Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-01-20, 09:27   Link #121
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
My question will be "Are witches human?"
If yes then micheal has no justication. Maria has the same right as the other humans to wield her power without divine intervention.
If no then micheal action is justifiable as eradication of demons.

Now the problem is micheal do not really need to justify his actions if he is doing heaven's will as they are probably the most powerful organization in the setting.
I guess they are humans by origin, but they doesn't count as one because they use un-human powers. Michael seems to be fine with witches doing whatever they want as long as they doesn't cross certain power level. Think about it as something along lines of nuclear arms regulation.
Old 2015-01-20, 11:42   Link #122
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi View Post
The show was looking really average till Joseph took a shot at Michael.
Hope they let Joseph say next episode what he said in the manga, because you could totally see Maria's heart set aflame by those words of his. <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Totally agree! I guess Maria will have to add a penis to poor shota incubus Priapos!
She will never do that Priapos will stay a hole with a hazy cloud forever! XD

I liked Michael's reasoning in the manga a bit more, maybe it is due the translation but it felt more well logical while Maria felt more emotional.

As Maria said, she is the one doing "all the savings" because "Heavens does nothing despite all the prayers". And Miachel asks her then if she belives she is a god and when she refused to answer that he told her that what she is doing she does only for the self-satisfaction and then listed up all the wrong things that are happening currently or had happened and asked her why she hasn't stopped them.
Where Maria ofc went on the attack and told him and his angels should do that. "Otherwise what good is God and his church?"

To which Michael replied that they only observe and do not meddle and that they are doing so "to preverse the reason for this world". Whenever her kind, aka witches and the likes, upsets that order then he stops them to preserve that world.
Where we ofc got to the dilemma of the problem that a witch stopping murder and war is against the order of the world but letting people kill and rape each other is in said order of the world.

After the whole preventing the villagers to become murderers of the marauders Michael told Maria above the clouds that she is only acting to stop what is happening in front of her because she cannot bear the unpleasantness with her own eyes.
Obviously Maria asked what is wrong with that and that if Michael does not like it he and his angels should be answering the prayers and show us, the human, the way.
And here comes my favorite phrase of Michael of the manga:
"If God were to do as you say, he would not have needed to craft a world; a story would have sufficed."

I loved that sentence! <3
Probably because I have written some fanfics of my own and know what Michael means of that, as no matter what the characters in the story will always do as you as their creator say. You could write stories were everyone is evil or everyone is good and everyone understands each other and so on, but you could never have a white paper and wait for a story to write itself with the characters doing whatever they want or feel is right/good to them.

The reason for this world is for the humans to live in freedom with all its goods, like Jospeh being so brave to face an Archangel to protect Maria or Ann being so kind to not fear Maria and wanting to befriend her, and its bad, with clerics and nobles abusing their positions, mercenaries and soldiers stealing, killing and raping the weak and so on.
Humans decide their own paths and Maria with her powers to call forth the power of nature, demons, dragons, giants and even old gods from the dark past, is able to prevent that from happening and enforce her view upon the humans.
And, well, that's bad from heaven's view as it should be humanity that solves its own affairs by its own means, whatever the result will be.

He also said that heaven would be silent if Maria would use her powers secretly like the other witches, but she does not. To which Maria taunts Michael that this is the only time they get to see Michael's famous sword and that she does still not see it his way because even if she is only stopping the fights and wars she does not want to watch, everyone says it makes the world a better place.
To which Michael said that to say that everyone agrees with Maria is a vanity. Which is kind of right as I am pretty sure that the mercenaries would disagree with Maria's interference. Then again those are the bad guys so yeah...

Anyway, the talk in the manga was longer and I felt it to be more clearer than in the anime.^^
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-20, 11:53   Link #123
MgMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
This appears to be one of this season's potentially underrated and hidden shows.
Wholeheartedly agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
My question will be "Are witches human?"
If yes then micheal has no justication. Maria has the same right as the other humans to wield her power without divine intervention.
If no then micheal action is justifiable as eradication of demons.

Now the problem is micheal do not really need to justify his actions if he is doing heaven's will as they are probably the most powerful organization in the setting.
Excellent point! I also wonder if Michael would interfere in a conflict that involves two witches. Like say, imagine that the mercenaries or every battalion in the skirmishes we've seen so far had a witch on their side who's only purpose was to prevent other witches from interfering -if they could. If one witch bested the other like say, if Maria bested the mercenaries' witch, then she'd be free to save the villagers from the mercenaries.

It's all speculation on my part of course, as there might not be enough witches in the world for that and they might not want to go up against each other if there were anyway. Still, I think it's something to consider.
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-20, 12:21   Link #124
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Well, this is pleasantly surprising.

I wouldn't have expected anything from a series titled "Maria the virgin witch". I thought that with an incubus, a succubus and a witch in the list of characters it would be, at least, one of those fanservice series where the main protagonist shouts "kyaa hentai" every 5 seconds.

Instead we got a well thought out discussion about the natural order of the world and an actual depiction of 2 clergymen engaging in homosexual acts. If that cannot be considered as progressive then I don't know what is
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-20, 13:34   Link #125
bigdeath

Yeah, this show shocked me enough to keep watching it. I have no idea where the story is going but it has at least peaked my interest.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-20, 19:04   Link #126
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Instead we got a well thought out discussion about the natural order of the world and an actual depiction of 2 clergymen engaging in homosexual acts. If that cannot be considered as progressive then I don't know what is
Yeah, if the church will ever know about this, they won't be pleased .

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-20, 19:54   Link #127
Wandering Soul

This show certainly captured my interest and I am looking forward to what is going to happen next. I can agree with Maria wanting to prevent those types of battles but I can also see where Micheal is coming from.
Old 2015-01-21, 02:40   Link #128
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Definitely the dark horse of the season. I personally thought it was going to be a bad show just because of the English title (I rolled my eyes first time I heard it due to similarity to 'Sabrina the Teenage Witch'), but it's currently second best non-sequel anime of the cour for me. Might be because of the DnD/Ogre Battle/Tactics Ogre fanboy inside of me; I always found the law vs chaos conflict to be much more interesting than good vs evil.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-21, 13:48   Link #129
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

This show is doing a pretty good job at making me hate God and the Angels, lol
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-21, 14:23   Link #130
zero7090

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Yea.
So far it goes that:..................
Maria stops them and tells them to dump them far away.
Only makes sure the mercenaries go to raid another village that isn't under Maria's protection

A bit simplifying it, but essentially, she's just passing the bill, and making sure killing doesn't happen in her backyard.
which is delaying the time of death aka what human medical industry have been doing for the last thousands year.

Pharmacy, medicine in a nut shell is about pushing the bill. Saving those african children with vaccine in turn leads to them growing up and become soldier in the civil wars and kill other people. And let not forget when vets getting back to the war after get their wound treated.
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-21, 17:50   Link #131
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Just realized...

If Maria and Joseph is gonna end up together, their son could be named Jesus.
Old 2015-01-21, 18:01   Link #132
Tenzen12

...that sound pretty intentional
Old 2015-01-21, 18:53   Link #133
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
which is delaying the time of death aka what human medical industry have been doing for the last thousands year.

Pharmacy, medicine in a nut shell is about pushing the bill. Saving those african children with vaccine in turn leads to them growing up and become soldier in the civil wars and kill other people. And let not forget when vets getting back to the war after get their wound treated.
And? That's still human choice.

Micheal pretty much jut called out Maria on her arguments against him though. She's saving these people, and placing herself on the path of justice, when she's just an outsider looking after her garden.
Old 2015-01-22, 01:49   Link #134
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
Just realized...

Oh my, you just blew my mind away. lol
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-22, 04:33   Link #135
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
...that sound pretty intentional
Given the whole mix-up with Maria the Virgin versus Maria the Witch (who just happens to be a virgin herself), something tells me that, if her virginity gets taken by Joseph, this is gonna be the likely scenario.

On that note, what would constitute as taking her virginity in the first place? I think most of us are imagining her actually having sex, but what if kissing a guy is all it takes? If Maria and Joseph were to become a couple (and I consider the chances quite high), she'd better stay on her toes if she wants to hold onto her magic for some time longer.
Old 2015-01-22, 05:03   Link #136
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
Just realized...

Wow. Did not notice that AT ALL. Well, I guess they really pairing these 2? Well, it's been clear like that since episode 1 but still...

Oh god. The church would be SOOO upset if they really name their child Jesus? How about the saints? I would love to be see their face hahaha.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-22, 05:16   Link #137
James Rye

Seems like you guys haven't read the manga, eh?^^
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-22, 05:22   Link #138
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Seems like you guys haven't read the manga, eh?^^
Jesus The Warlock
(Sequel to Maria the Virgin Witch)

But no we haven't. But now we know what to read this weekend
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-22, 10:40   Link #139
Sagitta Luminis
Yousoro~

Wow, I honestly didn't expect this anime to be this good. And to think I almost didn't watch it. Reading the premise I thought it's going to be a risque comedy, which it still kind of is, but also much more.
Old 2015-01-23, 03:51   Link #140
Dahak86
Classics never age

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Tags
philosophy