AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-03, 00:17   Link #121
HandofFate

rofl
well, I guess I follow Ro Kyu Bu! for a while.
Depending on how it goes, I might only follow it halfway and just stop randomly because it gets too boring.

I guess the pink-haired girl is the main one of the bunch, but its still weird that the other girls have the standard surgery loli-voices while she has the 'regular anime girl voice'

even elementary school girls do the fondle each other's breast in the shower thing huh?
Old 2011-07-03, 00:23   Link #122
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yes, I for one believe anime's depiction of how girls behave in the shower is probably very realistic.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 00:25   Link #123
Archon_Wing
Did nothing wrong
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
"God, the loli try to being clutch more than LBJ"
Now, now, I'm all for insults, but that's going too far.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 00:28   Link #124
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Show hasn't been subbed or licensed yet right?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 00:29   Link #125
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Show hasn't been subbed or licensed yet right?
Don't know about licensed, but it is definitely subbed.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 00:29   Link #126
brocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Yes, I for one believe anime's depiction of how girls behave in the shower is probably very realistic.
Realisim is definitely one of the shows strong points. I can back this up by stating that I've seen female 6 graders making shots no closer than the 3 point line with ease
The day one of these loli's dunks the ball is the day Ro-Kyu-Bu will become legendary

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 02:41   Link #127
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

god! whats the point in having a preview at the end if they dont even have a preview for the next ep
Old 2011-07-03, 04:39   Link #128
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
Realisim is definitely one of the shows strong points. I can back this up by stating that I've seen female 6 graders making shots no closer than the 3 point line with ease
The day one of these loli's dunks the ball is the day Ro-Kyu-Bu will become legendary
Though I wanna see them dunk, I don't see how they could do it. Airin at 160+ cm? Yeah, right.

Although personally, I prefer seeing them draining 3's than dunking on everybody.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 05:15   Link #129
TrueKnight

....The show’s over sexualzing poor young girls....possible jail bait...just not my cup of tea. Japanese nerd/otaku culture/society never ceases to amaze me.

Liking the main character and his dark-haired friend though (the one’s asking to play street basket). Will watch another ep or two.....Will probably drop it if it stays focus on elementary school kids fan service..ugh...
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 06:47   Link #130
judasmartel
*Author

Now that the roster speculation's been heating up (in MAL at least), how about we update the "unofficial" roster?

Spoiler for UPDATED UNOFFICIAL ROSTER:

So if there's a new roster from the official site, please let us know.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 06:54   Link #131
brocko

^ Indeed, it's a sad sight to behold when I'm forced to troll through the show's lolicon material in hopes for some decent basketball segment

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Though I wanna see them dunk, I don't see how they could do it. Airin at 160+ cm? Yeah, right.

Although personally, I prefer seeing them draining 3's than dunking on everybody.
That dunking and all the other ridiculous things i say, i do say them rather jokingly. Infact, i have a rather hard time believing they'd be able to shoot from the 3 point line at all, or consistently hitting the ring from there anyway But w/e it is what it is and anime logic shan't be trifled with nor questioned lol

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 08:24   Link #132
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:

You have to realized that the basket is shorter and the ball is smaller, right? (It IS elementary school....)
ion475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 08:53   Link #133
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So the girls have a secret to tell Hasegawa about why they really want to play basketball. The boys team obviously want to crush their hope and that's why they are trying to talk to their coach or threaten him. Minato has skill and passion for the sport and just wants to keep it alive. Not bad for a first ep.
Old 2011-07-03, 10:01   Link #134
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Don't know about licensed, but it is definitely subbed.
Yeah, it will be licenced in the west when gay kids stop being lynched in the American South and when adults can talk to children not their own without having the cops called on them.

In other words, when pigs can fucking fly.

Last edited by Yui Is My Wife; 2011-07-03 at 11:00.
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 10:09   Link #135
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
The basketball side of this is pretty well done.

The lessons being taught to these girls are practical basics, and they do reflect how basketball works in the real world.

I also like how one girl is wearing those goggle-esque things over her eyes. That's a good shoutout to the NBA where a few of its players have eyewear like that.

Like Archon and Reck, I'm not a fan of the lolicon fanservice, but if the anime keeps that to a minimum, and the basketball side of things remains strong, then this should be a decent watch. I certainly love the Miami Heat comparisons other folks were making on this thread.

The girls themselves are mostly likable, so that's a big plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
You have to realized that the basket is shorter and the ball is smaller, right? (It IS elementary school....)
That's a good point. Basketball nets are often lowered for elementary school teams.

With that in mind, Airi could conceivably pull off a dunk. In fact, that might be a nice way to help her overcome her insecurities about her height: displaying how her height is an asset on the basketball court.
Old 2011-07-03, 10:58   Link #136
mechdra

If you can read japanese or understand google translation, do go to the japanese wiki. There are tons of information about each character and the element of the story. This anime is actually more complicated than it seems.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 15:29   Link #137
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I had to check this first episode out just to see what the basketball to ecchi ratio was and well.....it's about what I would have expected. I can honestly say that for just about any aspect of the show really. Just what I would have expected.

The opening? I said before the episode started, "I bet this is one of those upbeat eroge style openings with their names all displayed prominently in various colored hues and I bet the some is by somebody like Kotoko or Euphonius". Of course it ended up being Kotoko and the opening was about as creative as expected. As in virtually identical to any eroge style opening out there.

The characters? Pretty much limited to exactly the archetypes you'd expect looking at the designs. The short pink haired one is kind of cutesy, but determined, the long pink haired one is the moeblob, the long blue-haired one is cool and sassy for the most part, the one with the fang is the mischievous energetic one and the taller brown haired one with large breasts is...SURPRISE....insecure cause she's tall and has large breasts for her age. All quite cookie cutter....as expected. There's even one of those girls that the main dude lives with that looks about the same age as his loli basketball harem but is....get this...actually older than he is....at least I think. All I know is she's seen driving and he isn't so.....

Even the music is the standard bleep and bloops you get in these kinds of shows and the jokes....nothing that hasn't been in a show like this a hundred times over.

I swear whenever you get a show that looks like Ro-Kyu-Bu! it'll always have all the same material pretty much. The only thing that could possibly set this apart from it's brethren is the basketball premise, which as you can expect plays second fiddle to everything else mentioned above.

Cat ears, maid outfits, shower time breast fondling....name any moe/ecchi anime cliche and it's probably prominently on display in the first episode. Nothing I haven't seen before....literally. I figure it's fair to drop this one before we get to the episode about the hot springs or the one where they all go shopping together. Especially considering that the manner in which the episode leaves off in no way makes me interested in catching the follow up.

It may seem like I'm ragging hard on this show, and I am, but I'm more trying to point out that it literally doesn't deviate from the moe anime formula even in the slightest. Production values are okay I guess....anyway let that be your compass as to whether this is worth checking out folks. If you can't get enough of the moe anime formula than this show is honest to god perfect for you and I strongly recommend it....just don't go into this expecting much in the way of basketball early on if you were at all expecting that sort of thing in the first place.

P.S: The only real highlight of the episode for me (part I took extra notice of) was when they all get into a basketball themed chat room with chibi versions of themselves. Again something that happens in these shows all the time, but for some reason it always gets a chuckle or two out of me.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 17:16   Link #138
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Heh - licensed by Sentai Filmworks. Lordy...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 18:01   Link #139
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Heh - licensed by Sentai Filmworks. Lordy...
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...oups-garous-ef

Indeed!

At least they got other stuff that's more worthwhile.
Old 2011-07-03, 18:13   Link #140
flying ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...oups-garous-ef

Indeed!

At least they got other stuff that's more worthwhile.

is this the rebranded ADV company from few years ago?

did they acquire this show through bundle? buy one show and you get two for free?

and also, how are they gonna market this without ending up looking too creepy?
flying ^ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basketball, ecchi, loli