AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-06-17, 21:54   Link #1381
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
This thread needs MOAR scenarios.

~MGLN RecollectionS~

~Act 1: Aurion and Almaria: The Two Aces~

Spoiler for MGLN RecollectionS prologue:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for Act 1: Aurion and Almaria; The Two Aces:

That was fun. I started writing this in my breaks between classes just today and recently finished it. I hope it's a good enough introductory chapter.^^;;

Watch out for the next chapter, Act 2: The Sniper and the Priestess.
AWWWWWWWWWW.

I can just tell this is the start of something epic... TT Pity we already know what's going to happen (more or less).
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
That wouldn't be Barrier Jacket Tech Talk #3984213753479028548951920894837583184987599813971 85420831058762438056948385947560234789327805826497 32085728496289108378694380476812546356873425623486 497435709425726913078946594.5, would it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
You underestimated by a few tens.
Don't you mean a few hundreds Kha?
Quote:
Mine were supposed to be rebuilt in the old thread...I kinda need to remotivate myself to work...=_=
I know the feeling all too well.
Quote:

*turns to Kha*

Kha, what have you been feeding Comar???
XD
Quote:
===

Anyway, here's my dual-affinity idea. I put a decent amount of thought into it, and I don't think it outright violates canon...:3

Hybrid Affinity.

A normal affinity converts a mage's magic to one element. Fate's magic takes on the affinity of lightning; her spells are all electrical in nature. What a hybrid affinity does is to provide a mage with two distinct but not separate affinities to use.

Say a mage has a hybrid fire/wind affinity. That mage has access to, and this is the important part, fire/wind magic, but not fire or wind. A mage can only have one type of affinity; the loophole is that my system treats fire/wind as one type that just happens to be dual-elemental. This means the mage can only cast fire/wind magic, without being able to use fire or wind separately, which would break the rules outright.

I'm aware it's a stretch, and I don't intend at present to use this system more than once - it is a Rare Skill and not common at all. The fact that I'm making a unique heritage for the character in question adds another layer to this...

Anyway, there you have it. Pick it apart at your leisure.

*turns to mist and vanishes*
I'd say the reasoning behind it is sound, but when you say fire/wind magic, what exactly is it?
-See Cort's question.. that's pretty much mine as well.
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 22:21   Link #1382
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Maybe a few hundreds...
Old 2008-06-18, 00:02   Link #1383
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
I like the idea of combining different elements into a single spell type, but how is fire/wind different from a wind spell with a fire effect stacked on top? What sort of limitations does this impose on the spells you can cast, and what's to prevent a fire/wind mage from chucking around ordinary fireballs backed up by a tailwind or something?
The idea is that the spell has to incorporate components of both elements. "Wind spell with fire effect stacked" is kind of what I'm going for, you just have to use both wind and fire to make it. Think flaming cyclone and the like.
Quote:
Blame not the Khrackmaster, blame whoever uploaded that delicious pic of Dizzy dressed up in Justice's armor on danbooru.

Quote:
You underestimated by a few tens.
Oh, only a few tens!?
Quote:
Arms/Prot? Don't expect to be able to hold enough threat unless you sacrifice Endless Rage, and even more if you don't have enough DR. In fact, warrior specs have trouble being maximized if you want to spec for PVE and PVP, which I do. Prolly why I also never play one past level 24.
Oh, I don't plan on trying Arms/Prot. I like maximizing one tree; my pally's straight Ret and my warrior's gonna be straight Arms.

Then again, I think trying to apply WoW specs to anime characters in general is an exercise in futility...
Quote:
Sak-chan when beserk is only about as harmful as a Sheryl Nome in a Jack running loose after her stolen pantsu. Some walls may be cracked, but pPlanets won't get destroyed, and everyone gets to have a lot of fun.
That's not very comforting...-_-
Quote:
I'm just the bartender, shakin' up new Khrack from the others. Go ask the true sources, good man.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiight...
Quote:
I see... My only trouble here is that when I think of FW spells, I see RU or RG Magic spell cards.
To be honest, I get a lot of inspiration from the game...I told you I was an MTG player. I just took an idea similar to what I already had and am adapting it to the Nanohaverse. I needed a way to make multiple affinities work, and this was the best one I could come up with.

Red/blue, BTW, is the best one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
So I may be able to be trained by Vita, or Sigrun. That's nice to know. Keroko, I read the Gungnir weapon, and it sounds nice, although I'll need to go over it later. However, if you already have Gungnir, I'll probably try and find another weapon to use, as I'm trying to avoid reusing designs.
Did you maybe mean "Signum"? :3

Just teasing ya You should try some kind of left-field weapon, surprise us all. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
AWWWWWWWWWW.

I can just tell this is the start of something epic... TT Pity we already know what's going to happen (more or less).
Maybe it's a good thing I've forgotten...
Quote:
Don't you mean a few hundreds Kha?

Quote:
I know the feeling all too well.
See, it's not that I don't want to; I just can't get in the right mood to do it...
Quote:
I'd say the reasoning behind it is sound, but when you say fire/wind magic, what exactly is it?
-See Cort's question.. that's pretty much mine as well.
I guess if Liingo is saying it's an okay idea it can't be all bad...

I'm also pretty sure the whole mixing of elements is something that one has to visualize, myself included. My vision of a fire/wind spell would be a tunnel of air with flames; earth/water would be rocks and bubbles...that kind of thing.

It's very fantasy-magic, which i guess clashes with what we have. Assuming nobody has issue with it, I'll work more and try to nail it down.
LimitedEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 00:10   Link #1384
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:

This is Dizzy, a cute-as-all-get-out character from the Guilty Gear series. Here she's dressed up like Justice, the final enemy of the first game. I'm porting her character design to use for Iris, an amnesiac girl connected to the Carpathan Syndicate. She's an unwilling test subject being used as a guinea pig in illegal experiments in artificial linker core enhancements and equally illegal unison device research.

Iris and her unison partner (the source of her wings and tail), after suffering a great deal of abuse at the hands of their captors, engaged in what is known as a Perfect Unison, a special type of Unison Accident wherein the personas of Device and Meister merge into a single being. They're still joined together in Unison and theoretically they can be disengaged from each other by outside interference, but they can't disengage on their own because there's not really a "they" in Iris's head. It would be kind of like trying to move an arm you didn't know you had.

*EDIT*
Hmm, I seem to have misplaced my image somehow...

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.

Last edited by Comartemis; 2008-06-18 at 08:27.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 00:27   Link #1385
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
While an odd weapon is possible, it doesn't seem like something a Velka system would use. I could see a Mid system using it for an alternate mode, perhaps, but Velka seems to use more standard weapons.

Also, I just finished episode 17. That was very action-packed, and horrible to watch. I was actually worried for a while as to the fate of some of the characters. Glad to know that Shamal and Zafira survived, as they were the only ones that I thought might have died.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 00:27   Link #1386
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Oh, I don't plan on trying Arms/Prot. I like maximizing one tree; my pally's straight Ret and my warrior's gonna be straight Arms.

Then again, I think trying to apply WoW specs to anime characters in general is an exercise in futility...
Of course. This rule only applies if the character was built with that in mind from the start!

Which is why we have Protection/Retribution/Holy Cleric-Knights, Arcaic/Technical/Elemental Runescribes and Affliction Suppression/Demonology Summoning/Destruction Inquisitors for OCs, but no clear specializations for CCs, which are NPCs anyway.

Quote:
That's not very comforting...-_-
Relatively speaking, it is.

Quote:
To be honest, I get a lot of inspiration from the game...I told you I was an MTG player. I just took an idea similar to what I already had and am adapting it to the Nanohaverse. I needed a way to make multiple affinities work, and this was the best one I could come up with.

Red/blue, BTW, is the best one.
Yes indeed.
Old 2008-06-18, 00:36   Link #1387
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
"The Shot" as powerful as a Divine Buster in A's? Are you sure?
Sure, it's a dangerous card, but it doesn't look that powerful, it's just fast...and gradually becomes even faster if not stopped...but powerful...don't think so.
well in my ficverse with Teen!Cardcaptor Sakura has that much power

*shuts up before he spills any more*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post

Can't get creepier, alright =D
It does compute for such a person

The Claw Man was also a gardener as well as a madman

Quote:
They didn't impound the Book of the Night Sky. Or the Raising Heart. I guess once the LL is certified "safe" its pressed into service under their charge.

And SaintX and I have been using safe LL ever since... ever.

Quote:

This is Dizzy, a cute-as-all-get-out character from the Guilty Gear series. Here she's dressed up like Justice, the final enemy of the first game. I'm porting her character design to use for Iris, an amnesiac girl connected to the Carpathan Syndicate. She's an unwilling test subject being used as a guinea pig in illegal experiments in artificial linker core enhancements and equally illegal unison device research.

Iris and her unison partner (the source of her wings and tail), after suffering a great deal of abuse at the hands of their captors, engaged in what is known as a Perfect Unison, a special type of Unison Accident wherein the personas of Device and Meister merge into a single being. They're still joined together in Unison and theoretically they can be disengaged from each other by outside interference, but they can't disengage on their own because there's not really a "they" in Iris's head. It would be kind of like trying to move an arm you didn't know you had.
That reminds me of my base image for my upcoming "Dei Originator" Milleva- though more mechaish armoring and wings.

@Kha:

well i have done a "classing" of all OCs and CCs- though some are undefined at the moment
Old 2008-06-18, 03:38   Link #1388
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
@FlameSparkz: Did you make any new sketches while i was gone? Nice riviera avy + sig btw
I did, but not really related to the OC thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
well in my ficverse with Teen!Cardcaptor Sakura has that much power

*shuts up before he spills any more*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
@Kha:

well i have done a "classing" of all OCs and CCs- though some are undefined at the moment
"majissu ka?"

~~~~

Ok...Let's see if I can get some work done today
Maybe I'll even post it

*warps away*
Old 2008-06-18, 04:23   Link #1389
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Gungnir, AKA "the most overused name for a polearm-class weapon in existence..."
[lameexcuse]I was first![/lameexcuse]

Quote:
That's like my brother...one of my friends was telling me about TF2 and he was saying, "Oh, the Scout's fast and carries a bat, your brother's gonna love playing as him!"

That damn bat has killed me (I play Heavy :3) more times that I care to admit...
"Boink!" :3

Quote:
7Arcs sure takes some chances...lot of suspension of disbelief for a group of enlightened 20-somethings (plus a few teens!) to take...:3
*shrug* I don't have much of a problem with it.

Quote:
To be fair, Nanoha is a shooter; she doesn't care as much about high-speed combat.

But I don't think the cuffs are that bad; I bet we're just not used to siing them on a Jacket.
Trust me, you don't want to start analyzing Barrier Jackets on the base of their realism.

Quote:
Anyway, here's my dual-affinity idea. I put a decent amount of thought into it, and I don't think it outright violates canon...:3

Hybrid Affinity.

A normal affinity converts a mage's magic to one element. Fate's magic takes on the affinity of lightning; her spells are all electrical in nature. What a hybrid affinity does is to provide a mage with two distinct but not separate affinities to use.

Say a mage has a hybrid fire/wind affinity. That mage has access to, and this is the important part, fire/wind magic, but not fire or wind. A mage can only have one type of affinity; the loophole is that my system treats fire/wind as one type that just happens to be dual-elemental. This means the mage can only cast fire/wind magic, without being able to use fire or wind separately, which would break the rules outright.

I'm aware it's a stretch, and I don't intend at present to use this system more than once - it is a Rare Skill and not common at all. The fact that I'm making a unique heritage for the character in question adds another layer to this...

Anyway, there you have it. Pick it apart at your leisure.

*turns to mist and vanishes*
Hmm, makes sense I guess. Technically he still has only one affinity. He can't use fire without the wind, and he can't use wind without the fire. You could have used a better analogy (Wind/lightning, for example, since those two are closely related anyway for example) I don't see much problems with it.

Quote:
I like the idea of combining different elements into a single spell type, but how is fire/wind different from a wind spell with a fire effect stacked on top? What sort of limitations does this impose on the spells you can cast, and what's to prevent a fire/wind mage from chucking around ordinary fireballs backed up by a tailwind or something?
The difference would be none, except that it is easier for the mage with the fire/wind affinity to cast such a spell then someone who doesn't, or only has one affinity. The limitations would be that he can't cast anything but fire/wind combinations, otherwise he'll have to resort back to the incanted spells normal mages use.

Quote:
So I may be able to be trained by Vita, or Sigrun. That's nice to know. Keroko, I read the Gungnir weapon, and it sounds nice, although I'll need to go over it later. However, if you already have Gungnir, I'll probably try and find another weapon to use, as I'm trying to avoid reusing designs.
Signum would be harder, since she doesn't teach. Though if you can make a believable scenario, then by all means go ahead. Heck, we already have Koji, who was trained by Signum. A good backstory helps a great deal.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 04:45   Link #1390
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
"Boink!" :3
"If you promise not to bleed on my suit I will kill you quickly. "

For days when being a medic isn't too smart. :3
Old 2008-06-18, 06:01   Link #1391
Mirron

Well, personally I'd rather have my character trained by Vita. I like her character a lot, and can personally identify with it, and how I am usually carries over into the characters I make. Having just finished the series, I should get to work on my character. A spear wielder, with three modes, and the element of water. This should be interesting to try. As well, the name of the spear is Malte.
Old 2008-06-18, 06:35   Link #1392
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

All the better then, Vita is already an instructor, so you don't even have to find a specific reason for he rto train your OC. As long as your OC was in a batch of Vita's students, it should work out.
Old 2008-06-18, 06:40   Link #1393
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Is there a translation of the Sound Stage for StrikerS where Arisa and Suzuka were around? I need to know as many details as I can about their current life.

Also, what do we know about the Saint Church's religion? As in, as specific as possible.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 07:15   Link #1394
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Quote:
Glad to know that Shamal and Zafira survived, as they were the only ones that I thought might have died.
They did get owned badly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
I did, but not really related to the OC thread
Aw damn...So how far did Koji was it? and Maren go in terms of relationship?

Quote:
Well, personally I'd rather have my character trained by Vita. I like her character a lot, and can personally identify with it, and how I am usually carries over into the characters I make. Having just finished the series, I should get to work on my character. A spear wielder, with three modes, and the element of water. This should be interesting to try. As well, the name of the spear is Malte.
Hmm water spear eh? Btw trained by Vita as in, personal training or maybe Vita focuses more on your character instead? I might be mistaken but in the show, The forwards were trained by Nanoha, Fate, Vita and Signum with Nanoha focusing more on Subaru and Tia and Fate on Erio and Caro and also Signum on Erio, i think. I guess for you it'll be personal training?

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
haiz123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 07:21   Link #1395
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

In the forwards case it was mainly Nanoha and Vita training the forwards (they are the ones with training credentials) with Fate and Signum pitching in ocasionally.
Old 2008-06-18, 07:41   Link #1396
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

As for Saint Church's religion, it is a rather liberal one centered on the principles set forth/embodied by the Sankt Kaiser, the last and most well-loved of the Belka Kaisers. This "Saint King Movement" even till present day remains widespread, being the largest set of beliefs on Midchilda and Ordered Space as a whole. And so Monarch Church, on top of being a scenic tourist spot, is very popular for pilgrims and newly-weds alike.

Would you like to know more? Cos while this is the DVD booklet translation, the rest of the literature on Belka religion are all my theories... ^^;
Old 2008-06-18, 07:47   Link #1397
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
As for Saint Church's religion, it is a rather liberal one centered on the principles set forth/embodied by the Sankt Kaiser, the last and most well-loved of the Belka Kaisers. This "Saint King Movement" even till present day remains widespread, being the largest set of beliefs on Midchilda and Ordered Space as a whole. And so Monarch Church, on top of being a scenic tourist spot, is very popular for pilgrims and newly-weds alike.

Would you like to know more? Cos the rest is all my theories... ^^;
Depends on how reference-heavy it is. And if so, how much you're willing to explain the references to fit into the canon.

Currently I'm trying to work out all the various modes of address and language and writing style of a Saint Church scholar. I've cribbed a lot of stylistic quirks from the various Elder Scrolls games, for lack of anything more immediately available in that vein.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 08:01   Link #1398
Mirron

I'd like my character to be more personally trained, but I'm not sure how likely that would be. It is the only logical way I can think of that my character would learn Ancient Velkan without it being a family thing. Or the most logical, I think.
Old 2008-06-18, 08:06   Link #1399
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

For the holy scriptures, I've basically crafted a long line of dusty, outmoded Old Testament which were all pre-Sankt Kaiser propaganda. When Sankt Kaiser came along, she flat out refused to take a leaf from the old books and set out to rule her kingdom in her own way. Over time, her popularity grew, and by the time she died tragically, the Kaiser had won over her people and more with her heart.

And so, as legends say, she returned to the living 3 days after her passing, declaring a new epoch for the Belka peoples, and that they must have faith and weather the Great Apocalypse. This Ressurection is evidenced by the Parchment being left behind.

One year after her passing, she appeared to Prophet Johann, and spoke Her Word to him so that it be written. The result was, after six hundred and sixty six days, the New Testament. Its writing was a complete departure from the Old Testament, professing principles and a way of life in service of the Light. Scholars would reinterpret this miracle as evidence that their beloved Kaiser had ascended into the Light, where she now remains as their beacon through their darkest hours. And so ironically, her wish for her people to not worship her but live well ended up winning her even more followers.

This New Testament is rather liberal in wording, and is the adopted canon for the Saint Church. As for the rest of the Church's practices, its quite like a Roman Catholic church, but much much much more liberal; Sunday Mass is more like a gathering where people come to hear stories and messages of the Day for example.

So basically Modern Belka people "worship" the Light that the Sankt Kaiser embodied, and live life according to the Way, which would lead to peace in the mortal realms and harmony in the heavens.

Now what else...

*resumes picking through the pile of WH40K references...*

...I'll keep looking but don't worry, the 40Kness is all for the structure and function of the Belka self defence forces, so if I can recall another piece about Belka religion it shouldn't be weighed down by references.

*recalls something*

Oh yes! The Old Testament. Warring books, much like the rough bits in our Terran equivalents. Essentially centered around the Kaiser, these books also had guidelines for Holy Edicts (often used to declare war) and waging Crusades. As such, radical Belka elements cling to this script, and the most organized of them all is the Brotherhood of Nod, headed by Skane. But from here on, it gets rather reference heavy, drawing from C&C, 40K and real world politics, so I'll stop for now.

Or do you want me to continue?
Old 2008-06-18, 08:22   Link #1400
Sheba
Shitpost Gremlin

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
For the holy scriptures, I've basically crafted a long line of dusty, outmoded Old Testament which were all pre-Sankt Kaiser propaganda. When Sankt Kaiser came along, she flat out refused to take a leaf from the old books and set out to rule her kingdom in her own way. Over time, her popularity grew, and by the time she died tragically, the Kaiser had won over her people and more with her heart.

And so, as legends say, she returned to the living 3 days after her passing, declaring a new epoch for the Belka peoples, and that they must have faith and weather the Great Apocalypse. This Ressurection is evidenced by the Parchment being left behind.

One year after her passing, she appeared to Prophet Johann, and spoke Her Word to him so that it be written. The result was, after six hundred and sixty six days, the New Testament. Its writing was a complete departure from the Old Testament, professing principles and a way of life in service of the Light. Scholars would reinterpret this miracle as evidence that their beloved Kaiser had ascended into the Light, where she now remains as their beacon through their darkest hours. And so ironically, her wish for her people to not worship her but live well ended up winning her even more followers.

This New Testament is rather liberal in wording, and is the adopted canon for the Saint Church. As for the rest of the Church's practices, its quite like a Roman Catholic church, but much much much more liberal; Sunday Mass is more like a gathering where people come to hear stories and messages of the Day for example.

So basically Modern Belka people "worship" the Light that the Sankt Kaiser embodied, and live life according to the Way, which would lead to peace in the mortal realms and harmony in the heavens.

Now what else...

*resumes picking through the pile of WH40K references...*

...I'll keep looking but don't worry, the 40Kness is all for the structure and function of the Belka self defence forces, so if I can recall another piece about Belka religion it shouldn't be weighed down by references.

*recalls something*

Oh yes! The Old Testament. Warring books, much like the rough bits in our Terran equivalents. Essentially centered around the Kaiser, these books also had guidelines for Holy Edicts (often used to declare war) and waging Crusades. As such, radical Belka elements cling to this script, and the most organized of them all is the Brotherhood of Nod, headed by Skane. But from here on, it gets rather reference heavy, drawing from C&C, 40K and real world politics, so I'll stop for now.

Or do you want me to continue?

Kha, Dk want pure canon, not your unholy 40k C&C child >:P
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content