AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-07-21, 09:51   Link #1401
Biohazardous

2-3 a year correct?
Old 2015-07-21, 09:57   Link #1402
saw2097

These books will probably wrap up the character story line for each of the girls, considering the events of volume 20, I have a hard time seeing this series go much further than one more arc.

Spoiler for 20:

Still that's a good 3-4 years of High School DxD left.
saw2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-21, 10:07   Link #1403
Biohazardous

He may find more of Ddraig's abilities if he has any. I'm hoping Ise thinks of more things of his own idea.
Old 2015-07-21, 10:29   Link #1404
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazardous View Post
He may find more of Ddraig's abilities if he has any. I'm hoping Ise thinks of more things of his own idea.
Yeah but that would be volume by volume power ups, not arc power ups.
Old 2015-07-21, 10:35   Link #1405
Biohazardous

Arc wise I could only see him showing a mastered full use of his new form. To include being able to stay in it as long as he wants. Ddraig's words may hold true in few will hear it but when you do your life is over.

Him able to hold that form as long as he'd like is plenty strong enough.
Old 2015-07-21, 10:37   Link #1406
saw2097

Quote:
Arc wise I could only see him showing a mastered full use of his new form. To include being able to stay in it as long as he wants. Ddraig's words may hold true in few will hear it but when you do your life is over.

Him able to hold that form as long as he'd like is plenty strong enough.
Which is exactly why I think the next arc is the last one, he simply is getting to the point where he really can't get much stronger other than a few new abilities and mastering his new mode.
Old 2015-07-21, 10:47   Link #1407
Biohazardous

Hope we can have the last novel be a skip and show us a future of the gang.
Old 2015-07-21, 18:14   Link #1408
OmegaWeaponZ

Quote:
Hope we can have the last novel be a skip and show us a future of the gang.
I second that... Along with all the mini isseis that would be running around (most likely after oppai)
OmegaWeaponZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-22, 11:03   Link #1409
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
A thought occurred to me. In what ways can you think of for Ise to use his abilities in new and creative ways without gaining a totally new power-up?

I was thinking of one based on his Longinus Smasher, Fairy Wyverns, and his demonic power. I call it the Circle of Longinus Banishment.

The goal is to either vaporize/destroy or permanently seal/banish an opponent.

It works by having Ise surround his opponent with the Wyverns of both types, and then he will fire off his LS shot, not directly at the target , but at a certain wyvern to boost and reflect it to another, and another until the shot forms a pentagram around the target. Once complete, Ise chants his spell which is carried on the tail end of the shot, and by doing so causes a bright flash of light, and the target will not be there anymore.

If the target would not able to take a direct shot of the LS then they would be destroyed, but if they are strong enough to handle it, they would instead be sealed into a pocket dimension where time doesn't flow, in a state of time suspension.

I figure that if Ise can't upgrade his power, he might as well look to making techniques that will get the job done, even if he has to ask others for recommendations of how to do it.
Old 2015-07-22, 11:10   Link #1410
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
A thought occurred to me. In what ways can you think of for Ise to use his abilities in new and creative ways without gaining a totally new power-up?

I was thinking of one based on his Longinus Smasher, Fairy Wyverns, and his demonic power. I call it the Circle of Longinus Banishment.

The goal is to either vaporize/destroy or permanently seal/banish an opponent.

It works by having Ise surround his opponent with the Wyverns of both types, and then he will fire off his LS shot, not directly at the target , but at a certain wyvern to boost and reflect it to another, and another until the shot forms a pentagram around the target. Once complete, Ise chants his spell which is carried on the tail end of the shot, and by doing so causes a bright flash of light, and the target will not be there anymore.

If the target would not able to take a direct shot of the LS then they would be destroyed, but if they are strong enough to handle it, they would instead be sealed into a pocket dimension where time doesn't flow, in a state of time suspension.

I figure that if Ise can't upgrade his power, he might as well look to making techniques that will get the job done, even if he has to ask others for recommendations of how to do it.
OK, first explain to me how shooting a nuke would create a pocket dimension that seals someone inside.

And the Wyverns can't reflect LS. It's too powerful.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-22, 12:59   Link #1411
GrrDraxin

One word answer for that Chichi: MAAAAGIIIIIIC.

I did say it would use Ise's demonic power, didn't I? He just needs to put in the feeling that the target needs to just "GO AWAY". This "nuke" is just part of the power source. This is just simply creating a violent magic wormhole into this containment dimension.

As for the durability of the wyverns, after seeing the combo technique between Ise and Rias, I think thats a problem easy to overcome.
Old 2015-07-22, 13:05   Link #1412
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
One word answer for that Chichi: MAAAAGIIIIIIC.

I did say it would use Ise's demonic power, didn't I? He just needs to put in the feeling that the target needs to just "GO AWAY". This "nuke" is just part of the power source. This is just simply creating a violent magic wormhole.

As for the durability of the wyverns, after seeing the combo technique between Ise and Rias, I think thats a problem easy to overcome.
i DID SAY IT WOULD USE iSE'S
That's not how sealing works. Demonic power isn't all mighty as you seem to think it is. If it was, the Devils would have curbstomped any faction out there and won the 3-Way War. All we've seen demonic power do is elemental magic, teleportation (severely limited) and simple illusions.

How does giving Rias the Wyverns imply they can handle LS?
Old 2015-07-22, 13:22   Link #1413
Biohazardous

Changing what the wyverns can handle would depend on if Ise has a way to "upgrade" them.

He can also use his abilities on his familiar ship for new things.
Old 2015-07-22, 21:34   Link #1414
GrrDraxin

Yup, just give Ise a few years, and he may be able to do it. He just needs to mature.
Old 2015-07-22, 21:58   Link #1415
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Yup, just give Ise a few years, and he may be able to do it. He just needs to mature.
Okay, I seem to have some problem with basic logic. What does maturing has anything to do with creating a pocket dimensio that traps anyone inside?
Old 2015-07-22, 22:01   Link #1416
Hk1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
Okay, I seem to have some problem with basic logic. What does maturing has anything to do with creating a pocket dimensio that traps anyone inside?
it requires massive calculation. Ise is not equal to it.
Hk1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-22, 22:16   Link #1417
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hk1117 View Post
i hate to defend chichi but that is utter idiocy. this guy created a technique to break clothes with a snap of his fingers. He created a dimension that can listen to breasts. The Wyvern fairies unusual techniques that are definitely different.

Creating the pocket dimension has NOTHING to do with maturity it has everything to do with ability which is the difference.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-22, 22:18   Link #1418
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hk1117 View Post
I don't think anyone ever showed this kind of mastery in magic in the series. The only one who can kind of use complex dimensional magic is Georg, and that's because his SG is specialized in that.

@Imperial: Yeah, Ise can do a lot of crazy shit. It's just that I can't link the cause "Throw a nuke" to the result "Creates a pocket dimension that traps anyone inside".

At least his crazy abilities are caused by "His lustful desires" and results in "The satisfying of his lustful desires".
Old 2015-07-22, 22:24   Link #1419
GrrDraxin

With all the crap Ise's been able to pull, doing such things is not entirely out of his capability. Now that Bilingual was mentioned, add that to the mix too in order to accomplish the technique.

Ise just has trouble doing the "common sense" magics devils use, he's however quite adept at thinking outside that box, and look at what he's accomplished. No other devil has those abilities.

I wonder what Akuja would think if he tried to analyze them.
Old 2015-07-22, 22:47   Link #1420
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
With all the crap Ise's been able to pull, doing such things is not entirely out of his capability. Now that Bilingual was mentioned, add that to the mix too in order to accomplish the technique.

Ise just has trouble doing the "common sense" magics devils use, he's however quite adept at thinking outside that box, and look at what he's accomplished. No other devil has those abilities.

I wonder what Akuja would think if he tried to analyze them.
And yet he never showed any kind of dimensional magic. Bilingual creates a "field" notmuch different from a spherical barrier.

He probably would go have his blood tested to check if he's not high.

Last edited by Chichiryuushintei; 2015-07-22 at 23:03.