Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2015-11-15, 16:54   Link #121
Archon_Wing
Did nothing wrong
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
That's just disgusting and pure opportunistic political posturing. But I expect no less from the GOP.

It's like burning down a house to rid a mouse infestation. And this is exactly what the radicals want-- they want reasons for hate to grow.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 17:08   Link #122
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot

I just heard from the news 10 French aircraft dropped 20 bombs this night near Raqqa (the ISIS "capital", iirc).
Der Langrisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 20:41   Link #123
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Police Nationale is on the lookout for a POI after he was initially questioned since his brother was involved in the attacks. He's said to be armed and dangerous.

Investigation on the fake passports revealed the name of an actual refugee used. The EC commissioner in the G20 summit has emphasized not to mix the terrorists with genuine refugees.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2015-11-16 at 00:01.
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 23:02   Link #124
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Langrisser View Post
I just heard from the news 10 French aircraft dropped 20 bombs this night near Raqqa (the ISIS "capital", iirc).
That's not the ISIS "capital". Mosul (in Iraq) would be the place to raze if there was any "capital" worth such a title.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 00:01   Link #125
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Tokyo has posted anti-riot squads at the French Embasssy to prevent any attack on it, which I doubt will happen due to the strict laws and penalties.

----
Among the groups that condemned the terror attacks in Paris include Hamas, Islamic Jihad and the Jaysh al-Islam.

Assad released a statement that said French policies in the ME with regards to the civil war in Syria resulted in the attacks. He also took the time to criticize countries that backed anti-Assad factions except ISIS.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2015-11-16, 01:13   Link #126
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Assad released a statement that said French policies in the ME with regards to the civil war in Syria resulted in the attacks. He also took the time to criticize countries that backed anti-Assad factions except ISIS.
With all due respect, Assad is a c*** for releasing that statement. One day, his head will be on a chopping block and nobody will weep for him.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 04:59   Link #127
lateumn

Russia - 100 bombs per day on frontlines, in cooperation with Syrian and Iranian ground forces to implement a cohesive military strategy on retaking Syrian territory.
France - 20 bombs in random desert behind frontlines with no ground strategy, this will show ISIS! We'll kill them with our utter ludicrious display of complete impotence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
With all due respect, Assad is a c*** for releasing that statement. One day, his head will be on a chopping block and nobody will weep for him.
Assad isn't wrong though. This reminds me of:

In a 1998 interview to the Le Nouvel Observateur, when asked whether providing support to future terrorist groups in Afghanistan was a reasonable idea, the former US national security advisor, Zbigniew Brzezinski, responded: "What is most important to the history of the world? The Taliban or the collapse of the Soviet empire? Some stirred-up Moslems or the liberation of Central Europe and the end of the cold war?"

^ this kind of mentality is repeatedly displayed by USA/UK/France even after the cold war ended. Examples: today's Libya, Syria.

Moslems are scary and ebil, but we'll keep giving them weapons because democracy and giving them international diplomatic cover because democracy.
Oh, and as a cherry on top, let's also let thousands of them flood into Europe because 'shared European values'.

Is Assad wrong in his statement? Not even the slightest.

Last edited by lateumn; 2015-11-16 at 05:27.
lateumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 11:40   Link #128
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

ISIS Threatens Russia

When please. I need to start making popcorn!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 14:03   Link #129
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
ISIS Threatens Russia

When please. I need to start making popcorn!
Remember that school and the theater? Russian gov just dont give a fuck.

EDIT: one of the suicide bombers have been identified. He was a bus driver, in a bus line that passed by my hometown and I have regularly taken. Currently trying to let it sink in my mind.

Last edited by Sheba; 2015-11-16 at 14:30.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 14:39   Link #130
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Well, this is unnerving.

Link to (Belgian) French news article

One of the two attacker brothers, Brahim Abdeslam, owned a pub (actually a cannabis coffee shop in disguise) in Molenbeek-Saint-Jean...which I actually walked in front of a couple times these past few months. Heck, I even once noticed the curious smell wafting out of that establishment.

So that's what they call "too close to home for comfort".
Old 2015-11-16, 15:07   Link #131
Draco Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Well, this is unnerving.

Link to (Belgian) French news article

One of the two attacker brothers, Brahim Abdeslam, owned a pub (actually a cannabis coffee shop in disguise) in Molenbeek-Saint-Jean...which I actually walked in front of a couple times these past few months. Heck, I even once noticed the curious smell wafting out of that establishment.

So that's what they call "too close to home for comfort".
Pretty much more proof that IS is anything but Islamic, I'm not sure of the exact dogmatic source, but aren't Muslins suppose to avoid things like drugs because they pollute the body or something like that?
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 15:49   Link #132
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Remember that school and the theater? Russian gov just dont give a fuck.

EDIT: one of the suicide bombers have been identified. He was a bus driver, in a bus line that passed by my hometown and I have regularly taken. Currently trying to let it sink in my mind.
They do give a fuck - when it comes to making a statement. Those nuts brought in thermobaric weapons and a tank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
Pretty much more proof that IS is anything but Islamic, I'm not sure of the exact dogmatic source, but aren't Muslins suppose to avoid things like drugs because they pollute the body or something like that?
Same reasoning why they are allowed to grow opium in Afghanistan. "The Kafirs consume it, not us.".

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 18:23   Link #133
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Same reasoning why they are allowed to grow opium in Afghanistan. "The Kafirs consume it, not us.".
Draco Spirit is right. Proper muslims won’t consume drugs or alcohol or make a business out of them (unless it’s for medical purposes). The ones who grew and own opium farms in Afghanistan for illegal business are no different from drug-dealers in any other countries who don’t give a shit about religion or morals in general.

And ISIS members do free-sex (even rape), drink, and some of them even likes to get high (aside from their penchant to threat, torture and kill others not aligned with their teachings). You can’t be furthest from Islam than that. It’s like a monk who like to rape girls and still call himself a follower of Buddha’s teachings. You know how absurd that sounds?
Old 2015-11-16, 19:50   Link #134
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Massive raids by Belgian police missed a major suspect.

Also, ISIS announced that all countries involved in the coalition, big or small, are now fair game. They don't care if you're contributing money or combat forces.

Old 2015-11-17, 00:44   Link #135
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I thought ISIS attack on France was a strange move, especially considering how now they will have to fight against all fronts. But listening to the broadcast from Thom Hartman, and I started to realise that, maybe ISIS and AL Qaeda have been winning more than we thought.

The video link below, but basically sum up, he quoted an interview of Bin laden way back before 9/11, and one from an ISIS magazine. And their thought was on how they want to destroy Western democracy. But not by invading US or ruling the Western society with forces, as that is unthinkable with their capacity. But by creating an environment where the freedom in Western democracy can no longer properly function as it should (due to terrorism threat). And that the Western society/ value will be too toxic toward Muslims that they have no options (or have more incentives) to turn away from Western democracy and back toward (radical) Islam.

And that really do sound like what we are heading toward atm.

Old 2015-11-17, 04:34   Link #136
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot

Another airstrike last night from the Armée de l'Air, 10 fighters dropped 16 bombs on ISIS "capital", Raqqa.
Old 2015-11-17, 05:02   Link #137
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
France will have eventually to step up the game if it wants to play a bigger part. The question is whether the French public opinion is truly ready.

EDIT:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...-paris-attacks

Can you imagine being at a place where a terrorist attack took place and knowing that a relative is another place where another attack is occuring too?

Last edited by Sheba; 2015-11-17 at 05:24.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 18:40   Link #138
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateumn View Post
Russia - 100 bombs per day on frontlines, in cooperation with Syrian and Iranian ground forces to implement a cohesive military strategy on retaking Syrian territory.
France - 20 bombs in random desert behind frontlines with no ground strategy, this will show ISIS! We'll kill them with our utter ludicrious display of complete impotence!
I wonder how many of these 100 bombs are actually aimed at rebel forces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
You could make the argument that this kinda attack would be harder to pull off in some states due to gun laws. For example in Florida it seems about 1 in 20 people are permitted to carry guns around, so if you attack a concert with 100 people...you'd have to consider that at least a few of them are armed. That does increase the difficulty quite a bit.

Yes, there are bombs and suicide vests, but those are very difficult to produce, and generally inflict way less damage than the terrorists in Paris did with simple small arms, which are relatively easy to acquire.

Although...it just means that if I was a terrorist in Florida, I'd just choose a target like a school where people don't carry guns.
Is there a reason to bring a gun to a concert? I can understand that having a loaded gun at home if nothing else gives you some feeling of security but taking it outside for casual activities just seems absolute madness to me.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 23:53   Link #139
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I wonder how many of these 100 bombs are actually aimed at rebel forces.
I don't know how many bombs it actually hit, but even US Department of State spokesman had to backtrack after (accidentally or not) saying that the Russian targeting civilian infrastructure. So if even the US can't say otherwise, I will say all 100 were aimed at rebel forces

(the clip with the US Department of State were at the end)
Old 2015-11-18, 02:58   Link #140
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot

R.A.I.D. intervention at Saint-Denis, two terrorists dead, among them, one woman activating her explosive vest.

edit: there's at least three people under arrest, possibly the head of the Paris attacks among them.