AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-06, 19:10   Link #1421
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito_Kinomoto View Post
Funny. This, along with Evangelion, I happen to be one of the minority who's sort of middle ground on them.
Hmm ... have not seen Evangelion, but I have heard it is also another one of those works you either really like or dislike.

I happened to really enjoy Lucky Star, as I said, though, but I also liked K-On and (currently) Nichijou.

But not to go off topic in the thread much.... *cough cough*
Old 2011-06-06, 20:01   Link #1422
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
But not to go off topic in the thread much.... *cough cough*
Indeed. Maybe I should contribute something to this thread?

While I don't actually hate this movie, I found 5cm per second to be somewhat emotionally absent. Certainly, the animation, backgrounds and soundtrack are quite beautiful, but I always focus more on the literary parts of a work, especially with regards to romances.

I was not discontent with the theme itself, but how Makoto Shinkai went about fleshing it out. The characters were subtle, realistic and likable enough, but what hampered my sympathy for them was the nearly incessant use of internal monologue; 5 narrations per second. Why, after Makoto Shinkai managed to pull off the concept of show, not tell, the audience how the cast is feeling in The Place Promised in Our Early Days, did the formula change when it was just fine the way it was?

It's rather unfortunate too. It's an anime I really wanted to like.
GANBARIMASU
Old 2011-06-06, 22:02   Link #1423
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Index especially Touma, why everyone lieks him I'll never know. The Birirbiri is alright but otherwise, the cast is just one dimensional. It would had great to see some sort of Magic vs. Science theme but instead I get a shonen with a ridiculously one dimensional main character.

Last edited by Guernsey; 2011-06-06 at 22:15.
Old 2011-06-09, 15:20   Link #1424
mikewilco

more recently, "C the money of..." blah blah. *ducks*

also, anything using OBVIOUS computer animation. i just can't get over that style. yes, i realize they all use computers to animate now, but you know what i mean.
Old 2011-06-09, 16:27   Link #1425
ArrowSmith

Naruto, Dragonball Z, InuYasha... basically any series that has 100s of episodes draws my ire!
Old 2011-06-10, 23:08   Link #1426
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewilco View Post
more recently, "C the money of..." blah blah. *ducks*

also, anything using OBVIOUS computer animation. i just can't get over that style. yes, i realize they all use computers to animate now, but you know what i mean.
So you hated Last Exile and Summer Wars?
Old 2011-06-11, 16:46   Link #1427
Spyda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowSmith View Post
Naruto, Dragonball Z, InuYasha... basically any series that has 100s of episodes draws my ire!
Why? I think if a show can run that long and still keep an audience engaged and entertained they must be doing something right. (even if they are doing it over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over......)

My peeve is giant robots. It was interesting at first, then it was cool, later it was boring, and finally monotonous, now I loathe all mechs, zoids, machina, zords, bots, robos, and any other names we have for the stupid things.

Although, I actually did love Kurogane no Linebarrel. Anyone who says otherwise didn't really watch past episode 3 or 4. Because the "hero" was the biggest jerk I'd ever seen portrayed. But I would say that in a period of 2 shows they created a character who people actually hated, and to do that, takes some serious storytelling.
Old 2011-06-12, 10:41   Link #1428
mikewilco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post
got me there. never watched last exile, but summer wars was surprisingly good. still didn't like the art style though.
Old 2011-06-12, 14:34   Link #1429
mols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Index especially Touma, why everyone lieks him I'll never know. The Birirbiri is alright but otherwise, the cast is just one dimensional. It would had great to see some sort of Magic vs. Science theme but instead I get a shonen with a ridiculously one dimensional main character.
Lol, I agree with you. But I did not know Touma was liked that much...
I am reading the novels now, and I find that Touma is more likable. You can actually see that he thinks while moving, while in the anime you see long monologues when he should be fighting.

But I must point out that I don't hate the franchise, I just feel it could be better taking into account all the different factions, etc. And yes, I will see the third season if there ever is.
Old 2011-06-15, 08:46   Link #1430
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post
I think he ment more like Tiger VS Bunny where half of robots are clearly computarized, I also don't really like it.

Though I actually have no idea why Summer Wars are so popular. I watched it several days ago and for me it is around 6... most characters are a bit plain, the family conflict is sorted out too fast without really huge impact and whole romance came out of nowhere... they barely even talked to each other the whole show -_-

DTB is another mystery for me... Hei is probably the only worthy thing in that show... character are all plain and similar, story never was properly explained either... action is probably the only plus here...

Katekyo Hitman Reborn is also quiet popular but why is a total mystery to me. It does have some good sides that I like but over all there are so many minuses that it will take ages for me to name them all. If to summarize it in several words than this show is the most sexist I have ever seen and most of the characters seem to have come out of retarded house since they are THAT dumb! Especially for like first 70 episodes =/
Old 2011-07-21, 00:16   Link #1431
Kudryavka

Hated series: OreImo (My Little Sister Can't be This Cute)
Well, it's not the series per se that I hate, but it's Kirino and Kyousuke. Kirino is a stuck up beotch who treats everyone around her like dirt, and as an unrealistic thanks gets whatever she wants. Kyousuke basically is her butler/dog/uke who just does whatever she wants and doesn't get mad when she kicks him in the nuts (literally, she did once) as thanks for all his hard work.

And it's not like the creator is just that dumb, either; even Kuroneko, one of the few decent people on the show and Kirino's antithesis (she works hard, isn't afraid to show her otaku-ism, is nice to the few friends she has, and yet gets none of the gifts that Kirino gets), said to Kirino's face that she doesn't deserve half of the things she gets, since she doesn't work hard to get or keep it, just gets given stuff, and that she'd better appreciate her luck. If Kirino had just shut up, listened, and become nicer, said a thank you here or there, at least shown some deredere or something, shown some sort of growth as a character, then I would have been able to finish the series. But no, she had to go back to prancing around like a pompous ass.

Even worse is that the only people she somewhat respects, Ayase and the pigtail girl, are both dumb and anti-otaku, putting any blonde high school cheerleader queen in any American show to shame in lack of care for others. And even then, Kirino only has them around to wear some cool friends on her sleeve, not because she actually respects them (I can't imagine she respects Ayase, since she knows Ayase would hate her guts if she knew that Kirino plays loli eroge without Kyousuke's influence. A quite stupid reason to hate someone, indeed). And her otaku "friends", Kuroneko and Saori, she'd drop in an instant if Ayase and co. were nearby. What a friend we have in Kirino.

And then the end (which I accidentally read about in a review, I couldn't stomach any more episodes with Kirino or her brother in them):
Spoiler for end:

So basically, Kirino is presented as a girl with a horrible personality, and since she doesn't grow in any way, she's more of an antihero; maybe even an antagonist, if you can identify with Kyousuke or Kuroneko.

I swear that now that I think about it, I feel like I've been trolled by the author. Good job, you made me rant. Now end this shit and make a series that doesn't treat your otaku readers like they're all beautiful, smart, athletic, popular fashion models who have onii-chans as butt monkey butlers and otaku friends to step on when they feel like it. I see what you did here.
Old 2011-07-21, 01:05   Link #1432
Ash Falls Town

I liked the Tsubasa Chronicle anime.
And so in my opinion the best thing about the OVAs are that they're incompatible with the TV series so I can ignore all the ridiculous plot twists.
Old 2011-07-22, 02:20   Link #1433
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Shakugan no Shana. For some reason it's boring as hell to me.
Old 2011-07-26, 07:53   Link #1434
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

- Bakemonogatari
- Lucky Star
- Shakugan no Shana
- To Aru Majutsu no Index
- Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

Everyone said it's a good shows,
But somehow I lost my interest from the very first episode.
Old 2011-07-26, 08:36   Link #1435
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
- Bakemonogatari
- Lucky Star
- Shakugan no Shana
- To Aru Majutsu no Index
- Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

Everyone said it's a good shows,
But somehow I lost my interest from the very first episode.
Well first 4 pretty much don't change that much throughout its course, but there is a massive turning point in Madoka Magica at the end of ep3, which pretty much turned the show from potentially interesting to the craze of the year and it just exponentially got better from there. It probably is a bit overrated though... but so is just about every popular series.
Old 2011-07-26, 08:55   Link #1436
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
Well first 4 pretty much don't change that much throughout its course, but there is a massive turning point in Madoka Magica at the end of ep3, which pretty much turned the show from potentially interesting to the craze of the year and it just exponentially got better from there.
I've watched up to that point now and just for clarity and out of personal curiosity:

Spoiler for Madoka Magica spoilers:
Old 2011-07-26, 09:09   Link #1437
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I've watched up to that point now and just for clarity and out of personal curiosity:

Spoiler for Madoka Magica spoilers:
Spoiler for Turning Point:

Anyways, my point is that Madoka Magica is a series that should judged by episode 3 if it's possible.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2011-07-26 at 09:19.
Old 2011-07-26, 12:49   Link #1438
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Spoiler for Bad Twist:
Old 2011-07-30, 16:14   Link #1439
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiffer View Post
not really. i found that the first ep was much like the rest in style. you might watch ep 2, and if you don't like that - drop it.
i recommend NOT rewatching 1st ep. just start with the 2nd one. rewatching smth you don't like at first - is boring.
yeah I dropped after ep 1 and I don't regret it. It seems like it'll be eipsodic so what's the point of watching if i don't like ep 1... not to mention I hate the voice actress for the main girl and I don't like the sexual crap they put inthe episode ( so lame, so forced not to mention the characters are not very good)... I've seen sayonara zetsubou sensei by SHAFT and I loved that shit from the first ep

I hate ore imo it's like anime has sunk this low... it's so pathetic and sad and depressing.
If anyone know any blog entries like this about ore imo but like in english too then do post.
http://fuuing.blog53.fc2.com/blog-entry-81.html
http://fuuing.blog53.fc2.com/blog-entry-91.html
http://fuuing.blog53.fc2.com/blog-entry-89.html

some of the stuff in the entry/comments is like that

stuff b.t. "" is my translation
"""""""it has really cheap crappy characters, really unrealistic and pathetic (only otaku could follow this), the only selling point is the cuteness of the characters, otakus who spend money on this are complete idiots and need to figure out they're being conned, as long as there are countles otakus praising this piece of shit at this point in time, they will keep on making only these kind of shitty,been done a billions times

when are they going to stop sucking otaku dick (basically kissing their ass), they only think about selling. this mud-covered shit anime. it makes me want to throw up and feel queasy from watching it. perfect report card, good at sports, perfect-looking otaku sister. just from that setting it's completely ridiculous. just from the title this is a 0. if i were to explain why it's no good I would loss count.

cheap otaku-pleaseing setting
shallow otaku intelligencce that is not that deep, but enough to rouse up the websites
otaku boasting to make it seem as if otaku is a status"""""""""""""

・オタクに否定的な世間や一般人を悪く言いそうな作品の雰囲気
・美少女のオタク妹の全てを許容し支援する自称普通人の兄の存在
・その兄というのがオタクにとっての都合のいい人物で、まさしく世間はこうであれとでも言いた げな
・肝心のオタク設定を持つヒロインが完璧超人で恵まれた環境にいるためこれっぽっちの共感性も わかない
there's no way for anyone to empathize with the otaku heroine snice she a perfect person who is in a really good environment.
・中学生であるヒロインの妹はモデルと携帯小説で何十万も稼いでいるというバカらしい設定
the ridiculosuly dumb setting that the younger sister who is in middle school makes 1000s of dollars with her cellphone novel and modeling.
・全キャラクターの言動が幼稚。というか、人間を知らないオタクが考えたようなセリフばっかで現実感に乏し い。
all the charcters are actions are chidlish. rather maybe it's because their lines are something that an otaku (who doesn't know about real humans) would think up... there's no reality that can be feld.
・アホがアホ面してみるアホアニメの代表格である

こんアニメが制作されて支持されているというのは、非常にショック。

もうね、支持してる人間が痛すぎ。
小学生?中学生?そんなレベル。
だれだれが可愛いとか、妹がほしいとか、低レベルにもほどがある。
これが今のオタクの姿なのかと思うと、今後のアニメ業界に対して暗澹たる気持ちになってしまう 。
もうちょっと視聴者の質があがれば、こんなアホなアニメが制作されることはないのにねぇ。
"it's just painful to see the people supporting this. elementaory school ppl? middle school? that level probably. the level is low saying stuff like _ is cute or i want that kind of sister. so pathetic. to think that the otaku now a days are like this makes me feel doubtful about the anime busines. if they had more high quality viewers they wouldn't have to make such idiotic anime like this.."

アホを産み出す元凶はネットですか?
・・・俺妹に関しては今後も批判を続けていきたい。
できれば信者たちの気持ち悪さを紹介できればと思う。

It just explains why it sucks so well. I'm not a pathetic otaku loser so obviously I hate this show.
I can't translate all this cause translting is not my forte and and it's long but do rikai-chan it out if ypuor studying japanese.

Last edited by xxanimefan4_ever; 2011-07-30 at 16:31.
Old 2011-07-31, 07:30   Link #1440
Roduigez
Haruhiist

Amoung my friends I'd say the majority of children's anime, Pokemon, Yu Gi Oh!, DBZ etc. They were the shows that put me off anime till much later, but everyone else seemed to love them.