AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-02, 19:27   Link #121
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Well, I am not saying I dislike Sasuke but I can understand why people do. I mean, he thinks higher of himself then others, like he is better then them, even when he isnt. Also, as of recently (in manga) he has been acting kind of out of character. I mean...I guess why some people have been tending to dislike him.
Old 2003-12-02, 19:45   Link #122
Elysium
できるから。。。

Send a message via AIM to Elysium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka no desu ka?
Does Naruto's slightly idealistic ambition make you hate him? As for Sasuke, I would hate any person who would, without thinking of the consequences, run off and deliver himself to an obviously evil person with full intention to harm his home village if it stands in the way of his goal to learn every technique for the sake of gaining power for himself. Avengers are something I dislike, since they try to act against bloodshed with...more bloodshed. It's violent and irrational, and I despise that. I'm not saying I'd like those who would sit around crying forever, but I can appreciate someone who would be able to move on from such a situation, let their relatives rest in peace, and try to calm themselves overall. I'll concede most of Hunter's technical points, but look at 8.69.09 (volume.chapter.page) about the curse seal.
I agree with most of what you said, as well as seeing where Hunter's coming from. I, too, am not particularly fond of avengers, but heck, it's their life, not mine. I DO, however, REALLY criticize an avenger who doesn't DO anything about it. Look at Rock Lee, for example. When he's constantly beaten by Neji and the like, he cries, loses faith in himself, etc etc, but he just takes all of that and pours it into an attempt to not let it happen again. Every defeat makes Lee stronger. Not so with Sasuke. Every one of HIS defeats just makes him more introverted and depressed. If, for example...

Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-02, 19:55   Link #123
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium
No no, I don't hate Sasuke because "he's doomed." I hate him because of his lack of foresight to SEE that he's ultimately doomed. So often I've watched people in anime, read about people in books (Anna Karenina comes to mind) where one of the main characters doesn't think through his actions to the end, and consequently end up doing something very stupid. Sasuke, I'm afraid, falls into that category. A good ninja is supposed to be able to work for a goal and to see far into the future, weighing all the consequences, etc etc. Sasuke didn't stop to do that.
If it's really your main reason, you must hate Naruto pretty hard.
But I don't think it's the case.
Just a wild guess.

Quote:
Uh, no, I just reviewed the whole manga again, and unless I'm missing some horribly large gap in the manga (in which I'll agree with you that he's not THAT lazy), the only two REAL places he trained at were with Naruto and the tree, and later on on the cliff with Kakashi.

Spoiler:
Well re-review the whole manga again ^^

Spoiler:

Quote:
So why did you say that he's not lazy? Because you like him. That's all.
No, because no where in the manga nor the anime you can see Sasuke being lazy, not even one time.
And because in the other hand you can see him train many time like I pointed.

Quote:
See, what really ticks me off about Sasuke is that he's got so much angst, so much rage in him towards Itachi, that if he'd just pour all of it into training 24/7 and NOT sitting around just thinking about it, he would have accomplished SO much more and gotten SO much closer towards his goal of vengeance.
So all that is just wrong, Sasuke is an incredibly strong Ninja, he train hard to become stronger than his brother and he already trained hard for this goal before Itachi kill all their clan and family.
But to become stronger than itachi isn't easy.

Quote:
If he had thought over what he would have done after he killed Itachi, I would like him a lot more. Believe me, he looks and sounds very cool, I'd love to like him as a character, but as he is, there's not much for me to like. He's COMPLETELY consumed with killing his brother to the extent that he's willing to put (arguably) his best friend's life at risk for the sake of a false reassurance that he's a good fighter. Why not just train instead of challenging people out of an inferiority complex?
I don't discute that, it's true.

Quote:
Lastly, he doesn't exactly fall under the definition of the word "ninja," either. Translated, it means "a person who bears the pain." He doesn't exactly bear the pain, more like just cries to himself and does very little to improve his situation.
Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-02, 20:06   Link #124
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor

i wonder what kind of response a "How can you not like Sakura" thread would get?
Old 2003-12-02, 20:13   Link #125
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-02, 20:54   Link #126
Rune~Grey
Token Crusade Fan

Sasuke is, at least in my view, on par with Naruto for how much I like him - he's designed to be Naruto's foil for the series. His entire work ethic is completely different from what Naruto wants to accomplish - Sasuke wants revenge, but he wants to be able to accomplish it as soon as possible and in one shot, and not put as much word as possible into what he is trying to do.

Spoiler:

So while I think Sasuke is arrogant, I also think that his arrogance has been badly shaken, and that he's grasping at straws. And that's not enough reason for me to hate him - I'm very interested in seeing what happens with him next, and if he'll manage to rise again to be who he was before the Chunnin exam, or if he'll become completely evil or something.
Old 2003-12-02, 21:54   Link #127
foob
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
It's a selfish goal, but it's Sasuke's way. He'll only be happy if he kills Itachi. Or Naruto or Kakashi could show to him revenge would lead into nothing (and that's what going to happen, I think).
Nah I think the author will let Sasuke learn the emptiness of revenge by one day letting him kill his brother... but that sounds so far away now... Right now I don't see anybody convincing him to do otherwise. He will most likely never give up on revenge. Even after all the bonding between Sasuke, Sakura and Naruto during the Zabuza episodes, he does not seem to have a different outlook on life.

Of course it is interesting to see him as a dark avenger persona.

-----

monir, I was just babbling some bullshit
Old 2003-12-02, 22:31   Link #128
EliteJounin

Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
i dont get how you ppl quoting without a quote button but newayz.....someone wayyy before said the curse seal is controlling Sasuke more than sasuke is controlling it and that Sasuke doesnt kno how to get rid of it. Apparently you are not a manga reader.

Spoiler:

Damn, im good. I should become a lawyer.
Yes... but you cant compare a person who has already read the manga and watched the anime with one who hasnt read the manga because you already know what happens to Sasuke. Maybe the people who just watch the anime get the information all from the anime. So, that means that up to the current episodes... they base their theory on the information given in the anime.

Also... you might re-think becoming a lawyer. You've been proven wrong by Hunter.
Old 2003-12-03, 00:54   Link #129
Hybrid
props to uzi626

wow... i don't post for a month and look how the forum turns O_o a Sasuke supporting thread *feels semi-significant" jp

neways... i don't see reason to reply because as people say you either like him or you don't and i happen to not like him... i almost began liking him after zabuza... but then he got too cocky for me -_-

owell can't we just get along by changing the name of this thread to "How can you hate Shika thread"

the answer?? IT'S NOT POSSIBLE
Old 2003-12-03, 03:33   Link #130
AzNCuTy1111@hotmail.
ONi-KAge

ell how can u not like Sasuke?

Hes one of the main chars...

and the clincher: The AWESOME stuff he pulled in episode 30(dragon fire nojutsu) and how he broke the sound nins arms sooper uberly!:fingers:

muwahahahahah!
Old 2003-12-03, 03:33   Link #131
Uzumaki626
-=GIF Sennin=-

Send a message via MSN to Uzumaki626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid
wow... i don't post for a month and look how the forum turns O_o a Sasuke supporting thread *feels semi-significant" jp

neways... i don't see reason to reply because as people say you either like him or you don't and i happen to not like him... i almost began liking him after zabuza... but then he got too cocky for me -_-

owell can't we just get along by changing the name of this thread to "How can you hate Shika thread"

the answer?? IT'S NOT POSSIBLE
exactly! "How can you hate Shika?" ..... is pretty much a one-way street. you cant!
Old 2003-12-03, 08:13   Link #132
TheGreatYakoshi
The Baka Mangaka Returns!

Hey, welcome back, Hybrid. I was wondering why I hadn't seen that avatar in so long.

Oh, right... *pases Monir a jumbo tub o' corn*

God, this is hilarious. So far, the only one capable of putting up a good resistance against the onslaught of Sasgay-hatingness is Hunter-sama. Of course, that's to be expected. But you can't keep it up forever! You will eventually succumb to the ways of the Anti-Sasuke Syndicate!

Wait...A-S-S...ack, nevermind.
Old 2003-12-03, 13:22   Link #133
gruvy_qc
(: Ecchi guy :)

There'S one episode where I liked Sasuke. It's when they have tree climbing training. I like the vomiting Sasuke. That's the only time.....almost. He has some good fight, but the character is such a badass....ps: Welcome back hybrid.
Old 2003-12-03, 14:37   Link #134
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Grey
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:

So while I think Sasuke is arrogant, I also think that his arrogance has been badly shaken, and that he's grasping at straws. And that's not enough reason for me to hate him - I'm very interested in seeing what happens with him next, and if he'll manage to rise again to be who he was before the Chunnin exam, or if he'll become completely evil or something.
In the other hand, I fully agree with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatYakoshi
God, this is hilarious. So far, the only one capable of putting up a good resistance against the onslaught of Sasgay-hatingness is Hunter-sama. Of course, that's to be expected. But you can't keep it up forever! You will eventually succumb to the ways of the Anti-Sasuke Syndicate!
Never give up!

Give me a 'How can you not like Pylonkura?' thread, I'm hot to defend her

Well... Maybe not, there is limits.
Old 2003-12-03, 15:06   Link #135
gruvy_qc
(: Ecchi guy :)

I think Sasuke will become evil and, at the end, he will see what he has done and return to the good side and kick the big bad guy ass with everybody else who is still alive.
Old 2003-12-03, 15:18   Link #136
ApoLLon
yondaime is da spirit!!!

well well, i dont think sasuke is the bad guy, he just choosed the wrong way, well i dont think something will in happen to sasuke in a short or medium while, and then we ll love him again :P this is how a japan story goes! oh man is this a spoiler ?_?
Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-03, 16:10   Link #137
Lee-pimp
A.S.S. Vice President

well well hunter-sama is keeping up the defence while the threads creator it seems has abandoned it greatyakoshi the strenght of the A.S.S. is to stong
Old 2003-12-03, 16:22   Link #138
monir
cho~ kakkoii

haha, ASS or Anti Sasuke Syndicate? Allright, what one need to do get enrolled into this exclusive club? Also, can the club member favor Kabuto? Where do I get the application? Will there be a club mascot? I would personally prefer triumph as the club mascott...What say you TheGreatYakoshi? Should the madness begin on your whim, more like adding it to it?
Old 2003-12-04, 01:57   Link #139
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:

Agreed. Mainly I can't stand the Sasuke haters who only hate him because of arrogance or they are bandwagon jumpers. If you hate arrogance then why aren't you hating half the characters in the series. Hating Sasuke because of his own little arrogance is as stupid as hating Rock Lee for his appearance.

BTW, the weekend is coming up so I'll have some time to help you hunter kick some ass. I mean A.S.S.

Old 2003-12-04, 02:20   Link #140
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Send a message via AIM to NaOH Send a message via Yahoo to NaOH
Quote:
Originally Posted by foob
Nah I think the author will let Sasuke learn the emptiness of revenge by one day letting him kill his brother... but that sounds so far away now... Right now I don't see anybody convincing him to do otherwise. He will most likely never give up on revenge. Even after all the bonding between Sasuke, Sakura and Naruto during the Zabuza episodes, he does not seem to have a different outlook on life.

Of course it is interesting to see him as a dark avenger persona.

-----

monir, I was just babbling some bullshit

that one point of view. (most ppl say that)

but arn't u forgetting something?

oro gave sasuke the curse seal.

oro said sasuke "will have to seek him for power" (look at it like a hack to varify sasuk's programming"

sasuke is basically doing wat he was program to do...find oro

now u might say that he has will over the seal.

but, it was also said, that if he use it too much,it willt ake over his mind. (he used it once to break tat sound nin's arm, it came in and out druing the remaining 2nd exam, it came out during his crappy fight against the chakra sucker, used it against garra, used it on the 4 sound nin's. THAT is A LOT of tapping into the evil power.

it rotted his mind, he wants oro now.

the counter-evil seal that kakashi gave him is useless...like putting a sticker on a gun's hole

(aside: oro = MJ, and sasuke is around 12? does tat mean hes gonna get rape?!)
Closed Thread