Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-04-23, 10:30   Link #121
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Her hoodie boobs were okay I guess but those aren't the kind of boobs you tune in for every week. It takes a special kind of tits to carry a show; good thick thighs are much more of an exotic rarity.
Akane thighs >>>> Rikka's
Old 2021-04-23, 11:24   Link #122
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

A nice episode. I loved “something beam” and the coughing. Story does seem to be playing out maybe just a bit slowly... Seems we were a bit further along with SSSS.Gridman by this point. Still, I had fun, and if it picks up by the halfway point, I’ll be fine.
Old 2021-04-23, 11:47   Link #123
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragashingo View Post
A nice episode. I loved “something beam” and the coughing. Story does seem to be playing out maybe just a bit slowly... Seems we were a bit further along with SSSS.Gridman by this point. Still, I had fun, and if it picks up by the halfway point, I’ll be fine.
We still haven't seen Dyna Soldier's combination with Dyna Striker yet.
Old 2021-04-23, 11:59   Link #124
zztop

Official Dynazenon art, featuring Yume, from Megami magazine.
Spoiler for Megami scan:

Also some Dynazenon-related fanarts from Japan :

Yomogi & Gauma (Eps 1-2) : https://twitter.com/dynominom/status...028225/photo/1

Divine punishment for eating those riverside crabs : https://twitter.com/dynominom/status...876102/photo/2

Mujina : https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/88948718
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-23, 12:37   Link #125
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Official Dynazenon art, featuring Yume, from Megami magazine.
Spoiler for Megami scan:

Also some Dynazenon-related fanarts from Japan :

Yomogi & Gauma (Eps 1-2) : https://twitter.com/dynominom/status...028225/photo/1

Divine punishment for eating those riverside crabs : https://twitter.com/dynominom/status...876102/photo/2

Mujina : https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/88948718
Absolutely gorgeous .

Can't wait for Mujina and Chise art .
Old 2021-04-23, 12:48   Link #126
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

What a nice & fun episode.

Chise got her "Sayla Mass"-moment where she tried to pilot the MC's mech but failed (coz no training & no experience). But thankfully her failure didn't result in severe damage to Dyna Soldier.

Yomogi piloting & shouting fighting moves while coughing is a nice touch. In fact, the "sick Yomogi"-subplot is one of many things that we often wonders about combining Super Robot shows: what would it look like if one of the pilots is sick (like having a fever etc instead of just physical injury) while piloting? Well, now Dynazeon has answered that question hilariously .

Also, when I saw the kaiju has a chainsaw-belly, it sure reminded me of Gigan, one of Godzilla's nemeses:

Old 2021-04-23, 12:56   Link #127
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Akane thighs >>>> Rikka's
Akane had like twig legs though...

Chise was gaming with a neGcon which was kind of a weird throwback. How she couldn't then pilot Dyna Soldier is beyond me, but it seems like she's going to be an alternate if nothing else.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-23, 13:09   Link #128
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
What a nice & fun episode.

Chise got her "Sayla Mass"-moment where she tried to pilot the MC's mech but failed (coz no training & no experience). But thankfully her failure didn't result in severe damage to Dyna Soldier.
And she was so hyped to do it, like she'd been preparing herself this whole time to do it .
Old 2021-04-23, 18:43   Link #129
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I don't know what was more hilarious, Yomogi coughing through the epic Dynazenon combining lines or Yume doing "something beam" because she doesn't know the name of the attacks like Gauma does .
I'm pretty sure Gauma just makes up the names of the attacks. Yume just tried to follow suit.

I'm finding Yume to be an extremely endearing character. And I've just realized that the plotline with her sister is extremely similar to Touko's in Bloom into You.
Old 2021-04-23, 19:51   Link #130
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm pretty sure Gauma just makes up the names of the attacks. Yume just tried to follow suit.
That would be even more hilarious to think he has those prepared ahead of time or just instantly came up with them on the fly .
Old 2021-04-23, 20:10   Link #131
Wandering Soul

Chise finally got to pilot a mech only to fail badly. I guess that's a lesson that not all video game skills are transferable. If she joins their training, she could become a back up pilot.

I love how Yume just goes along with Gauma's naming sense in her own way. Yomogi coughing throughout the entire thing was a nice touch.
Old 2021-04-24, 00:28   Link #132
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Props to Chise that she did her best. Yomogi without any training didn't really do much at all either. Only so much one can do when trying to transfer game skills and watching others train. She could be a solid backup pilot if some time is put into her training on the various machines.

It is an interesting question raised in this episode. Can just about anyone can pilot Dynazenon? Did it have to be this bunch or could they grab anyone off the street? I guess we'll find out eventually.

My apologies to Yume, but her being sick was rather cute . But that's kind of status quo for her.

I'm really liking the dynamic with Yume and Yomogi to this point. No question he's falling hard, but there is something the other way too. At the very least is being thrown out there by her friend that something or someone has sparked a change in her. Though suppose you can give major credit to this whole situation.
Old 2021-04-24, 03:32   Link #133
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

2021 is a bad year to have your MC wear a mask incorrectly. It was all I could think of. (And of course Yume caught it. No masks to speak of, small enclosed space...)

What happened, Japan? You guys are supposed to be champs at this.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-24, 07:28   Link #134
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It is an interesting question raised in this episode. Can just about anyone can pilot Dynazenon? Did it have to be this bunch or could they grab anyone off the street? I guess we'll find out eventually.
I thought he was more lamenting that everyone kind of sucks at piloting Dyna Soldier...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
2021 is a bad year to have your MC wear a mask incorrectly. It was all I could think of. (And of course Yume caught it. No masks to speak of, small enclosed space...)
It takes anime a few years to catch up... just like how flip phones were still common in anime for years and years.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-24, 09:08   Link #135
zztop

Some viewers have noticed that Dynazenon's been reusing a lot of background layouts and assets from SSSS Gridman (with slight differences here and there).
https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1...487993860?s=20
https://i.imgur.com/hZX3BTV.png

Either Trigger is messing with viewers by putting in Gridman-related visual easter eggs, they are recycling backgrounds to save time/money, or they're setting up some kind of in-universe connection with SSSS Gridman that has yet to be explained.

What do you think?

Also, voice drama Ep 4.4 makes for a nice bookend to Ep 4's ending, where Yomogi goes to visit a sick Yume and she opens up more to him (esp. re. her family).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9NKg6Fom9s

https://barnnn.blogspot.com/2021/04/...pisode-44.html

Last edited by zztop; 2021-04-24 at 09:48.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-24, 15:41   Link #136
Decel

I still think Yomogi will replace Gauma. I don't think it's a coincidence that Gauma is shocked that Yomogi just managed to summon Dyna Soldier and asking that question.

I do miss the Gridman combinations. Dynazenon is always forming into the same 3 combinations so far. But I am spoiled as it's only ep 4
Old 2021-04-24, 16:53   Link #137
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
I still think Yomogi will replace Gauma. I don't think it's a coincidence that Gauma is shocked that Yomogi just managed to summon Dyna Soldier and asking that question.

I do miss the Gridman combinations. Dynazenon is always forming into the same 3 combinations so far. But I am spoiled as it's only ep 4
I think we're due to see Dyna Soldier and Dyna Striker's combination that looks like Max Gridman (maybe it'll come from a Koyomi-focused episode).

I'm curious if we'll get a mid-season upgrade for Dynazenon, although I feel like they would have indicated as such unless it's where Chise comes in with those red eyes in silhouette in the Opening.
Old 2021-04-28, 01:29   Link #138
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Posting this here just becoz

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2021-04-28, 08:39   Link #139
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Posting this here just becoz

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I hope we see that mass rising sequence in the show at some point...
Old 2021-04-28, 16:14   Link #140
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-21 at 08:42.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, tokusatsu