AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-24, 14:31   Link #121
Subayai

Congrats to Toki on her victory! Could she be the first defending champion who wins her preliminary group? In the recent years at least, she sure is.

Now, let's take a look at what's happening in the next group:
Saki vs Girls & Panzer - Round 1: the first of many battles to come.

First Preliminaries Group 2 - Votes after 3 hours
1st - 33 Takebe Saori @ Girls und Panzer
2nd - 29 Darjeeling @ Girls und Panzer
3rd - 26 Shirouzu Mairu @ Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A
3rd - 26 Hikigaya Komachi @ Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.
3rd - 26 Mikazuki Yozora @ Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Next
6rd - 25 Aoyama Nanami @ Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
7th - 23 Yuno @ Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb
8th - 21 Orange Pekoe @ Girls und Panzer
8th - 21 Shibuya Takami @ Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A
10th - 19 Saigusa Haruka @ Little Busters!
10th - 19 Kobashiri Yae @ Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A
10th - 19 Takatsuki Yayoi @ The iDOLM@STER series
10th - 19 Roromiya Karuta @ Inu x Boku SS
14th - 17 Kannagi Miyabi @ Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru!

Because of the low vote count, there are many characters just a few votes away from the classifying spots, so there could be many changes before the end of the match.

Also, Yayoi needs votes. So if you can get a code, spare a vote for her.
Old 2013-07-24, 16:26   Link #122
Team Rocket Elite

6-3-1

Spoiler for Preliminary 1-1 Results:

My Top 10 for Preliminary 1-2:
Spoiler for Preliminary 1-2:

Looking good Toki. Maybe she can even reach Round 3 if she's lucky.
Old 2013-07-24, 18:15   Link #123
chaosprophet

Results for Prelims 1 - Group 1
Spoiler for P1G1 Results:

And welll... better later than never XD.
Old 2013-07-24, 21:34   Link #124
iamadooddood
NOM.

I noticed 3 girls tied for 39th. So 2nd prelims will have an extra character.

What if x girls, where x ≥ 2, get tied for (y-x)th, where y ≥ 16 and (y-x) ≤ 14? Means the round right after the prelims will have more than 288 characters, huh.

I'm going to see what'll happen if 2 girls tie for 1st in any of the smaller groups post-prelims.

But what I'm not sure of is how after the 288 characters get split into 8 groups of 36 each, the rounds will proceed. Is it 36 girls into 12 groups of 3 each, then 12 winners put into 4 groups of 3 each, then 4 winners put into 2 rounds of 1v1 knockout for 1 winner per... giant group.

And how would the revival rounds work? Is it 12 losers in round 1 combine with 4 losers in round 2 to get 4 groups of 4 each then the 4 winners combine with the 2 round 3 losers for 2 groups of 3 each then the 2 winners group with the loser of the (giant) group finals and winner takes spot in final 16? This is purely guesswork so I'm bound to have made a mistake somewhere...
Old 2013-07-24, 21:57   Link #125
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
But what I'm not sure of is how after the 288 characters get split into 8 groups of 36 each, the rounds will proceed. Is it 36 girls into 12 groups of 3 each, then 12 winners put into 4 groups of 3 each, then 4 winners put into 2 rounds of 1v1 knockout for 1 winner per... giant group.

And how would the revival rounds work? Is it 12 losers in round 1 combine with 4 losers in round 2 to get 4 groups of 4 each then the 4 winners combine with the 2 round 3 losers for 2 groups of 3 each then the 2 winners group with the loser of the (giant) group finals and winner takes spot in final 16? This is purely guesswork so I'm bound to have made a mistake somewhere...
Having more than the predicted total of girls for main round happens every year in saimoe. For each extra girl, they add one spot in the bracket, usually following some pattern depending on how many got in. Each extra girl = one match in round 1 being 4 characters instead of 3. And considering the brackets draw is random, so the ones that get draw to the 4 chara matches just got unlucky.

For repechange they have more detailed rulings in case of ties so there will be an exact total. From what I understand, in case of a tie for first place where one of the girls end up winning the block, then no girls are considered for repechange on that round, and two are on the next. An example:

On round 1:
A, B, C, on a match. A and B ties for first.
On round 2:
A, B, E, F on a match. A wins and eventually win the whole block. This means that the two girls with higher vote count after A will go to repechage. All from round 1 will be ignored. So if B got last on match, B wouldn't go to repechage, even though she ties for first with A on round 1.
Old 2013-07-24, 23:25   Link #126
uis

Voted for today:-
Spoiler for Preliminary 1-2 picks in cp format:

Congrats for Toki in yesterday match. I hope this year preliminary have some unexpected champion. BOSS doing well. Look like my waifu will never going to main round. Hope for some miracle.

For today match i want to drop Mairu for Nanami but i always vote according my list. Higher number get priorities even she expected going to main round.

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
Old 2013-07-25, 00:04   Link #127
timbits
Harem Lead

Well then. Yesterday's results were pretty much as expected, with Toki and Kuroneko 1st and 2nd. Toki still won despite being the champion, so that's a really bad sign that we're going to have another Sakimoe. Kana getting third was a surprise, I think everyone pretty much ignored her since her series is really old. Komari 4th strengthens my belief of a Kud victory in group 11, looks like KEY fans are pulling through. On a more biased note, Shion failing to directly qualify makes me really sad, partly because that means probably no other GJ-Bus are going to get in. I also find it amusing that Ruka got 50 some votes but Ruri from the same series got 10 despite having more screentime and being more important. People really hated season 3 it looks like.

Moving on to today, Yozora looks like she's making a comeback against the GuP girls. She was as low as 6th when I had checked in earlier in the day but has since climbed up to 2nd. Uis you might like to know that your beloved Ringo is 25th with 19 votes :/.

Anyways here are my picks for today:

Spoiler for Prelims 1-2 Picks:

Go go Haruchin!
Old 2013-07-25, 09:09   Link #128
chaosprophet

Results for Prelims 1 - Group 2
Spoiler for P1G2 Results:
Old 2013-07-25, 09:34   Link #129
uis

Congratulations to Yozora for winning this time.

Slightly upset with Tama-chan. Oh Japan. You prefer trap ant than awesome green hair miko loli.

That Shiramizu. Man i should doing editing job again. Shirouzu Mairu is the correct name.

Old 2013-07-25, 09:59   Link #130
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Saki is likely going to be a significant factor again, based on the results so far.

GuP will likewise be a significant factor, but it doesn't look like they're going to be totally running away with it as I think some suspected.

I think we could have some very interesting faction wars this time.
Old 2013-07-25, 10:27   Link #131
uis

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Translation done. Took me some time cause on the extra nomination day they added 500 more characters. It's on the same file as before. Two sheets, one ordered by group and the other by series. Once again, if you happen to spot an error, please tell me.
Okay the error that i found:-

Shiramizu Mairu - Shirouzu Mairu
Mushibugyo - Mushibugyou
Koujiro Frau (Furugouri Kona) - Koujiro Frau (Furugoori Kona)
Katorea - Cattleya
Toosaka Rin - Tohsaka Rin (For god sake vndb stop using Toosaka. At least use Tousaka)
Yagyuu Juubee - Yagyuu Juubei

Old 2013-07-25, 12:15   Link #132
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by uis View Post
Okay the error that i found:-

Shiramizu Mairu - Shirouzu Mairu
Mushibugyo - Mushibugyou
Koujiro Frau (Furugouri Kona) - Koujiro Frau (Furugoori Kona)
Katorea - Cattleya
Thanks for pointing them. Corrected.
Quote:
Toosaka Rin - Tohsaka Rin (For god sake vndb stop using Toosaka. At least use Tousaka)
Yagyuu Juubee - Yagyuu Juubei
Besides katakana names that are actually supposed to be a foreign word or the like, I do use the name according to it's reading on Japanese. Because of that I used Juubee (じゅうべえ) and Toosaka (とおさか).
Old 2013-07-25, 13:08   Link #133
uis

Quote:
Thanks for pointing them. Corrected.

Besides katakana names that are actually supposed to be a foreign word or the like, I do use the name according to it's reading on Japanese. Because of that I used Juubee (じゅうべえ) and Toosaka (とおさか).
Juubei is famous historical name. It is old name and nobody use Juubee. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yagyū_Jūbei_Mitsuyoshi

Toosaka is funny romanization but people still use it. Just keep that for troll purpose.
I am prefer Tousaka though because it is Too-sa-ka not To-o-sa-ka.

Old 2013-07-25, 13:15   Link #134
Subayai

It was a very closely fought match. Congratulations to Yozora.

So sad for Yayoi who will have to wait for 2nd preliminaries.

I wonder, if Mairu made a Reservation for 5th place today, does that mean Tsuruhime has assured the 3rd (or even 2nd) place tomorrow? Will someone be able to break that bond?

On a more technical note, if you are using a counter to follow the matches, you should update your config2.txt file (if you haven't already). Here is a link, just download it and replace it:
j72820.chez-alice.fr/up0/file/u2_001193.txt
It fixes an issue where different forms of the symbol & were not recognized as equivalent during the counting of votes. Because of this, Nishizumi Shiho and My Melody lost 3,4 votes on Group 1 match. There are no consequences because they still have to go to 2nd prelims. However, it is good it was noticed before the end of today's match because the classification of Orange Pekoe depended on it.

For tomorrow, I'll be rooting (and voting, I hope) for Katyusha and Takane, specially. It seems that Chitanda is taking the early lead. Kirino is still around the 9th place or so, she should hurry or this match is going to get away from her!
Old 2013-07-25, 13:21   Link #135
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Having more than the predicted total of girls for main round happens every year in saimoe. For each extra girl, they add one spot in the bracket, usually following some pattern depending on how many got in. Each extra girl = one match in round 1 being 4 characters instead of 3. And considering the brackets draw is random, so the ones that get draw to the 4 chara matches just got unlucky.

For repechange they have more detailed rulings in case of ties so there will be an exact total. From what I understand, in case of a tie for first place where one of the girls end up winning the block, then no girls are considered for repechange on that round, and two are on the next. An example:

On round 1:
A, B, C, on a match. A and B ties for first.
On round 2:
A, B, E, F on a match. A wins and eventually win the whole block. This means that the two girls with higher vote count after A will go to repechage. All from round 1 will be ignored. So if B got last on match, B wouldn't go to repechage, even though she ties for first with A on round 1.
I see. ... I think. Thanks for the explanations regarding the... repechange? Repechage? Recharge? Ugh.

Quote:
The oo and uu I can understand, but ee is stretching it too far. I've never seen any romanisation like that before.

I think you're better off using ō and ū instead of oo and uu. Even ou makes more sense than oo.

On a side note... I'm pretty sure it's RDG: Red Data Girl. Yeah, without the s. So not "Girls".
Old 2013-07-25, 16:16   Link #136
ion475
にこにこにー

Since I only have access with my phone for this few days, I'll post my "would be" vote later.

As for result, Looks like GuP is not going to run away with this like Saki did last year, although Saori power level is not that high. Nanamin surprised me a little bit (with this being 2ch and all), but I guess being in a weak group helps a lot.

For this group, I don't see Chitanda losing, and my 2nd favorite GuP girl is in this group. Panzer Vor! (don't know the Russian equivalent lol)
Old 2013-07-25, 16:17   Link #137
chaosprophet

Quote:
Toosaka is funny romanization but people still use it. Just keep that for troll purpose.
I am prefer Tousaka though because it is Too-sa-ka not To-o-sa-ka.
But uis, on that very same post you did point me an error: Furugoori instead of Furugouri. When I'm using the Toosaka romanization I'm being consistent with Furugoori and other romanizations of the kind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
The oo and uu I can understand, but ee is stretching it too far. I've never seen any romanisation like that before.

I think you're better off using ō and ū instead of oo and uu. Even ou makes more sense than oo.

On a side note... I'm pretty sure it's RDG: Red Data Girl. Yeah, without the s. So not "Girls".
You may not have seen the ee in names before, but likely saw them in words like Nee-san. the problem of ō and ū is that they're hard to search, as there isn't those symbols on a normal keyboard, so I avoid them. Also thanks, it's indeed Girl.
Old 2013-07-25, 17:33   Link #138
Team Rocket Elite

6-4-0

Spoiler for Preliminary 1-2 Results:

My Top 10 for Preliminary 1-3:
Spoiler for Preliminary 1-3:

Nice job by Yozora.
Old 2013-07-25, 21:30   Link #139
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
You may not have seen the ee in names before, but likely saw them in words like Nee-san. the problem of ō and ū is that they're hard to search, as there isn't those symbols on a normal keyboard, so I avoid them. Also thanks, it's indeed Girl.
Not for names that's for sure, but yeah. As for ō and ū I usally copy and paste them. Or type them out with devices like this iPhone I'm using now.

So what's the exact spelling of the re-something process thing again? The spelling seems to jump from post to post.
Old 2013-07-25, 21:43   Link #140
Team Rocket Elite

It's "repechage".

Tags
2013, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament