AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-05-14, 10:20   Link #121
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Good old autocorrect turning Yamada into Yamaha.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-14, 10:21   Link #122
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Especially when you consider at this point in the story she and Ichi are 13.
Girls don't grow much after menarche. At 13, menstruation should be pretty common throughout the girls in school. My daughter started at ten. She didn't grow much after that herself.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-14, 11:28   Link #123
Frontier

Somehow I expect she'll always be taller than Ichikawa .
Old 2023-05-14, 18:05   Link #124
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Somehow I expect she'll always be taller than Ichikawa .
She's already 6 inches taller than the average adult woman in Japan, and right at the average height for an adult man. You've seen Ichi's mom and big sis (dad will show up eventually), and based on that it seems like a pretty good guess.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-20, 13:30   Link #125
Frontier

Yamada needs her lap pillow! But her boobs are off limits! As is most of her body, as she happy to demonstrate in illustrated form, complete with cute face, because that's how Yamada rolls. And Ichikawa is memorizing it for research purposes, of course .

Yamada doesn't care for Chi getting in-between her and Ichikawa's library time, or having Ichikawa actually personally tutor her...although Chi also gives away that Yamada talks about him a lot with her, so there's that! And Chi gets to see a new side to Ichikawa, the side that Yamada always sees and cherishes .

Is Adachi's mom a gyaru? She kind of looks it. Kind of reminds me of Bakugo's mom .

Yamada's mom looks like her with shorter hair and bigger boobs (good looks run in the family, apparently). She seems like a pretty strict and proper woman, in stark contrast to her daughter, although I love how Ichikawa's mom took her scoldings seriously too .

Just the look on Yamada's face when she thinks she's met Ichikawa's mom and the joy at realizing it actually is his mom and they're bonding! Sheer embarrassment on Ichikawa's part, but Yamada's enjoying the heck out of it! Nothing beats meeting the mom of your crush and actually getting along with her !

I see Yamada was not prepared for some intimate Ichikawa ASMR in her ear. So much so that she had to re-draw her picture for no reason other than to point out how the ears are off-limits now .

The God of Romcoms leads to an encounter in the rain between Ichikawa and Yamada, and Ichikawa can't help but make sure Yamada has something she left behind (and something very private for a young woman), when he didn't have to. But the fact that he did means a lot to Yamada .

Ah yes, dreaming of Titan Yamada and imagining Ichikawa as the Titan with Yamada being tiny. Probably a lot to unpack there .

Not only did Yamada visit Ichikawa when he stayed home from school sick, but she even gets invited in! And sits on his couch! And helps him into bed when he collapses from exhaustion! Not to mention Ichikawa just naturally falling into her chest as she embraces him. Wow .

I don't know what's better, Yamada checking in on Ichikawa again and freaking out in joy when she sees his mom and finds out he's coming back to school...or just waiting for him on the way there so she could make sure to see him again. Sure Yamada might have a cold now too, but I'd say she's just as lovesick .
Old 2023-05-20, 16:09   Link #126
grecefar

I loved this chapter, the best for now.

Ichikawa's mother is so adorable and yamada taking care of him was the best.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-20, 17:18   Link #127
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

A few minor changes and shuffling but this adaptation is really killing it so far. Yamada's mom is cool but hopefully we'll get to her dad this season as well.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-20, 18:07   Link #128
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It’s all GOAT from here to the current chapter. May we get to see it all adapted.
Old 2023-05-20, 18:20   Link #129
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The whole segment in the rain seemed incredibly stupid considering Ichikawa had a hood. JUST WEAR THE FUCKING HOOD! Of course doing that would have meant no cold and thus no faceful of Yamada boobs. Not like he seemed to remember much.

Yamada's reactions were by far the ones that were the most interesting to watch this week. So many cute moments it's hard to pick. She was absolutely adorable the entire episode.
Old 2023-05-20, 19:02   Link #130
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The whole segment in the rain seemed incredibly stupid considering Ichikawa had a hood. JUST WEAR THE FUCKING HOOD! Of course doing that would have meant no cold and thus no faceful of Yamada boobs. Not like he seemed to remember much.
Actually for once anime logic doesn't necessarily apply; Norio made a point of showing us that something was going around and Chii had already gotten sick. Riding around in the rain probably didn't help though. More importantly though riding a bike with a hood is kinda dangerous.
Old 2023-05-20, 19:37   Link #131
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Heh, seems like hardly any new viewers noticed Norio's subtle visual storytelling cue this week. Anna, so naughty...
Old 2023-05-20, 19:54   Link #132
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Heh, seems like hardly any new viewers noticed Norio's subtle visual storytelling cue this week. Anna, so naughty...
You mean how his pants changed when he woke up ?
Old 2023-05-20, 20:19   Link #133
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yup.
Old 2023-05-20, 21:26   Link #134
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
These two are just great. Getting so many good moments. And Yamada is turning into a true blush factory. Not without reason though considering this episode!
Old 2023-05-21, 03:04   Link #135
scififan

Quote:

I see Yamada was not prepared for some intimate Ichikawa ASMR in her ear. So much so that she had to re-draw her picture for no reason other than to point out how the ears are off-limits now .
Quote:
The God of Romcoms leads to an encounter in the rain between Ichikawa and Yamada, and Ichikawa can't help but make sure Yamada has something she left behind (and something very private for a young woman), when he didn't have to. But the fact that he did means a lot to Yamada .
It is when Yamada using NIOWASE 匂わせ technique. It is a Japanese culture joke. A crafty women public denies a relationship, bu she uses blog post to show she is having a relationship with someone. The photo displays the second dish or the presence of someone else gives out the hints. For Yamada, she holds two items. Kyotaro has the thought of NIOWASE when he sees the photo, but he quickly dismiss it as her big appetite. It would be embarrassing if she knows it.
Spoiler:

Quote:
I don't know what's better, Yamada checking in on Ichikawa again and freaking out in joy when she sees his mom and finds out he's coming back to school...or just waiting for him on the way there so she could make sure to see him again. Sure Yamada might have a cold now too, but I'd say she's just as lovesick .
Yamada catches cold right after she visits Kyotaro. Kyotaro's first thought is she actually get cold. It is another cultural joke. The joke was derived from the saying that a fool doesn't get cold because the fool doesn't feel it until the next season(馬鹿は風邪を引かない). Although Yamada acts like a bimbo, it would hurt her if she learns Kyotaro thinks she is an idiot. On the other hand, Yamada acting foolish may be her intention, especially she learns from Japanese entertainment industry. To make people think a crafty girl is cute, she may act childish.

Last edited by scififan; 2023-05-21 at 03:14.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-21, 03:16   Link #136
kuroyanagi

What sets out this series against other 'quirky girlfriend'-type shows is that the female gaze is REALLY strong here, I think. Ichikawa looking at the pads and going straight to "Yamada probably needs this" without sidetracking into a variety of typical hormonal teen-y thought loops is a prime example It's interesting to see where the show allows itself the fanservice and where it doesn't.

And Ichikawa has such a sweet mom. No wonder he turned out the way he is.
Old 2023-05-21, 03:20   Link #137
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I kept wondering if the hood was an animation goof up or if Japanese highschool kids thinks hoods on jackets are just a fashion statement and you're not supposed to use them.
Old 2023-05-21, 03:55   Link #138
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

A cloth hood on a sweatshirt is not going to offer much protection from the rain. In fact once it gets soaked it'd probably make it worse. Also, junior high school.

Anyway, it was the flu - Chi probably gave it to him - which is why he got so sick. I think the whole rain thing - while it didn't help him - was only to give Anna a pretext to blame herself.
Old 2023-05-21, 13:20   Link #139
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroyanagi View Post
What sets out this series against other 'quirky girlfriend'-type shows is that the female gaze is REALLY strong here, I think. Ichikawa looking at the pads and going straight to "Yamada probably needs this" without sidetracking into a variety of typical hormonal teen-y thought loops is a prime example It's interesting to see where the show allows itself the fanservice and where it doesn't.
I kind of like to think of this series as the complete opposite of Rent-a-Girlfriend -- if Ichikawa was Kazuya we would have had an entire episode of watching him freak out and having NTR fantasies and god knows what else before the punchline that it was for her mom.

I wouldn't call this a "quirky girlfriend" series at all though, if it were it would have been called "Yamada-san Just Wants to Snack!" or something and 90% of the series would take place in the library. Though... if you did want something more gimmicky like that there's a ton of Twitter extras that are just Ichikawa and Yamada hanging out in the library playing word games and such.
Old 2023-05-21, 13:38   Link #140
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I kind of like to think of this series as the complete opposite of Rent-a-Girlfriend -- if Ichikawa was Kazuya we would have had an entire episode of watching him freak out and having NTR fantasies and god knows what else before the punchline that it was for her mom.

I wouldn't call this a "quirky girlfriend" series at all though, if it were it would have been called "Yamada-san Just Wants to Snack!" or something and 90% of the series would take place in the library. Though... if you did want something more gimmicky like that there's a ton of Twitter extras that are just Ichikawa and Yamada hanging out in the library playing word games and such.
I think Yamada is very quirky but it doesn't define her 100% or her relationship with Ichikawa, it's just what it is...she has a quirky personality .

Tags
comedy, slice of life