AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2016-05-15, 21:01   Link #121
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

In a long run without The Order Grande, yeah, one Raphael is enough.
But UNK like these are rare in general, as they shows up only in collaboration events, and you don't know what element they'll give you next.
Before situation like this, the question to ask yourself is "What's your desired finals set up" and "Will it be worth it in a long run?"
For example, for those who does not main light and needs light set up only to fight Celeste. Grinding more Raphael is not a bad idea. They just need a "good enough" light set up in a long run, and mind as well meet their quota early.
On the other hand, a hardcore light main player could have spend the time grinding for Raphael for Chevalier Magna pubs instead. Every Chevalier raid count when it comes to the Chevalier Sword.

Lucifer? Gacha only, he won't show up on Surprise Ticket.
The only way to get him by using ticket is the special ticket that worth 150 moon, which requires massive whaling either way.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-15, 21:50   Link #122
Kirayuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Those fights could have been spent in Chevalier Magna pubs with an Oliver Hawkeye and a Rabbit Stone, and 10 for those who have her.
This ought to fetch you around 2-3 Chevalier Swords.
It's a bit diff. case, you can't really compare this solo quest with raids.
The former can only be farmed with AP and the latter have limitation each day how much you can hunt yourself, so to cover up that numbers you gonna use BP eventually.

Also, the number of Chev raids is not infinite.
I would not call for a specific number to compare them, the RNG can play hard with you since the drop rate is pretty small and you might not even get any sword at all with the same amount of AP if everyone running low on anima and as a result you won't be able to have numbers converge again.
Just for reference, many people who farmed hard on the Swords said getting 1 drop within 1500 runs is already lucky.
Not to mention getting into one raid of Chev is even harder during the campaign.

It's ultimately up to the user whether they want to gather multiple UNK for Grande or something to use for a while by grinding within the limited time period,
Or grinding the swords slowly (and there is a chance a new ideal setup coming later).
They can always do both anyway, they don't necessarily clash if you have both the time and resources.
So there is no best answer, it depends on what you need more at the time being.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-16, 03:33   Link #123
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
On the other hand, a hardcore light main player could have spend the time grinding for Raphael for Chevalier Magna pubs instead. Every Chevalier raid count when it comes to the Chevalier Sword.
That's nice and dandy on theory, but there are way too many factors that do not have anything to do with farming an EX weapon alongside.
First and foremost, the drop rate and context are totally different: Raphael is a single player event drop that can be farmed for a given period of time but with a remotely decent droprate (a lot of people already got their second MLB gun within the first 2 days). Chevalier Sword requires you to join any chevalier raid you can find, which means you are subject to your group trend and huge competition over other people checking twitter reinforcement calls. And in that case, even if you are using Oliver + Rabbit + Essel, your chances to get a Sword are quite low especially if you can't take the MVP with that setup (and a LOT of people forgo that setup or part of it, and maximize their damage output for MVP).

This trend has to be repeated countless times within a very lond period. You can't do that with Raphael which will probably be never rereleased like how TalesOf event didn't get any rerun either.
And unless there is another collabo with a character using a gun that could be associated with Light element, there won't be any EX weapon of Raphael caliber any time soon.

As such, it isn't like spending your time grinding Raphael for 10 days at most will hurt your chevalier farming objective on the long run. Far from it. Instead, it potentially give an alternative option if you are very unlucky and still don't get enough chevalier swords even after going for 500+ chevalier during a 1/2 BP magna compaign (which happened to me with like 1/3 getting the MVP).
Old 2016-05-16, 04:43   Link #124
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree here. In the end, between the 4 Raphael grind+Grande whaling and level up vs. Chevalier raid race during 1/2, I'll always choose the latter. Especially with a reasonable 2 to 3 Chevalier Sword set up is good enough to replace the light Grande set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
Speaking of buying characters. Can the surprise gacha be used more than once or is it a once per account thing?
Once per account is the Starterdash.
Surprise Ticket is about every 3 or 4 month.

Last edited by shmaster; 2016-05-16 at 05:00.
Old 2016-05-16, 13:23   Link #125
Kirayuki

I don't think it really matters whether you can snatch the MVP or use full drop rate set up.
The drop rate from red box is still less than 0.5% if I am not mistaken.
And the drop rate from gold chest is originally somewhere around 0.1% or less, so even with 100% drop rate up it's still 0.2% at best.
I have to note you might even get less than 0.01% drop rate if you are unlucky since the numbers of Chevalier is not infinite and you are competing with other people so you might not even get chance for your efforts to converge up in the long run, if you see what I'm trying to say here about RNG.

While for Raphael, you can just keep going provided you have enough stock of AP.
So the cost:reward ratio here is more stable than farming Swords.
The only luck you really need here is pulling Grande itself (or solve it with money)

That said, assuming you can at least get in on the raid you can get lots of Gun too from Chev.
And I already pointed out before even with only 1 Sword setup, you don't need more than 1 Raphael.
So it's just a matter of preference here.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-16, 16:14   Link #126
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

I wish I had a better unknown sword instead of a -7%HP unknown katana, but the improvement towards my weapon pool has been tremendous! Managed to also acquire 2 colossus canes, one from shop and as a drop. Also finally made a bahamut dagger. I'm really gonna miss magfes when it ends.

I just need more fodder to skill level all these weapons now. Working towards GW sword at the moment. Close to forging it and Element changing it. Hopefully I can get that done by tomorrow evening.
Old 2016-05-16, 19:23   Link #127
Redoaxe
ツンデレ。。。?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
20 half elixir is a very good average. I and some other people had to spend 40+ for only one you know. And if you can spend that many pots for drops, exchanging all 3 guns isn't exactly an issue. It is actually not overpriced compared to previous shop items.
Really? I started about a month ago so I didn't know.

Anyway, just got another drop, I left my brother playing while I was doing some chores and when I got back he's like "I just got this SS rare thingy here" Goddamned beginners luck lol
Old 2016-05-19, 23:20   Link #128
Shadow5YA

I bought all three Raphaels in the shop.

Still waiting for Dark Kamui to flip one
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-20, 07:32   Link #129
Insaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enSword View Post
I wish I had a better unknown sword instead of a -7%HP unknown katana, but the improvement towards my weapon pool has been tremendous! Managed to also acquire 2 colossus canes, one from shop and as a drop. Also finally made a bahamut dagger. I'm really gonna miss magfes when it ends.

I just need more fodder to skill level all these weapons now. Working towards GW sword at the moment. Close to forging it and Element changing it. Hopefully I can get that done by tomorrow evening.
How many runs did it take for your colossus?
I am at 200+ runs running and still without a single staff, damn rotten luck.
Insaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-20, 15:19   Link #130
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insaint View Post
How many runs did it take for your colossus?
I am at 200+ runs running and still without a single staff, damn rotten luck.
That one was around 120s
Just got my second drop today. I should get my 4th one next week via renown points.
Old 2016-05-21, 14:49   Link #131
Pen3

I just started last week, but my draws are giving me nothing but water. I got Silva from my 2nd free draw and the other one is Charlotta.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-23, 12:43   Link #132
Redoaxe
ツンデレ。。。?

Event's over. Couldn't get the 2nd light gun MLB, oh well. Finished with one MLB and two extras.
Old 2016-05-25, 06:15   Link #133
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Magnafest is over and I feel like I haven't leeched enough magna ( Oh well at least I got 1 SSR levi dagger from it and filled my weapon pool with levi SR weps

Good god, how much time will I invest in this game when it takes this long to just reach this part Granted I haven't played this game that much but still...

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-25, 16:20   Link #134
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
Got 4 SSR weapons and 3 SSR Chevs from leeching. Needed one more copy of Chevalier but no luck. Hosting gives me nothing. After 20 Chevs all I get are SRs. At best :/

Playing Tales of Asteria to get Milla later and yeesh what a dull game. I don't know how anyone can play this for anything but the Tales fanservice.
Just auto it while you do something else.
Old 2016-05-26, 16:42   Link #135
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

So I spent most of magfes farming Grande and collected 30 horns today.
Now i'm told that a cosmo staff is useless in a fire pool...There goes all that effor which could have been spent on more Colossus.

Oh well, i'll see what the August changes would bring.
Old 2016-05-26, 17:12   Link #136
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
So I spent most of magfes farming Grande and collected 30 horns today.
Now i'm told that a cosmo staff is useless in a fire pool...There goes all that effor which could have been spent on more Colossus.

Oh well, i'll see what the August changes would bring.
It is always not too late to trade that for a cosmo gun, and begin hunting Tiamat Magna to join the league of Wind Mafia.

And for fire set up. Flame=Glass's sword (the dropped ones with magna skill, not the buyable ones) is actually better than Colossus's cane. Consider you have the patience to grind Grande, you might want consider grinding Flame=Glass too insead of Colossus.
Old 2016-05-27, 02:33   Link #137
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
It is always not too late to trade that for a cosmo gun, and begin hunting Tiamat Magna to join the league of Wind Mafia.

And for fire set up. Flame=Glass's sword (the dropped ones with magna skill, not the buyable ones) is actually better than Colossus's cane. Consider you have the patience to grind Grande, you might want consider grinding Flame=Glass too insead of Colossus.
Not a fan of wind, so i'll pass! I might make a dark team if i decide on a 2nd party.
Do you mean this weapon?

If so, got any stats about it? The data on it is unfortunately scarce.
Old 2016-05-27, 10:57   Link #138
Shadow5YA

What's the best way of getting Tier 2 orbs? I need a bunch of them to 5* Amira and Noah, on top of the truckload needed for the guild war weapon...

Is there really no way other than Scarlet Trial, which is RNG on the element I get, and summon raids?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-27, 12:59   Link #139
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
What's the best way of getting Tier 2 orbs? I need a bunch of them to 5* Amira and Noah, on top of the truckload needed for the guild war weapon...

Is there really no way other than Scarlet Trial, which is RNG on the element I get, and summon raids?
There's also the element extreme stage which gives all the element orbs + scales + scrolls

You can also trade via shop 3 per day as well.
Old 2016-05-27, 13:08   Link #140
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
If so, got any stats about it? The data on it is unfortunately scarce.
1677 max attack, 664 HP
-ATK UP (medium)
-Critical (medium)
-Enmity (small)

Basically, it is on the same level as Chevalier sword, nearly better if it wasn't for the very low ATK stats.
That said, there are several issues with that weapon:
-it is extremely impractical to farm it because of the very high mats cost to summon Flam Glass and its summon limit of 2 per day instead of 3.
-People are very less likely to summon FG compared to Colossus
-Drop rate is really awful
-It is only perfect against wind. You will fare way worse against any other neutral element compared to a Colossus stave setup.

I'd definitely not suggesting that. Heck, I don't remember gachi players trying to have a full set of that sword.