AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-26, 11:23   Link #13981
Tormenk

As promised earlier a piece about Fate.

Spoiler for Twisting Of Fate:

Shoddy.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Last edited by Tormenk; 2007-10-29 at 19:20.
Old 2007-10-26, 11:24   Link #13982
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
I wonder who would contend with her...

I could think of a few characters that could 'tame' her, but none in Outer-Canaan as of yet...

Quote:
That your question was taken in another direction?
Yeah, I was alitte.

Quote:
Ego-maniac likes to have a audience to boost up his ego. Breaking a person 'live' with her close people looking on and helpless does have an added effect.

Of course, the otherwise happened.

BUT what if Caro and Erio had not intervened with their words? Crack of the twisted kind is overflowing right now.

Expect alternate scenario of Fate pawnin' of Jail later.

No no, the point is, he should have cut the feed instead of letting it continue!

He's basically giving away control of his game.

Quote:
Asuka in the doujin EVA-RETAKE. After some revelations. Asuka's take on Shinji.

Go get it. NOW.

*kicks Chaos into hole*
I refuse! I want to be spoon fed!

Quote:
Connection and manifestation is easier when you have a base that would fit the image.
Why do you think FlameSparkZ has so much power?

Quote:
Now this interests me greatly..

Do enlighten me someday.
What is the opposite of fear?

(This question is open to everybody)

Quote:
Where did this happen?
When they invaded the enemy country, Saito and Lousie had a fight over moral and what's right...

Spoiler for make-out session... Oh, and plot:

Quote:
I was thinking you had hopes of some other kind of response from her.

Other than that, completely my bad.
Personally, I don't konw why I worry for her though.

Quote:
School uniforms.Hmm.

Although this does make it harem-ish now with all the girls moving on Saito.
It's long been harem-ish

Tabitha has already had feelings for him in the novel And her dragon even supports her (Yes, she talks...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post

Na! Na! NANI!!!!?
I had the same reaction when I saw it last week from a blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Naruhodou...

Goes to read "How to Brain Control Chaos to pull a Saya/Tomoe on Spica/Jeno"... >_>
There's no such luck

Jeno's not that strong...

Quote:
YO! SAP MAN TIAN HENG, SAI MAT KENG NGA!

SEI MAH LAU.

Spoiler:
Stop doing that >_< !!

Quote:

Hair =
That's an imposter >_<

Quote:
Hmm...
You have an idea?

Quote:
What could you be talking about? We're perfectly mature enough for anything.
No, it's more like there's probably isn't much that we haven't already seen

Quote:
It's KEY after all, and honestly, while I find it LOLtastic in a way, (( life is all about aliens, unknown diseases, magic, and miracles )) they can write some good drama.
I won't be able to enjoy as much if there wasn't anything supernatural

Human beings are always attracted to the unknown.

Quote:
Has? Or HAD?
Come on, that's not even a choice

Quote:
Zero no Tsukaima style? Which?
You know, Saito's confession to Louise? Right before they make out in the boat?

Quote:
I don't care much for Siesta (( though I would've liked to see the novel scene play out )) but Henrietta shaft?

<-- Henrietta fanboy.
YOu're a Ayako KAWASUMI fan aren't you ?

Anyway, they made her look like the bad person when they didn't explain the reason for her 'wanting' Saito...

Quote:
Higurashi?
That wasn't even a challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

Wesson is never Tsun though...

*watches Wesson try to swoon Darry*

Glock: Asides from being generally unhinged, does he look changed to you?
Smith: Not really.
Mai: ... *sighs*

Gimmy: WESSON YOU MAGGOT!!!!!!!! DARRY IS MINE!!!!!

Doesn't matter, he would hound her day and night for a VERY LONG TIME... HE would be HOPELESSLY devoted to her...

Spoiler for How old do you have to be to 'remember' this song ^^; ?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
@Chaos2Frozen

I like Zero no Tsukaima and this vid is great!
But as i saw the girl with the horns i was first like "WTH! Hanyuu!?"
I wish i could read japanese... *sight* another game i won't play in the future...
Rather than that, I don't mind seeing another...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
The dude doesn't get it, does he?
Actually, it's rather romantic

Quote:
<drools> Siesta in seifuku...
Siesta in bed...

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2007-10-26 at 11:34.
Old 2007-10-26, 11:32   Link #13983
Aaron008R

Quote:
Speaking of Yuuno...

Here's something I found, which I think the creator would fit perfectly in our thread... (( A NFer whose story has GAR Yuuno + Hayuuno!? Impossibible!!))

http://www.tsukuru.info/b/2007/10/22...ha-25-part-12/
This guy's ideas are crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
IT'S THAT SONG!!!!!!

THE GAR-EST, MANLIEST, HEROIC SONG EVER !!!
Wow... I dodn't know you liked that song so much.

Quote:
Several hours ago, Keroko asked is there anyway to make Yuuno GAR...

I told him maybe the "Eiyuu no Uta" ?

I didn't know how right I was

In my opinion, this song would fit Nagasumi brilliantly

And had Erio turned out the way I wanted, he would deserve this song as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Well... arent they?
Correction.
My standards are...

HAWT Fanservice = You can't make my nose bleed. YOU. JUST. CAN'T!
MOE = I like MOE. And I really don't set any standards for it.
MOE fanservice = You can get some reactions by those pics.
About Hayat-EEP! Let's not go there.

Quote:
LOL at the IRL Chinese girls comparison.

But yeah...I do agree...to some extend at least. We can only dream of a world with more Chinese girls like Mei...
I've recently watched episode 1. And what can I say... Mei is really quite a charmer!

She's a good meld of beautiful and cute. With a very fitting voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Replying some of Erio's comments later. Gotta do assignment.

I think I'm going off topic. But since I was asked to.

Spoiler for why does prism ark have so little CGs :upset::

*runs away*
Lotsa MOE in here!

Quote:
Reminds me... there'll be a scene in LegendS where Arcas fights to the tune of the OTHER Nexus OP...
Aoi Kajitsu. That song ranks higher than Eiyuu in my books.

Quote:
Mai: ...

Sore wa...

Datte... I have... someone else...

Gwen: *grabs Mai and huggles her*
*eyes Loki* Kisama!! Stay away from MY Mai!!!

Mai: Onee-sama...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Oi oi, no one fails. Just because they look similar and you drew upon something else for inspiration doesn't mean that it's wrong. Lots of ideas come from things people see and like . And of course people are gonna compare to Nanoha...just look where you are . Have you even read most of this thread? We 'borrow' ideas and concepts from other things all the time! I think it's a great start and you should continue with it. And again, damn you for your l33t drawing skillz .
QUOTED FOR MEGA WINNING TRUTH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
Spoiler for Leeeeeength:

Bonus Ficlet:
Spoiler for Lightwalker:
First of all, I admire the effort you put in making her profile. She's also quite cute. And the details and scenario are nice.

Though sadly... I believe you've just took a nice and big step over the limit. Simply put, she's WAY too powerful for Nanohaverse. This is like putting in a Gundam in a show where the most powerful weapons are tank rounds.

I believe I really don't have to say more.

Quote:
Inspiration really is a wonderful thing. And as always, feedback is much appreciated. TK, put the AHAX Rifle away.
Looks like he didn't hear your request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
*cough* I promise I won't be making anything too mature for the audience. *cough*
That wasn't my point.
I was just jokingly insinuating a distubingly closer relationship due to Hayate being 24 already. As such, it's a whole lot more possible to pursue the romantic angle. Of course, it was a joke.

Quote:
Tyrfing won't be in much scene (maybe just to scare the opponents ) since you made the Breakers too dangerous, so I'll just stay put with Reishiki and Almaria. And yes, discuss we must.

Besides, including Tyrfing might very well just be asking for an IMBA in potency-level of the protagonists over the antagonists. The Baptism of Fire scenario shows Aurion trying to fight Knight-style (without much of his illusions) to get a better feel on Tyrfing's handling. As such, he wasn't really doing spectacularly, as he is mostly a ranged-fighter/Mage. And Almaria was excluded from there too. As a later plan on RevivalS, Aurion uses all three devices at once (With a bit of tweaking and my new revelations that allows him to do so. Simply using three devices at once is of course not a walk in the park.) with his preferred fighting style (slightly indirect mid-range tactical) against either Serge or Saga. Needless to say, he's more dangerous than an Exceed Mode Nanoha or a Zamber Mote Fate (not Limit Break) hands down at that point. Not because of the power level, but for the disturbing amount of versatility and tricks he possesses.

Like I said, that's for the Timeline RevivalS is in only. In other timelines, he would never really get to use Tyrfing.

Quote:
An OVERDRIVE-dere Leona?
Chrono better look out... ()

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
DIARY OF A WINDTALKER
HALLOWEEN SPECIAL, PART VII ACT II

Spoiler for space-saving:

Simply put, this is the most LOLtastic cosplay episode yet!

Several thumbs-up!

THE COSPLAY PARTY IS MADE OF ALL TYPES OF WIN!!!

Quote:
Here's a little Da Capo II promotion...

Spoiler for Da Capo II:

Oh, and that would be Gwen in swimsuit, too.

Hmmm, hey Lowe, maybe Mai has short hair during her time at the Convent? *hint hint points up*

*ahem*
It's MOE fanservice... And I'm loving it!

That girl in the upper position reminds me of Sakura from CCS, though.

Quote:

I loved doing it.

And yes, MASA-SAN! <3
Oh dear... The crack...

Quote:
I'm so proud of myself.

what?
We've lost him...

Quote:
IMAGE TIME!

... Though Lowe should have been the one to post this... He photoshopped it!!

This one's to show Gwen and Mai's "WORLD" as described by USB...and what they do every night

Spoiler for NSFW GwenXMai:

*RUNS AWAY REALLY FAST*

Okay... That really shocked me... What the holy hell with your daring...
Certainly NSFW.

Quote:
Spoiler for When the LineBackers cosplay...:

*Libera Me From Hell plays*
THE LINEBACKERS WIN THE GARest Costumes Award!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
*blinks, then calmly gets up. After rumaging through a chest for a moment, returns with a harrisen*

WHAM!

I finished reading the profile, even though I don't know why I bothered to go beyond the 'level of god' thing. I mean, do I even have to point out how obviously insanely H4XX this character is? This just about defines the very essense of 'god-modding'

The Aces are known as the cream of the crop in the TSAB, this girl completely owns even Hayate in magic rank, and would hardly have to exert any effort in beating all of them at once. With her hands tied behind her back.

seriously, how the hell do you reconsile this?

Quote:
*instant reply* Break. Emo crying style.
Will use in my scenario as well. But this time, Aurion's going to be knocking some confidence back into her head!

Here's some parts...

Spoiler for snippets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post

This is stamped NO FUCKING GO how the FUCK did you think this would be even VAGUELY acceptable?! I"m not even sure where to begin, but how about the letters "SSS"?

It's late now so I can't be assed to tear this down in detail (not that I need to go into much to see it's BROKEN), but I'd seriously like to hear the twisted logic I assume you have that makes you think this is any kind of "okay.".

Quote:
Spoiler for SIZE:
Whoa... I just knew this was going to be an interestingly long read. The ideas are great. I can actually see them fitting well. Nice work!

Quote:
More or less, like I said magic bullets.

I don’t buy that a device can’t cast alone myself, not if supplied with power at least. If magic is really just a math based application of a power source, mana, I don’t see why a device can’t cast alone to a certain degree, the linker core is the fuel, but the device is the engine and the control system. More so we see unison devices (AIs) casting as well, they have linker cores yes, but if like I said the linker core is merely an effectively unlimited “fuel” supply then more mundane devices ought to be able to cast too, if supplied with power in some form, in this case cartridges.

I view magic as merely an application of a power source via complex equations, it so happens that this power source is most easily accessible from certain humans, but the energy itself isn’t special otherwise and can be manipulated and used with technology (see all sorts of magi-tech in Nanoha). For me the ability to manipulate mana and do magic merely requires a power source and the intelligence to do the equations. I don't view humans as all that special and required beyond being a handy source of large amounts of power. The very fact magic energy can be "bottled" and stored as cartridges to me says it's not any special sort of energy.

My take is that cartridges cause strain because the user is actively feeding power into the device (like you said) and so is linked too it and by using cartridges that boost the power involved higher then what they could normally handle and control some of the power “leaks” into them as feedback, but if you simply don’t feed the device at all this problem is eliminated, of course the trade off here is that without the mage adding his available power the power of many spells is reduced and some are impossible, plus with fewer places for the excess energy to go the device takes more abuse as well. These devices have a rather short useful lifespan and they tend to require allot of maintenance.

That said if a mage is channeling energy into these devices then using cartridges causes strain as normal, but these devices are also built so that they can function to a point without the mage supplying energy, if they have an available alternate source, IE cartridges. Most of the time a user would still be channeling through the device as normal to conserve ammunition if nothing else, but if need be he can cut lose from the weapon for a time to use his energy on something else and still continue to attack (to a point) at the same time.

Weapons somewhat like this will be a very a minor plot point later as they’ll be issued to many “normal” troops, to counter the enemies use of massed conventional forces. The idea behind them was creating a weapon that could equip a largely conventional force with something that could be a threat to mages and various sorts of robots and such. Real magic guns basically, this kind of approach to me seemed more in keeping with the universe and TSAB policy then simply inventing blaster rifles or something, and it added a bit of flavor to the unit’s magic style.

Anyway I hardly consider the idea of a tailor made device being able to cast simple spells alone using cartridges for power as particularly outlandish compared to crap introduced in other areas.
I can use some of these theories. Thanks!

Quote:
What could you be talking about? We're perfectly mature enough for anything.
Considering the characters involved, nothing of the sort should happen!!!:eyes pin:

Quote:
Spoiler:

So you're gonna...

MORE. NAO!

Delicious backlog is delicious.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-10-26, 11:36   Link #13984
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Quick reply before I'm off..

Thats a slight problem on my end. I've no idea where to put her as of now.Currently I'm thinking of putting her appearance around April 28th MC 0076, which is the day RF6 was disbanded.

Actually I wasn't thinking of his involvement that way. And after a night's sleep, I''m not sure what I meant by involvement either. A thought or two from you eh? And as for hidden potential, you'll have to contend with Jeno since he's next on my list in addition to Fate and Maren.

That had been solely Katrina's thoughts alone. Put her in front of Keroko and you'll get a scene that will match the MarenKoji dilemma I mentioned earlier.
Heh, I'm not really too sure what to do with Shamsel too much either . I'm just waiting and seeing I guess since I am teh n00b here. Plus I'm a romance fanfic junky so it'd be nice to hope and see if Shamsel gets some happiness in his life .
Um, which one was Jeno? I can leave it up to you to determine who the antagonist will be . I can PM you the general idea that I was considering for the eventual situation if you want (so as not to spoil it for others ).

Quote:
DIARY OF A WINDTALKER
HALLOWEEN SPECIAL, PART VII ACT II

Spoiler for space-saving:

This...is made of...EPIC WIN!!!

So much awesomeness...I can't wait for the next installment .
I hope you won't abuse Shamsel too much .

Quote:
Yes...the corrupted...must...be...PURIFIED!!!
Such an awesome image. Straight and too the, um, gun point (never played 40K before...but still awesome )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Just one thing though that's been annoying me... (directed at the thread in general...)
[rant on]There's a whole galaxy of worlds to use, there's no need to have all these mages appear on Earth!! Is it so hard to make up the name of a world?? With the massive number of mages from earth in here, you'd think that it was a administrated world, instead of a non-administared one... [/rant off]
Yes, there are quite a bit from Earth huh? Although I also plead guilty...
Just in my opinion, I can think of two possible explanations:
-Since everyone here is from Earth (...right?), it's like a comfort zone. Some people don't like to stray from a familiar environment or maybe they prefer someone they can relate with.
-Depending when they came into the picture, it could be explained that after the Precia and Book of Darkness Incident the TSAB decided to pay a little more attention to this little planet after find not one, but 3 high-rank mages. If the planet had 3 mages on it so far, what's not to say there are more down there somewhere?
Just my 2-sense and random thoughts that popped into my head as I was reading .
Old 2007-10-26, 11:59   Link #13985
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
When they invaded the enemy country, Saito and Lousie had a fight over moral and what's right...
C'mon, don't be a tease.

Here's what Sushi-Y-dono wrote on it. Hail her godly translation powah.

Spoiler for Hail Sushi-dono for her Transgoddesscheesium:

Quote:
Yeah, it's one week after the fall of Jail Scaglietti.

So, they're going undercover...but...Astra Scrya?
Well, Astra "Sol-Cry-ea" was originally of the Ancient Scryan tribes. After all, Belka's ancient past takes place in Mid-childa after all.

It's not like Yuuno knows everybody in his tribe anyway.

Quote:
As promised earlier a piece about Fate.

Shoddy.
To be honest, yeah it's a little shoddy. It's good overall, but it could be better. There was not enough mental introspective of Fate and this was one piece that could've benefited more of a first-person view due to Fate's condition. Overall, it was decent, but the first person and explanatory parts could be better.

Quote:
Depending when they came into the picture, it could be explained that after the Precia and Book of Darkness Incident the TSAB decided to pay a little more attention to this little planet after find not one, but 3 high-rank mages. If the planet had 3 mages on it so far, what's not to say there are more down there somewhere?
3? Fate was not from Earth. Only Graham, Nanoha and Hayate qualified, and Graham was like... 40 to 50 years before Nanoha/Hayate came about. So, technically less than 2 every half a century is hardly a respectable indicator.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-10-26, 12:18   Link #13986
Tormenk

Quote:
Your knighting is within those 6 months between JS Incident and RF6 disbanding, right?

This is a spoiler to what I'm planning...

Spoiler:
And the set-up is complete.

Quote:
I could think of a few characters that could 'tame' her, but none in Outer-Canaan as of yet...
Tame as in control her or tame in able to match her? I was thinking that few OCs here could match her in that area.

Ehem.

Quote:
No no, the point is, he should have cut the feed instead of letting it continue!

He's basically giving away control of his game.
His actions are decided by the writers so blame them if he seems stupid. Actually, blame them for anything else that seems dumb to you.

Quote:
I refuse! I want to be spoon fed!
How do you spoon feed someone a doujin? -____-

Show me that if you please.

Quote:
Why do you think FlameSparkZ has so much power?
True.

Quote:
What is the opposite of fear?

(This question is open to everybody)

"The opposite side of this coin is.."

Quote:

Dang. This is all in the novels right?

Quote:
Personally, I don't konw why I worry for her though.
You probably took a liking to her after Keroko Week.

Quote:
It's long been harem-ish

Tabitha has already had feelings for him in the novel And her dragon even supports her (Yes, she talks...)
This too?

Tabitha and Kirche were the Zafira duo of ZnT S2.

Quote:

Actually, it's rather romantic

Siesta in bed...
Wonder if Louise approved.

Quote:
Heh, I'm not really too sure what to do with Shamsel too much either . I'm just waiting and seeing I guess since I am teh n00b here. Plus I'm a romance fanfic junky so it'd be nice to hope and see if Shamsel gets some happiness in his life .
Um, which one was Jeno? I can leave it up to you to determine who the antagonist will be . I can PM you the general idea that I was considering for the eventual situation if you want (so as not to spoil it for others ).
Jeno's Chaos main OC out of his created Destroyers.

I think my pieces so far and in the near future would fall near hurt and angst though.

I don't have an idea where this is going since I replied just now but the pm would do well in helping me understand.

Quote:

Spoiler for Hail Sushi-dono for her Transgoddesscheesium:

Words fail me at the length and effort put into this.

Quote:
To be honest, yeah it's a little shoddy. It's good overall, but it could be better. There was not enough mental introspective of Fate and this was one piece that could've benefited more of a first-person view due to Fate's condition. Overall, it was decent, but the first person and explanatory parts could be better.
I feel the same as I finished the last parts. FEC could have been exploited well here and the fight lacked a certain something.

First person is tough even though I have never written it. Writing it from Fate's view no less would drive me nuts.

Although any comments on Kerokolysis?

Old 2007-10-26, 12:38   Link #13987
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:

This is stamped NO FUCKING GO how the FUCK did you think this would be even VAGUELY acceptable?! I"m not even sure where to begin, but how about the letters "SSS"?

It's late now so I can't be assed to tear this down in detail (not that I need to go into much to see it's BROKEN), but I'd seriously like to hear the twisted logic I assume you have that makes you think this is any kind of "okay.".
Put the claws away, man.

[Rant]
First, I ran the idea of "SSS" by you lot a while back. Did I hear anyone say it was illegal? Eh? EH? I didn't think so.

Second, on that, I have a fairly subjective view of ranks. I fail to see how SSS is that much more broken than some of the SS stuff we toss around here. We have a canon character, Hayate, who's SS without limiter. Topping that, we have OCs who can do broken things as well.

Third, I specifically went out of my way to make sure she isn't indestructible. I rewrote about a third of the character just so she can be on some footing with canon. Just because you can planeswalk doesn't make you "broken."

Fourth, I did this for the pure and simple reason that I wanted to. Did you really think I was gonna have her start popping into every story, leaving only peaceful resolutions behind? She's a work of my imagination, and that's all.
[/Rant]

Bottom line: If you actually read more into her, she's not that broken. Again, I tried really hard to keep her on a workable level.
If you like, I can withdraw her and pretend none of this happened, but I really don't want to. I had a planeswalker in progress for a while, and I just wanted to make her.

Truce?
Old 2007-10-26, 12:45   Link #13988
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
3? Fate was not from Earth. Only Graham, Nanoha and Hayate qualified, and Graham was like... 40 to 50 years before Nanoha/Hayate came about. So, technically less than 2 every half a century is hardly a respectable indicator.
Well if you don't count Graham, yea..2 . Or if you consider that they 'found' Fate on Earth while she tried to collect the Jewel Seeds......j/k, lol .
In terms of numbers, 2 really isn't a lot within a half-century. The factor that may push for a small observance of the planet would be that those 2 had very, very high magic potential. Yea, it would be like finding a needle in a hay stack, but they might try for it with the chance of finding another mage or 2 to improve their forces.
Old 2007-10-26, 12:46   Link #13989
stormturmoil
Field Medic

Send a message via AIM to stormturmoil Send a message via MSN to stormturmoil
Quote:

I don’t buy that a device can’t cast alone myself, not if supplied with power at least. If magic is really just a math based application of a power source, mana, I don’t see why a device can’t cast alone to a certain degree, the linker core is the fuel, but the device is the engine and the control system. More so we see unison devices (AIs) casting as well, they have linker cores yes, but if like I said the linker core is merely an effectively unlimited “fuel” supply then more mundane devices ought to be able to cast too, if supplied with power in some form, in this case cartridges.

I view magic as merely an application of a power source via complex equations, it so happens that this power source is most easily accessible from certain humans, but the energy itself isn’t special otherwise and can be manipulated and used with technology (see all sorts of magi-tech in Nanoha). For me the ability to manipulate mana and do magic merely requires a power source and the intelligence to do the equations. I don't view humans as all that special and required beyond being a handy source of large amounts of power. The very fact magic energy can be "bottled" and stored as cartridges to me says it's not any special sort of energy.

My take is that cartridges cause strain because the user is actively feeding power into the device (like you said) and so is linked too it and by using cartridges that boost the power involved higher then what they could normally handle and control some of the power “leaks” into them as feedback, but if you simply don’t feed the device at all this problem is eliminated, of course the trade off here is that without the mage adding his available power the power of many spells is reduced and some are impossible, plus with fewer places for the excess energy to go the device takes more abuse as well. These devices have a rather short useful lifespan and they tend to require allot of maintenance.

That said if a mage is channeling energy into these devices then using cartridges causes strain as normal, but these devices are also built so that they can function to a point without the mage supplying energy, if they have an available alternate source, IE cartridges. Most of the time a user would still be channeling through the device as normal to conserve ammunition if nothing else, but if need be he can cut lose from the weapon for a time to use his energy on something else and still continue to attack (to a point) at the same time.

Weapons somewhat like this will be a very a minor plot point later as they’ll be issued to many “normal” troops, to counter the enemies use of massed conventional forces. The idea behind them was creating a weapon that could equip a largely conventional force with something that could be a threat to mages and various sorts of robots and such. Real magic guns basically, this kind of approach to me seemed more in keeping with the universe and TSAB policy then simply inventing blaster rifles or something, and it added a bit of flavor to the unit’s magic style.

Anyway I hardly consider the idea of a tailor made device being able to cast simple spells alone using cartridges for power as particularly outlandish compared to crap introduced in other areas.
two words...Black Market.

This is something that the STAB wouldn't rather than couldn't do.

The STABs agenda is basically to monopolise all lethal force level power into STAB mages. If nobody else can have power, nobody can oppose their power. If nobody can oppose power, then nobody can become powerful enough for AlHazard or Belkan War type destructive infighting, genocide/ethnic cleansing, wars of aggression, political revolution etc.

Devices like these could undermine that. If the Cartridge system on these things is, truly, just magic bullets (hence needs no magical ability on the users part...) then the STAB likely wouldn't manufacture or issue, them, knowing that if they do, word WILL get out, They WILL get copied...and bunches of anti-STAB revolutionaries WILL stomp on them with magical AK armed superior numbers.

from what we've seen in StrikerS, the STAB is basically a power monopolising police state, a form of benevolent despotism that keeps power to itself, outlaws things that might threaten that power (like the ban on purely scientific rather magical influenced civilisation, including the illegality of technologised weapons), and seeks to maintain a highly unbalanced staus quo in favour of itself.

An 'independence war' is quite possible, and even likely if non-mage reliant device weapons become available. Heck, Jails tied already, and he's only the tip of the iceberg, to say nothing of the flashbacks of Zest and Regious and whoever the terrorists with the bombings were...

in other words, if these weapons are developed, they'd need to be created such that no non-STAB person, mage or otherwise (especially otherwise) could ever get them to work, ever, under any circumstances, or copy any part of them at all.

Interesting...
FateXDavid?

*runs*

Not at all...more like they have an understanding...Fate was an artificial being who's becoming more and more human...David was a human who's becoming more and more artifical...their experiences meet in the middle.

besides, I had to beat Aurion to the joke about the backdated Child support payments...
Old 2007-10-26, 14:06   Link #13990
Erio
Hiromi

This post took me about 4 hours to compile... Too many interruptions here at work.

Quote:
No no, it will be useful for detective work. Though I must admit its also useful for stalking girls.
"Detective work"...riiiight.

Quote:
Prism Ark's story isn't as complex as FSN but its not bad in its own way. Though I have to agree the anime isn't anywhere near that. Probably has to do with the script writers high on Nagasarete Airantou, they couldn't resist the harem crack.
I havent watched Nagasarete Airantou yet...is it good?

Quote:
Need to get more then.

Quote:
Holy Shi-!!!! Just a little lower!!! Erio! You have convinced me to watch Da Capo II!!!
LOL

Here's the complete image for those interested:

Quote:
Clannad, I suppose its the studio animating it, KyoAni, that's making a lot of people watch it. I really like it a lot myself. I wouldn't say its epic drama or anything, but its a cut above the normal.

The blue girl seiyuu in Ninomiya-kun is the same one who voiced Shinku in Rozen Maiden, hence the perfect ojou-sama attitude there.
Well, its not that I dont like it... I'm just comparing it to other current romance series.

As for the blue girl, no wonder why her voice felt so familiar.

Quote:
There are some sites where you can learn online for free, though I haven't really had the time to explore them in detail due to projects and assignments. I felt that I shouldn't start halfway and slack off learning because of college work so I put it off till my holidays begin.

For the moment its just a lot of "reading" untranslated visual novels that have voice in it, and eventually I pick up those kanji and hiragana bit by bit. Adding to that you have anime where the lines are translated, so now and then I go "oh I heard this particular word in this game" and remember how the kanji/hiragana looked like in the game. Also, windows Japanese IME helps. Now and then I hear some words, and I just randomly type how it sounded to me out. For example, typing "tatoeba" gives you 例えば which means "for example" (pun intended nyek nyek nyek).

Its not a very efficient way to learn, but at least its free.
Whoa, Japanese IME can do that? Where do I get this?

Quote:
Yeah it hurts. But now we belong to each other. *runs from tsun-tsun Vestrell*
lol Is there a pic of Vestrell?

Quote:
Actually no, I'm only recreating Fel as an OC here. Hyaweh just happened to be the one in the ear tugging scene. I'll get maybe Itsuki to tug her ears. Terrans on Earth have only heard of elves in fantasy tales, so meeting one would perk his interest a lot.
Riiight... Surely you want Fel for other things...

I dont know what other things you might be thinking of, though...

Quote:
Mercedes (not the car brand) from Odin Sphere? WIN!

You know, at first I thought her story arc was not going to be interesting (I wanted to get to Oswald and Velvet)...but after a couple chapters...damn, her story rocks.

BTW, no comments on THAT OTHER PIC?!

Quote:
And suddenly, I have the best cosplay ideas for S&W:

Spoiler for When the LineBackers cosplay...:

*Libera Me From Hell plays*
Nice.

I wonder if Mai will be able to contain her hidden desires after seeing Smith like that...though she's pretty busy with Gwen and Iris right now...

*ahem*

Quote:

THAT, is a very tempting offer...

So we could use pics like this...

Spoiler for Gwen&Mai "EXERCISING":

They're gonna end up kinda sweaty after that...

Quote:
[Kyon] Oi oi [/Kyon]

Quote:

She'd much rather prefer W- *radio static* confess
W...? w...w...wet?

Quote:

Succubus Gwen approved!!!

Mai: ...

nee-sama
*blushes*
Blushing Mai =

Quote:
What you need me for? Your unofficially Mai's co-author

But...

HOLY SHI-

You really DID POST IT HERE!!!!

Hopefully S&W didnt see that...

Quote:

HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!!!!!!!!

So this is the world I've been talking of, eh?

*RUNS AWAY REALLY FAST*
That's a small peek into it...yeah...

Quote:
Having never played the game, I simply follow it because of the art style (very important factor foe me), and Tomoyo and Kyou. I couldn't care less about Nagisa, who unfortunately is the female lead.
Yeah, same here. Though instead of Kyou, I prefer Ryou (if I get the names right, Ryou should be the short-haired one ).

Quote:
Kimikiss' art is not exactly my taste, but I'll give Da Capo II a try, do I have to watch thefirst season to understand the general gist of things?
I guess Kimikiss' art is simpler than others, yeah. I do recommend the anime itself, though, if you feel like giving it a try.

Regarding Da Capo, no you dont. Da Capo II's cast is completely new, so no returning characters whatsoever. There are a few links to previous characters, but I dont think its important to know them. The first season was kinda meh anyway, and the second, called Second Graduation/Story, was pretty fun, but still not necessary to watch this.

Quote:
Male lead OC in Prism Ark.
I see.

Quote:
Oh, you'll never know the full extent of their... world...

*runs*

Quote:
But she did THIS and THAT to Ginga, and Ginga didn't even resist!

not that we didn't like Frieda doing it to Ginga anyway.... >_>

Frieda: *holds Ginga* now, Ginga, would you like me to show you my secret world?
Ginga: Frieda.... *holds Frieda back* yoroshiku onegaishimasu....
Frieda: dewa.... *takes off glasses*

*runs with the Linebackers from Subaru & Takeru*
Dere-dere G-Ginga-nessama...?!

Quote:
Shafted in terms of a PROPER development...

Both of them would have their individual make-out session with Saito (Which, according to the novel, is BEYOND HOT )

But the anime didn't develop them properly, and it makes them look like the bad people trying to break him up
Ah, I see. As long as there is some hawt and steamy Siesta and Henrietta fanservice, I'm fine with it.

By novel you mean the manga right?

Quote:
Becareful what you wish for

~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~, ~

"Darry, if you lose to me, you better prepare yourself.”

“What will you do if you beat me?”

“Obviously, you’ll become my meido! From ‘ohayo gozaimasu’ to ‘oyasumi nasai’, you’ll be in my service! ”

Mou! That’s just like you!”

"If I win, you’ll become my personal meido and serve me to my heart’s content each and every day. And you’ll have to properly refer to me as 'Goshujin-sama’!”

“Not unless I get to wear a cute outfit !”

"That can be arranged..."

"What about my reward?"

"Huh?"

“I would like… the same prize you’ll get...”

“You want me to be a meido ?!?”

“No, you don’t have to be a meido. But the rest is the same. I want you to wake me with ‘oyaho gozaimasu’ and tell me ‘oyasumi nasai’ in the evening. I would like you to fill me with lots of kindness and joy. With these stakes, even if I win or if you win, we’ll always be together.”

“We’ll be together, but if I win, I’m going to add Mai, Gwen, and Keroko as meido in the future!”

"BAKA!!!"
He's gonna go around beating girls up to make them his slaves meidos?!

Something tells me Darry is going to win this battle.

Quote:
Same here

Very rarely is the main girl my favorite

At this point, I prefer Kyou over Tomoyo... And not completely because of the TWO FOR ONE deal...!
Am I the only Ryou supporter here?!

Quote:
You know what attracted me to D.C.II? It wasn't the girls... It was THIS SONG

P.S - I realized there's quite a few Nanaka fans Here's a freebee
Hey hey, that song wasnt so bad.

Nanaka and Yume FTW.

Quote:
========================
Also Content!

It started out as a simple thing… Since I’m going to have a war I’m obviously going to need more then like 10 guys to fight it! So I figured I’d invent some troops for the OC to lead! Well that got a little out of hand and now here I am 3,000 words later having managed to OC-ify a real life Special Forces unit into a magical commando brigade…

Spoiler for SIZE:
Is this the official h4xx-busting unit?

Quote:
Depends. If you had a opponent like Dr. Jackal who revels in dicing up even the smallest fry into pieces and still smile and act like a perfect gentlemen..
Dr. Jackal now?! This girl retrieving scenario is getting more and more awesome!!

Quote:
Fan-service Time: Day 2

Quote:
Dissecting Fate is enjoyable enough but a difficult process. I'll say Jail did well back in ep 24.
He could have done better if he hadnt trapped Fate in that cage...but instead tied her up in ways with his threads...

*ahem*

Quote:
FAN-SERVICE TIME: DAY 2 IS A ROARING SUCCESS!

Lowe-Aniki has been so naughty too
Y-Yeah... L-Lowe-aniki... [FieryAeon][/FieryAeon]

Quote:
Glasses you say?

Spoiler for Lemme give it a try...:
Hmm, I have a good one for this cause... I dont have photoshop here at work, though, so I'll try later.

Quote:
~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~

Since I've been bringing up Zero no Tsukaima often, I thought I would share a little something else They came up with the SECOND PS2 game This time, they're going to SAITO'S WORLD !!!

That means...
SCHOOL UNIFORMS FOR EVERYONE!!!!

OK, I've never been interested in this type of game, but this... THIS IS WIN!!

Where can we get screencaps of this?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post

HAWT YURI SECKS FTW!!!
lol Somehow I wasnt expecting this one.

Quote:
Btw, I still haven't gotten rid of the idea that the Chaos lord captures Mai to allow her to ascend and become theirs, while Smith leads an incredible offensive to take her back...
Smith wont be the only one leading that offensive...

Quote:
Arabian princess.
Arabian, huh? That's a bit unexpected...

Quote:
It's Kyoto Animation. Hordes flock to beautiful (( uninspired, non-sakkan awesome )) superficial animation with pretty colors. And due to hype, I suppose. Clannad is touted to be far more EPIC than Kanon, since it apparently goes beyond school life, and into GASP! working, married life.

It's KEY after all, and honestly, while I find it LOLtastic in a way, (( life is all about aliens, unknown diseases, magic, and miracles )) they can write some good drama.
OK, now I finally know why its going to be 24 episodes. Doesnt seem like it will be as deep as Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. I wonder why the animation is not as good as Kanon's, though...its not even wide-screen... or is it because current raws suck?

Quote:
I don't care much for Siesta (( though I would've liked to see the novel scene play out )) but Henrietta shaft?

<-- Henrietta fanboy.
I'll take them both. :3

Quote:

*cough*

Ar Tonelico?
As expected from Nighty, you know the source.

BTW, has the Ar Tonelico 2 artbook been released yet?

Quote:
Your knighting is within those 6 months between JS Incident and RF6 disbanding, right?

Spoiler:
WANT!!

Need more AstraXShamal.

Quote:
Mai's theme of clothing IS 'modern gothic'...

And Mai's secret world is already crowded enough...

What?

*runs*

Quote:
So... Smith will become this then?

Spoiler for "It's a fair fight then.":

AND, no hero should be without an OP:

Spoiler for Uchuu no Umi:

This is getting EPIC!

But at the Opening.

Quote:
Yume-chan...

Quote:
Just one thing though that's been annoying me... (directed at the thread in general...)
[rant on]There's a whole galaxy of worlds to use, there's no need to have all these mages appear on Earth!! Is it so hard to make up the name of a world?? With the massive number of mages from earth in here, you'd think that it was a administrated world, instead of a non-administared one... [/rant off]

Right with you here.

Quote:

WHERE CAN I SEE THIS WIN SCENARIO?!

Quote:

Need moar.

Quote:
Siesta in bed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Correction.
My standards are...

See?! That's tough, since I dont go to the Nanoha Image thread.

So I can only attack from the MOE fanservice front...

Quote:
I've recently watched episode 1. And what can I say... Mei is really quite a charmer!

She's a good meld of beautiful and cute. With a very fitting voice.
Oh yeah. She took me completely by surprise with that Chinese dress. I went to another world during that scene and suddenly came back to say "oh yeah, I'm watching Gundam"...

*ahem*

Quote:
That wasn't my point.
I was just jokingly insinuating a distubingly closer relationship due to Hayate being 24 already. As such, it's a whole lot more possible to pursue the romantic angle. Of course, it was a joke.
Phoenix, dont listen to this man. GIVE US THOSE HAWT *radio static* SCENES NAO--

*is shot*

Quote:

Besides, including Tyrfing might very well just be asking for an IMBA in potency-level of the protagonists over the antagonists. The Baptism of Fire scenario shows Aurion trying to fight Knight-style (without much of his illusions) to get a better feel on Tyrfing's handling. As such, he wasn't really doing spectacularly, as he is mostly a ranged-fighter/Mage. And Almaria was excluded from there too. As a later plan on RevivalS, Aurion uses all three devices at once (With a bit of tweaking and my new revelations that allows him to do so. Simply using three devices at once is of course not a walk in the park.) with his preferred fighting style (slightly indirect mid-range tactical) against either Serge or Saga. Needless to say, he's more dangerous than an Exceed Mode Nanoha or a Zamber Mote Fate (not Limit Break) hands down at that point. Not because of the power level, but for the disturbing amount of versatility and tricks he possesses.

Like I said, that's for the Timeline RevivalS is in only. In other timelines, he would never really get to use Tyrfing.
I see, so Tyrfing is RevivalS only.

Quote:
It's MOE fanservice... And I'm loving it!

That girl in the upper position reminds me of Sakura from CCS, though.
She's called Yume, and the pink-haired is Nanaka, in case you wanted to know. But yup, Yume =

Quote:

Okay... That really shocked me... What the holy hell with your daring...
Certainly NSFW.
LOL [Lowe]JUST. AS. PLANNED.[/Lowe]

Quote:
C'mon, don't be a tease.

I'll have to read this later... Still gotta finish Isdera AFTER first, too.

But that SaitoXSiesta pic =
Old 2007-10-26, 16:05   Link #13991
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Quote:
"Detective work"...riiiight.
Why not? Its a viable story. Having every OC in the military is boring no? See how much fun Aurion and Kay enjoys. *plants spy cam in RF6 female baths*

Quote:
I havent watched Nagasarete Airantou yet...is it good?
If you don't mind watching 20+ episodes of harem stuff with almost zero plot and just mindless comedy, do watch it. Otherwise just stick with SnH or HnG, those are way better.

Quote:
LOL

Quote:
Well, its not that I dont like it... I'm just comparing it to other current romance series.

As for the blue girl, no wonder why her voice felt so familiar.
Nothing wrong with it, everyone has their preference. I haven't watch Da Capo II or Kimikiss so I'm not in a position to compare.

Quote:
Whoa, Japanese IME can do that? Where do I get this?
Its built into windows XP. Just go start->control panel->regional and language settings->languages->details->settings.

At settings click add and select "Japanese" for your input language. In the "Advanced" tab, check the first box to make sure it works for programs like word/notepad/etc. Drop me a PM if you can't get it to work.

Quote:
I'll have to ask PF that. Speaking of pic Tear Grant from Tales of the Abyss would make a great Mid-type mage!

Quote:
Riiight... Surely you want Fel for other things...

I dont know what other things you might be thinking of, though...
Why?? Why do you think of me so? I'm not like Chaos!

To be honest her personality just brings a smile to my face, and her seiyuu makes her so cute. I just want to bring that kind of character in to our merry little band of OCs here (wait... it sounded Robin Hood-like for a moment there ).

To add, there's this scene where they were suppose to practice. The mages will attack the fighters, who will have to carry a bulleyes on their head (if I didn't read the text wrongly). Fel was trying to blast it off but Hyaweh kept dodging. She got so frustrated she yelled "MUUUUUKIIIII!! Stop moving!!" I LOL'ed went I saw that scene.

Then it reminded me of Princess Ce' Nedra from David Eddings' books, the Belgariad series to be precise. She starts stomping her foot and yelling at people when they annoy her. Wanna mix that personality into my elf OC.

Booo boo I seem to be going out of topic again?

Quote:

You know, at first I thought her story arc was not going to be interesting (I wanted to get to Oswald and Velvet)...but after a couple chapters...damn, her story rocks.

BTW, no comments on THAT OTHER PIC?!
I was busy wiping off the blood! Anyway I would say the game as a whole is very satisfying, the story is IMO excellent. Every arc is good in its own way, conveying different stories and each giving the character great development.

My favourite will have to be Gwendolyn's arc. Maybe its partially because her seiyuu is none other than Kawasumi Ayako! Being serious here, I find myself being able to relate to her desire to find acceptance in someone. Acceptance in others is what many want, some more than others.

Oswald's arc was good too, but playing it was a pain, due to the framerate of the game slowing down to a crawl all the time. Its especially annoying when I use shadow form.

Mercedes, what can I say? Its Mamiko Noto! That alone scores a big win! Well jokes aside, her arc is my 2nd favourite after Gwen's. Her character development throughout the arc was the best IMO.

Velvet, still in chapter 5 I think. The prophecies for Armageddon and other things are slowly revealed, this arc has a lot of "meat" so to say. Speaking of which I really wish Velvet has more meat. I swear she goes down faster than USB can write his chapters!

Quote:

And this thread will explode in a sea of blood again. *bleeds nose and dies*

Quote:
Actually he did mean novel. ZnT was originally spawned from a series of light novel, just like FMP and many others.

Quote:
Am I the only Ryou supporter here?!
Well don't feel bad just yet. I haven't decide who I like best yet.

Quote:
Dr. Jackal now?! This girl retrieving scenario is getting more and more awesome!!
Sounds interesting. I think I should read GetBackers manga if I intend to take my idea all the way.

Quote:
Crack-induced laughter FTW! (What have I done?! This thread is beyond help! )

Quote:
I'll take them both. :3

I'll take neither. Tabitha go go go! Btw are there translations for the novels around? Can someone direct me to it? By PM of course, just in case this is not allowed.

Quote:
BTW, has the Ar Tonelico 2 artbook been released yet?
Doubt it. The game's not even out yet. But if I'm not wrong its a Visual Data book and not just an artbook. Oh and one of the main female leads is voiced by Koshimizu Ami! Reminds me that I have yet to finish Ar Tonelico 1. Damn my games are piling up.

Just in case, has anyone laid claim on this character?
Spoiler for Tear Grants:

Haven't read Tormenk's piece on Fate's torment (muahaha more puns!). Will do that when I wake up (almost 5am here *sleepy*).

@LimitedEternal: A mage's ranking is the direct class evaluation of said mage's power, in terms of mana capacity, skill, and many others. To say one is SSS is not only saying one is broken, its just too powerful, simple as that. If you go and say your OC is SSS and just pick some stuff to cover up and say its weakness, its rather poor justification and that just doesn't sit well with many of us.

In fact, you never did justify why she has to be so powerful, you only said she isn't indestructible. The stats you gave her, great at melee and range; has great defense and a lot of mana?

Nobody is telling you not to use the character concept you have there. The main problem we have is that level of power she has.

Now for some Prism Ark goodness, from the game that is.
Spoiler for madness @.@:

Pwnzors. If you guys don't get the BGM joke, I'll explain later when I wake up. Its more interesting to leave people curious. ^_^

Last edited by FieryAeon; 2007-10-26 at 16:15.
Old 2007-10-26, 16:14   Link #13992
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormturmoil View Post
two words...Black Market.

This is something that the STAB wouldn't rather than couldn't do.
Highly unlikely with the slightest of controls, how many people do you see running around US or European or Japaneses streets with rocket launchers for instance? It's rare to even find hand grenades for Christ sake!

Quote:
The STABs agenda is basically to monopolise all lethal force level power into STAB mages. If nobody else can have power, nobody can oppose their power. If nobody can oppose power, then nobody can become powerful enough for AlHazard or Belkan War type destructive infighting, genocide/ethnic cleansing, wars of aggression, political revolution etc.
A policy that's already flawed and impossible as we see rouge mages all the time.

Quote:
Devices like these could undermine that. If the Cartridge system on these things is, truly, just magic bullets (hence needs no magical ability on the users part...) then the STAB likely wouldn't manufacture or issue, them, knowing that if they do, word WILL get out, They WILL get copied...and bunches of anti-STAB revolutionaries WILL stomp on them with magical AK armed superior numbers.
You're right it udnermines it, and that comes up and is quickly dismissed as old thinking that has no place in the situation the TSAB finds itself in. When these go into mass use the TSAB will be fucked up thousands of mages dead, entire worlds effectively blockaded and lost to the enemy, no way to replace losses at the rates being taken without resorting to "mass based" systems, the entire TSAB army will change in this story it with morph from glorified light infantry police force into a true military with mages a component, but not the be all end all.

Quote:
from what we've seen in StrikerS, the STAB is basically a power monopolising police state, a form of benevolent despotism that keeps power to itself, outlaws things that might threaten that power (like the ban on purely scientific rather magical influenced civilisation, including the illegality of technologised weapons), and seeks to maintain a highly unbalanced staus quo in favour of itself.
Arguable, my version of the TSAB is somewhat more like tight nit European Union, individual planets still retain significant power and infighting is actually rather common, though not in the warfare sense, but the political sense. Further we see the TSAB fielding some tanks and such in StrikerS so the conventional weapons being "Illegal" probably only applies to anyone without state sanction.

Quote:
An 'independence war' is quite possible, and even likely if non-mage reliant device weapons become available. Heck, Jails tied already, and he's only the tip of the iceberg, to say nothing of the flashbacks of Zest and Regious and whoever the terrorists with the bombings were...

in other words, if these weapons are developed, they'd need to be created such that no non-STAB person, mage or otherwise (especially otherwise) could ever get them to work, ever, under any circumstances, or copy any part of them at all.
Or not, since the entire point of this story is to whomp the TSAB into realizing that it’s a big universe and restricting huge portions of the playbook and trying to control everything won’t work. If all goes as planned the TSAB is going to get an, IMO, much needed shock to the system regarding it’s backward polices.

This enemy won’t play by the TSAB rules; they’ll play by their rules. The TSAB will need to adapt or facing crippling losses and possible disaster. I’m tired of this “tiny handful of heroes saves the day!” Bullshit, my story will focus on large scale interplanetary warfare; this isn’t going to be some little gang the TSAB just needs to hunt down and then overwhelm with numbers, this is going to be a full fledged opposing nation state, oh don’t get me wrong the TSAB is going to try and go the old route at first, and they’re going to get slaughtered.

The old ways get discarded fast when mountains of casualties reports start coming home, the TSAB is going to begin a crash re-militarization very quickly directed by the few units and worlds that still retain some martial traditions and conventional warfare experience. Perhaps this maybe their own downfall and perhaps it will open a Pandora's box, but short term needs will outweigh longterm problems, besides attempting to restrict technological progress is a futile struggle, as long as will and desire exist it's going to happen. Another minor theme I want to touch on that.

The increasing mechanization and depersonalization of war as the TSAB revs up into a war footing will be another factor I want to explore, how the age of the lone heroic mage or small band saving the planet from some random alien artifact is dying and being replaced by an age where divisions of soldiers and tanks fight battles that ravage nations and ships burn dozen of miles of ground from orbit regularity. The TSAB "dream" is going to wither under the weight of the reality that the presence of other multi-world states will demand a large and well equipped army and all the problems that brings.

Internal differences and factionalism inside the state will flare over the burden of the affair and even non-administered worlds will be drawn into the conflict as the TSAB is strained nearly to the breaking point.

More backlog later, this just stuck out at me.
Old 2007-10-26, 16:15   Link #13993
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Will use in my scenario as well. But this time, Aurion's going to be knocking some confidence back into her head!

Here's some parts...

Spoiler for snippets:
Oooh. Curiosity burning.

Quote:

Spoiler:
I can smell a rivarly brewing between Astra and Phanan.

Quote:
[rant]First, I ran the idea of "SSS" by you lot a while back. Did I hear anyone say it was illegal? Eh? EH? I didn't think so.

Second, on that, I have a fairly subjective view of ranks. I fail to see how SSS is that much more broken than some of the SS stuff we toss around here. We have a canon character, Hayate, who's SS without limiter. Topping that, we have OCs who can do broken things as well.

Third, I specifically went out of my way to make sure she isn't indestructible. I rewrote about a third of the character just so she can be on some footing with canon. Just because you can planeswalk doesn't make you "broken."

Fourth, I did this for the pure and simple reason that I wanted to. Did you really think I was gonna have her start popping into every story, leaving only peaceful resolutions behind? She's a work of my imagination, and that's all.
[/Rant]

Bottom line: If you actually read more into her, she's not that broken. Again, I tried really hard to keep her on a workable level.
If you like, I can withdraw her and pretend none of this happened, but I really don't want to. I had a planeswalker in progress for a while, and I just wanted to make her.

Truce?
But you did hear us say that we did want a few very very good reasons, even more so if she's a protagist. You gave us none.

The point is, the Aces are the cream of the crop in TSAB terms, and here we have a character who is not only immortal (even if only for age, this is very far-fetched), but also a planewalker. Yes, you 'nerfed' them, but they still have the abillity to basically escape any single dangerous situation they're in. That on its own is overpowered.

Next, her skills. She basically excells at everything! Melee, ranged, magic power, everything has 'high' or 'exellent' with the only exception agillity, which is 'good' basically she has no weak spot, and yet you still claim that she is not broken?

As for the fourth point, why wouldn't we expect that? That's the entire reason you post here is it not? If you post a character here, we expect to see more of her. Therefore, if you post a character here, expect us to comment on it if we think she will destroy the limits set by canon.

Bottom line: You tried to keep her workable, but you didn't suceed. Lyria would have no trouble beating all the Aces at once with her hands behind her back the way you typed her out.

Quote:

And thus Yuri pairings invaded the OC-thread.

The Legion must be laughing their heads of right now.

Quote:
Yeah, same here. Though instead of Kyou, I prefer Ryou (if I get the names right, Ryou should be the short-haired one ).
Yup, Ryou is the short haired one. I prefer Kyou though, dunno why. I seem to have a thing for tsunderes lately.

Quote:
I guess Kimikiss' art is simpler than others, yeah. I do recommend the anime itself, though, if you feel like giving it a try.
I tried the first episode, but it failed to keep me. Art is very important for me, and Kimikiss just, well, did nothing for me.

Quote:
Regarding Da Capo, no you dont. Da Capo II's cast is completely new, so no returning characters whatsoever. There are a few links to previous characters, but I dont think its important to know them. The first season was kinda meh anyway, and the second, called Second Graduation/Story, was pretty fun, but still not necessary to watch this.
Then it's on my download list now.

Quote:

I disagree that a Linker Core is simply a fuel provider. Sure, it does provide the fuel, but I believe that it is only one of the functions. Looking back at A's, absorbing a Linker Core could give the Yami no Sho information on any spell the victim had cast, or knew how to cast. This suggests that Linker Cores do, in fact, have a lot more to do with casting spells. If they were only mana bateries, then such knowledge should not have been drainable through them.

It also conflicts with the TSAB's ideals to move away from conventional weapons. Fate's words suggest that the TSAB abhoars weapons that can be used without training. 'Even a kid could push a button and destroy a world' and if your devices don't need a Linker Core to be used, that's just what is a possibility, anyone can pick one up and start shooting.

Last edited by Keroko; 2007-10-26 at 16:44.
Old 2007-10-26, 17:17   Link #13994
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
But you did hear us say that we did want a few very very good reasons, even more so if she's a protagist. You gave us none.

The point is, the Aces are the cream of the crop in TSAB terms, and here we have a character who is not only immortal (even if only for age, this is very far-fetched), but also a planewalker. Yes, you 'nerfed' them, but they still have the abillity to basically escape any single dangerous situation they're in. That its own is overpowered.

Next, her skills. She basically excells at everything! Melee, ranged, magic power, everything has 'high' or 'exellent' with the only exception agillity, which is 'good' basically she has no weak spot, and yet you still claim that she is not broken?

As for the fourth point, why wouldn't we expect that? That's the entire reason you post here is it not? If you post a character here, we expect to see more of her. Therefore, if you post a character here, expect us to comment on it if we think she will destroy the limits set by canon.

Bottom line: You tried to keep her workable, but you didn't suceed. Lyria would have no trouble beating all the Aces at once with her hands behind her back the way you typed her out.
I humbly admit my error and have takes steps to tone her down. She's still who she was, but I took her power level down a few pegs. Balancing, it seems, is not one of my strong points...I'm three for three so far

You gotta know, I like the concept and wanted to bring a little shock value in, but I guess I overdid it.

So, can we call a truce now? *extends hand*
Old 2007-10-26, 17:53   Link #13995
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Highly unlikely with the slightest of controls, how many people do you see running around US or European or Japaneses streets with rocket launchers for instance? It's rare to even find hand grenades for Christ sake!

A policy that's already flawed and impossible as we see rouge mages all the time.

You're right it udnermines it, and that comes up and is quickly dismissed as old thinking that has no place in the situation the TSAB finds itself in. When these go into mass use the TSAB will be fucked up thousands of mages dead, entire worlds effectively blockaded and lost to the enemy, no way to replace losses at the rates being taken without resorting to "mass based" systems, the entire TSAB army will change in this story it with morph from glorified light infantry police force into a true military with mages a component, but not the be all end all.

Arguable, my version of the TSAB is somewhat more like tight nit European Union, individual planets still retain significant power and infighting is actually rather common, though not in the warfare sense, but the political sense. Further we see the TSAB fielding some tanks and such in StrikerS so the conventional weapons being "Illegal" probably only applies to anyone without state sanction.

Or not, since the entire point of this story is to whomp the TSAB into realizing that it’s a big universe and restricting huge portions of the playbook and trying to control everything won’t work. If all goes as planned the TSAB is going to get an, IMO, much needed shock to the system regarding it’s backward polices.

This enemy won’t play by the TSAB rules; they’ll play by their rules. The TSAB will need to adapt or facing crippling losses and possible disaster. I’m tired of this “tiny handful of heroes saves the day!” Bullshit, my story will focus on large scale interplanetary warfare; this isn’t going to be some little gang the TSAB just needs to hunt down and then overwhelm with numbers, this is going to be a full fledged opposing nation state, oh don’t get me wrong the TSAB is going to try and go the old route at first, and they’re going to get slaughtered.

The old ways get discarded fast when mountains of casualties reports start coming home, the TSAB is going to begin a crash re-militarization very quickly directed by the few units and worlds that still retain some martial traditions and conventional warfare experience. Perhaps this maybe their own downfall and perhaps it will open a Pandora's box, but short term needs will outweigh longterm problems, besides attempting to restrict technological progress is a futile struggle, as long as will and desire exist it's going to happen. Another minor theme I want to touch on that.

The increasing mechanization and depersonalization of war as the TSAB revs up into a war footing will be another factor I want to explore, how the age of the lone heroic mage or small band saving the planet from some random alien artifact is dying and being replaced by an age where divisions of soldiers and tanks fight battles that ravage nations and ships burn dozen of miles of ground from orbit regularity. The TSAB "dream" is going to wither under the weight of the reality that the presence of other multi-world states will demand a large and well equipped army and all the problems that brings.

Internal differences and factionalism inside the state will flare over the burden of the affair and even non-administered worlds will be drawn into the conflict as the TSAB is strained nearly to the breaking point.

More backlog later, this just stuck out at me.
So basically, your next story will throw everything that is canon out the window, turning the TSAB from a short-handed magical bureau into a far more mechanized millitary.

Wow, that certainly is a strange move, coming from you.

Awefully familiar too. You might want to re-think this.
Old 2007-10-26, 18:14   Link #13996
Tormenk

Back after 4 hours of sleep to wake at 6am over here..

Quote:

Lovely girls on the beach. Thumbs up. ("b)

Quote:
PF has yet to give her a material form in a picture.

Quote:
Nice.

I wonder if Mai will be able to contain her hidden desires after seeing Smith like that...though she's pretty busy with Gwen and Iris right now...

*ahem*
I'm sure Mai has alot of self-control.

Not too sure after drinking all that potion though.

Quote:

Erio's pulling out all the stops.

Quote:
W...? w...w...wet?

W..w...Wesson dude.

Quote:
That's a small peek? It's a whole new world out there then.

Quote:
Ah, I see. As long as there is some hawt and steamy Siesta and Henrietta fanservice, I'm fine with it.

Judging from Nighty's posted translations, there's plenty of that.

Although the novels simply put the anime to shame. Everything is more in-depth and even the fan-service serves a strong point in the story.

Quote:
I think you got the essence about there. Tk's going to bring his entire regiment down on future h4xxed characters.

Quote:
Or bloody.

Quote:
He could have done better if he hadnt trapped Fate in that cage...but instead tied her up in ways with his threads...

*ahem*
Ahhh! Erio I swear you've been switched to Chaos' side. All that nudging about Fate is making me go

Maybe I should try my hand at a scene soon.

*runs*

Quote:
FA's going down in history for bringing the onionhead craze to Outer-Canaan.

Quote:
Phoenix, dont listen to this man. GIVE US THOSE HAWT *radio static* SCENES NAO--

*is shot*
Erio has fallen to the dark side.

Quote:

The irony of it.

Quote:
Why not? Its a viable story. Having every OC in the military is boring no? See how much fun Aurion and Kay enjoys. *plants spy cam in RF6 female baths*
Nano4koma Vice just called. He wants his voyeur self back.

Quote:
Why?? Why do you think of me so? I'm not like Chaos!

To be honest her personality just brings a smile to my face, and her seiyuu makes her so cute. I just want to bring that kind of character in to our merry little band of OCs here (wait... it sounded Robin Hood-like for a moment there ).

To add, there's this scene where they were suppose to practice. The mages will attack the fighters, who will have to carry a bulleyes on their head (if I didn't read the text wrongly). Fel was trying to blast it off but Hyaweh kept dodging. She got so frustrated she yelled "MUUUUUKIIIII!! Stop moving!!" I LOL'ed went I saw that scene.

Then it reminded me of Princess Ce' Nedra from David Eddings' books, the Belgariad series to be precise. She starts stomping her foot and yelling at people when they annoy her. Wanna mix that personality into my elf OC.

Booo boo I seem to be going out of topic again?
Well not too much. Characterization at the very least.

Quote:
And this thread will explode in a sea of blood again. *bleeds nose and dies*
Weak.

Quote:
Just in case, has anyone laid claim on this character?
Spoiler for Tear Grants:
You've struck gold with this. I like what I see. Don't think she's taken.

Quote:
Haven't read Tormenk's piece on Fate's torment (muahaha more puns!). Will do that when I wake up (almost 5am here *sleepy*).
You and your puns. The last one I laughed at was the fighter planes joke. XD

Leave your comments at the door before you go.

Old 2007-10-26, 18:38   Link #13997
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Put the claws away, man.
[Rant]
First, I ran the idea of "SSS" by you lot a while back. Did I hear anyone say it was illegal? Eh? EH? I didn't think so.
I'm pretty sure words like "week old dog shit" where used in reference to that idea by me at least, that ought to say what I thought of the idea. I take an innocent until proven guilty approach though, so until you actually posted the offended char I didn't comment on it directly on the off chance it might somehow look justifiable, but it dosen't.

Quote:
My issue is that rank are NOT linear from what we see at all, a few rank increases is a massive power differential just look at the sheer scale of the bombardment Hayate was throwing out for instance, dozens hell hundreds of supposedly A tanked line troops couldn't have matched that sort of power. Plus Hayate is limited in her powers, this character can do damn near anything well.

Quote:
No but huge numbers of powerful skill, massive amounts of raw power, and effective immortality do.

Quote:
[/Ran n
She's a work of yours that needs to fit into the work of others, she dosen't, at all. You forfeit the right to do whatever the hell you want when you decide to exist in someone else's canon, it's that simple. As written now she's so monstrously powerful their isn't really a single group of OC she could interact with and not instantly eliminate any drama.

Quote:

Truce?
Oh I read the whole thing and she's still broken, end of story. You might have tried, but you failed. The idea is probably salvageable, but this "god like ancient" shit needs to go pronto.
Quote:
It takes a degree of liberty on some things unknown to canon, but other than what other had already said, it's all good.

Of course, this and TSAB does not compute in some degree, but I blame StrikerS for making TSAB look like a bunch of asshats on this case.
I agree to a point actually the conflict of ideas and values will come up, I just find the idea that every planet in the TSAB just rolls over and accepts their arbitrary often stupid rules unlikely they might be been following them somewhat, but I bet many of them chafe under them and secretly engage in various technically "illegal" pursuits. Jail supports this in a way, at least some of the people in the TSAB clearly aren't enamored of it's current policy and that will come up as well as we start to see that despite what the TSAB might perch in it's propaganda the TSAB isn't one big happy family where we all get along and agree on things for our benefits.

Quote:
Wow... I wish I knew even a quart of what was written here to create a dossier that's believable!

Like Keroko pointed out, this 20 cart loading is disturbing given canon revelations. But your subsequent justification is exactly how I first thought the cartridge system to be, specialized mana injectors, which was the basis of the 10 cart Gotteliches Zamber spell. And the canon revelations are the ones that really don't make sense, other than my take of the device being connected to the person's magic circuit somehow, which again has no basis in canon and is nothing more than fans trying to make sense of something that wasn't explained.

Using the Linker Core's definition from the DVD factbooks:

"...Linker Cores link mana in the atmosphere and surroundings to convert mana into a form that is usable by the mage..."

This is similar to how the body processes glucose and sugars into usable "energy currency". Which either means that the process needed is so small and complicated that special and thus fragile systems are needed to replicate the linking system one for one, or bar really l33t nanotechnology needs to be done at a large scale in order to be efficient.

The latter point btw is the basis of my giant mage walker devices. They are basically enlarged iron Linking furn--

Amuro: Don't discuss confidential information in public.

...Right... Pardon my reference habit.

But of course the basis of argument is at which level of technology is the TSAB at regarding iron Linker Cores. Can they feasibly build something small enough to be a rifle on a mass scale to be issued to an active fighting unit? Granted we've been throwing power suits around acceptably in the OC thread; the Zaku system is my closest attempt at addressing this problem like you and that's why I think the mana injection principle of cartridges is believable, though we need a bit more caveats to fully reconcile it with canon.

And we must also remember, Kerykeion is a canon mana storage and management device. Probably by looking at what was described in its factbook entry again, we can work out something for the Rangers in this aspect.

I'll leave the judgement to the floor. Either way, using this as a base, I can build a dossier for another force designed practically to EPIC FAIL from the ground up (like every other thing that broke down on 911), the pre-911 Saint Guard. I hope you don't mind Tk.

Yeah the Imperium hates WARM and FUZZY.
Well my reply would be that the energy in a cartridge is already refined and ready for use so the need to convert it wouldn’t be a property of the device, the device would merely be required to unleash the stored energy. That said the forms it can do that in are limited by technical issues, basiclly it can only do the simplest of spells which are shooting ones as this is little more then just firing a barely contained blob of magical energy at the target, finer manipulation like illusions or healing are totally beyond it’s means, though ought to be possible in the future (far future).

Basically while some people are taking magic more toward the fantasy side of things I’m going the other direction and making it more technologically based. Like I said I view magic as a highly adaptable energy source, but ultimately still just that an energy source that can be manipulated and controlled like any other with sufficient expertise. The techno-magic aspect was what really drew me in as I’ve discussed before so it only makes sense I'd emphasis it over spiritualism or human-centric nonsense.

In my story the hard fact is humans aren't special and we aren't required, that's harsh, but that's how it is. Luckily for us though humans are still mighty cheap and plentiful so we still have our place in war. This is carried over from my own personal philosophy regrading humanity in general which is something like. "Don't think we're more important then we really are and don't over think us too much as in the end we're still just really smart monkeys and often act like them too."(yes I know it's apes, but monkeys sounds better as they are associated with more stupid behavior =p)

As for taking ideas, as I've said take what you want I consider having written something good enough for someone to want to steal it a compliment myself.
Quote:
Terminators?

Suffer not the Furry to Live?
Beastmen actually. Yes 40k has Furries... real ones.

Quote:
Not everyday do you see a profile dedicated to an entire Regiment... but DAMN, is is quite the motherload of detail

Everything from philosophy, to training and selection (sounds even worse than SEALS ) is covered.
Write ups are something I find easy, more so about a subject I like plus large bits of it are drawn from RL practices which helped and make sense since int he story this unit was inspired by many roughly modern day Special Forces. After all it's not just Knights and ancient things that can spawn traditions and inspire people. Besides with all this crazy fantasy and spiritual stuff flying around we could use a good old fashion dose of practical militarism IMO.

Quote:
And their BJ is

Ukitakumuki dose some incredible work, one of my fav artists and he just keeps getting better.

Quote:

Indeed, though I'm sort of guilty in that I invented an alternate earth... At least I altered the history though and made it an official administered planet so it make sense mages would come from it.

Quote:
Nice adaption Although if the TSAB is on the case of these guys, I wonder what they they'll think when I fully go into the training regimen for enforcers, which I was going to base off the SAS or other similar unit... My idea's were pretty similar to yours I would say... just that I'm dealing more on the squad level rather than the number's that you're using.
Yeah as mentioned Ranger are highly trained shock troops they only go in when heavy combat is expected and specialize in high risk assaults often from the air (orbit), just like real rangers and anything less then a Platoon of them would be unusual. You're talking more like Delta Force or indeed the SAS, a sometimes overt, but also often covert true Special Forces unit. If you want some ideas I'd look into reading up on SAS operations in Northern Ireland, BlackHawk down is also a nice thing to get a feel for the difference between elite infantry like Rangers and true "Special Forces" like Delta's and their is a difference.

As I said the Ranger are the striking arm of my OC force, when a target is confirmed and too heavily defended for an A-team to deal with they get the call to deal with it. The other competent is the mentioned A-teams these are what my OC propers are they're small teams that often work under covering doing recon, investigations, etc and sometimes small scale assaults and often working in conjunction with the ranger on bigger missions. Different, but complimentary missions just like Green Berets or Delta force and Rangers in the modern army. If Special Forces are a scalpel, Rangers are a combat knife, and the regular army is longsword.

Quote:
No problems with canon integration from me...since they're from the same place as the rest of your blood thirsty savages..
Yeah well someones gotta hold down the "Militant" end of the spectrum here, and I seem to like it so...

Quote:
Correction.
My standards are...

Fan service dose nothing for me either, that's why I haven't really commented on the Halloween thing, no real interest. I'll actually fast froward past pointless fan service for instance and most just role my eyes and ask them to get on with plot, or character interaction, or hell anything besides pointless pandering. I don't write fan service either because of this obviously so anyone that wants that is in for a disappointment with my works.

Quote:
Whoa... I just knew this was going to be an interestingly long read. The ideas are great. I can actually see them fitting well. Nice work!
Well I tried to keep it close to canon while do what I wanted to do, get a force modeled on RL SF into this. Glad that they don't seem totally out of place.

Quote:
I can use some of these theories. Thanks!
Pillage at will.

Quote:
Could be a Terity opertional directive I suppose.

Quote:
@LimitedEternal: A mage's ranking is the direct class evaluation of said mage's power, in terms of mana capacity, skill, and many others. To say one is SSS is not only saying one is broken, its just too powerful, simple as that. If you go and say your OC is SSS and just pick some stuff to cover up and say its weakness, its rather poor justification and that just doesn't sit well with many of us.

In fact, you never did justify why she has to be so powerful, you only said she isn't indestructible. The stats you gave her, great at melee and range; has great defense and a lot of mana?

Nobody is telling you not to use the character concept you have there. The main problem we have is that level of power she has.
Exactly, you can't go "Rank SSS" and go a second later, but not really! The ranking is a composite of various factors to give a rouge guide of a persons power. You can't be SSS, but not really be uber anymore then you can rank F and not a total gimp, and as mentioned even the skills you have her where extremely versatile and powerful as well.

Quote:

The point is, the Aces are the cream of the crop in TSAB terms, and here we have a character who is not only immortal (even if only for age, this is very far-fetched), but also a planewalker. Yes, you 'nerfed' them, but they still have the abillity to basically escape any single dangerous situation they're in. That on its own is overpowered.

Yep.

Quote:

A little Yuri isn't bad, just as long as you get some pork in you're diet too.

Quote:
I disagree that a Linker Core is simply a fuel provider. Sure, it does provide the fuel, but I believe that it is only one of the functions. Looking back at A's, absorbing a Linker Core could give the Yami no Sho information on any spell the victim had cast, or knew how to cast. This suggests that Linker Cores do, in fact, have a lot more to do with casting spells. If they were only mana bateries, then such knowledge should not have been drainable through them.
Debatable, even then the main purpose was shown to be fueling the book, and given that said book could dematerialize people and such assuming it was drawing that information from the linker core is circumstantial at best, it could be tearing from the device or the persons mind as well.

Plus you suggest it has something more to do with it? Then what is that something exactly? It's easy to say it ought to do something, but if you can't say what then it's not exactly a better theory then my own of a Linker Core simply being an organ that can generate and replenish mana, nothing more, no spiritual non-sense or anything with it.

Quote:
It also conflicts with the TSAB's ideals to move away from conventional weapons. Fate's words suggest that the TSAB abhoars weapons that can be used without training. 'Even a kid could push a button and destroy a world'
Fate is also an overly idealistic ninny in someways IMO, more so given that later we see the TSAB deploying fucking tanks, never mind helicopters, and of course warships that can vaporise cites with the push of a button. It seems Fate didn't just drink the cool-aid she chugged it.
Quote:
and if your devices don't need a Linker Core to be used, that's just what is a possibility, anyone can pick one up and start shooting.
Which is the point, this entire "no guns!!!" thing is absurd, hypocritical (mages blow up entire city blocks that's coo, JDAM? ZOMG EVVVVVIIILLLLLLL!!!! *TSAB holds fingers in a cross before them*), and unsustainable in the face of any serious threat. Well that threat's come bashing through the TSAB front door and it has a shotgun, now they better either go get their's or prepare to get raped. Ideals have this nasty habit of being tossed away when they become a nuisance; welcome to the real world.

Also it's kind of a plot point, but the fact was that a number of worlds had been conspiring to keep certain areas of weapons manufacturing active and R&D ongoing (this is one such effort), illegal, but they felt it in there interests to do it. Ironiclly this "illegal" activity ends up helping the TSAB. They'll go even further during the story as well, Jail may have been crazy, but he was awfully smart too... and we've got all the Cyborgs in jail, wonder if they might like to knock a few years off their sentences? Etc...

I consider the TSAB to be a dysfunctional mess that needs a good smacking to straighten out, the smack is about to land, hard, and the TSAB won't be the same afterwards. This is basically a closely fanon AU as should be pretty clear now. I like realism and the way the TSAB acts isn't real at all, I'm going to fix that.

Last edited by Tk3997; 2007-10-26 at 18:52.
Old 2007-10-26, 20:35   Link #13998
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
We've gone past the 700 page. So are we prepared for the coveted 777? Of course I'd take 707 for me.

=============

Quote:

HAWT YURI SECKS FTW!!!

Quote:
MASAfira was WINRAR as expected! <3

And kudos for squeezing everyone into a single frame, USB.

S&W as WHO TEY ARE?! DO WANT!!!
Throwing everyone in one post is already hard enough, yo. but thanks.

I better do the S&W as WHO THEY ARE?! after this.

*cue Happily Ever After*

===============

Quote:
Mai's theme of clothing IS 'modern gothic'...

And Mai's secret world is already crowded enough...

What?

*runs*
Well, Mai's welcomed to Frieda's secret world anytime.

What?

*runs*

Quote:
So... Smith will become this then?

Spoiler for "It's a fair fight then.":

AND, no hero should be without an OP:

Spoiler for Uchuu no Umi:

Quote:
Quick! Hide the cat girls!!!

=========

Quote:
WHEE! Finished the exam! Lotsa delicious backlog to fill up my appetite as well! But before I start devouring... Let me post the link for the song, Eiyuu, first.

Here's the link.

Jaa~...

ITADAKIMASU!!!
Naisu!!

==============

Quote:
And the battle continues!!

Shame that Widuri = Lacus didn't happen, but I'll take singing as a substitute...

And yet more Ginga action... when did the fanboys decide Ginga was... hot/moe/cute/whatever the hell she is?

This is shaping up to be LOOONG... four or five parts maybe.

And Vita = Maki, much better than Vita = Luna...
Well, I try not to have it too long as I still have the battle scene to do.

Yeah, it's a shame. Well, there's always the Christmas Party.

==================

Quote:
Correction.
My standards are...

Quote:
Simply put, this is the most LOLtastic cosplay episode yet!

Several thumbs-up!

THE COSPLAY PARTY IS MADE OF ALL TYPES OF WIN!!!
My hands got splinters while typing it down. You should give them credits.

MORE TO COME!!!!
  • Smith & Wesson as WHO THEY ARE??!!!
  • more Gemini fan service
  • Armstrong/Arcas (friendly) encounter
  • the arrival of "Mamono wo Utsu Mono" and her anteater plush doll.

Quote:
Oh dear... The crack...

We've lost him...

=====================

Quote:
This...is made of...EPIC WIN!!!

So much awesomeness...I can't wait for the next installment .
I hope you won't abuse Shamsel too much .
Will do.

==========

Quote:

Quote:

*ahem*

*plugs nostrils*

Gwen & Mai doing THIS and THAT in PRIVATE?

Quote:
Small peek, you say?

Quote:
Dere-dere G-Ginga-nessama...?!
Old 2007-10-26, 20:40   Link #13999
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Damn, nobody noticed my character's renditions...
that happens alot in here

Quote:
You ain't seen nothing yet, this girl beats the entire Nanoha cast in leeching SRW moves.

Spoiler for Phantom Phoenix? Sure:

Spoiler for Jinrai? No problem:

Spoiler for A sword that cleaves evil? Here we go:
ZOMGZ THIS IS PURE WIN

Quote:
Why?? WHY???? I was only taking a 3 hour nap and I come back to a mountain of posts!
Don't complain I wasn't here for two days

Quote:
WIN indeed!
That's Eiyuu (Hero) by the band DOA. The 1st OP of Ultraman Nexus.

Here's the translation, courtesy of an old PM of Chaos.

Spoiler for Japanese Version:

Spoiler for English Version:

Here's the website...

http://www.virtual-rotation.com/chir...3ultranxs.html

The lyrics fit quite well.

And since I'm at it... Here's a version of it starring Yuuno!
I didn't know MAD's made using Nanoha and A's would be this GOOD!

Quote:
And about the OS-tan thing...here
Spoiler for Vista-tan?:
I didn't notice the windows icon at first when i saw her shirt and i knew the colours were similar to something i seen before then it dawned upon me it was the windows icon, i took a second look and i was right

Quote:
Happiness
So far, the only character being used is Jun
I wanted to bring in Yuma as the big bro but I couldn't find images of it so I used a pic I reservered earlier

Quote:
Finally someone who noticed I was missing
Flame missing is not that noticeable since he's always missing

Quote:
*sigh* Well, that's all
I'll go work on chapter 20 now...
*runs*
Chapter 20 = the busy days u were talking about?

14000 post claimer

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
Old 2007-10-26, 20:42   Link #14000
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
14000 post claimer
Spam Post = Fail.
Closed Thread