AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-21, 13:23   Link #1401
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
why so much un-needed hate for charlotte? aside from the political aspect is it because she's too friendly with teppei? it's not all her fault..
1) she met teppei first and not in the most normal of circumstances, she most likely came to like him a lot.
2) she finds out he is her friend's fiance through an arrange marriage... seeing as how she doesn't see sylvia to be remotely interested in teppei ...she figures sylvia is in the same arranged marriage that she is in and that they both want no part off (this is just a hypothesis)
3) she just recently had a heart to heart talk with the three other girls, they all confess to love teppei. sylvia does not mind and says she will be fine with whoever he falls for. that's pretty much sylvia giving the other girls the "ok" regarding teppei
4) teppei knows he is engaged and yet he prefers to flirt and seek out charlotte
I disagree they are friends and have been friends for a long time its about common courtesy and honestly common sense.
Read 4Tran's post on the previous page he said exactly what i feel about that whole situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
For me, episode 7 of Princess Lover brings up a few interesting thoughts. The first is that this show has no business talking about international politics since it's so very bad at it. The second is that Sylvia has good cause to be ticked off at Charlotte. They're supposed to be good friends, but Charlotte refused to tell her about her engagement and refused to explain why she did so despite being asked point blank. Even a "Sorry, but it's something I really don't want to talk about." would be a much better response than her handwaving non-answer. It's not exactly what a friend is supposed to do. Third, making the fiance of a potential lover loud and overbearing is a poor piece of storytelling. It automatically eliminates the level of threat that such a relationship is supposed to engender regardless of what the show wants to say about it. There's also no increase in romantic tension since we all know that the new guy is a total non-factor.

On the rest, the new development is decently interesting, but I'm rather more curious about how it will tie into the characters. It really only seems to work with Sylvia since Charlotte is firmly stuck in the damsel-in-distress role.

1. I dont think it really matters who met who first. If the situation were reversed and it was Sylvia who was acting like this I would be as equally disgusted by her attitude about it.

2.Why should she assume anything when they have been friends since childhood? She could have asked it would have been the polite thing to do. But in Charlotte's defense she did try to probe later on about how Sylvia felt about the marriage and Sylvia became introverted and didnt say much thats all on Sylvia.

3. True they all admitted they had feelings for Teppei truthfully and honestly so why then did she still hide the fact that she had a finance? Her excuse of "not wanting to talk about it" is rubbish all the other girls were honest. However once again in her defense Sylvia not speaking up can be seen as encouragement for Charlotte to continue her behavior.

4. He is a male character in harem anime there is nothing else to be said on this one lol.

Last edited by Sinestra; 2009-08-21 at 13:43.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 14:46   Link #1402
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
he is talking about sylvia
My statement still stands.
Old 2009-08-21, 15:43   Link #1403
zato_1one

I can't resist thinking about one of the anime trope when watching Ep8 preview.

A sword can fight a group of machine guns.
Old 2009-08-21, 17:06   Link #1404
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
1. I dont think it really matters who met who first. If the situation were reversed and it was Sylvia who was acting like this I would be as equally disgusted by her attitude about it.
I'm sorry what?
So you're saying there's a guy/girl/ferret/turtle you fancy... but due to some circumstances you are not able to spend much time with said person....some time goes by... you run into this person again and later you find out your friend also likes the person....you are going to just ignore your feelings for your friend?
If so good fo you, but l'm not going to throw away my happiness an later have regrets of what could had been....

lt's a thing to be a nuisance when you get in the way where said person wants to create/improve a relationship with your friend... then that would be wrong. Then there's the other where the person your friend likes doesn't seem tofeel the same way about your friend... and you see your friend do nothing to change this? You are saying you would ignore your own feelings and just forget about said person.
Case in point aside from them being forced into an engagement neither teppei/sylvia have acted like a couple... tried to act one or get to know each other more.

Quote:
2.Why should she assume anything when they have been friends since childhood? She could have asked it would have been the polite thing to do. But in Charlotte's defense she did try to probe later on about how Sylvia felt about the marriage and Sylvia became introverted and didnt say much thats all on Sylvia. .
Well you answered your own question right there.

Quote:
3. True they all admitted they had feelings for Teppei truthfully and honestly so why then did she still hide the fact that she had a finance? Her excuse of "not wanting to talk about it" is rubbish all the other girls were honest. However once again in her defense Sylvia not speaking up can be seen as encouragement for Charlotte to continue her behavior.
How can you hide something that wasn't ever asked of you? ( that night)
why would you want to talk about a subject that dampers your mood, and really was it a good time for sylvia to ask right there in the open infront of everyone?
like l said there are things you rather not talk about...and if you wish to talk about it l don't think you would want an audience. Charlotte was more talkative once she was alone with sylvia... not that whatever she did say was in any way informative

Quote:
4. He is a male character in harem anime there is nothing else to be said on this one lol.
wait so this gets him off the hook, for his actions?
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 19:58   Link #1405
cheshire

Quote:
I'm sorry what?
So you're saying there's a guy/girl/ferret/turtle you fancy... but due to some circumstances you are not able to spend much time with said person....some time goes by... you run into this person again and later you find out your friend also likes the person....you are going to just ignore your feelings for your friend?
If so good fo you, but l'm not going to throw away my happiness an later have regrets of what could had been....
Chill. No one's saying Charlotte should throw away her happiness. The least she could do, as a friend to Sylvia (I mean they have been friends for how long already and dumb as Charlotte usually is, for her not to notice that her actions are affecting Sylvia is way cruel), is to talk to her. Have a heart-to-heart. Whatever. Just talk and stop going behind Sylvia's back because as far as she knows, they're still engaged and it's nothing short of humiliating to be treated as if she were being cuckolded.

In short, common decency. Charlotte doesn't have it.

I'm still hoping we'd get some character development on her, but the way the show's going, I'm kinda having doubts.
cheshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 22:48   Link #1406
Justin Kim
*Artist

I mean just because Charlotte's role/play has been a bit more extended than Sylvia's it does not necssarily conclude that this will be a Charlotte route all the way. I mean the agreement at the onsen, just deliberately hinted at a harem kind of route, which I speculate more likely to happen than the Charlotte route.

Besides, Teppei invited Charlotte to discuss things and to increase their relationship, but not so in a sense to reject all the other girls.
Old 2009-08-21, 23:05   Link #1407
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Teppei also never officially accepted the marriage proposal, nor did Sylvia.. so yeah. You can't be saying bad stuff in that area.
Old 2009-08-21, 23:09   Link #1408
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Teppei also never officially accepted the marriage proposal, nor did Sylvia.. so yeah. You can't be saying bad stuff in that area.
I do Think that Vincent and Issin are under the impression that they are though. And good for Teppei for at least wanting to explore the option rather then outright rejecting it.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 23:17   Link #1409
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
I do Think that Vincent and Issin are under the impression that they are though. And good for Teppei for at least wanting to explore the option rather then outright rejecting it.

You are correct, teppei asked if he could reject it and he was told he could ANYTIME, so he has not done it yet. Of course once he accepts the engagement he still can cancel but then it would be bad form. So he has not accepted or rejected it yet. this way he won't insult Sylvia if he rejects her and if it happens he falls in love with her then he still can enjoy the bliss of having her.

In Charlotte's case, it is more difficult because she is actually engaged.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 00:07   Link #1410
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
[QUOTE]
Quote:
I'm sorry what?
If so good fo you, but l'm not going to throw away my happiness an later have regrets of what could had been.
You missed my point i dont care who met who first. Thats like 2 guys calling dibs over a girl they both happen to see. My point is not who met who it a matter of being polite being decent. Just because you like someone doesnt give you the right to be rude to your friend. Like i said this is not a Charlotte thing its a human thing.

Quote:
Well you answered your own question right there.
Yes I did i was just playing devil advocate but a person with common sense would know the right thing to do in this case.

Quote:
How can you hide something that wasn't ever asked of you? ( that night)
why would you want to talk about a subject that dampers your mood, and really was it a good time for sylvia to ask right there in the open infront of everyone?
like l said there are things you rather not talk about...and if you wish to talk about it l don't think you would want an audience. Charlotte was more talkative once she was alone with sylvia... not that whatever she did say was in any way informative
So Charlotte has not apprehensions about hanging all over Teppei in school ending in up in very provocative situations in and around school but when someone calls her on her BS she gets shy. The people that were around were the people that were already involved or know of the situation at hand. The way she talked to Sylvia was just down right rude and even in the aftermath she hardly said anything to make up for it. Sylvia felt there were more important matters to be discussed. She hid the fact that she was engaged if she did not purposely hide it she would not have said sorry. The right thing to do was to come clean and say she was engaged but she liked Teppei that would have been the honest thing to do.

My problem is not Charlotte winning or not its how she treats others in order to get that goal.

Quote:
wait so this gets him off the hook, for his actions?
Well it seemed appropriate but no i actually dont find Teppei to be a very good male lead hes just following the formula thats been laid out for him.
Old 2009-08-22, 02:43   Link #1411
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
I mean just because Charlotte's role/play has been a bit more extended than Sylvia's it does not necssarily conclude that this will be a Charlotte route all the way. I mean the agreement at the onsen, just deliberately hinted at a harem kind of route, which I speculate more likely to happen than the Charlotte route.
I think the chances for an open-ended ending is still good enough actually.

For one thing, there's the onsen episode that solidifies each girl's standing between each other, and now we have a more collective effort in trying to resolve Charlotte's route, which I may add, isn't exactly the same one from the game. In fact, it's so different from the game's scenario, not to mention that Silvia's route seems to be related in some way now as well.

More than before, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the anime will be striving for an original conclusion. But yes, I still think that Charlotte has the biggest chance so far, unless her conflict gets resolved soon.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 00:06   Link #1412
Wrath88
Kissing...

How about we just see what's everyone's opinion of how this will go? I'm not asking about who its going to end with (we'd never hear the end of that), but rather:
1. Anime-original plot of assassination, etc. will be wrapped up in a) next few episodes, b) end of the series?
2. a) Mixed plot themes (Relationship with action part) or b) Separated (Deal with one, then switch to the other)

Hmmm, 1 and 2 are quite linked though, but what do you guys think?
Old 2009-08-23, 04:52   Link #1413
RaiMinakami
Mystics Lounge

Send a message via Yahoo to RaiMinakami
I really love the anime version of princess lover...
But... I wonder if someone will release an uncensored version...
The Blackening and mosaics kinda ruins the whole fan service
in the show...
RaiMinakami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 10:30   Link #1414
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Princess Lover! episode 08 (tentative)
Spoiler for 2chan thread for Princess Lover! episode 08 (tentative):
GUIDELINES / RULES:
- Do NOT spread the 2chan link.
- If you want to quote my post, then please ERASE THE URL.
- If you want to (re)post screenshots from 2chan, then reload them on Imageshack and kindly supply the new links. In other words, do NOT hotlink. Why? It's simple: when the short-lived 2chan threads get junked along with their contents (aka screencaps), the broken urls automatically lead the user to a pageful of adult advertisements, a category of content outlawed by Animesuki's policy on inappropriate material.

Forewarning:
I'll erase the URL in a few hours (at least until the first raw or blog entry appears you-know-where) so, if you want to visit the page later on, save my link somewhere (in your bookmarks or notepad...whatever) while it's still up.

EDIT: link once again prematurely removed due to absence tomorrow (ergo, can't delete this anytime acceptably soon). Just keep your eyeballs on the regular areas of distribution and wait for the raw - your patience shall be rewarded in a few hours.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2009-08-23 at 17:58. Reason: 2chan link removal.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 11:35   Link #1415
Johnny
Working the bags...

Breasticles of all that's holy...!!!
Spoiler for ep8 pic:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 11:40   Link #1416
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Breasticles of all that's holy...!!!
Spoiler for ep8 pic:
She's getting desperate...and got a boob job...
Old 2009-08-23, 12:26   Link #1417
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Not looking good for Sylvia's chances.

Not that I was expecting a miracle or anything. -sigh-
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 14:11   Link #1418
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

......................................*smacks head on desk*

Spoiler for ep8:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 14:17   Link #1419
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep8:
l guess this screams...

Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-23, 17:30   Link #1420
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Spoiler for Episode 8 (warning i am RAGING):

Last edited by Sinestra; 2009-08-23 at 19:54.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, eroge, romance, seinen