AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-10-06, 13:31   Link #121
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvo269 View Post
He's Beta in the sense he has 7 of his ancestors bickering berween each other anytime he's interacting with the girls and he just gets confused. When Mr. Lyle comes out though. Turns into total lady killer
I don't think he's beta exactly... I think Lyle's case is a bit more complicated than yes or no.

In one sense, he's someone that's convinced himself that he's beta. He's capable, he gets things done, he's talented. But, in another sense he's still a little beta because he's not that confident in himself. He doesn't exactly make moves on his women. At least he's not very forward with them. Though, that's probably for the best.

So, Lyle is more of a coming of age character, someone that starts off feeling incapable and beta that gradually grows into a king. Or something analogous to that.

I'm only referring to Lyle of the current translated chapters, btw.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-06, 16:12   Link #122
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by casgoldsmith View Post
is the mc a beta?
It's a bit more complicated than a simple yes or no. Throughout the story, Lyle will refer to how he would be happier only having one wife, and that desire only gets stronger as the series goes on because Sevens women are fucking scary.
Spoiler for :
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-06, 19:29   Link #123
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
It's a bit more complicated than a simple yes or no. Throughout the story, Lyle will refer to how he would be happier only having one wife, and that desire only gets stronger as the series goes on because Sevens women are fucking scary.
Spoiler for :
Spoiler for Novem:
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-06, 20:47   Link #124
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Breaker 2.0 View Post
Spoiler for Novem:
Spoiler for :

Last edited by sasuke706; 2015-10-06 at 21:36.
Old 2015-10-07, 00:45   Link #125
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Spoiler:
amatsunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-08, 11:29   Link #126
sasuke706

Oh god, harem hell is real.
Spoiler for :
Old 2015-10-08, 11:37   Link #127
NWJY
Newbei Enter

WHt Shannon as the legal wife is still okay but the rest is LEADING TO HEll
wht happening????? poor Lyle
NWJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-08, 12:44   Link #128
polat15

Can't he just change local system about marriges and make everyone 1st wife and give the fistborn son everything what he owns after death ?
polat15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-08, 13:08   Link #129
sasuke706

The problem is getting the harem girls to behave. There's no point trying to change rules because if they don't consent to it, it'll just create problems. It doesn't help that the biggest time bombs are leaders of countries.

And trying to make all the wives equal status would be unproductive. The problem is getting them to not screw each other over, and in the case of someone comes seeking government affair management with the person with the next highest political power (possibly due to Lyle not being available), that would naturally be the empress. Basically the person who can speak on behalf of the Emperor. Now the issue is, if they all have equal standings and other wives don't agree with the method the woman who happened to get chosen to help deal with whatever issue it might be, it would just create needless conflict and never get anything solved. That's why there's a necessity to place one in a higher position than the others, and it also helps lessen the chances of a succession crisis when it inevitably comes to it, because the firstborn son isn't necessarily going to be someone acceptable (like a half-elf son or Qilin is kind of out of the question, or nobles having trouble accepting the child of a commoner woman). And sadly just picking any of them to be this won't stop some of these scheming women from trying to gain the upperhand through various means.

If it was simple, Lyle wouldn't be worrying over it.
Old 2015-10-08, 13:17   Link #130
Corvo269

Quote:
Originally Posted by polat15 View Post
Can't he just change local system about marriges and make everyone 1st wife and give the fistborn son everything what he owns after death ?
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Listen... A king who has his own harem met only the harem members Lyle has once and he instantly realized how badly fucked Lyle is... That king's skill might as well be Harem management since all his wives are satisfied with the king
Corvo269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-08, 18:11   Link #131
ColdEmperor

aria proposed to leave the harem? but did lyle allow it?
ColdEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-08, 18:54   Link #132
sasuke706

No. He challenged her to a fight again and said that since she lost, she's his. Just like an exemplary barbarian would.
Old 2015-10-08, 22:02   Link #133
obnuchious

why not just make a tournament thingie on the harem ... whoever wins will be the legal wife ... of course, the tournament has to have some sort of restrictions to possibly even out the playing field for all contenders . . .

also, something about the world of Sevens . . . . .

why do I get the feeling that the ancients who made the automatons are otakus???

Last edited by obnuchious; 2015-10-08 at 23:25.
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 03:05   Link #134
Corvo269

Quote:
Originally Posted by obnuchious View Post
why do I get the feeling that the ancients who made the automatons are otakus???
Is there any reason NOT TO get that feeling???
Corvo269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-13, 00:38   Link #135
HandofFate

Started reading this, guess its the common logic of the world, but I feel people in this story don't react enough.

Like skills are a thing, and its a kind of rule you don't ask what other people's skills are or throw your info around. So whenever anything unexpected happens, everyone just goes "oh guess its a skill"

Like when Lyle unlocked All, to allow his party members to use his skills to speed up/overlimit or whatever. I thought even as a skill, it be really unique.
But NONE of the characters react or comment on it.
Other than one line much later with damien. But when he first uses it or the time after, no one says anything about it.
Old 2015-10-13, 06:27   Link #136
obnuchious

regarding the civilization of Sevens . . . . . . my take on this is; this is still our Earth after our Super Civilization had died thousand of years later . . . something like Turn A Gundam . . .
Old 2015-10-13, 07:01   Link #137
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by obnuchious View Post
regarding the civilization of Sevens . . . . . . my take on this is; this is still our Earth after our Super Civilization had died thousand of years later . . . something like Turn A Gundam . . .
Probably like Turn A Gundam (Otaku android )
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-13, 08:09   Link #138
Yoraikun
Inlitify OA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Started reading this, guess its the common logic of the world, but I feel people in this story don't react enough.

Like skills are a thing, and its a kind of rule you don't ask what other people's skills are or throw your info around. So whenever anything unexpected happens, everyone just goes "oh guess its a skill"

Like when Lyle unlocked All, to allow his party members to use his skills to speed up/overlimit or whatever. I thought even as a skill, it be really unique.
But NONE of the characters react or comment on it.
Other than one line much later with damien. But when he first uses it or the time after, no one says anything about it.
Sevens has a lot of empty time. If you didn't notice, there are large gaps of space between many chapters, and not all processes are described. It's implied that he did give a description of most if not all of his Skills to his party member before you saw him use that. I also get the feeling people would be overreacting on something like, 'He didn't tell them, and yet he expected them to use them in the midst of battle!?' if he didn't.
Yoraikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-14, 05:28   Link #139
obnuchious

^ not to mention it would be a better read to let it happen off screen
Old 2015-10-15, 06:52   Link #140
denfac
Ruler of the Sheepeople

The world of sevens kinda seens like a game-like world, but from that world inhabitants perspective.
Kinda like shield hero seen by someone apart from the four heros and others otherworlders, like, the world is kinda gamey but still real enough
So otaku robots? of course there are they are obviously the otherworlders creations, who LOVE ridiculous personalities, nothing against it.
"This can, of course, apply to Elite Mooks other than ninjas. Vampires are particularly susceptible to Conservation Of Ninjutsu, as are werewolves, alien monsters, Special Forces commandos and Super-Powered Robot Meter Maids."
denfac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ancestors, battle royale harem, fantasy, goddesses, gods, harem, kyle-san, mr. lyle the best, poyopoyo forever, reverse rape, snusnu, true harem, unlimited yandere harem, webnovel, yandere on parade