AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2019-12-17, 07:46   Link #121
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

@DragonOsaman Stella's Arcana is Star and Neith Carnac is the Chariot Arcana.
Old 2019-12-17, 08:33   Link #122
XFire
150% done

So far so good. The MC is still a bit generic but has shown some signs of developing a spine. Had really been hoping that his reason for shooting down Stella's offer was going to be the demon king-esque "no, she's mine" instead of the nice guy "I dont want to disappoint her", but he still stood up for himself. The guy is no Issei or Kazuki in terms of strong characterization, but hopefully he can break the mold a bit more.

The girls are great. Lizell is my favorite so far, though that may just be a lack of time with the others. She's got a nice balance of elegant and cute, and gets flustered surprisingly and humorously often. Miyabi showed some hints of depth I hope they go into more in the next volume. Reina is a cute

Fights have been pretty one note so far, though the author does at least try to shake things up by using the Chekov's Gun planted early in the volume to defeat the bad guy. Considering his power ultimately seems to be "can use every normal spell at high power" hopefully we can get some variation later on rather than just spamming magic shots at each other.

My only real complaint so far is that the bad guy taken down in the first volume is the supposed strongest of the Arcana. Soooo.....where's the remaining tension here? Isnt everyone else going to be screwed as Yuuto gets stronger if he already beat the strongest guy 1 v 1? I feel like there should have been more build up to the World as an antagonist.

Overall, definitely willing to give the next volume a shot. We'll see where this goes.
Old 2019-12-17, 08:34   Link #123
Sakamaki Izayoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
I got done reading the first Volume yesterday and liked it. I like all three of the main girls, especially Lizel. Miyabi and Reina are good too but I like Lizel more. Hopefully it'll be a True Harem. I wished they Lizel and Yuuto had managed to kiss in that scene in the bath instead of being interrupted.

Stella and the Demon King candidate of the Chariot Arcana seem interesting. It's not cool that Stella offered to help him against Aspite in exchange for making Lizel her card, though. I get that she's really sought-after as a card, but that was dirty. Of course he didn't accept. I don't remember what Stella's Arcana is or the Chariot girl's name though. Feels bad man.

Would be great if there's sex in this series. I don't care if it's shown or not, but still. And a kiss with Miyabi, Lizel and Reina (not together of course), initiated by Yuuto, would also be great. One where it's felt by both girls that he loves them.

The fights in this series are good. I also liked how he defeated Aspite by completing the world destroying magic. Interesting that he used it to destroy Aspite's "world", though. Also interesting that it's a failed magic since it can't really destroy the world.

And I like Geld. I was kind of surprised that he helped Yuuto, though. Lol@ him being a tsundere.

According to the Volume 1 Afterword, the manga was already being planned and will be out soon, but it may have a separate story from the LN if I understood correctly. Whether that's true or not, I'll still read the manga.

Anyway, yeah, I like it so far and I'm looking forward to the second Volume. I like the cover for it and the fact that it'll be focusing mainly on Miyabi.

I'm also looking forward to seeing what other cards he'll get. And I wonder if any of the people still alive from Aspite's cards will join Yuuto.
Seems like the release date for the manga will be talked in the afterword of volume 2 from what Kuji said on twitter, and regarding sex....I'm almost 100% sure that it's gonna happen, it happened in Masou Gakuen Hybrid x Heart and it also happened in Ecstas Online, can't see why it wouldn't happen in Maou Gakuen, Kuji loves to write a nice sex scene by the end of all of his series lol

On another note, seems like Kuji may release a new series next year, nothing truly confirmed though(but knowing him, that's most likely true xD)
Old 2019-12-17, 09:16   Link #124
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
My only real complaint so far is that the bad guy taken down in the first volume is the supposed strongest of the Arcana. Soooo.....where's the remaining tension here? Isnt everyone else going to be screwed as Yuuto gets stronger if he already beat the strongest guy 1 v 1? I feel like there should have been more build up to the World as an antagonist.
Well, Stella offered to beat him to death so there are probably other candidates on his level or higher. Yuuto beat him with world destruction magic that countered his World Arcana.Yuuto right now despite beating Aspite is still lacking experience and still fainting from mana overuse so I'd be OK with it if he struggles against other candidates with different abilities/fighting style.
Old 2019-12-17, 09:28   Link #125
DragonOsman
Dragon King

^This. To add: I don't think Aspite was the strongest candidate. Sure, he had the strongest Arcana, but I don't think that's everything.

The thing with Yuuto isn't just that he can make even a simple formula/spell extremely powerful--although he definitely can do that--but also that he can learn and instantly use perfectly well even the most complicated of spells on the spot. The Lovers' Arcana truly loves him greatly.

And I think it's natural you'd faint from overuse of mana. It's just that Yuuto uses up too much mana very often. I do wonder if he has his own mana now or if he still needs to be supplied it by the girls all the time. Stella seemed to imply he does have his own mana now, but does he? And I hope he continues to get stronger.

@Sakamaki: I hope you're right.

Last edited by DragonOsman; 2019-12-17 at 10:43.
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-17, 11:09   Link #126
jagt

Quote:
^This. To add: I don't think Aspite was the strongest candidate. Sure, he had the strongest Arcana, but I don't think that's everything.

The thing with Yuuto isn't just that he can make even a simple formula/spell extremely powerful--although he definitely can do that--but also that he can learn and instantly use perfectly well even the most complicated of spells on the spot. The Lovers' Arcana truly loves him greatly.

And I think it's natural you'd faint from overuse of mana. It's just that Yuuto uses up too much mana very often. I do wonder if he has his own mana now or if he still needs to be supplied it by the girls all the time. Stella seemed to imply he does have his own mana now, but does he? And I hope he continues to get stronger.

@Sakamaki: I hope you're right.
Yuuto right now seems to be going through the typical process of using his mana until being completely dry again and again in order to expand his mana pool, in the first chapter he fainted with just two spells but later he becomes able of using much more, it's not like he doesn't have a mana pool himself so he needs to use his cards as bateries.
Old 2019-12-17, 12:45   Link #127
XFire
150% done

Speaking of the girls, I want to actually see them fight. They were apparently so powerful that the rest of the arcana keep trying to scout them, but I dont think they actually fought on screen at all. Miyabi and Reina just off-screened like ten other cards, why didn't we get to see that?
Old 2019-12-18, 11:57   Link #128
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, I also want to see them fight. Lizel was scouted to be Queen of the World Arcana, so I especially want to see her going all out.

@jagt: Are you saying that he does have his own mana pool but that it's still growing so that he needs to use his cards as batteries?

I've been wondering. Since Yuuto's Arcana is Lovers, is he going to have to get all female cards? I don't know if he'll also get a King card (depends on whether or not the one who has the Arcana card is considered the King; I'm still not clear on that), but if he does then that may mean he'll get a female card as his King.
Old 2019-12-18, 12:22   Link #129
jagt

Quote:
Yeah, I also want to see them fight. Lizel was scouted to be Queen of the World Arcana, so I especially want to see her going all out.

@jagt: Are you saying that he does have his own mana pool but that it's still growing so that he needs to use his cards as batteries?

I've been wondering. Since Yuuto's Arcana is Lovers, is he going to have to get all female cards? I don't know if he'll also get a King card (depends on whether or not the one who has the Arcana card is considered the King; I'm still not clear on that), but if he does then that may mean he'll get a female card as his King.
Yes, exactly like that, they make him to use magic until he runs out of mana, then they give him their own mana so he can continue the training, I have the impression that at the time of fighting against someone like Geld, Kilga and Haida they left him to do it alone on purpose so he can continue to grow accostumed to his powers, that they treated it as a part of making Yuuto to grow up.

I think all of his cards will be girls, even more with all of the characteristic magic of his arcana requiring to do lewd thing for activating, I don't think the name of card will be an obstacle for that, Reina's card is the knight but she's a girl too.
Old 2019-12-18, 13:16   Link #130
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yuuto does seem to have his own mana pool as well now too, unlike when he started out. Stella said he has his own mana. So now the girls are chargers for his batteries while also being his harem.

I don't think a knight absolutely has to be a man, though. But yeah, looking at the characteristics of the Lovers Arcana and how his powers work, most likely his cards will all be girls. It's going to be his harem.
Old 2019-12-18, 22:14   Link #131
Sakamaki Izayoi

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

"Yuuto, who is selected as the next demon king candidate while being a human, pulls out the true power of the “lover” Arcana “Infinite Love” and wins against the devil king candidate of the “world”. Yuuto who trains and relies on Lizel and Miaybi to increase his magical power in preparation for the next battle. However, things gradually escalated !? Under such circumstances, the school festival will be held with the thought of the principal Barbatos. The other demon king candidates seemed to be in a temporary cease-fire, and the “devil” Arcana, Ibiza Mitsuishi, appears to be disturbing. He somehow is obsessed with Miyabi and tries to rob her of something important. Miyabi is gradually chased out!-!? Yuuto challenges the sneaky "devil" who plays with his friends!"

Synopsis of volume 2.

Last edited by Sakamaki Izayoi; 2019-12-18 at 22:54.
Sakamaki Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-19, 06:42   Link #132
DragonOsman
Dragon King

So first it was someone trying to recruit Lizel by force, and now it's someone obsessed with Miyabi. I wonder if the "something important" he'll try to rob her of is her virginity. That seems to be the likeliest from the context, but forgive me for my dirty mind for what it's worth nonetheless.

Anyway, thanks for the synopsis. It seems interesting although I truly don't like that the there's someone giving Miyabi that kind of trouble. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Yuuto's training and also to the school festival, though, too.

That being said, I do find it interesting that the current Maou is chummy with Yuuto. It's mainly because he's such a huge otaku, but I still can't help but wonder if he does also look down him for being a human.
Old 2019-12-19, 12:17   Link #133
XFire
150% done

"Sneaky" Devil, huh. Maybe this next guy is the kind that avoids head on confrontations?
Old 2019-12-20, 07:16   Link #134
Sakamaki Izayoi

A couple of volume two's illustrations, a thanks to Kiyoe for that.

NSFW

NSFW

NSFW

Also, a quick reminder that a new translated chapter of Ecstas came out a couple hours ago.

Last edited by Sakamaki Izayoi; 2019-12-20 at 07:40.
Sakamaki Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-20, 11:14   Link #135
XFire
150% done

We're not going to be doing the NTR-threat every volume, are we?
Old 2019-12-20, 11:16   Link #136
DragonOsman
Dragon King

That colored illustration where the new enemy Maou candidate has a red chain on Miyabi makes me mad at that new character. I want him to get beaten up soon.

I wonder what the context is for that colored illustration where Stella and Neith (if that's her) are dressed up as cheerleaders.

And I love the NSFW sample illustration of Lizel.

I wonder if it's possible for any of the female Maou candidates to be in Yuuto's harem. What do you guys think about that? I'm thinking most, if not all, of the candidates will be enemies but I do wonder if some of the female ones won't be at least allies instead (even though it seems unlikely). Stella for example is acting like an ally. Or at least she seems to be.

@XFire: Now that you mention it, yeah.....if that's the case, I can only hope none of the NTR attempts succeeds. Of course, it'd be great if not every Volume is that.
Old 2019-12-20, 15:18   Link #137
Sakamaki Izayoi

Trial reading is out in bookwalker.

https://viewer-trial.bookwalker.jp/0...62d28be0&cty=0
Old 2019-12-27, 06:55   Link #138
Sakamaki Izayoi

So, Kuji is releasing a new series? He said that it will be published by fantasia Bunko, name seems to be Tensei Maou No Juliet and the artist is Miyama Rei(DxD's artist to those who don't know).
Old 2019-12-27, 08:29   Link #139
Hakai

Inb4 Miyama starts doing 10+ illustration for that

While DxD still keeps getting 3-4 as usual
Old 2019-12-27, 16:44   Link #140
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Another new series aside from this one?

@Dragon Sin: DxD and Shin, illustration count-wise, might actually be cursed. Many of the other works Miyama is doing illustrations for have more in each Volume than DxD and Shin right now.

Tags
action, arcana, axed, bakapervert, demons, ecchi., fake harem, harem, hentai artist, nbr imouto, romance, supernatural