4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.48%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.48%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.95%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-01-21, 02:17   Link #121
Mentar
Banned

I see no evidence whatsoever that the Grief Seed is Charlotte's and not Mami's. Not at 21:50 nor later. When the barrier collapsed, all surroundings of the girls - including table, cup and Grief Seed - got caught in a bubble and lifted up. So the Grief Seed floating down not only could be the same from the table, it almost certainly is.

So why are people claiming the opposite? Am I missing something?
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 02:18   Link #122
ChronoReverse

Because the grief seed fell onto a different table from where Mami's remains fell onto in the first place (it did land on and break Mami's teacup and saucer).

Plus it looks identical to the one stabbed into the column earlier. And then when the labyrinth collapse and it floated down, it still looks like the original one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post

Someone should have read the signs.
OMG, what's the timestamp for that?

Nvm, found it. Quick flash at 11:59 geez.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 02:25   Link #123
Clarste
Human

The grief seed fell on the same table as Mami's teacup.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 02:26   Link #124
bigdeath

The shocking bluntness of this twist was completely unexpected and unnerving.

I expect Mami to be brought back to life next episode especially since the next episode is titled "There are miracles and magic". I will be quite upset if she stays dead, her unlimited gun works is already legendary.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 02:28   Link #125
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Well, it's a good thing I read spoilers.

Spoiler:
im with random 110%
Old 2011-01-21, 02:28   Link #126
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Because the grief seed fell onto a different table from where Mami's remains fell onto in the first place.
No, it did not. It fell on the same table, we explicitly see it atop the broken cup.

Quote:
Plus it looks identical to the one stabbed into the column earlier. And then when the labyrinth collapse and it floated down, it still looks like the original one.
I see no difference in the animation of the Grief Seeds to conclude that. Besides, even if the Grief Seed outside were a different one, where did the Tea Cup Grief Seed go?
Old 2011-01-21, 02:29   Link #127
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

If they decide to pull her out of the grave, I wouldn't mind, but next episode just feels far too early. At least let the fact of death sink in the characters for a few more before doing it.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 02:34   Link #128
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
If they decide to pull her out of the grave, I wouldn't mind, but next episode just feels far too early. At least let the fact of death sink in the characters for a few more before doing it.
Maybe, but they probably want Madoka to become a mahou shoujo sooner rather than later. The fourth episode is plenty enough time for the main character to not have her powers yet. Besides something that dramatic doesn't need that much time to sink in. Could have a couple days pass within the next episode anyways. Besides if they are going to do it, I'd rather have it done soon. One more thing off my mind .
Old 2011-01-21, 02:37   Link #129
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
No, it did not. It fell on the same table, we explicitly see it atop the broken cup.
Which wasn't where Mami's remains landed. Homura even made a face at the remains to show it wasn't pleasant the way Mami got offed.

Quote:
I see no difference in the animation of the Grief Seeds to conclude that. Besides, even if the Grief Seed outside were a different one, where did the Tea Cup Grief Seed go?
It looks entirely different from the episode 2 witch's Grief seed but looks identical to the episode 3 witch's Grief Seed. Yet you rather believe that Mami happens to have a Grief Seed that looks the same? When we're not even 100% sure that Magical Girl Soul Gems can turn into Grief Seeds at all?

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-01-23 at 07:23. Reason: Changed image codes
Old 2011-01-21, 02:38   Link #130
Clarste
Human

I can definitely see it happening at the end of the next episode. However, not the beginning.

Edit: The teacup is clearly Mami's though. It's a part of her remains, you could say.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 02:39   Link #131
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
I see no evidence whatsoever that the Grief Seed is Charlotte's and not Mami's. Not at 21:50 nor later. When the barrier collapsed, all surroundings of the girls - including table, cup and Grief Seed - got caught in a bubble and lifted up. So the Grief Seed floating down not only could be the same from the table, it almost certainly is.

So why are people claiming the opposite? Am I missing something?
Look inside the cage of the Grief Seed (the one that lands on the tea cup). There's a wrapped candy shape in there, which also appears in the decorations of Charlotte's labyrinth (see the rock they hide behind shortly after Homura gets tied up, the first appearance of the witch's name AFAIK).

Highly unlikely it's Mami's, given that.

EDIT: That shape is also the shape of Charlotte's head in her first form, come to think of it.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 02:57   Link #132
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

...Just when someone said that there will definitely be someone who will die in this series @_@;;;

By the way, is that the enemy's grief seed or Mami's that Homura got at the end?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 03:01   Link #133
ChronoReverse

Scroll up and read the last few posts for the discussion on that very topic.

It did fall into Mami's teacup but it landed apart from her remains and looks identical to the original Grief Seed of Charlotte while looking entirely different from Anthony's.
Old 2011-01-21, 03:06   Link #134
anomono

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
I expect Mami to be brought back to life next episode especially since the next episode is titled "There are miracles and magic". I will be quite upset if she stays dead, her unlimited gun works is already legendary.
Seems like more of a "limited gun works" by comparison.

That aside, that fluffy Qべ creature continues to be ever so creepy.
anomono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 03:09   Link #135
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Did someone mentioned the fact that the OP for this episode was updated?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 03:22   Link #136
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
It did fall into Mami's teacup but it landed apart from her remains and looks identical to the original Grief Seed of Charlotte while looking entirely different from Anthony's.
Frankly, I couldn't care less about the goo/possible remains, Mami's broken cup _is_ her. It is the only clearly recognizable part of her, and you don't consider the fact that the Grief Seed landed on top of it not meaningful? I'd say you're arguing against the obvious here *shrug* ... so far, I'd say both it's possible. At least, it's certainly not "clear".
Old 2011-01-21, 03:27   Link #137
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Spoiler:
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 03:31   Link #138
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Frankly, I couldn't care less about the goo/possible remains, Mami's broken cup _is_ her. It is the only clearly recognizable part of her, and you don't consider the fact that the Grief Seed landed on top of it not meaningful? I'd say you're arguing against the obvious here *shrug* ... so far, I'd say both it's possible. At least, it's certainly not "clear".
I've already mentioned that the icon on top differs from Mami's Soul Gem, and that the cage on this Grief Seed contains a shape seen in Charlotte's decor that is also the shape of her first form's head.

The Grief Seed falling on the broken cup probably symbolizes Charlotte defeating Mami, but it's pretty unlikely to be Mami's.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 03:52   Link #139
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I admit, I was caught completely off guard by this episode. Not that I didn't expect this mahou shoujo to be a little more dark than say Nanoha, but I just didn't expect it to happen THIS soon.

9/10.

Though shaft's choice of animation and art is a bit bothersome for the fight scenes still.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 04:01   Link #140
antigone

terrible terrible episode. day did not even dwell on Mami's death too match. and so fur Madoka is showing she is terrible character
antigone is offline   Reply With Quote