AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-19, 17:11   Link #121
kamyu

nah, his unreleased form wasn't enough anymore. not this time around. ichigo had at least a slight power advantage until ulquiorra released the first time.
Old 2010-05-19, 18:06   Link #122
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
8,5/10 from me

The Ulqiorra arm thing is quite important imo. It clearly show's that there is nothing left of Ichigo, and at the same time it's underlining how frightening he is, even to his friends. Also ripping an arm of is far more brutal than just cutting it off(that's more like Ichigo, ask Yammy) and of course it shouldn't show any trace of logic.
Yes Ishida lost his hand but that's not what I am criticizing the most. In the manga we actually didn't see it happening and the shocking moment was shared with Orihime while in the anime only the audience witnessed how Ulqiorra dislocated his shoulder inside that tower, and all Orihime saw was a loose hanging arm and Ishida talking nonsense regarding an injury he actually never had..
I wasn't sure how best to quote this, and the color thing is all I got.

The removal of the limb was enough to show the terror, as well as blowing Orihime away. Ripping his arm is more brutal than slicing it, but either way, the fear he puts into his friends is pleanty evident.
I can see how the shock value is increased by not actually knowing the existance or severity of an injury right away, but to say he doesn't have an injury is wrong. His entire arm was mangled and it would need anesthetics to stop the pain, and for all we know the injury had been bleeding as well. Regardless f blood, an injury definitely exists.
Old 2010-05-19, 18:35   Link #123
Alchemist007
*Author

I admit the way he entered and said "Segunda Etapa" was pretty badass.

I'd also be lying if I said I didn't find his pancake mode funny

Spoiler:
Old 2010-05-19, 19:48   Link #124
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Nice to see Ichigo's resurrecion.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2010-05-19, 20:11   Link #125
Randumo24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
now that IS a baseless assumption. its pretty obvious that the 2nd release (and aizen's not knowing about it) was put in specifically to put into question ulquiorra's true rank (and by extension, ichigo's new power).

of course aizen is still stronger, but we don't know how 'huge' the gap is at this point.
Do you know what baseless means? Because if you did, you would know it isn't baseless.
Old 2010-05-19, 20:25   Link #126
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randumo24 View Post
Do you know what baseless means? Because if you did, you would know it isn't baseless.
do you?
the only real basis for claiming that ulquiorra is truly the 4th powerful espada is the number on him.
i've already explained one of the reasons why this isn't definitely true.
if your only basis is in doubt then your claim is baseless.
Old 2010-05-19, 20:26   Link #127
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post

And where is Hichigo? If it was Hichigo who had awakened, it would make far more sence. But like this it looks like Ichigo has 3 sides now.
Do you remember when Ichigo was training with the vizards? No Shirosaki on the outside there either, just monster noises. Same thing with Ichigo's fight against Zangetsu in the filler arc.
Old 2010-05-19, 20:29   Link #128
Alchemist007
*Author

He probably doesn't care enough to speak to Ulq.
Old 2010-05-19, 20:43   Link #129
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Pretty nice episode. If only Ichigo could control this form.
Old 2010-05-19, 20:43   Link #130
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Do you remember when Ichigo was training with the vizards? No Shirosaki on the outside there either, just monster noises. Same thing with Ichigo's fight against Zangetsu in the filler arc.
I guess... but still where is he?
He had such great opportunity to take over and he himself said that if Ichigo dies, he also will. Shouldn't he try to protect himself?
Old 2010-05-19, 21:10   Link #131
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
He had such great opportunity to take over and he himself said that if Ichigo dies, he also will. Shouldn't he try to protect himself?
This is Shirosaki, he is taking over and he is protecting himself. He's just not talking, but again, there's a precedence for that.
Old 2010-05-19, 21:11   Link #132
Randumo24
Banned

Quote:
do you?
the only real basis for claiming that ulquiorra is truly the 4th powerful espada is the number on him.
i've already explained one of the reasons why this isn't definitely true.
if your only basis is in doubt then your claim is baseless.
The claim is that Aizen is stronger than Ulquiorra. There are facts to back it up, therefore it isn't baseless.
Old 2010-05-19, 21:38   Link #133
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randumo24 View Post
The claim is that Aizen is stronger than Ulquiorra. There are facts to back it up, therefore it isn't baseless.
except no, that wasn't the claim i called baseless. in fact, i even flat out said that aizen is stronger than ulquiorra in the very same post.
try to stay on track.
Old 2010-05-19, 21:41   Link #134
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Awesome, super awesome. The animation crapped out in a couple of places but it was great for the most part.

And curse the censors. Black blood? Come on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Pretty nice episode. If only Ichigo could control this form.
I am hoping one day he can, just so we can see it again.
Old 2010-05-19, 22:17   Link #135
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Finally had the chance to watch the episode. It is certainly one of the better animated episode in Bleach in quite a while. The drawing was even better than last week's, and the animated movement were so fluid.

I also grudgingly admit that this is the first episode in quite a while that hints at an underlying story by Kubo in regards to Ichigo. Ichigo's transformation was so unexpected and baffling at first, but as soon as I take into consideration about the portion where Ichigo is observing the outside struggle, almost from a distant, while his body lies motionless nearby..... It hints at why Aizen left Ulqui there..., that it might be more to Aizen's plan to cultivate Ichigo's potential to completing the perfect hybrid Aizen has dedicated himself to create for centuries. The power-up also doesn't feel like a cop out just because the process isn't a conscious one by Ichigo. Ulqui also thought that wasn't Ichigo.

We can also say that if Ichigo was dead, his body would have corroded and crumbled away instantly like any other Shinigami/hollows that turns dead in that realm. Ichigo is dead already, technically. Recall the entire training session with Tessai at the beginning of the show. So the question is why his body persevered to stay put when Ulqui put that hole in his chest instead of crumbling away in blue energy dust? And why wasn't her healing taking effect right away? Something about Ichigo's make up that put him aside from the norm of a shinigami?

I enjoyed this episode. For once I've enjoyed Orihime's dialogue which are few and far between to begin with. Her seiyuu did a wonderful job at projecting the helplessness of the situation. Did she appear a little scared at the end at the sight of this newly transformed Ichigo?

Anyway, looks like this streak of wonderful drawing in the last two episode come to an end if we go by the preview for next week's episode.
Old 2010-05-19, 22:35   Link #136
Alchemist007
*Author

There was also Menori and Rori that didn't get vaporized right away, enough time for Inoue to restore them. I don't know what to say about that other than that both of them and Ichigo were still hanging on by enough...
Old 2010-05-19, 22:36   Link #137
Voduar

While Ichigo's powerup definitely did feel like something of an asspull from KT when I read it in the manga, certain events occurring now may cause that to not be the case. There's an outside chance he planned all this, or has at least adapted it well. As to why we dont see Hichigo, I am as baffled as anyone else. Now, I can only hope that they do a good wrapup for the emobat. Oh, and I mourn the loss of quality animation, but its loss was basically overdue.
Old 2010-05-19, 22:41   Link #138
Randumo24
Banned

Quote:
except no, that wasn't the claim i called baseless. in fact, i even flat out said that aizen is stronger than ulquiorra in the very same post.
try to stay on track.
Yes, but my post was about Aizen being stronger. Comparing them to the higher espada was based on what Ulquiorra said himself. Do you think Ulquiorra could beat espada 2?
Old 2010-05-19, 22:49   Link #139
Alchemist007
*Author

Here's one scene that I preferred in the SC2 version

Spoiler:

Might as well show the whole vid, not like it's a spoiler anymore. Funny how they even changed a few mechanics: Inoue not getting blown away, sound of Hollowsaki, sound of sonido...I preferred them all in SC2!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlMoNrs2wgU
Old 2010-05-19, 23:01   Link #140
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
There was also Menori and Rori that didn't get vaporized right away, enough time for Inoue to restore them. I don't know what to say about that other than that both of them and Ichigo were still hanging on by enough...
Menori and Rori... had to think for a second to recall as to who those two were, but then I remembered those two were the ones that laid the sweet ass-beating on Orihime the last time. If I remember one of them even dragged her around the floor by pulling on the hair. I remember this portion because the camera was for some reason focused on her nether region as she was being dragged. Yeah, I agree that it is indeed puzzling why she couldn't heal Ichigo. I also wonder how much Orihime understand about her own ability? The way she was starting to lose it in the episode, it seems like she has a very little understanding about how her power works.

Btw, I also noticed in the last week's episode that the walk-on-the-air thing is finally explained. In one scene as Ulqui was doing the routine walk-on-the air, every step he was taking a blue glow would light up right below the step. I guess people with massive reiatsu can emit enough to do their air-walk seamlessly, just like in Naruto where folks use chakra to do the moses-walk on the water.
Closed Thread