AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka - Insurrection in the Ancient City (Volumes 14 & 15) Rating
Perfect 10 35 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 24.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 12.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 8.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-09-11, 12:52   Link #121
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
Thanks you for the link.
Let me update quick info.

Spoiler for Vol. 14.:

I think, Hanzou should apply for a job as a butler or body guard at Saegusa family.
He may never meet Mayumi in person unless he works for the family. lol.

Wow, it is shocking the writer would kill Nakura off this early. Nakura must find out about Zhou that he should never find out.
Or, the deal between Saegusa and Zhou did not go well.
Those two took awhile begote realizing theyre feelings especially Miki; for all the teasing Erika gave him he just realized it.So the ships are moving smoothly except for Mayumi and Honoka.

So did Hattori got heart broken when Mayumi called Tatsuya?

Well isnt it obvious that Nakura would die this early? He doesnt serve for Loyalty or Money but self gain. Those guys are usually the first to die.

Edit: so Leo understand the difference of reaction from Erika towards Tatsuya; well isnt that the same from everyone of the series? First was Mizuki then Miyuki then Miki and last is Leo?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 13:06   Link #122
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Those two took awhile begote realizing theyre feelings especially Miki; for all the teasing Erika gave him he just realized it.So the ships are moving smoothly except for Mayumi and Honoka.

Well isnt it obvious that Nakura would die this early? He doesnt serve for Loyalty or Money but self gain. Those guys are usually the first to die.
It's quite obvious that Miki loves her and is aware of it but I have the impression Mizuki is undecided, Miki was sad when he got a giri chocolate from her. From the GT translation on the Japanese wiki Tsutomu said that Hanzo loves Mayumi since the last year 9SC but know he has he has no chance. It seems he was jealous of Katsuto's too because he is from the 10MC or something like that. If Erika confesses and get rejected, and that Miki gets rejected as well, my Erika X Miki ship might come true.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 13:10   Link #123
TrueAlchemist

Quote:

Edit: so Leo understand the difference of reaction from Erika towards Tatsuya; well isnt that the same from everyone of the series? First was Mizuki then Miyuki then Miki and last is Leo?

Based on the review, Hattori saw Tatsuya and Mayumi together talking, and he seems to be shocked.

For Nakura, I thought he could be the reason for the Saegusa's downfall. Seems like, the story is turning very interestingly. I do not think, he would betray Saegusa easily because Extras especially guys at Nakura's generation are outcast from the magician society. Even if he betrays Saegusa family, there is nothing much for him unless he has a strong sponsor such as Yotsuba or any faction with enough power to handle Saegusa. Another choice is defection to another country. So, I thought he would change his master from Koichi to Zhou as the story develops.

It would be interesting to find out the killer who took down Nakura. If it is not Zhou or traditional faction, it would be Koichi, so it may create a wedge between Koichi and Mayumi.

I read, the blogger's review in Korean through google trans. There is nothing about Leo.
The reviewer was hoping that Erika would match with Leo, but again, Erika showed very light affection (face) towards Tatsuya. I think, it is similar to previous volumes, but the author seems reminding Erika - Tatsuya fans that there is still a hope. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
It's quite obvious that Miki loves her and is aware of it but I have the impression Mizuki is undecided, Miki was sad when he got a giri chocolate from her. From the GT translation on the Japanese wiki Tsutomu said that Hanzo loves Mayumi since the last year 9SC but know he has he has no chance. It seems he was jealous of Katsuto's too because he is from the 10MC or something like that. If Erika confesses and get rejected, and that Miki gets rejected as well, my Erika X Miki ship might come true.
Thanks you for information on Hanzou.
Wow, since last year 9SC... I thought he was born to be her pet. lol.
This guy envies Miyuki for her talents. I am amazed, he only envied Katsuto's family background.

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; 2014-09-11 at 13:27.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 13:32   Link #124
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Well theres alot if things to be undecided. Miki is from a prestige house of ancient magic user while Mizuki is from a normal family. But heck that doesnt stop love. I was hoping Erika would give a saving grace; cuz its more fun to tease them and they better not annoy Erika.

Quote:
Based on the review, Hattori saw Tatsuya and Mayumi together talking, and he seems to be shocked.

I read, the translated version to Korean. There is nothing about Leo.
The reviewer was hoping that Erika would match with Leo, but again, Erika showed very light affection (face) towards Tatsuya. I think, it is similar to previous volumes, but the author seems reminding Erika - Tatsuya fans that there is still a hope. lol.
Oh...too bad for Hattori to just give up like that; his opponent is a robot afterall.

Well the author wants something to happen for putting Erika x Tatsuya again. Vol. 13 nothing much happen in their relationship(Thats why those people; those Mayumifags are getting stronger) but i guess the author wants to give a prominition or forshadows for the Rozen arc.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 13:54   Link #125
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Well the author wants something to happen for putting Erika x Tatsuya again. Vol. 13 nothing much happen in their relationship(Thats why those people; those Mayumifags are getting stronger) but i guess the author wants to give a prominition or forshadows for the Rozen arc.
I think, Erika x Tatsuya was seriously considered by the author because there are a lot of similarities between them regarding their awkward position in the family. In addition, Erika's relation to Rozen and Tatsuya's position as Torres Silver also plays well. In some way, it could have been another Romeo and Juliet if Erika is an official Rozen, and Tatsuya is officially recognized as a heir of FLT and Silver.

And, Mayumi x Tatsuya has many fans because in some ways it follows the popular couple trend in manga and anime; one with all the glory and the other one who lost all the glory or have none.

(Well, Tatsuya wise, he has all the glory in notorious way. He just cannot disclose it to the public.)
Old 2014-09-11, 14:03   Link #126
~oNe~
whatever

i think this volume lack picture page??? or still not fully scanlation??? suppose to be 5+ colour page and 8+ grayscale page right???
~oNe~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 14:07   Link #127
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~oNe~ View Post
i think this volume lack picture page??? or still not fully scanlation??? suppose to be 5+ colour page and 8+ grayscale page right???
No, it is far from being scanned. Many of members in forums are gathering reviews from multiple sources and discussing about it at the moment.
So far, scanned Japanese version is not found yet.

I think, all the pictures are photographed probably by the smartphone. So far, there are three color picture pages, and few gray pages. If you go the first and second page of thread, you should find it.
Old 2014-09-11, 15:42   Link #128
Echizen777

I guess this time, Tsutomu tried to develop more romance ant the plot in part I before the heavy action in the next volume?
Old 2014-09-11, 16:35   Link #129
Zoks

Quote:
I guess this time, Tsutomu tried to develop more romance ant the plot in part I before the heavy action in the next volume?
I wouldn't say that. Reviews usually reflect what people are most interested in. Note we still don't know what actually happened in the volume, just some vague ideas on the relationship status of the characters.
Zoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 16:47   Link #130
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
I think, the author is slowly building a ground for Mayumi to confess to Tatsuya, but as it is now, he would say exactly the same thing as the last time. I think, the guy needs some kind of emotional shock not from Miyuki's demise or misfortune but from Honoka's.

I think, his emotional attachment is the second strongest with Honoka in the form of guilt. If something happens to Honoka because of him, Tatsuya might experience mental trauma or at least should feel some mental shock. It may become the basis for his character development. If not .... I think, he will end up being a semi-robot for eternity. Anyway, we should not expect any confession from Mayumi for next several volumes. She will continue hanging around Tatsuya and realizing her feelings. I am just feeling sorry for Hanzou. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
I wouldn't say that. Reviews usually reflect what people are most interested in. Note we still don't know what actually happened in the volume, just some vague ideas on the relationship status of the characters.
You are right. The reviewer did not put much emphasis on Kudou Minoru and his role in the volume. So, we will have to wait for the detailed summary / review or the translation. Honoka and Shizuku were also not mentioned in the review, so I am expecting more.

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; 2014-09-11 at 17:16.
Old 2014-09-11, 17:15   Link #131
Bakahou

I'm just shipping mayumixjesus because mayumi is cute as fuck :3
Bakahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 17:44   Link #132
NeutralZero

now that's an interesting review...
Mayumi being a classical tsundere in terms of her feelings for Tatsuya?
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 04:16   Link #133
TrueAlchemist

Just one more spoiler from other thread. I think some of you only read this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
Found an Dengeki interview with the author where he talks about Mahouka and Dowl Masters. Some info on Vol 14, how he views the anime and more.
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/920/920654/
If anyone could summarise it bettter than Google it would be great.
The author briefly talked about the new volume.
Spoiler for Vol. 14 Interview with the author:
Old 2014-09-12, 04:23   Link #134
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
Based on these little spoilers at least, there are improvements compared to before when talking about the relationships. It was hinted Hanzo loved Mayumi for example, now it is confirmed, same for Mayumi and Erika for Tatsuya, there is development concerning Mikihiko and Mizuki too. I am not sure if Minami's sudden crush for Minoru counts...
Old 2014-09-12, 04:40   Link #135
Mentar
Banned

The Mayumi illustration so totally cracks me up ^_^ ... I find her character (along with others, but hers particularly) incredibly endearing.

So, I can only hope that Mahouka doesn't make the same mistake that too many long-running shows do, by diluting the story by adding and subsequently maintaining too many new characters, and so, stealing stage time for the real stars. I'm willing to be that if there was a multi-selection poll which characters the fans are really interested in, the results would be pretty obvious.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 06:33   Link #136
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Based on these little spoilers at least, there are improvements compared to before when talking about the relationships. It was hinted Hanzo loved Mayumi for example, now it is confirmed, same for Mayumi and Erika for Tatsuya, there is development concerning Mikihiko and Mizuki too. I am not sure if Minami's sudden crush for Minoru counts...
Hanzou's one side love was hinted here and there, but I think, most of us are the same. It is very hard to image Mayumi x Hanzou. I can imagine the possibility of Mayumi x Katsuto. (Sorry, Hanzou.... It is just too hard.)
There would be a higher possibility for Tatsuya to become a head of Yotsuba than Mayumi to even go on a date with Hanzou.

Minami is also genetically altered being, so Minami and Minoru may have many similarities.
The author may want to give another possibility for Minami's future besides simply ending as a guardian like Honami.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
So, I can only hope that Mahouka doesn't make the same mistake that too many long-running shows do, by diluting the story by adding and subsequently maintaining too many new characters, and so, stealing stage time for the real stars. I'm willing to be that if there was a multi-selection poll which characters the fans are really interested in, the results would be pretty obvious.
We may not have such problems in Mahouka. Even though there are 10 MC, 18 (or was it 17) supporting families, and 100 of nameless families, among them the strong and noticiable families such as Ichijou, Juumonji, Saegusa, and Yotsuba are already introduced. I am just looking for stronger villians to be introduced to challenge and possibly kick Tatsuya's ass.

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; 2014-09-12 at 09:13.
Old 2014-09-12, 06:44   Link #137
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
The Mayumi illustration so totally cracks me up ^_^ ... I find her character (along with others, but hers particularly) incredibly endearing.

Exactly, no one can steal Tatsuya/stage time from Miyuki. Including your Mayumi.
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 09:24   Link #138
NeutralZero

Though they can't steal him/stage time from Miyuki,
it will not stop them from trying at least...
speaking of Miyuki,
what was her reaction with Tatsuya and Mayumi?
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 09:28   Link #139
Echizen777

Quote:

He said in Vol 11 afterword that the number of characters will keep increasing.
Old 2014-09-12, 09:34   Link #140
cyberdemon

Quote:
I think, Erika x Tatsuya was seriously considered by the author because there are a lot of similarities between them regarding their awkward position in the family. In addition, Erika's relation to Rozen and Tatsuya's position as Torres Silver also plays well. In some way, it could have been another Romeo and Juliet if Erika is an official Rozen, and Tatsuya is officially recognized as a heir of FLT and Silver.

And, Mayumi x Tatsuya has many fans because in some ways it follows the popular couple trend in manga and anime; one with all the glory and the other one who lost all the glory or have none.

(Well, Tatsuya wise, he has all the glory in notorious way. He just cannot disclose it to the public.)
I wouldn't really call Tatsuya and Erika a romeo and Juliet. Mayumi fits in that role better than Erika because of the conflict between the Saegusa and the Yotsuba. Of course neither could be a Juliet if Romeo doesn't give a damn about romance lol.

Tags
harem, jesus-like mc