AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Ah! My Goddess

Notices

Old 2005-01-02, 20:13   Link #121
Imion
Bakabakabaka! >_<

I'd bet that not only one Fansub group will sub this one.. after all we finally get to continue one of the most popular animes.

I'm truly looking forward to this, regarding the fact that I've been fan of this series ever since. *looks at his wall and his maga desk and ofc his DVDs....*

The only thing that bugs me a bit is that they start all over again so possibly some of the nicer characters won't appear at all... AGAIN. (The 4 goddesses most likely will I think, but there are more than those.. *awaits Hild & Rinda* )

Let's all pray that won't happen.

*goes to pray to the goddesses*
Imion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 11:28   Link #122
OrO
Vega

Send a message via ICQ to OrO Send a message via AIM to OrO Send a message via MSN to OrO
I don't mind if they redo it again if they add episodes later
Even if Ah My Goddess is really famous, everyone may not know it, that's why (I think) they will begin the story from the beginning (with variation)
OrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 14:00   Link #123
Lost Souls

From the promo vid ive seen and the stuff ive read, its not a second season. Rather a complete rework starting from scratch. And all i can say is than god for that. The OVA was great, but they didnt exactly stay true to the manga hehehe.

I dont like the new voice actress for Beldandy, she just sounds weird. Personally i loved the original fom the OVA's, i also prefered the way she was drawn there aswell, seemed more tru to the manga.
Lost Souls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 14:41   Link #124
OrO
Vega

Send a message via ICQ to OrO Send a message via AIM to OrO Send a message via MSN to OrO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Souls

I dont like the new voice actress for Beldandy, she just sounds weird. Personally i loved the original fom the OVA's, i also prefered the way she was drawn there aswell, seemed more tru to the manga.
strange because it's the same Seiyuu (Inoue) for OAVs, movie and TV series. But the intonation is not really the same maybe it's only for the promo
Old 2005-01-03, 15:34   Link #125
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrO
strange because it's the same Seiyuu (Inoue) for OAVs, movie and TV series. But the intonation is not really the same maybe it's only for the promo
Not only that but the animation team, and pretty much the entire staff are the same from the movie and/or OVA. And anyone that did see the movie knows that the animation there was superb
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 16:14   Link #126
OrO
Vega

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Not only that but the animation team, and pretty much the entire staff are the same from the movie and/or OVA. And anyone that did see the movie knows that the animation there was superb
Yes that's right, the animation was awesome but it was a movie, I don't think they will have the same budget for the TV series (even if I hope they will)
And I was somehow a little bit disppointed by the animation shown in the short promo (Belldandy doesn't seem so well animated) but I may be wrong (it was so short)
Old 2005-01-03, 16:35   Link #127
BootPatch913

The New AMG Series

^^ I just heard about the new AMG series. Yes, I know, old news, n it's coming out in a few days. But I was wondering if it comes out ONLY in Japan? Probably... *sigh* NOO!!!! Well yeah, can n e 1 give an estimate when it'll come out in America?? ^^"
BootPatch913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 16:58   Link #128
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootPatch913
^^ I just heard about the new AMG series. Yes, I know, old news, n it's coming out in a few days. But I was wondering if it comes out ONLY in Japan? Probably... *sigh* NOO!!!! Well yeah, can n e 1 give an estimate when it'll come out in America?? ^^"
America? It ain't even licensed ... yet. But let's say a year after licensed is a reasonable assumption. So if it is licensed allready but not announced 2006 ar the earliest me thinks, but this is of course all speculation at this point
Old 2005-01-03, 19:34   Link #129
t0mmy

Fansub groups

Anyone know of any fansub groups planning to sub AMG tv?

Personally, I dont think they did a good job drawing bell from the images I've seen. I liked the way she was drawn in the ova. I think they made her anorexic in the tv series.
t0mmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 00:39   Link #130
Imion
Bakabakabaka! >_<

I won't judge on the drawing before seeing a whole episode.

After all the first one should appear, soon so show a bit of patience.
Old 2005-01-04, 17:38   Link #131
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
America? It ain't even licensed ... yet. But let's say a year after licensed is a reasonable assumption. So if it is licensed allready but not announced 2006 ar the earliest me thinks, but this is of course all speculation at this point
It'll be announced this summer sometime, probably at AX, given how popular the title is. I also predict that someone will outbid Animeigo, which will suck, to say the least.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 18:12   Link #132
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
It'll be announced this summer sometime, probably at AX, given how popular the title is. I also predict that someone will outbid Animeigo, which will suck, to say the least.
Animeigo already lost out. Geneon did the movie and I think they'll likely get the series.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 18:27   Link #133
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
Well, Geneon (Pioneer at the time) did the AMG Movie and that release was very good (my personal opinion) so we shouldn't panic about who picks it up, most major license companies are pretty good these days.
Of course for dub fans another licensor can be more troublesome, because that means that the original voice actors amy not remain and get replaced. But as I said before, no reason to panic yet, let's just enjoy the new show for now
Old 2005-01-04, 20:28   Link #134
Kimura-sensei
Retired AOne Staff

You guys probably will figure it out soon...

AnimeONE & AnimeYuki , as a joint, will be subbing Ah! My Goddess.

I'm aware another big popular group will be doing it as well, but I'll leave it up to them to announce it.
Kimura-sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 21:05   Link #135
FlyByNite

Quote:
Well, Geneon (Pioneer at the time) did the AMG Movie and that release was very good (my personal opinion) so we shouldn't panic about who picks it up, most major license companies are pretty good these days.
Of course for dub fans another licensor can be more troublesome, because that means that the original voice actors amy not remain and get replaced. But as I said before, no reason to panic yet, let's just enjoy the new show for now
Oh I agree I didn't have any problems with them doing it and I'll be happy if they get the series. They changed dub voices from the OVA to movie, but anyone listening to the dub of OMG deserves to be kicked in the head...
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 21:23   Link #136
Imion
Bakabakabaka! >_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimura-sensei

I'm aware another big popular group will be doing it as well, but I'll leave it up to them to announce it.

Nice to hear that.
I've enjoyed several Subs you guys made in the past, so I guess you'll be doing a good job on AMG, too.
Old 2005-01-04, 22:09   Link #137
MaK_MachinE

although everything else looks fine, i am definitely not feeling this picture of belldandy.
MaK_MachinE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 23:03   Link #138
ordnance11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimura-sensei

Yes!...I look forward to it. Thank you very much.
ordnance11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 23:04   Link #139
ordnance11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaK_MachinE

although everything else looks fine, i am definitely not feeling this picture of belldandy.

She looks like Fujishima's current artwork. Remeber her drawing style had evolved over 16 years...man it's been that long already?
ordnance11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 23:20   Link #140
Kimura-sensei
Retired AOne Staff

No kidding... His current drawing seems fine with me. I rather have him draw his current modern style of Belldandy rather than his 1st drawing in the manga which was ugly... but most important of all, all the seiyuus from the OVA and manga are back. It would be dreadful to think someone else would voice Belldandy like the mini-series.
Kimura-sensei is offline   Reply With Quote