AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ichika 14 7.69%
Nino 30 16.48%
Miku 95 52.20%
Yotsuba 23 12.64%
Itsuki 18 9.89%
Other 2 1.10%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-12-13, 12:33   Link #1401
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
What we have seen and heard about Fuutarou meeting the Kyoto girl so far pointed towards the direction of a one time chance meeting for few hours at best. Yotsuba mentioning she already wanted to be friends with the boy, then Ichika chatting with him a day later doesn't make sense. We have seen kid Fuutarou's and his classmates' arrival in Kyoto, so there is no place for Yotsuba seeing him before, unless retcon or a conveniently missing detail happens.
We not sure how long is the trip thought. Usually trip last few days so chance are they meet in multiple days.

If that is the case chance are.
He meet all quintuplet but in different time and location and fuutarou didn't know this. At same time the Quint didn't know/forget that they meet with same boy.
EXCEPT for Yotsuba since she remember it unlike Ichika

So this kind make me think that Yotsuba remember him being the boy in Kyoto and she is Rena.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-13, 12:49   Link #1402
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Yep. There is a strong chance that all 5 of them met him in the past. But the girl who remembers Fuu from the past is gotta be Itsuki or Yotsuba. Ichika is in the grey zone where she might be lying. Miku and Nino are out of question unless I am missing something. Both genuinely don't seem like hiding it that they only ever met the high schooler version of Fuutarou. At least up until this point of the story.
Old 2018-12-13, 13:13   Link #1403
WingedAccelerator

The Kyoto girl was more than likely searched for Papa Nakano, when she said that she is looking for someone. We saw that she ended up leaving with him. This means that it was a family trip for the Nakanos, while kid Fuutarou's class trip was a totally unrelated event to this, so the chances for multiple days and encounters are even lower for both party. Or even impossible.

Also, even if Fuutarou met all of them (BTW, I'm against it personally), what matters to him emotionally is the girl from the photo, his savior. It would be Nisekoi and the promised girl's mystery all over again.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-13, 13:40   Link #1404
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanimebib View Post
Yep. There is a strong chance that all 5 of them met him in the past. But the girl who remembers Fuu from the past is gotta be Itsuki or Yotsuba. Ichika is in the grey zone where she might be lying. Miku and Nino are out of question unless I am missing something. Both genuinely don't seem like hiding it that they only ever met the high schooler version of Fuutarou. At least up until this point of the story.
We do know Nino meet him since she barely remember his old look. We still dont know about Miku and Itsuki. Thought itsuki case she might also barely remember during her talk about the charm

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
The Kyoto girl was more than likely searched for Papa Nakano, when she said that she is looking for someone. We saw that she ended up leaving with him. This means that it was a family trip for the Nakanos, while kid Fuutarou's class trip was a totally unrelated event to this, so the chances for multiple days and encounters are even lower for both party. Or even impossible.

Also, even if Fuutarou met all of them (BTW, I'm against it personally), what matters to him emotionally is the girl from the photo, his savior. It would be Nisekoi and the promised girl's mystery all over again.

what bother me is this. Girl and Futarou meet him in Kyoto Station then Next scene they are in Shrine which seem to be Kiyomizu Dera. This is not exactly near and consider how close knit the sibling I doubt one willing to go with random person alone without near others. Most probably she appear then gone then appear again in different location which might give impression that she is one person when she is not. Also this part sound like coming form different girl instead same one.

Honestly i dont particularly care about who is the the girl fuutarou meet. since we know that what matter more is present than in the past. If past matter more, then we see more childhood friend winning in romance

Old 2018-12-13, 14:09   Link #1405
DJBlitzkrieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
We do know Nino meet him since she barely remember his old look. We still dont know about Miku and Itsuki. Thought itsuki case she might also barely remember during her talk about the charm
I took this scene as Nino recognizing the similarities between Fuutarou and the little kid from the photo rather than some lost childhood memores coming back to her. A hint of what would be the eventual Kintarou debacle between them.

Last edited by DJBlitzkrieg; 2018-12-13 at 17:59.
DJBlitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-13, 23:54   Link #1406
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBlitzkrieg View Post
I took this scene as Nino recognizing the similarities between Fuutarou and the little kid from the photo rather than some lost childhood memores coming back to her. A hint of what would be the eventual Kintarou debacle between them.
She said 5 years ago thought

Old 2018-12-14, 01:38   Link #1407
DJBlitzkrieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
She said 5 years ago thought
The one that brought up the charms from 5 years ago was Itsuki, I'm specifically talking about Nino.
Old 2018-12-14, 03:43   Link #1408
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

^I think RRW is referring to Nino here. But then again, the 5 years part Nino mentions could be the borrowed information from Fuutarou so I am not sure it counts. Even if she met him, she had long forgotten about him.
Old 2018-12-14, 04:54   Link #1409
DJBlitzkrieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanimebib View Post
^I think RRW is referring to Nino here. But then again, the 5 years part Nino mentions could be the borrowed information from Fuutarou so I am not sure it counts. Even if she met him, she had long forgotten about him.
RRW said that Nino met him as a kid based on that moment where she said that little Fuutarou looked familiar to her, my post was in response to that.
Old 2018-12-14, 11:09   Link #1410
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

So far, Kyoto Girl could be only one of two people: Ichika or Itsuki. Kyoto girl wanted to set an example for the quints, which means either it is Ichika who is taking on the 'eldest sister' role, or Itsuki with her 'trying to be like mom' role. Of the two Itsuki is more probable, because it's been established that Itsuki still is bad with directions and gets lost easily, which may explain why Kyoto Girl wasn't with the rest of her sisters at that time.

We don't know how Miku and Nino were as kids, but Yotsuba is way out in terms of characterization (SAD T_T). Yotsuba is a MAJOR follower as a teen during high school, and it was established this chapter she wasn't much different as a kid (if you take it at face value - master manipulator 4d chessmaster Yotsuba notwithstanding). It doesn't make sense her to be the Kyoto Girl, unless Kyoto Girl was really Kyoto GirlS.

As for the quints each meeting Fuu, it's been speculated that was the case early on in the manga, but with what we know so far, highly unlikely. It was already a chance meeting (although admittedly I LOVE these 'fated encounters' XD) and so far the meeting is portrayed as happening during a single afternoon/evening, as Papa Nakano did pick up Kyoto Girl in the end. What are the odds of ANOTHER quint being randomly lost and randomly meeting Fuu the next day?

Then again, this is the same author that has Miku randomly shopping in a grocery store closer to Fuu's, randomly meeting him there, randomly made up an excuse that the reason she went to that store was to subscribe to that store's lottery, that store's grand prize randomly being her grandpa's inn, AND have both Miku and Fuu randomly win the grandprize of that lottery. So it's not impossible, I guess?

-----
As for the chapter itself, Miku being Fake Itsuki is more believable than "I want to keep the status quo" Ichika. And if Grandpa says it is (due to him making the remark "touch my granddaughter AGAIN"), then it must really be Miku.

Thing is, it looks like Itsuki genuinely didn't know it was Miku, meaning the quints were NOT "all on the plan" from the get go. So why on earth would Miku still want to relocate to the original meeting place, the courtyard, where Itsuki was waiting? I'm just going to chalk it up to her doing a 'dumb quint' moment, which Fuu ironically counteracted by making her talk right then and there.

As for Yotsuba being the 4d chessmaster, it didn't look like that. I mean sure Yotsuba did stop Ichika a couple of times, but going by their conversation, Ichika still had time to stop Papa Nakano but decided against it. Unless... Yotsuba is the master manipulator, being able to change Ichika's mind about being selfish and doing what she wants to do, when Miku has tried MANY times before but failed?

LOL the more I think about it, the more I'm loving it, but then again this may be the only way Yotsuba can be the Kyoto Girl so I may be a bit biased. If Yotsuba can manipulate a quint, then that's the same thing Kyoto Girl did with young Fuu when they were kids. Alas, that is rather a bunch of hoops to jump through, and as with using aliens to explain strange phenomena, is rather a hard sell unless you believe in it in the first place. But it IS fun to think of nonetheless... XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-14, 11:51   Link #1411
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Thing is, it looks like Itsuki genuinely didn't know it was Miku, meaning the quints were NOT "all on the plan" from the get go. So why on earth would Miku still want to relocate to the original meeting place, the courtyard, where Itsuki was waiting? I'm just going to chalk it up to her doing a 'dumb quint' moment, which Fuu ironically counteracted by making her talk right then and there.
Good old coincidences.
I think the one, who left the meeting message for Fuutarou was Miku. Itsuki didn't know about this, she also wanted to meet him on the courtyard regardless. Fuutarou couldn't arrange his meeting with Itsuki, because his phone was dead, so based on the message and Miku arriving there, everything made sense to him, only to be told the next day that he met the wrong person.

If Kyoto girl is Ichika or Itsuki, then who is Rena, or more like, do you consider Rena's intentions good or bad? The actual Kyoto girl wanting Fuutarou to move on from their past, or an unrelated quint not wanting Fuutarou to discover a past connection?
Old 2018-12-15, 08:29   Link #1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
And YOU don't seem to understand how shallow that realization is when all she had been swooning over all this time was a fake persona that came about due to a misunderstanding. Then, she just so happen to see him once again in one of her idealized forms for a partner (once again falling for the idealized version) and she all of a sudden "realizes" that her actions up to that point were somehow her being in love?

All Nino has done all along is fall for her ideal, look at her ideal, NOT notice the real him, it took Fuutarou riding a motorcycle, looking "cool" in her eyes to make her "realize" (as you say) her feelings after she had already stated that something similar was her ideal (heck, before that happened she was STILL hung up on Kintarou).
Also, you say there were "several chapters with her thinking she has feelings or something for him", so I went back and checked every chapter from the point where Nino finds the truth about Kintarou onwards and in chapter 50 there is one instance where she has that kind of thoughs, but then in chapter 51 she is already thinking about Kintarou after supposedly having said good bye to him in Seven Good Byes. In chapter 52 she has some sort of delusion where she is working in a sweets ship with Fuutarou. Chapter 54, once again, blushing and thinking of Kintarou and chapter 59, the one instance where she actually thinks the exact words you said and then in just a few panels the motorcycle thing happens.
First of all, the only thing fake about Kintarou was his hair and identity.
Fuutarou wasn't pretenting to be a completely different person. He was behaving like himself and this is who Nino has fallen for, but this time without a negative first impression. It was the real Fuutarou all this time just with blonde hair.
Again (because you chose to ignore it), Nino DIDN'T realize she loves him because he rode a motorcycle. She realized she loves him when they were talking and he's shown his voulnerable side and that he cares about her (and her sisters).
Seriously, I have no idea why are you trying to force such blatant lies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
the persecution complex on this woman is insane)
Oh. So, your irrational hate for Nino is clouding your judgement and makes you reach for things that aren't there. I see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
That said, her behaviour following said realization is very close to being considered OOC and it's a bit of a concern, but that's another issue entirely.
I'd advise you to go and re-read chapters 26(and how she acted after that) and 44. Nino was always like this. Same with Miku being a coward.
You jump on the whole "OOC" thing too easily.
256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-15, 10:32   Link #1413
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by 256 View Post
I'd advise you to go and re-read chapters 26(and how she acted after that) and 44. Nino was always like this. Same with Miku being a coward.
You jump on the whole "OOC" thing too easily.
Please note that I said "very close" there. What does that mean? Well, it means that it's just barely in-character for her and that it was a step or two away from being considered OOC.

Tl;Dr, I didn't call OOC on Nino for that one. You're free to quote any other post where I outright called OOC on another quint tho.

Now time for some advice of my own: You should fully comprehend what it is you're reading before attempting to advise someone on what they say.

EDIT: Wait, I just realized you said something that I can't ignore. Are you telling me that Miku's cowardice is in-character? If that's what you're implying, then you're reaching good sir. We have plenty of evidence littered throughout this manga that implies otherwise. The cowardice stuff was only introduced in this current arc.

She already did a false confession and she was ready to follow-through on her second confession until she was cockblocked by Ichika. That's not cowardly behaviour. (What she's doing right now as fake Itsuki is cowardly tho, but I already covered that a few posts ago. Then again, I'm "OOC" happy, so you probably wrote it off when you saw it )
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2018-12-15 at 11:02. Reason: Extended post
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-15, 12:43   Link #1414
DJBlitzkrieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
She already did a false confession and she was ready to follow-through on her second confession until she was cockblocked by Ichika.
Third, actually.

Spoiler for .:

And I still think that there must be more to the fake Itsuki thing than wanting to overcome the student wall, too much time without introspection to just be that.
Old 2018-12-15, 12:56   Link #1415
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Third, actually.

Spoiler for .:

And I still think that there must be more to the fake Itsuki thing than wanting to overcome the student wall, too much time without introspection to just be that.
Thank you. Putting aside the issue of introspection/context, you further strengthened my point.

EDIT: I think I should also be transparent with you since I shut you down so hard @256. I'll link two of my posts from awhile back when Miku's cowardice was discussed.

Also, please note that in these posts I'm about to link, I chose to focus on Miku's thoughts/self-reflections (i.e. the mental aspect) about her cowardice and not any (physical) actions she took. As far as her "thinking" about it goes, that's very much in-character for her, but her (physical) actions are contradictory of these thoughts. (Despite the fact that she's quite roundabout in her approach/methods)

Here are Post #1 and Post #2 where I discussed Miku's cowardice. In conclusion, if you're referring to Miku's cowardice mentally, then I'm inclined to agree with you, but if you're referring to her actions, then that's where my disagreement comes in.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2018-12-15 at 13:33. Reason: Extended post
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-18, 13:17   Link #1416
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

5-toubun no CG-yome.
Old 2018-12-18, 13:48   Link #1417
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Had time thinking about this, and while the core motivation could be what Itsuki essentially said about becoming friends, with the roundabout approach, Miku probably wants Fuutarou to say it himself, admit it.

Fuutarou is an interesting one. He genuinely cares for the quints, so he should have been a friend already, yet I feel like being just a tutor is sorta like a shield for him. He wants to be necessary to someone, but doesn't want to consider the possibility of that being already fulfilled. General self-confidence issues regarding his own worth? Kinda similar to what Rena was implying...

Witnessed the quints studying in harmony for the first time, quits the next day, avoids them. The quints have the resolve to bring him back, works for free for them, then stops coming to their new home, when his job is over... Odd that he said to Nino that relationships need both side's opinion, yet he pulled these two stunts, without telling them anything. When his relationship with the quints is in peak condition, he starts backtracking.

By disguised as Itsuki, and putting an end to their current relationship, Miku could witness how does that make Fuutarou really feel. He brings up the tutoring again as the shield, and that disheartened Miku, because it came out as an excuse from him, just to keep seeing them, even when he knows them for 6 months. He said it himself that there was no reason for him to visit them, then comes up with the tutoring shit...

The act by Miku could still be considered an OOC/CIS moment, but then again, I forgot how Fuutarou apologized to Itsuki during the first midterm under the pretense that she is Miku. Even when both of them probably knew what's up, they decided to go with it. So roundabout approach can be forgiven sometimes. What matters is the intention. Unless Miku is Negi's secret "crazy girl", her intention was probably positive.
Old 2018-12-21, 04:47   Link #1418
WingedAccelerator

Such a good way to end this year.
Spoiler for Chapter 67:
Old 2018-12-21, 05:02   Link #1419
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Miku best gurl
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-21, 05:41   Link #1420
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Oh God! I am so tempted to click that spoiler button! It's taking everything in me to not click that!

Tags
dumpster fire, first girl after all, harem, privileged main heroine, quintuplets, retcon, student-tutor, train wreck