AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: How would your rate this week's episode?
* 1 0.64%
** 1 0.64%
*** 14 8.92%
**** 51 32.48%
***** 90 57.32%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-26, 18:05   Link #121
Diodati
The very united ACROSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchDragon
She has the most revealing robe alright, but she's not that busty, even Shizuru is bustier than her, and we know Mai and Haruka are even bustier than Shizuru.

Plus if the robe is an important part of a Meister's defense, then she doesn't seem to be capable of taking a lot of hits.
I was actually being a little tongue-in-cheek, as nothing else sprang to mind about her. I didn't actually compare her to Shizuru and Haruka, although I do disagree a bit - the latter two probably appear more buxom than they really are - I'll account that specifically down to their materialising robes. It's almost as though they must be wearing incredible amounts of underwiring to have their breasts positioned like that - because the shaping does look very, um, 'lifted' and unphysically rounded over. Shizuru looks 'very' busty in her GEM-robe - but less so outside it (although packing a perfectly endowed set I must admit) - perhaps the metal armour is what does it - (I can't believe I'm analysing this so much) - which this other Otome doesn't seem to have much of I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
I thought that position was held by Haruka.
Of course of course, this Otome has deluded herself as being #1.

How I've lowered the subject matter. I think I'll go away and let people take the discussion somewhere else....

Quote:
But I didn't think she cared enough for Garderobe to intervene when the school is at risk, rather than her friends.
I see what you mean. Hmm well perhaps if the opposition are so clearly endangering to her friends or just general lives then she'll overlook any inconsistant feeligns she may with Garderobe.
Old 2006-01-26, 18:22   Link #122
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
I see what you mean. Hmm well perhaps if the opposition are so clearly endangering to her friends or just general lives then she'll overlook any inconsistant feeligns she may with Garderobe.
Or maybe the Pillar wages are sky-high?
Old 2006-01-26, 18:32   Link #123
imperialmog

Send a message via AIM to imperialmog Send a message via Yahoo to imperialmog
Why is it with this information that I get the feeling that Nao might bite the dust.
Old 2006-01-26, 18:34   Link #124
AssistantArinkoBully

Quote:
Or maybe the Pillar wages are sky-high?
That or they large and excessive bribes from numerous different sources for various reasons
Old 2006-01-26, 18:35   Link #125
piccolo
Anime Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccolo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieli
Part of me thinks Nagi already knows about Arika and Sergay's involvement with her education. He might be probing Sergay's loyalties a bit, just to see how far he'd go.
I agree with Kieli in that Nagi already knows of Sergey's supporting Arika. The irony is that Sergey's actual involvement in this financial support could make Nagi suspicious, as it might be conceived by Nagi that the North Hound is at work in seducing 'the Queen.' This is, naturally, dependant upon the fact if Nagi knows that Sergey originally supported Arika because he thought she was Rena's daughter. Nagi may know nothing of Sergey's infatuation with Rena.

I would agree entirely with the theory that to avoid drawing attention to the idea that Arika is Queen (for Sergey now falsely believes it), Sergey must behave as he always has:
  • He must support her financially
  • He must pretend she's Rena's daughter
  • He must never let it slip that she might be the Queen
  • He must never let Arika fall in love with him again

The good news for Arika is that Nagi is no longer interested in the Queen as he used to be. His interest now also lies in finding those who can operate the Harmonium. And as I think he is already aware that Mashiro and Arika did it the first time, he also is aware that a third person is needed. But what does he know about the requirements that we don't? Will he ever figure out that Nina, Arika, and Mashiro all know different stanzas to the same lullaby?

Spoiler:
Nagi already knows Sergey is doing "something" because he hints at it in ep10 (?) and warns sergey not to betray him. In any case, Nagi will get suspicious the minute Arika whips out her meister robe in public. That is assuming Nagi doesnt already know about the possibility that Arika & Mashiro made a contract. We dont know if Sergey told him of his suspicions. But even Nina realized it w/o Sergey telling her so....

Nagi knows the riddle about the Harmonium. The Player, The Singer, and the Protector. Smith was with him when he mentioned it right? Although he doesnt know what it means so he may not make the connection.

Spoiler:
Naturally, but I wonder if he knows more than was mentioned. In addition, Nagi also asked Smith to look for the real princess. The way Smith smiled made me wonder whether or not he came to the same erroneous conclusion as Sergey. This is a stupid move on Nagi as he's making himself vulnerable by showing Smith that he doesn't either trust Sergey, or thinks that Sergey is capable of fulfilling such a simple task. Or he's letting Smith know that patience isn't one of his best virtues.

In regards to Souten no Seigyoku's statement about the contract/Meister GEM:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchDragon
I don't think Nina would realize it on her own if Sergay hadn't suggested the possibility to her. Even the other students didn't seem to realize it, they all thought Arika simply lost her Coral gem.

Unless Nagi is indeed psychic, he shouldn't know about Arika's contract.
Or if John Smith told him that one of Schwarts' agents went missing after going after the 2 girls under the Fuuka castle.

But if Nagi is also familiar with Windbloom's incident 15 years ago, then he should know that there's only 2 people who could wear that pendant.
Rena's daughter, or the real queen of Windbloom.
Sergey suspected a contract between Mashiro and Arika because he most likely noticed the blue saphire in Arika's ear and Mashiro's ring. Nagi most likely noticed the same. And it is quite likely that Smith informed Nagi of the missing Slave Master. By doing so he had nothing to loose anyway since Nagi already knew that they were after the queen. But by mentioning that detail Nagi would know in an instant that only Arika could've defeated the Slave, and that only with a contract and the blue saphire.

However, notice that since Nagi asked Smith to look for the real Queen that there were no more attacks on Mashiro directly? And neither will there be since they think she's not the woman they're looking for. How wrong I think they are. But the best way to hide something is right in the open.

So, if the castle's ever to be attacked again, I would say it's to get their hands on the harmonium or some other hidden technology

Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-26, 18:40   Link #126
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
teaser is coming shortly
Old 2006-01-26, 18:53   Link #127
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

So Mai is getting bumped back to mere Meister status since Nao took her 'spot'? That kinda sucks...in a way. Although it would explain why she was still wearing the Zipang crest on her Meister Robe.

Sergay did well to pick both Nao and Nina to go to Garderobe - they've come FAR. One becomes a Pillar and the other is arguably one of the strongest of the 'new batch' of Otome at only age 15.
Old 2006-01-26, 19:00   Link #128
lana3007
stuck-up feminist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diodati
I think Nao does care about Garderobe, maybe in her good old Nao way, but she cares about the students which I'd think would be a higher priority to Natsuki. Nao has been building up to be a kind of wise adviser to the other students, like with Arika, Nina and Akane. Although she wasn't one of the top three Pearls, she has done more direct helping to students in need than they had. She has a different way of dealing with things (her goons for example) which will probably come in handy when the situation goes bad.

Natsuki is probably in need of the fifth pillar as she realized that the school is in danger. And of all the current candidate for the position, Nao is obviously the best choice. As well as the fact that this gives Natsuki the added benefit of taking her away from possibly becoming another tool for Nagi to use (though I doubt Nao would have let herself get used).

Meanwhile I will just continue squeeling with joy at the fact that my favorite character is now a pillar! Go Nao!
Old 2006-01-26, 19:06   Link #129
ArchDragon
The Ultimate Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35
So Mai is getting bumped back to mere Meister status since Nao took her 'spot'? That kinda sucks...in a way. Although it would explain why she was still wearing the Zipang crest on her Meister Robe.
AFAIK, there's no power difference between pillars and normal Meisters anyway.
The only difference is that with normal Meisters, you can destroy them by killing their Masters.

It's probably best for Mai anyway, if anything she'd prefer to be bound to the man she loves than to an "immortalized founder".

----------------------------------------

Quote:
Sergay did well to pick both Nao and Nina to go to Garderobe - they've come FAR. One becomes a Pillar and the other is arguably one of the strongest of the 'new batch' of Otome at only age 15.
Well, he personally knew 2 of the world's most talented Otomes.
It's no wonder that he can spot talented girls when they appear before him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lana3007
I think Nao does care about Garderobe, maybe in her good old Nao way, but she cares about the students which I'd think would be a higher priority to Natsuki. Nao has been building up to be a kind of wise adviser to the other students, like with Arika, Nina and Akane. Although she wasn't one of the top three Pearls, she has done more direct helping to students in need than they had. She has a different way of dealing with things (her goons for example) which will probably come in handy when the situation goes bad.
Nao seems to be completely different this time around.
While she still hates responsibility, she won't let her friends get hurt if she can do something about it.

Quote:
Natsuki is probably in need of the fifth pillar as she realized that the school is in danger. And of all the current candidate for the position, Nao is obviously the best choice. As well as the fact that this gives Natsuki the added benefit of taking her away from possibly becoming another tool for Nagi to use (though I doubt Nao would have let herself get used).
I honestly think Nagi isn't even remotely interested in getting an Otome for himself.
Sending your Otome to battle means putting your own safety at risk, something Nagi would NEVER think about.

If Nao were to graduate normally, he'll probably assign her to Sergay.
Although he might contracted Nina as a leverage against Sergay.

Last edited by ArchDragon; 2006-01-26 at 19:19.
Old 2006-01-26, 19:09   Link #130
KiraDouji

Answered my own question...
- Kira

Last edited by KiraDouji; 2006-01-26 at 19:41.
Old 2006-01-26, 19:14   Link #131
Anime Adoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diodati
Based on this new opening, I'm inclined to think Rena isn't dead. That pic of her in a pool of blood would seem a bit too spoilerish of the manner of her death - and the fact Sergay comes into the shot (and the art there looks a bit weird on him but anyway) makes me even more dubious.
I thought it means that Arika is Rena's daughter, the way they blend over from Rena to Arika. (Forget the senile woman...) Didn't think for a second it means Rena comes back to life.
Old 2006-01-26, 19:16   Link #132
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by lana3007

Natsuki is probably in need of the fifth pillar as she realized that the school is in danger.
True, however I thought it was the Shinso-sama that chooses the Pillars?

--Lone Wolf
Old 2006-01-26, 19:17   Link #133
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35

I doubt it. Mai was chosen to be a pillar with the Fire Gem. Years ago, she disappeared and thus was considered dead.

Assuming those two pillars are still active, Nao being chosen was mainly to fill in the gap that Mai left behind.

Therefore there should be a total of 6 pillars mainly because Mai is considered MIA or KIA at this point. Of course we know better but they don't.
Old 2006-01-26, 19:27   Link #134
Starks
*Scanlator

http://media.putfile.com/Mai-Otome-1...nal-RAW-TEASER

30 seconds of suspense.
Old 2006-01-26, 19:30   Link #135
Starks
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich666
Can the masked otome in new op be Erstin? Same hair, same eye color...
Otherwise there is no Ers-chan in this new op....!!!
Nope, it's feather girl...

Lower left corner of this pic proves it.

http://www2.ranobe.com/test/src/up5856.jpg
Old 2006-01-26, 19:32   Link #136
JayF

Regarding New OP

Is this Mai Otome, or is it Mai- Seed?

Wonder what the honkinh WMD would be this time.
Old 2006-01-26, 19:49   Link #137
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayF
Is this Mai Otome, or is it Mai- Seed?

Wonder what the honkinh WMD would be this time.
Mai-Seed is still better then mai-Seed Destiny.

And i hoping the WMD is still Kagutschi, I miss the whale song.
Old 2006-01-26, 20:00   Link #138
kuro_neko

Animation Quality

I noticed that the quality of animation in episode 15 went downhill considerably. I also noticed the new opening isn't quite as flashy or swiftly animated as the original. This brings doubts about whether or not the budget has been cut (maybe to alot an extended amount of episodes past 26? maybe they extended it and spread the budget out more)....I wonder if episode 16 was back to regular quality, or was it slightly downhill again?
Old 2006-01-26, 20:06   Link #139
MattAlchemy

Send a message via AIM to MattAlchemy Send a message via MSN to MattAlchemy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks
This... Why... *Stares at Tomoe* TOMOE! YOU!!

That's sad, imagine how that happened to Erstin, and onto Arika's head. Ow!
Old 2006-01-26, 20:08   Link #140
User33703
Disabled By Request

The animation in the OP seemed fine to me, and I personally thought the animations were better then the ones on the previous. (And plus, the new scenes were sure to squish any other problems I had with it.)

And I'd like myself to believe that the folks over at Sunrise slipped and got lazy on Episode 15 . I doubt that Mai-Otome will continuously show the same
"not-as-great" animations done in Episode 15, mainly because I strongly believe that Mai-Otome will remain as long as 26 episodes (and, that their budget didnt get cut.)
Closed Thread