Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-11, 23:11   Link #1421
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
And Rukia gave her powers to Ichigo, which also awakened Orihime's power. If Rukia wasn't there, Orihime would just be another person in Ichigo's class instead of being his nakama.
And Ichigo would just be normal, and Bleach woudn't exist. Let's nip this one in the bud, 'kay?

Sorry for unnecessary posts.
Old 2008-10-11, 23:19   Link #1422
ruote

no offense, but d-gray man is a mediocre anime(for me), but i agree it gets better, though i stopped watching it.
Allen is cute but characters in bleach are better.
between Miranda and Orihime --- i'll pick Hime.
oh they actually have the same powers huh... reversing,(both also have inferiority complex)
Old 2008-10-12, 01:26   Link #1423
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia View Post
Osbiously, Orihime thinks Ichigo wants to fight alone all the time! That just proves how she doesn't understand him at all. His hero complex and his desire to carry the world on his shoulders alone is A PROBLEM and A FLAW. And Orihime isn't helping. She is standing like a glass doll behind him the whole time in HM in case she breaks
First off, you're saying that Orihime thinks Ichigo wants to fight alone and shoulder the wieght of the world . That is completely false. Since she gained her powers her only goal has been to help him, she went to SS because she wanted to protect him and help Rukia. She and Ishida tryed to help him vs the Gate Guard in SS but they were told not to interfear, she had to be litarly drug away kicking and screaming and even knocked out to pervent her from interfearing with Ishida's big fight. She, nor anyone else under captain level, wasn't able to get close to the hill to do much of anything durring the final fights in the SS arc. She and Chad confronted the Vizzords because Ichigo was being silent on what was going on with them. As where they the first to go after the Espada in the park and even after Chad told her to leave him behind she still went back for Chad and thought for a second that she just needed to hold out untill help showed up (Ichigo) before desideing that he had too much on his plate and that she needed to defeat them herself. Sadly Yami proved to be to powerful, And when Ichigo's hollow started to act up preventing him from fighting Yami she threw herself into their fight even though Ichigo had told her to stay out of it getting herself injured. This caused Ichigo to become depressed for the dubble reason of not being able to protect his friends, and Orihime not leting him take responsablity for her injuries feeding the depression spiral for both of them for a good week or so. Durring the first Gimjaw invasion Rangiku had her "watch" her Gaiga to keep her out of the fighting (given the Omake in Vol 25 it seems she was most likely restrained via molesting by Momone somewhat like what happend with Ichigo and Chappy). She walks unhesatiting in to the Vizzards base on orders from the old man to tell Ichigo Azein's plans and reafirms that she wants to get stronger. This leads to her being told by Urahara that she is useless, which completly crushes her, and she is ready to step aside there reather then be in the way untill Rukia talk's some sense into her and offers to help her and leads to her leaveing with Riukia to train in SS with the resolvethat the next time she see Ichigo she would be able to fight without looking at his back. This then lead to her kidnaping.

As for her not doing anythin durring the HM arc, care to tell me when she has been in a possition to do anything to help in the fights? Was it the time she was locked in a room that she was unable to get out of, (and yes they do show her pounding or clawing at the door to open it so she was trying to get out)? The Grim/Ulqui fight where she was busy fixing a mostly dead Ichigo? The Grim/Ichigo fight where she was stuck at the top of a very tall pillar where Ichigo had told Nell and her to stay out of the fight?
Spoiler for manga:

I mean your right She nothing like the bad assness that Rukia was durring the SS arc, what with her complete powerlessness and her actively working against her rescue and wanting to die.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

Last edited by kagato3; 2008-10-12 at 06:51.
Old 2008-10-12, 04:53   Link #1424
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Too bad NGE sucks, it was just a bunch of random things happening with no proper resolution.

And from your earlier post, you sounded like you prefer it that you go. "Oooo, pretty, shiny, boom boom"

Granted that Bleach isn't exactly a philosophical story. Theres elements in there that makes it go beyond the standard DBZ formula.
Don't get me wrong, I like Bleach and loved it up until the end of the SS arc, but along with Naruto, it is this generation's DBZ.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2008-10-12, 06:38   Link #1425
mugenTaichou
Sanity, you say?

Orihime is hated because she's the only one that confessed love in bleach... and oh lulz, while ichigo was in deep sleep. Go girl, for going rounds and rounds!

Old 2008-10-12, 11:01   Link #1426
Scarlett_Rain55

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post

First off, you're saying that Orihime thinks Ichigo wants to fight alone and shoulder the wieght of the world . That is completely false. Since she gained her powers her only goal has been to help him, she went to SS because she wanted to protect him and help Rukia. She and Ishida tryed to help him vs the Gate Guard in SS but they were told not to interfear, she had to be litarly drug away kicking and screaming and even knocked out to pervent her from interfearing with Ishida's big fight. She, nor anyone else under captain level, wasn't able to get close to the hill to do much of anything durring the final fights in the SS arc. She and Chad confronted the Vizzords because Ichigo was being silent on what was going on with them. As where they the first to go after the Espada in the park and even after Chad told her to leave him behind she still went back for Chad and thought for a second that she just needed to hold out untill help showed up (Ichigo) before desideing that he had too much on his plate and that she needed to defeat them herself. Sadly Yami proved to be to powerful, And when Ichigo's hollow started to act up preventing him from fighting Yami she threw herself into their fight even though Ichigo had told her to stay out of it getting herself injured. This caused Ichigo to become depressed for the dubble reason of not being able to protect his friends, and Orihime not leting him take responsablity for her injuries feeding the depression spiral for both of them for a good week or so. Durring the first Gimjaw invasion Rangiku had her "watch" her Gaiga to keep her out of the fighting (given the Omake in Vol 25 it seems she was most likely restrained via molesting by Momone somewhat like what happend with Ichigo and Chappy). She walks unhesatiting in to the Vizzards base on orders from the old man to tell Ichigo Azein's plans and reafirms that she wants to get stronger. This leads to her being told by Urahara that she is useless, which completly crushes her, and she is ready to step aside there reather then be in the way untill Rukia talk's some sense into her and offers to help her and leads to her leaveing with Riukia to train in SS with the resolvethat the next time she see Ichigo she would be able to fight without looking at his back. This then lead to her kidnaping.

As for her not doing anythin durring the HM arc, care to tell me when she has been in a possition to do anything to help in the fights? Was it the time she was locked in a room that she was unable to get out of, (and yes they do show her pounding or clawing at the door to open it so she was trying to get out)? The Grim/Ulqui fight where she was busy fixing a mostly dead Ichigo? The Grim/Ichigo fight where she was stuck at the top of a very tall pillar where Ichigo had told Nell and her to stay out of the fight?
Spoiler for manga:

I mean your right She nothing like the bad assness that Rukia was durring the SS arc, what with her complete powerlessness and her actively working against her rescue and wanting to die.
yes, yes oh god yes! Thanks for putting my thoughts into words! This is exactly what I've been wanting to say, I just can't put my ideas and thoughts into words....
Old 2008-10-12, 13:50   Link #1427
Syphen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbl View Post
Don't get me wrong, I like Bleach and loved it up until the end of the SS arc, but along with Naruto, it is this generation's DBZ.
i completely agree with you, the story has lost its unique feel and is slowly turning into a prettier DBZ clone with more emphasis on the reanimated fights than on achieving a compelling plot.
Old 2008-10-12, 13:55   Link #1428
Scarlett_Rain55

Meh people can say I read Bleach for the romance, cause I really don't care what's going on anymore except for when my favorite character get screen time, that's when I start reading. I don't really like reading fights in a manga, that's what the anime is for!
Old 2008-10-12, 16:58   Link #1429
Kuroda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
Meh people can say I read Bleach for the romance, cause I really don't care what's going on anymore except for when my favorite character get screen time, that's when I start reading. I don't really like reading fights in a manga, that's what the anime is for!

I've never really caught a sense of romance in bleach, its not like they date or anything, but if i recall correctly, bleach is classified as comedy/action ain't it?

as for Orihime getting her powers, if you notice out of her and tatski getting attacked by her brother she was the only one who got her soul knocked out of her body at the time, seeing Shinigami and Hollow as a result meaning she already had a high amount of spiritual power? i think the event just unlocked her powers.
Old 2008-10-12, 19:00   Link #1430
StrawRabbi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia View Post
Osbiously, Orihime thinks Ichigo wants to fight alone all the time! That just proves how she doesn't understand him at all. His hero complex and his desire to carry the world on his shoulders alone is A PROBLEM and A FLAW. And Orihime isn't helping. She is standing like a glass doll behind him the whole time in HM in case she breaks

Wishful thinking, that's all I can say. I've got no idea how did you decide that.
if that happens, she will end up as the most hated Bleach character not to mention, the same will happen over and over again.
I agree. I've noticed more and more people hate her since she has so much spotlight. I think if they keep showing her character as much as they are now she's going to be hated.

today my friend ever said the she's strating to hates orihime and was calling her a whiny brat. (though I think she over did it a little.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Huh? Are we talking about the same Orihime who spent several chapters saying how she wanted to get stronger to help him fight? Indeed, her greatest wish is to fight alongside Ichigo. Unfortunately, when she does try to help, she is overpowered (Ichigo vs Yami), can't withstand the reiatsu (Bya vs Ichigo), restrained by enemy (Ichigo vs. Noi) or Ichigo himself tells her stay out the way (Yami again). In fact a lot of people are annoyed by the fact that she just doesn't accept the
fact that she's not a fighter and resign herself to simply healing.
i think some poeple are annoyed because she say's she'd help but in the end she got scared of him and just watched 'til Nel had to tell her to believe in him. She is more of a lover than a hater/fighter though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
....and Ichigo save Rukia so if he didn't save her, she wouldn't exist either.
Quote:
And Rukia gave her powers to Ichigo, which also awakened Orihime's power. If Rukia wasn't there, Orihime would just be another person in Ichigo's class instead of being his nakama.
So in the end bleach's plot all started because Rukia choose to save Ichigo and his family from a hollow? wow she really screwed up lol. then again
Old 2008-10-12, 19:03   Link #1431
Scarlett_Rain55

Rukia ruined everyones lives! lol. XD
Old 2008-10-12, 19:06   Link #1432
StrawRabbi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
Rukia ruined everyones lives! lol. XD
lol well ichigo didn't seem bothered. and orihime got closer to ichigo. so i think its all a win (sometimes)
Old 2008-10-12, 19:16   Link #1433
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
I don't hate Orihime. I really like her, actually. In general I'm just annoyed by her inability to fight and effectively attack and hurt her opponents. I realize it's part of her nature, but come on; at some point you have to get tired of being the weak/helpless/only good for healing and shielding one.
Old 2008-10-12, 19:30   Link #1434
StrawRabbi

Quote:

Spoiler for manga:

Those are the exact reasons why orihime isn't in my top fav character list. To me she makes girls look really weak. :P
If she stopped complaining and worrying about Ichigo and actually try and help (even if she's more of a healer) I'd like her better. She's like every other typical anime girl in love, somewhat depressed and, weak (mentally and physically, and doesn't do much.)
She says she's going to do something and i stil haven't seen anything worth watching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbl View Post
i agree on that. i don't get why everyone say the HM or SS arc are Ichiruki or Ichihime. I mean Ichigo is always saving everyone.
Old 2008-10-13, 03:32   Link #1435
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
bah...it could be Peach Girl, but only with Bleach characters
Old 2008-10-13, 08:30   Link #1436
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawRabbi View Post
Those are the exact reasons why orihime isn't in my top fav character list. To me she makes girls look really weak. :P
If she stopped complaining and worrying about Ichigo and actually try and help (even if she's more of a healer) I'd like her better. She's like every other typical anime girl in love, somewhat depressed and, weak (mentally and physically, and doesn't do much.)
She says she's going to do something and i stil haven't seen anything worth watching.
Seems you didn't get my point at all. Every person Orihime has faced in direct combat, aside from when she got her powers, has been the at least ranked as a third seat or above and all but one of those have beaten the crap out of Ichigo, Chad or
Spoiler for manga:
otherwise she has been forced to remain out of the battle not because she is weak but something is actively preventing her. As for her worrying about Ichigo I'm thinking those that don't like her are blowing it way out of proportion and fankly she doesn't seem to do it any more offen then Rukia, or Ichigo himself has infact most of the times she is worrying about Ichigo is because he himself is depressed or has a lot on his mind.
As for trying to help, Ichigo's ego makes this a huge problem, he feels he must protect anyone that he feels is weaker then him, and that pretty much includes everyone that has not handed him his ass. When Orihime was hurt by Yami because she blocked a hit ment for Ichigo when his hollow was acting up he got all depressed because in part because she was not letting him take the blame even though it was her own fault she was hurt this ended up as a nice self feeding loop of the telling him that it wasn't his fualt to try to make him feel better and him getting more depressed because she wasn't blameing him.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2008-10-13, 08:34   Link #1437
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
I probably wouldn't mind that so much... except it'll be Strawberry Boy, lol
Old 2008-10-13, 08:44   Link #1438
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
As for trying to help, Ichigo's ego makes this a huge problem, he feels he must protect anyone that he feels is weaker then him, and that pretty much includes everyone that has not handed him his ass. When Orihime was hurt by Yami because she blocked a hit ment for Ichigo when his hollow was acting up he got all depressed because in part because she was not letting him take the blame even though it was her own fault she was hurt this ended up as a nice self feeding loop of the telling him that it wasn't his fualt to try to make him feel better and him getting more depressed because she wasn't blameing him.
Ichigo is a closet masochist
Old 2008-10-13, 12:40   Link #1439
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Oh, the horror .

Quote:
Ichigo is a closet masochist
It's not really closet anymore, since everyone knows. COME OUT OF THE CLOSET, ICHIGO.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2008-10-13, 17:39   Link #1440
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawRabbi View Post
i agree on that. i don't get why everyone say the HM or SS arc are Ichiruki or Ichihime. I mean Ichigo is always saving everyone.

I thank that because he is close to them and that fighting to save them and fighting along with them, in HM and SS arc Rukia and Orhime get more close to Ichigo when they fight to get some one like orhime arc made rukia closer. rukia arc made orhime closer.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Closed Thread