AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Pairings, Take 2 (multiple choice allowed)
Lelouch stays single 126 11.22%
Lelouch x C.C. 744 66.25%
Lelouch x Kallen 406 36.15%
Lelouch x Shirley 176 15.67%
Lelouch x Millay 65 5.79%
Suzaku x Kallen 150 13.36%
Suzaku x Nunally 102 9.08%
Suzaku x Shirley 46 4.10%
Lloyd x Millay 63 5.61%
Viletta x Ougi 213 18.97%
Rival x Millay 107 9.53%
Lloyd x Cecile 113 10.06%
Schneizel x Cecile 43 3.83%
Cornelia x Guildford 130 11.58%
Other pairings not listed (give who and reason) 78 6.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-31, 11:44   Link #1401
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Meh, I'll make sure to return the favor next time then
As long as its actually relevant to this, and its not me being listed as the plague, its fine.

Quote:
Uhhmm 23 when he was morning over Euphie? 25 When he got sentimental with her when she was depressed? Usually you'd do what C.C did in 13 and just tell them to get over it or something if it was just 'business' But like I said, take it how you will
That's Lelouch being emotional over Euphie, not emotional to C.C.. As I said before, is it him being emotional with her, or simply emotional in her presence.

C.C. and Lelouch are different people. We know Lelouch does not like people to be hurt, especially people that help him.

Quote:
So you're going to admit C.C is in the lead after all??
No. No one is in the lead as the race starts in S2.

Quote:
It isn't a good reference in a race like this because nobody is really measuring themselves or their competition in those terms, hell I doubt any of them know their even in a race at this point so it's not like they can get arrogant and complacent like the hare did or that they know that they should keep going like the tortoise. Since their ambiguous on the whole issue I merely focus on how they interact with Lelouch and how he responds to them is all.
There is one end, with multiple contestants. That is a race. Substitute arrogance for experience/reluctance and its the same thing.

Quote:
Uhmm, I'm sure we won't need an elaboration about Geass and everything because her goal is sooooo clear to Lelouch right now If he's going to need to do something with his Geass eventually to make her wish come true she's going to have to let him in on the loop before they can proceed, and if I recall the mysteries of Geass is going to finally be explained ,according to Tanaguchi, in R2.
The mysteries of the Geass do not have to be explained by C.C., there's two other players fully capable of that. As for her goal, we do not know if it is something Lelouch must do in order to fulfill it, or if it is something that is accomplished gradually and indirectly by Lelouch. So really, there is a possibility that she doesn't need to tell him anything at all.

Quote:
What? It's precisely because it's my opinion that I voice whether or not I think I'm better at maintaining control over my optimism over your pessimism. Your free to disagree with that but in most cases the ones who are to decide whether I'm right or wrong would be the other readers I think
The word more is irrelevant because, as you said, its your opinion. There's no reason to tack a further opinion onto an opinion.
Old 2008-03-31, 11:49   Link #1402
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Is he emotional with C.C. or is he emotional in the presence of C.C.?

11, 15, 24-25, are him being emotional? 23 is more a question of the above.

Most of those are C.C. being emotional and Lelouch being Lelouch.
Yeah, I know it's not much but he's Lelouch not the wussy Suzaku of first season.

I think the best way I can describe it, is that he doesn't need to lie or fake his personality around C.C. Which he did around everyone else even Suzaku and Nunnally.
Old 2008-03-31, 11:52   Link #1403
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
Yeah, I know it's not much but he's Lelouch not the wussy Suzaku of first season.

I think the best way I can describe it, is that he doesn't need to lie or fake his personality around C.C. Which he did around everyone else even Suzaku and Nunnally.
A good point, but I can also say that is because of the situation. She's the only one on both sides of coin, or at least was, and so he can be himself. Not because he has some sort of caring for her. If she knows who he really is, whats the point of hiding his real self as with the others.
Old 2008-03-31, 12:00   Link #1404
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
As long as its actually relevant to this, and its not me being listed as the plague, its fine.
Calling me an extreme optimists was relevant to discussion how again?

Quote:
That's Lelouch being emotional over Euphie, not emotional to C.C.. As I said before, is it him being emotional with her, or simply emotional in her presence.

C.C. and Lelouch are different people. We know Lelouch does not like people to be hurt, especially people that help him.
And she comforts him while he allows her to do so. We can go on for days and we have so lets just end it here already

So C.C does mean something to him after all? Well, the certainly are better then where they were before with one another, I count that as progress, and we'll see where that leads too

Quote:
No. No one is in the lead as the race starts in S2.
Meh, I put C.C in the better position at the starting line then

Quote:
There is one end, with multiple contestants. That is a race. Substitute arrogance for experience/reluctance and its the same thing.
Once again I'll put C.C in the better position in terms of interaction with Lelouch compared to the others

Quote:
The mysteries of the Geass do not have to be explained by C.C., there's two others players fully capable of that. As for her goal, we do not know if it is something Lelouch must do in order to fulfill it, or if it is something that is accomplished gradually and indirectly by Lelouch. So really, there is a possibility that she doesn't need to tell him anything at all.
Uhhmm, those people wouldn't be quite as convenient to have a conversation with or may not be as willing to aid him as C.C is, so I'll put it as more likely he'll get some actual answers in his favor from his partner then his enemies

Well, I have an indication that she will tell him because eventually there will be some things along the way he's going to keep questioning her about like how she knew what the Aries Palace looked like, and her promise to eventually tell him everything, something that I'm sure he'll keep in mind as he isn't the type of genius to forget a promise that important

Quote:
The word more is irrelevant because, as you said, its your opinion. There's no reason to tack a further opinion onto an opinion.
Meh, opinions get tacked onto a lot of things, even onto other opinions. I technically have to believe I'm more in control or more convincing then you are in order to actually believe in my opinions in the first place. If you have a problem with it then just ignore it as far as I'm concerned

Quote:
A good point, but I can also say that is because of the situation. She's the only one on both sides of coin, or at least was, and so he can be himself. Not because he has some sort of caring for her. If she knows who he really is, whats the point of hiding his real self as with the others.
A lot of people become closer together based on the situation. And she technically is the only one who still knows all of him because there's a third side to that coin, the Geass aspect, which I doubt we'll see much more involvement from any of the other girls. In any case, she's really the only one he can completely rely on in all aspects of his life at this point.
Old 2008-03-31, 12:06   Link #1405
Var
Banned

Quote:
Calling me an extreme optimists was relevant to discussion how again?
Because it was about pessimism. Optimism is the same coin, just the other side.

Quote:
So C.C does mean something to him after all? Well, the certainly are better then where they were before with one another, I count that as progress, and we'll see where that leads too
Wasn't that a given in that she is his partner? Better than before... you mean when they didn't even know one another? C.C. is the source of his power, people usually pay extra attention to it.

Quote:

Once again I'll put C.C in the better position in terms of interaction with Lelouch compared to the others
Do as you will. I will put everyone on the starting line.

Quote:
Uhhmm, those people wouldn't be quite as convenient to have a conversation with or may not be as willing to aid him as C.C is, so I'll put it as more likely he'll get some actual answers in his favor from his partner then his enemies
V.V. doesn't seem to mind doing things with/to his enemies. Then there's also Rollo. No one said Lelouch had to willingly be told anything.

Quote:
Well, I have an indication that she will tell him because eventually there will be some things along the way he's going to keep questioning her about like how she knew what the Aries Palace looked like, and her promise to eventually tell him everything, something that I'm sure he'll keep in mind as he isn't the type of genius to forget a promise that important
Point taken, but its still a question of eventually.

Quote:
Meh, opinions get tacked onto a lot of things, even onto other opinions. I technically have to believe I'm more in control or more convincing then you are in order to actually believe in my opinions in the first place. If you have a problem with it then just ignore it as far as I'm concerned
That why its irrelevant, its a given point that doesn't need to be expressed.
Old 2008-03-31, 12:13   Link #1406
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Agreed, but that is more a fault of his personality than anything. The events through Lelouch's life created a tough personality in Lelouch best represented when he is walking through the town of corpses.

With the only exception being towards Nunnally.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that Lelouch isn't going to show love to C.C. the same way Suzaku did to Euphemia. So if we do see love form between C.C. and Lelouch it will be in the way that geass likes to push the limits. (ex. Viletta and Ougi)
Old 2008-03-31, 12:17   Link #1407
Var
Banned

Quote:
I guess the point I'm trying to make is that Lelouch isn't going to show love to C.C. the same way Suzaku did to Euphemia. So if we do see love form between C.C. and Lelouch it will be in the way that geass likes to push the limits. (ex. Viletta and Ougi)
I'll take that point. It's a good one. The only thing I can say is that, if we take it this way, then their relationship will be in limbo till the very end. During which time others may blossom. So it can function either way, I suppose.
Old 2008-03-31, 12:20   Link #1408
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Because it was about pessimism. Optimism is the same coin, just the other side.
Fine, fine, just remember what you said if and when I ever bring you up

Quote:
V.V. doesn't seem to mind doing things with/to his enemies. Then there's also Rollo. No one said Lelouch had to willingly be told anything.
Once again, not quite as reliable a source of information to be able to derive from or even if he gets and opportunity to do so when he already talks and interacts with C.C on a daily basis. So I'd tend to think he's more likely to get answers from her then from them.

Quote:
Point taken, but its still a question of eventually.
Hey, at least we know it will happen as the situation develops, because along the way an explanation is going to be needed as they move forward in the story together.

Quote:
That why its irrelevant, its a given point that doesn't need to be expressed.
Sometimes you need to reaffirm it to yourself, or to others when you think they think their point of view managed to win out against your own.
Old 2008-03-31, 12:24   Link #1409
Var
Banned

Quote:
Fine, fine, just remember what you said if and when I ever bring you up
As I said, just don't refer to me as the plague and have some relevance.

Quote:
Once again, not quite as reliable a source of information to be able to derive from or even if he gets and opportunity to do so when he already talks and interacts with C.C on a daily basis. So I'd tend to think he's more likely to get answers from her then from them.
You never know. We know his father has something to with the Geass, so he could very well push the truth onto his son. But this point is too much of a toss up to continue.

Quote:
Hey, at least we know it will happen as the situation develops, because along the way an explanation is going to be needed as they move forward in the story together.
The problem that I have with it, is that even if it will happen, it leaves too much leway for other's to butt in. Many of the advantages C.C. had over Kallen are gone now, with only Geass left, so eventually becomes a problem.

Then there's also the question if Kallen has inquired about Geass, since she was present when Suzaku was talking.

Quote:
Sometimes you need to reaffirm it to yourself, or to others when you think they think their point of view managed to win out against your own.
Then say it aloud
Old 2008-03-31, 13:30   Link #1410
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquifina View Post
I only skimmed this thread, but I got the feeling there was some recent pessimism about the chances of a Lelouche/C.C. pairing.
This is mainly me more than anyone else. I tend to go overboard with anything, though a lot of the points made against the pairing are depressing enough for me to consider them true.

Quote:
All of that pessimism was mine.

Then there's overly optimistic people... Krimzon.

Closest non-familial bond goes to Euphie and Suzaku, followed by Cornelia and Guilford, followed by Nena and table. Maybe given the right evolution C.C. and Lelouch can be up there too some day.
Pessimism? I thought you simply didn't like C.C. and thus disliked the pairing.

Euphemia and Suzaku were sort of your average mecha couple that you see so often though perhaps in a more realistic light. I can't imagine what any sort of romantic pairing with Lelouch would be though I somehow think it would be deeper than what you have with Euphemia and Suzaku since you would have that true understanding that I think is needed with love. I never got the impression that Euphemia ever truly understood Suzaku and thus I never really bought the two of them together.

Quote:
Who else are we talking about here? Besides the non-present people who already probably know everything already C.C doesn't really have anything to tell anyone except Lelouch, and if their supposed to be such good 'buisness partners' as you put it then this stuff will have to come out as we delve deeper into the plot

Meh, I think my optimism is a lot more controlled then your pessimism these days Var
Well, the issue with C.C. not being the one to tell him is that we could have someone like V.V. twist the facts just a bit or tell the whole story which would make everything a lot more terrible. I could possibly see that happening if they wanted to shatter any trust between Lelouch and C.C.. Of course, it would be meaningful if Lelouch were capable of not hating her even if the truth was something horrible though I say that is too much to hope for.

I don't know, sometimes I'd say you are overly optimistic about the whole thing though I shouldn't be saying anything since I'm on the completely opposite end of the spectrum.

Quote:

I'll agree that they are certainly closer than they were at the start of this whole thing though it still doesn't go beyond a close partnership though this of course is intentional because they kept romance out of season 1. Yet the point is that there is a chance it could become something more.

Starting line doesn't mean anything really. We could easily see Kallen trump C.C. in all regards of development and closeness with Lelouch and I'm beginning to think that it is almost a given that it will happen.

Quote:
Agreed, but that is more a fault of his personality than anything. The events through Lelouch's life created a tough personality in Lelouch best represented when he is walking through the town of corpses.

With the only exception being towards Nunnally.

This is something completely true and it applies to Kallen too I believe. Yet with C.C., I can't help but think it may be pushing the limits too far into something that couldn't happen at all. Love is often chance meeting or circumstance like your example on Ougi and Viletta which was a completely random occurence. I'd say that had the cave incident never happened, there wouldn't be much of anything to discuss about the pairing at all since there would be nothing to truly discuss.

Quote:
I'll take that point. It's a good one. The only thing I can say is that, if we take it this way, then their relationship will be in limbo till the very end. During which time others may blossom. So it can function either way, I suppose.
Yeah, I doubt we'd see anything more than limbo with those two at all. I guess it pretty much is too much to hope for.

Another thing to take notice of is what some of the girls represent. C.C. is the representation of the Geass and the mystical aspect of the show. Kallen is more a combination of the military side as well as the school life, and Shirley is simply the normal everyday life of things. We saw what happened when Shirley crosses into the military side of things and how she wasn't able to handle it. C.C. is doubtful to ever move from what she represents and this is probably the biggest strike against her since I somewhat doubt she will ever move from that though she is involved with both the military aspects as well as some of the daily life ones. Kallen is a combination of the two latter representations which also puts her quite down to Earth with everything which is precisely where I see Lelouch at the end of things. I expect that Lelouch will have any aspects of the mystical side with the Geass will be gone from his life.

I'm somehow envisioning that C.C. will suffer a fate akin to that of Scherise (Sp?) from s-CRY-ed. C.C. may come to love Lelouch in a romantic way, but ultimately she is going to die, perhaps as some way of saving Lelouch. Lelouch will be saddened by this of course, but Kallen will be there too so he'll end up with her. Maybe C.C. will have some last talk with Lelouch where they simply part ways, which is something I almost see as impossible not to happen.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-03-31, 15:03   Link #1411
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Euphemia and Suzaku were sort of your average mecha couple that you see so often though perhaps in a more realistic light. I can't imagine what any sort of romantic pairing with Lelouch would be though I somehow think it would be deeper than what you have with Euphemia and Suzaku since you would have that true understanding that I think is needed with love. I never got the impression that Euphemia ever truly understood Suzaku and thus I never really bought the two of them together.
To be honest, Episode 20 made me throw up a little in my throat. The SuzakuXEuphemia relationship was like something you would see in a carebears episode. (or a certain Gundam series)

Quote:
Well, the issue with C.C. not being the one to tell him is that we could have someone like V.V. twist the facts just a bit or tell the whole story which would make everything a lot more terrible. I could possibly see that happening if they wanted to shatter any trust between Lelouch and C.C.. Of course, it would be meaningful if Lelouch were capable of not hating her even if the truth was something horrible though I say that is too much to hope for.
Eh, the only person I see V.V. manipulating is Suzaku, but C.C. holding back information from Lelouch doesn't help them move any closer.

Quote:
I'll agree that they are certainly closer than they were at the start of this whole thing though it still doesn't go beyond a close partnership though this of course is intentional because they kept romance out of season 1. Yet the point is that there is a chance it could become something more.
I have said it before but I believe that C.C. has moved it beyond a partnership once she kissed Lelouch on the lips. It doesn't get more obvious than that.

Quote:
Starting line doesn't mean anything really. We could easily see Kallen trump C.C. in all regards of development and closeness with Lelouch and I'm beginning to think that it is almost a given that it will happen.
I'm not sure that she'll trump her, thats up in the air but at the very least be closer to Lelouch not Zero.

There are two ways to view Kallen's point of view towards Lelouch/Zero. One leads to romantic feelings, one doesn't despite the feeling being strong.

1)Kallen views Lelouch as someone who was able to support her after her brother's death and help make her dream a reality.

2)Or someone who she views as a replacement for her brother.

Quote:
This is something completely true and it applies to Kallen too I believe. Yet with C.C., I can't help but think it may be pushing the limits too far into something that couldn't happen at all. Love is often chance meeting or circumstance like your example on Ougi and Viletta which was a completely random occurence. I'd say that had the cave incident never happened, there wouldn't be much of anything to discuss about the pairing at all since there would be nothing to truly discuss.
C.C. truly is a great match just like Kallen is. Both of them have sacrificed and risked so much for Lelouch.(Despite Kallen finding out a little late that Lelouch is Zero) It's why I would only choose Kallen if forced to pick one match for him.

Quote:
Another thing to take notice of is what some of the girls represent. C.C. is the representation of the Geass and the mystical aspect of the show. Kallen is more a combination of the military side as well as the school life, and Shirley is simply the normal everyday life of things. We saw what happened when Shirley crosses into the military side of things and how she wasn't able to handle it. C.C. is doubtful to ever move from what she represents and this is probably the biggest strike against her since I somewhat doubt she will ever move from that though she is involved with both the military aspects as well as some of the daily life ones. Kallen is a combination of the two latter representations which also puts her quite down to Earth with everything which is precisely where I see Lelouch at the end of things. I expect that Lelouch will have any aspects of the mystical side with the Geass will be gone from his life.
This is exactly why I expect there to be a love triangle in season 2. C.C. and Kallen have both shown signs in season 1 of their jealously when it comes to Lelouch. C.C. during the Shirley/Mao arc and Kallen of C.C.
Old 2008-03-31, 15:08   Link #1412
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Yeah, I doubt we'd see anything more than limbo with those two at all. I guess it pretty much is too much to hope for.

I'm somehow envisioning that C.C. will suffer a fate akin to that of Scherise (Sp?) from s-CRY-ed. C.C. may come to love Lelouch in a romantic way, but ultimately she is going to die, perhaps as some way of saving Lelouch. Lelouch will be saddened by this of course, but Kallen will be there too so he'll end up with her. Maybe C.C. will have some last talk with Lelouch where they simply part ways, which is something I almost see as impossible not to happen.
I could say the same with every other pairing as well in regards to limbo Dann, they all have problems that will need to be addressed eventually and how they handle it will be the question

Well, Kallen might not be so involved with school in R2 and purely apart of the Order if the bunny suit is any indication As you pointed out Shirely is purely a part of the school and doesn't look like she'll be able to cross that boundary anytime soon. I suppose if we're going to keep talking about the possibilities Milley also has an advantage in knowing about Lelouch's princely aspects as well. However, I've basically seen C.C have a handle on all of Lelouch up to this point compared to only the parts specialised by the other girls. She's now an active leader in the Black Knights, Pizza-hut eating and cheese-kun gathering tenent on his normal time, royaly aware of his origins (thank you Marianne ) AND a basic monopoly on the Geass aspects of his life. Where as the other pairings are limited in their insight C.C has had access to them all, which is why I've given her the edge thus far into the series

And must a director rehash one of his more original works from something he didn't even create personally Dann?
Old 2008-03-31, 15:15   Link #1413
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
To be honest, Episode 20 made me throw up a little in my throat. The SuzakuXEuphemia relationship was like something you would see in a carebears episode. (or a certain Gundam series)

Eh, the only person I see V.V. manipulating is Suzaku, but C.C. holding back information from Lelouch doesn't help them move any closer.

I have said it before but I believe that C.C. has moved it beyond a partnership once she kissed Lelouch on the lips. It doesn't get more obvious than that.

I'm not sure that she'll trump her, thats up in the air but at the very least be closer to Lelouch not Zero.

There are two ways to view Kallen's point of view towards Lelouch/Zero. One leads to romantic feelings, one doesn't despite the feeling being strong.

1)Kallen views Lelouch as someone who was able to support her after her brother's death and help make her dream a reality.

2)Or someone who she views as a replacement for her brother.

C.C. truly is a great match just like Kallen is. Both of them have sacrificed and risked so much for Lelouch.(Despite Kallen finding out a little late that Lelouch is Zero) It's why I would only choose Kallen if forced to pick one match for him.

This is exactly why I expect there to be a love triangle in season 2. C.C. and Kallen have both shown signs in season 1 of their jealously when it comes to Lelouch. C.C. during the Shirley/Mao arc and Kallen of C.C.
Exactly, there never seemed to be anything deep to it, though I know they loved each other. It was something like a cookie cutter relationship.

I could see V.V. manipulating Lelouch given the right circumstances. C.C. plans on telling Lelouch at some point and I think Marianne is partly the reason C.C. hasn't told him everything. Marianne will probably tell C.C. when to tell Lelouch everything. Still, holding back isn't good and there is also the fact that C.C. doesn't seem all that willing to speak about her self (along with the fact she can't remember much about her self).

While I do have to question why it had to be a kiss, it has been said the kiss was non romantic in nature. They also left romance out of season 1. If it was such a sign then I would be worried honestly since it seems like a sign that things are going to be bad.

I could easily see the option 2 being the case and it would also lead to a way of resolving any romantic issues with Kallen if things go to C.C.. Though things could just as easily be with 1.

They are both good, though one has to wonder who would be better in the long run. I'm still curious as to how C.C. would handle such a thing and there is still the issue of her immortality.

It's possible, but I would honestly like to avoid it if possible. It brings up so many complications and while it might be fun to watch Kallen and C.C. be jealous of one another, I think it would get old fast. You also run into the inevitable problem of Lelouch having to choose one over the other, which can just be bitter in the end. Also if C.C. were chosen and died, then we would suddenly shift to Kallen for the end.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-03-31, 15:22   Link #1414
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
It's possible, but I would honestly like to avoid it if possible. It brings up so many complications and while it might be fun to watch Kallen and C.C. be jealous of one another, I think it would get old fast. You also run into the inevitable problem of Lelouch having to choose one over the other, which can just be bitter in the end. Also if C.C. were chosen and died, then we would suddenly shift to Kallen for the end.
Bah, that makes it sound like a runners up prize. >_>

Yeah, I don't think they'd do it in that fashion even if they did have that kind of situation.
Old 2008-03-31, 15:29   Link #1415
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
I could say the same with every other pairing as well in regards to limbo Dann, they all have problems that will need to be addressed eventually and how they handle it will be the question

Well, Kallen might not be so involved with school in R2 and purely apart of the Order if the bunny suit is any indication As you pointed out Shirely is purely a part of the school and doesn't look like she'll be able to cross that boundary anytime soon. I suppose if we're going to keep talking about the possibilities Milley also has an advantage in knowing about Lelouch's princely aspects as well. However, I've basically seen C.C have a handle on all of Lelouch up to this point compared to only the parts specialised by the other girls. She's now an active leader in the Black Knights, Pizza-hut eating and cheese-kun gathering tenent on his normal time, royaly aware of his origins (thank you Marianne ) AND a basic monopoly on the Geass aspects of his life. Where as the other pairings are limited in their insight C.C has had access to them all, which is why I've given her the edge thus far into the series

And must a director rehash one of his more original works from something he didn't even create personally Dann?
Well, the relationship has to be both believable with the story as well as developed enough. I somewhat worry that it is harder with C.C. than the others.

True, Kallen will probably not be involved with the school aspect anymore I guess. And it's true that C.C. has been involved in all the aspects of Lelouch's life, but what is needed is for her to be capable of real love as well as the emotional aspects which she is somewhat lacking in with her whole mask and coldness.

I didn't mean it had to be exactly the same. At least Taniguchi's resolution with that whole thing was better than the manga's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
Bah, that makes it sound like a runners up prize. >_>

Yeah, I don't think they'd do it in that fashion even if they did have that kind of situation.
Well, that is pretty much what it would be which is why I don't want such a thing to happen. There is always the option that Lelouch ends up sort of like Simon, but I don't think Taniguchi would do something like that though it isn't out of the question.

Old 2008-03-31, 15:33   Link #1416
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Well, that is pretty much what it would be which is why I don't want such a thing to happen. There is always the option that Lelouch ends up sort of like Simon, but I don't think Taniguchi would do something like that though it isn't out of the question.
no, it's not the only way things could happen.

If C.C. dies, then Lelouch is going to end up with another girl before said death. Not the other way around.
Old 2008-03-31, 15:47   Link #1417
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
no, it's not the only way things could happen.

If C.C. dies, then Lelouch is going to end up with another girl before said death. Not the other way around.
Okay, it's not.

And if that is the only case with the way things can go, than things probably aren't looking good for LelouchXC.C.. I know I am jumping the gun, but it just seems hard to imagine an ending with her still alive. Even if she is, there is still the issue of her being immortal which is a problem that I don't know how it can be solved. We don't know quite what she is either, though I am inclined to think she was human at some point.

Old 2008-03-31, 16:10   Link #1418
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Normally, I would agree with this since animes 99.9% of the time choose the wrong person for the main character to end up with. Of course doing that is still possible in Geass, but if it comes down to C.C. or Kallen then they can't screw it up to me at least.
Old 2008-03-31, 16:18   Link #1419
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Normally, I would agree with this since animes 99.9% of the time choose the wrong person for the main character to end up with. Of course doing that is still possible in Geass, but if it comes down to C.C. or Kallen then they can't screw it up to me at least.
Well, if it comes down to choice I honestly think they'll with Kallen for some reason, though it's Taniguchi's call in the end. This is mainly a matter of perception, but I've honestly never seen much to suggest that Kallen and Lelouch would go well together as the majority of their interaction suggested that the best they could manage was a friendship, but if they can make the development good for such a thing than I don't really have much of a problem with it I guess. And with a love triangle, I think we have too much going on to focus on such a thing.

I'd also want the other girl to get a satisfying ending.

Old 2008-03-31, 16:54   Link #1420
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Well, the relationship has to be both believable with the story as well as developed enough. I somewhat worry that it is harder with C.C. than the others.

True, Kallen will probably not be involved with the school aspect anymore I guess. And it's true that C.C. has been involved in all the aspects of Lelouch's life, but what is needed is for her to be capable of real love as well as the emotional aspects which she is somewhat lacking in with her whole mask and coldness.

I didn't mean it had to be exactly the same. At least Taniguchi's resolution with that whole thing was better than the manga's.
How is it harder? If anything it makes it easier since this is the aspect that brought them together in the first place and the one thing she still had a one up on all the other girls

And I suppose Lelouch hasn't had a couple of masks on his emotions either? The two of them are so similar in terms of personality that it's almost scarey!

When Lelouch learns that there is more to C.C then the front she puts up, he in turn lets down his own front with her and acts differently from with anyone else thus far. With Nunnally he was always too emotional, too protective that he'd lie in order to ensure her happiness over his own. With Suzaku, he was actually quite as blunt as he was affectionate to a person he regarded as his first friend, but they never managed to harmonize with one another's different outlooks. When Lelouch is most honest, it is almost always with C.C, when he reflects his opinions or when he let's down his guard in front of her. It's actually Lelouch that convinces me the most about the pairings success, because thus far I've never seen him like he has been or truly is with anyone else.

And yeah, the manga was just sooooo cheesy But in any case, we shouldn't really compare it to Code Geass or any other series for that matter except to get a fix on Tanaguchi's style. I mean, Sherry sure as hell isn't like C.C nor do I see much similarity with any of the other to each other. You have to know that adaptation, not repetition, is required in each different circumstance Dann
Closed Thread

Tags
characters, romance