Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-07, 15:55   Link #1401
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
No... I'm pretty sure Haruno enjoys seeing Yukino trying to chase after her shadow. If Haruno was really pushing Yukino to succeed, she would push Yukino to try to find her own calling as Shizuka suggests.
But she has "seemed" upset a few times when talking about Yukino following her (though, you need to tune her frequency to come to think like this); in fact I'm willing to bet that she only treats Yukino this lightly because she is following after her every step, and she might change her output a little if Yukino sets to find her own call. Though, part of Harunon's core character is that she thinks that Yukino is cute no matter what she does (and thus, she can't help but to troll her )

The way I smell it, pretty much every "deep" character interaction that Yukinon has had with people that know her "really well" to this point (and probably even in the future) has been giving this slight hint of "Don't follow Haruno, be yourself"; however Yukinon is still not mature enough to realize the value in that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Not this series' best Yukino ep, that's for sure
Well, while she was obviously portrayed as beyond stubborn here, the part where she apologized to Hikki when he mentioned that the current methods wouldn't work has been pretty much one of the biggest things that has happened to her in the series; she basically admitted that her way of dealings with things so far wasn't the best and the biggest part of it is that she did this towards Hikki (I mean, if it was Yui she would have opened up eventually since she is weak to her first friend, but towards Hikki is the opposite).
Old 2013-06-07, 16:34   Link #1402
Tenzen12

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
Wow.

I honestly like Yukino but I would really, really hate to work with her. She's really arrogant, overbearing and has no interest in working with other people. Sagami is pretty pathetic but at the same time she was actually seriously trying at first. Then she realized that it was a waste of time since Yukino was going to do everything, why bother?

Yukino and others claimed that people were "jealous of her talents" but, at very least here, that's not actually the problem.
Sagami were serious Good joke. In moment she volunteered she already gave her first excuse. Second thing she did were find people do her job and cover her mistakes. And when it come to it, she runs to have fun. Yeah and she also were jelous that Yukino does what she asked her do...

Quote:
- It's surprising that there is no fallout from Haru chatting so amicably with Hachiman, considering the difference in social status. Cut content from the visual novel?
Haruno is "perfect" Of course she doesn't have problem with it. It's part of here persona. Also it's Light novel (books), not visual (games)
Quote:
- I get that Hachiman "defended" Yukino. I don't really understand what exactly he said and how it was supposed to be supporting her though
Hayato and that incho were belittle way Yukino does stuff. Hikki said that Yukino would depend on others if there were someone to depend and sole reason why she did everything alone is there were none.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 16:45   Link #1403
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I forgot to mention about Ebina's part. Actually, I found great amusement when Ebina casted the roles of the pilot and the prince =03. Thinking about it, Ebina, Hachiman, and Hayama could probably make a rather funny trio, having vastly different personalities from one another.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 17:04   Link #1404
amrul

This episode is quite depressing. Didn't see that sagami character coming. If yukino is your typical weak heroine and hachiman is your typical "kind-to-everyone" type of protag, it would be coming to a scene where yukino cried and hachiman lend a shoulder. But the characters here are not of that typical sort.

The part where people are comparing her with haruno is also very frustrating. Being compared with others are the last thing you want to experience. So far haruno doesn't seem to be like some evil and rotten character, but rather a caring sister, it's just that she can't help but tease her sister (or trolling, like some said in the previous posts).
amrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 17:45   Link #1405
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Sagami were serious Good joke. In moment she volunteered she already gave her first excuse. Second thing she did were find people do her job and cover her mistakes. And when it come to it, she runs to have fun. Yeah and she also were jelous that Yukino does what she asked her do...
I don't think Sagami was trying to get Yukino to do her job. Sagami knew Yukino was really talented and wanted her help, she probably wanted Yukino to do most of the hard work while she herself got the credit. That's kinda what a vice-chairman normally does. Instead Yukino pushes her out of the way completely, taking over her job as chairman. And there was nothing Sagami could do the stop that, besides kicking her out of the committee entirely.

Quote:
Haruno is "perfect" Of course she doesn't have problem with it. It's part of here persona. Also it's Light novel (books), not visual (games)
I don't mean Haruno. I meant that people would give Hachiman some hassle about it.

Quote:
Hayato and that incho were belittle way Yukino does stuff. Hikki said that Yukino would depend on others if there were someone to depend and sole reason why she did everything alone is there were none.
Oh right. Makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrul View Post
The part where people are comparing her with haruno is also very frustrating. Being compared with others are the last thing you want to experience. So far haruno doesn't seem to be like some evil and rotten character, but rather a caring sister, it's just that she can't help but tease her sister (or trolling, like some said in the previous posts).
Funny thing is, the one who compares Yukino to Haruno the most is Yukino herself.

Another funny thing. That student president thinks the Yukino will be great because her sister is great right? And she actually is correct, Yukino is the only person who thinks differently.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 19:22   Link #1406
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Wow.

I honestly like Yukino but I would really, really hate to work with her. She's really arrogant, overbearing and has no interest in working with other people. Sagami is pretty pathetic but at the same time she was actually seriously trying at first. Then she realized that it was a waste of time since Yukino was going to do everything, why bother?
Uh... no, Sagami never made any effort from the beginning. Remember that she begged the Service Club to help her before she ever participated in a committee meeting - meaning she had no idea how difficult the position was to begin with.

Second, "why bother" is not an excuse considering she is the committee chairman, meaning she officially has authority over Yukino. If Yukino was stealing everyone's thunder, she has the power to overrule her, but she didn't. Sagami went with whatever Yukino suggested, and the only time she ever spoke out against her was when encouraged by Haruno. Even then, it was not even entirely her decision, as Haruno masterfully manipulated her by inflating her ego with compliments.

Also remember that even with Yukino doing the bulk of the work, Hachiman and and several other committee members are still doing their share, however small. Sagami has no excuse for being repeatedly tardy or outright absent.

Quote:
I don't think Sagami was trying to get Yukino to do her job. Sagami knew Yukino was really talented and wanted her help, she probably wanted Yukino to do most of the hard work while she herself got the credit. That's kinda what a vice-chairman normally does.
Uh... do you realize what you are saying? You do realize that you are admitting to Sagami leeching off of Yukino, right?

Quote:
Instead Yukino pushes her out of the way completely, taking over her job as chairman. And there was nothing Sagami could do the stop that, besides kicking her out of the committee entirely.
If Sagami is going to take the credit for doing none of the work, then it sounds like she should be the one kicked out.

But before that, let's not forget again that if Sagami had any qualms about Yukino doing all the work, she has the power to overrule her, especially with Haruno present. Don't blame Sagami's irresponsibility on someone else. If Hachiman can do some work while Yukino is doing most of it, Sagami certainly can as well.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 19:42   Link #1407
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
God, those stares from Hikki; every time they focused on a close-up of them, you could tell he was purely pissed off. I was just waiting for the moment he'd use his pessimistic/realistic logic to break the bs that was happening in this ep. Esp against Haruka. Now, I don't hate Haruka at all, it's just that chars who seemingly get their way all the time, getting outwitted or undermined is like a Kodak moment, esp by chars like Hikki.

Gotta say, I'm rather disappointed in Yukino this episode =02. She always struck me as a very straight-forward, logical girl who couldn't generally be made a fool of or get taken advantage of, unless it is by people like Hikki. Even then, it's like a game of tug-o-war where both sides are generally even til the last moment. This ep, though, she was practically s**ted upon and taken advantage of to boot, with not a single quick-witted rebuttal in sight. Not this series' best Yukino ep, that's for sure >=0\.

Yeah, what is Yukino doing indeed. I want to say that she's 'punishing herself' for not coming clean with Hikki (the wall between them since school restarted), but can I think that far?

Of course, something could have happened to her at home during the vacation period that forced her to rethink things.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 19:48   Link #1408
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Yeah, what is Yukino doing indeed. I want to say that she's 'punishing herself' for not coming clean with Hikki (the wall between them since school restarted), but can I think that far?
I think she just can't put up a fight against Haruno.

Remember that despite the audience knowing Haruno manipulated the committee into getting what she wants, she has done nothing that can be testified as "wrong".

Even if Yukino refused, can she come up with a good reason why it would be bad for Haruno to hold a band performance for the festival? The only person twisted enough to rationalize doing things alone and refusing help as a good thing is Hachiman - and even he admits that all the suggestions pushed onto Yukino are not necessarily wrong at all.

That is the difference between the two Yukinoshita sisters - even if both of them can do most things well, only Haruno knows how to deal with people to her advantage. Yukino pushes them away.
Old 2013-06-07, 19:54   Link #1409
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
I think she just can't put up a fight against Haruno.

Remember that despite the audience knowing Haruno manipulated the committee into getting what she wants, she has done nothing that can be testified as "wrong".

Even if Yukino refused, can she come up with a good reason why it would be bad for Haruno to hold a band performance for the festival? The only person twisted enough to rationalize doing things alone and refusing help as a good thing is Hachiman - and even he admits that all the suggestions pushed onto Yukino are not necessarily wrong at all.

Definitely agree for that situation. But we're puzzled over her actions in general - going along with the committee job (which Haruno guessed was partly to avoid Hikki), becoming Sagami's 'aide', letting them pile work on her, etc. It's as if she's lost her teeth....
Old 2013-06-07, 20:03   Link #1410
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
But we're puzzled over her actions in general - going along with the committee job (which Haruno guessed was partly to avoid Hikki)...
When Hachiman asked why she didn't find it strange that Yukino joined the committee, Haruno also said it was because there is already enough reason for Yukino to join because of Haruno doing it in the past. Haruno knows full well that Yukino is chasing after her shadow.

Remember how many times Hachiman has retreated into his shell because of social disappointments (once against Yui, and now against Yukino because she lied to him about the accident)?

It's obvious that the Yukinoshita family does the same thing to Yukino.
Old 2013-06-07, 20:12   Link #1411
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
When Hachiman asked why she didn't find it strange that Yukino joined the committee, Haruno also said it was because there is already enough reason for Yukino to join because of Haruno doing it in the past. Haruno knows full well that Yukino is chasing after her shadow.

Remember how many times Hachiman has retreated into his shell because of social disappointments (once against Yui, and now against Yukino because she lied to him about the accident)?

It's obvious that the Yukinoshita family does the same thing to Yukino.

Oh that's a good one. Yeah.

Her family members must be really cold people :/
Old 2013-06-07, 21:08   Link #1412
Somnus
Eh?

Man, Sagami sure is a piece of work. All the more so because her attitude is completely believable, and it's sad how transparent she truly is. Of course, disliking her comes easy.

On the other hand, Yukino was the one that truly disgusted me this episode. Watching her willing get stepped all over through the episode made me cringe the entire time. I seriously had a hard time watching, and I'd love to hear her reasoning for it all. My best guess at the moment is her personal vendetta to get out of her sister's shadow mixed in with self-punishment for what she "did" to Hikki. Mind you, I don't think that's a good reason at all.

Speaking of Haru, I can only say that I can resonate with her all too well. Using a flexible persona to socialize with (and potentially manipulate) anyone, and everyone is a skill I've developed and used more than I would like to admit. That being said, why she's choosing to do these is something I'm still trying to get a hold on. Essentially calling out Sagami for the fool she is is one thing, but I'm curious as to her real thoughts towards Yukino.
Old 2013-06-07, 21:42   Link #1413
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
I'd go further and say she wasn't really suprised hachiman would be in the comitee either. I even go as far as saying she was the one responsible for him being in there..

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 21:47   Link #1414
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I'd go further and say she wasn't really suprised hachiman would be in the comitee either. I even go as far as saying she was the one responsible for him being in there..
Shizuka wanted to put him there regardless of whether Haruno saw it coming or not. If Komachi's single comment in this episode is any indication, Hachiman hasn't worked hard in a very long time until Shizuka forced him into the Service Club.

It's not a stretch to say all Hachiman normally does without the Service Club is go to school, go home, read books, play video games, eat/sleep - all things he can do by himself, with the exception of occasionally going out with Komachi.

With the Service Club he's being forced to interact with others, and indeed he has actually talked with quite a few people that stand out from the crowd: Hayato, Yui, Saki, Yukino, Haruno, Saika, etc. Even if you don't count Hayato, Yui, and Saika because they're nice to a lot of people, many people never meet someone as extraordinary as Haruno in their lifetime - especially when Haruno already graduated years before.
We all know Hachiman is going to do something by the end of this arc anyway, so despite his reluctance towards interacting with others, what Shizuka is doing to him is working... at least partially. He is at least being productive now, even if he isn't any less negative.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2013-06-07 at 22:08.
Old 2013-06-07, 22:30   Link #1415
amrul

Quote:
Funny thing is, the one who compares Yukino to Haruno the most is Yukino herself.

Another funny thing. That student president thinks the Yukino will be great because her sister is great right? And she actually is correct, Yukino is the only person who thinks differently.
It doesn't seem that way to me at first, but looking from your point of view, it looks like it. From the way she carried out the work of helping out sagami, she is actually very capable of being the committee head, which she refused in the first place. Now she has to do them, more than she could cope.
amrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 22:57   Link #1416
Windows X

As if she wanted to do job as sister's shadow.
Windows X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 23:23   Link #1417
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrul View Post
It doesn't seem that way to me at first, but looking from your point of view, it looks like it. From the way she carried out the work of helping out sagami, she is actually very capable of being the committee head, which she refused in the first place. Now she has to do them, more than she could cope.
No, it's actually more clear that Yukino can't be the committee head because she lacks Haruno's flexible personality in dealing with other people. Instead, she's fixated on Haruno being "perfect," so she handles everything on her own, thinking it's the easiest way to get everything "right" the way Haruno did.

And Yukino did a great job. The only problem is when you only have one support pillar, everything falls apart when that one pillar collapses.
Old 2013-06-07, 23:43   Link #1418
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windows X View Post
As if she wanted to do job as sister's shadow.
That's also what I think, and it's also stated before by Haruno, and if Haruno said that her mother was worse, then IMO her mother expect Yukino to be has work quality like Haruno, Yukino pretty much burdenned by this expectation. This what I ment by cat living in tiger dens if not dragon . . .

In other hand Shizuka maybe know about this and force Hachiman to be in commite to help Yukino if she in trouble..., even thought I don't know how she has faith on Hachiman helping Yukino . . .
Old 2013-06-08, 00:07   Link #1419
Reek of Blood
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Any base for this nonsense? You wanna put the blame on her? Fine, but there should be a valid reasoning behind it, which you failed to explain week after week.

Sorry man, but your Yukino-hate is getting tad bit old. Put it down a wee bit, OK?
Reek of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 00:10   Link #1420
Sumeragi
Banned

I support Yuki x Yui.

Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romantic comedy, school life, shounen