AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-25, 00:48   Link #121
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls716 View Post
Yuma and Yusei did not turn evil in the series.
I wonder how the writers handle Yuya?
Incorrect on the former, albeit it was because of 96, he did turn into Dark ZEXAL for a bit.
Old 2014-04-27, 13:42   Link #122
Marina2

Ep.4

Wow, Yuya, your duel is totally entertaining.
Old 2014-04-27, 17:10   Link #123
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

Out of all the protagonists so far. Yuuya has the best dueling style of them all. His duel is so interesting. It's really like a show.
Also that Sora, there's something fishy about him. Too strong for a kid. What did he mean by "You're the most interesting person I've met since I came to this side"? Does that mean he's from another world or something?
Old 2014-04-27, 17:55   Link #124
rladls716

Max cola power, Dark Zexal was Astral.
At that time because of Hope Ray V's Barian power, Astral was consumed by darkness.
Yuma was just forced to combined with unstable Astral.
While in Dark Zexal form, Yuma tried his best to bring Astral back to normal deep inside.
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 21:31   Link #125
Eclipze

I like how nobody in the episode commented on how Yuuya suddenly has 2 more Pendulum cards in his deck (the scorpion and frog). I guess Yuuya is like a Pendulum Factory or something.

An improvement over ep3, at least he didn't fall further into despair after realizing Pendulum wasn't an exclusive thing for him.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 22:22   Link #126
Wandering Soul

So far Yuya is already becoming more likable than Yuma. I like how flashy and over the top his duels are. I just hope he doesn't that thing where he acts like he is talking to a crowd for every major duel he wins.
Old 2014-04-28, 22:59   Link #127
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
I like how nobody in the episode commented on how Yuuya suddenly has 2 more Pendulum cards in his deck (the scorpion and frog). I guess Yuuya is like a Pendulum Factory or something.

An improvement over ep3, at least he didn't fall further into despair after realizing Pendulum wasn't an exclusive thing for him.
Not like it's the first time such things have happened (suddenly pulling cards never seen before, or even unique ones). After all, look at some of the things Yusei and Yuma pulled out, lol.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 23:20   Link #128
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Not like it's the first time such things have happened (suddenly pulling cards never seen before, or even unique ones). After all, look at some of the things Yusei and Yuma pulled out, lol.
See, the problem here is that the "Kaiba" of the show is after his Pendulum cards, yet makes no effort in getting the Odd Eyes Pendulum Dragon, nor does he take notice of the Scorpion/Frog Pendulum cards, since they SHOULD all be of interest similar to the two that they tried to steal. I mean, not even Yuuya is surprised he has a 4th and 5th Pendulum card!
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 23:25   Link #129
hamazura
whatever

very long time since i watch last yugioh.... yugi vs atem
and now i tried to watch this. no more dark story, no more strategy, no more tactic. lets special summon and miracle action card every turn! and flashy battle. typical child show. i had no idea yugioh series has downgraded so much...
Old 2014-04-28, 23:55   Link #130
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
and now i tried to watch this. no more dark story, no more strategy, no more tactic. lets special summon and miracle action card every turn! and flashy battle. typical child show. i had no idea yugioh series has downgraded so much...
All Yu-gi-oh series so far (beside original) are not "serious" at the begining. The plot and game strategy will get deeper as the show goes on.

BTW, If you like original Yu-gi-oh!, you might want to try Yu-Gi-Oh 5D'S.
Old 2014-04-29, 00:48   Link #131
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
Way late to the party.

They perfected that formula since 5D's and it only got worse as the series went on. ZeXal also ended up falling down that path too.

Spam Special Summon 2-3 monsters, maybe 1 with a Magic or Trap Card within the first 1-2 turns, then Synchro or Xyz Summon a Synchro or Xyz Monster, then it becomes a whole "Duel" between the protagonists Synchro(s) or Xyz(s) and the opponent's with maybe 1-2 "themed" or miscellaneous "support" cards thrown in as well as situational m/t that really have no place in the whole series EXCEPT that one Duel they're used in.
Old 2014-04-29, 10:36   Link #132
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Lol, I'm not sure if I'm growing old/tired of Yu-Gi-Oh!, but I just couldn't take episode 4 very seriously. Like, I liked the finale with Yuya winning the game and doing his "entertainer act" and what not, the music in particular was really good, but the actual duel...

He's in a pinch, creates a sort of lock with Block Spider and sets two. That's fine. But then next turn Sawatari, who he has never dueled before and knows nothing about his deck, breaks the strategy by using a card that already had a very specific requirement -- negating the effect of two face-up spell cards on the field. How Yuya managed to avoid the first attack was alright, it's a pretty basic Quick Spell defensive card, but what comes later... nope, lol.

He says he's waiting for it and then there's this card that just PERFECTLY fits the situation he's in. Damage negation, targetting TWO CARDS WITH NEGATED EFFECTS FACE-UP ON THE FIELD and adding them to his hand... come on, lol. I usually think it's funny/cool when "heart of the cards" and drawing just the last combo piece you're missing, but this one went far beyond any suspension of disbelief that I could have had and actually ruined the whole duel for me up to that point.
Old 2014-04-29, 14:36   Link #133
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
Lol, I'm not sure if I'm growing old/tired of Yu-Gi-Oh!, but I just couldn't take episode 4 very seriously. Like, I liked the finale with Yuya winning the game and doing his "entertainer act" and what not, the music in particular was really good, but the actual duel...

He's in a pinch, creates a sort of lock with Block Spider and sets two. That's fine. But then next turn Sawatari, who he has never dueled before and knows nothing about his deck, breaks the strategy by using a card that already had a very specific requirement -- negating the effect of two face-up spell cards on the field. How Yuya managed to avoid the first attack was alright, it's a pretty basic Quick Spell defensive card, but what comes later... nope, lol.

He says he's waiting for it and then there's this card that just PERFECTLY fits the situation he's in. Damage negation, targetting TWO CARDS WITH NEGATED EFFECTS FACE-UP ON THE FIELD and adding them to his hand... come on, lol. I usually think it's funny/cool when "heart of the cards" and drawing just the last combo piece you're missing, but this one went far beyond any suspension of disbelief that I could have had and actually ruined the whole duel for me up to that point.
Again, it must be getting tired of the same formula as much of 5D's and later ZeXal were/became really notorious (to me at least) for such things; uber situational cards that so PERFECTLY fit the situation that otherwise would've wrecked the protagonist, and then that card(s) usually NEVER being seen ever again because that card really would have absolutely NO use in any other Duel except that one Duel.
Old 2014-04-30, 05:39   Link #134
Esclair

The card that Sawatari used, Cricket Close, must be one of the worst cards I've ever seen. I'm not even sure why they'd print such a card except because they needed a card for the show in this situation.

A normal card would just allow you to negate any one of your opponent's magic effects for a turn, but this card requires you to negate 2 of your own in addition. It's the complete opposite of card advantage.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 06:37   Link #135
Marina2

I think Cricket Close is pretty good card.

It may design to use with Pendulum cards that used as "Pendulum scale" like how Sawatari used in this ep. Think about it, you performed Pendulum summon, then use Cricket Close to negate opponent' effect as a safety measure, then let your summoned monsters attack.
Old 2014-04-30, 12:48   Link #136
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I think Cricket Close is pretty good card.

It may design to use with Pendulum cards that used as "Pendulum scale" like how Sawatari used in this ep. Think about it, you performed Pendulum summon, then use Cricket Close to negate opponent' effect as a safety measure, then let your summoned monsters attack.
Negating your own magic card effect is a drawback. In this case, Sawatari had to negate both of his Pendulum Magicians to negate ONE of Yuuya's magic effects. Throw in the loss of the card itself Sawatari is essentially losing 3 cards to deal with ONE of Yuuya's card. We've seen plenty of cards in Yu-Gi-Oh that straight up destroys magic cards effects without having such a horrible drawback. They only reason they made this card is so that Yuuya can use his really niche card to steal back his 2 magicians.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 13:06   Link #137
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
The card that Sawatari used, Cricket Close, must be one of the worst cards I've ever seen. I'm not even sure why they'd print such a card except because they needed a card for the show in this situation.

A normal card would just allow you to negate any one of your opponent's magic effects for a turn, but this card requires you to negate 2 of your own in addition. It's the complete opposite of card advantage.
It's bad, but I think 5D's and ZeXal had more than their fair share of such uber-situational cards too.

I mean, look at Yusei and Stay Force, for example.

Stay Force
Continuous Trap
You can pay 1000 Life Points to negate the effect of 1 monster you control that would return itself from the field to the Extra Deck during the End Phase, this turn only.

...absolutely NO use for him outside of Savior Star Dragon in order and only in order to use it as a glorified wall monster against Team Ragnarok.
Old 2014-04-30, 20:13   Link #138
noctis_lucis

I have to say that I don't like Yuya's cards they're kind of too ridiculous I know it's the concept of entertaiment... However, I didn't like Yusei's card at the beginning (Junk monsters) but well Yusei was so good that with the time I didn't mind it. I hope Yuya becomes a great duelist too.
Old 2014-04-30, 21:26   Link #139
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noctis_lucis View Post
I have to say that I don't like Yuya's cards they're kind of too ridiculous I know it's the concept of entertaiment... However, I didn't like Yusei's card at the beginning (Junk monsters) but well Yusei was so good that with the time I didn't mind it. I hope Yuya becomes a great duelist too.
He's already shown to be better than Yuma was at the start of ZeXal, lol.
Old 2014-05-01, 04:18   Link #140
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
He's already shown to be better than Yuma was at the start of ZeXal, lol.
That's not saying much Fact is the only main duelist in the Yugioh series who was shown to be really good through the first 4 episodes is Yusei but eventually they all lose big time.
Sure the others had wins over big opponents but most of them were luck early on Yuuma was shown to be utter crap as a duelist early. Jaden wasn't bad but he wasn't good either. Yugi was lucky to beat kaiba and really I have a hard time believing that was Yugi dueling for most of that series.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote