AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-28, 07:18   Link #14561
Liddo-kun
is this so?

American Saimoe might even be a success, there's no harm in trying.

Though as stated by others earlier, there's already a problem with the bias publicly shown by the organizer.
Certainly casts a shadow of doubt even before the tournament begins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Wikipedia has officially deleted the Korean Moe information from their article.
All information? even from Korean Saimoe last year?
That is unfair to Hinagiku, Suiseiseki and Shana. -_-

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2007-11-28 at 07:57.
Old 2007-11-28, 10:54   Link #14562
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by -boiledliddo- View Post
All information? even from Korean Saimoe last year?
That is unfair to Hinagiku, Suiseiseki and Shana. -_-
I can just as easily put it back (It's called reversing changes), but the wikipedia official editors are looking for some sort of official source to document the Korean Saimoe. Given that the official website usually refreshes their information, there isn't really a way that we can document the sources for Korean Saimoe.
Old 2007-11-28, 13:30   Link #14563
thenightsshadow

And there's really no loophole to put it back. I checked.
Old 2007-11-28, 17:14   Link #14564
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Discussion about sources for the Korean SaiMoe can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Mo...Moe_Sources.3F

I have yet to register for an account at Wikipedia. If the "IP 167" address gets the clear to add information, I'll probably log on.

Been pretty busy, though.
Old 2007-11-28, 18:37   Link #14565
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Anybody got the turnout information for China's saimoe as of currently?
China's first saimoe of 2007 have officialy ended, they are, as of right now, accepting nomination for 2008.
Old 2007-11-28, 18:47   Link #14566
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicido View Post
China's first saimoe of 2007 have officialy ended, they are, as of right now, accepting nomination for 2008.
From the 07 season?

what was the avg number of votes per round/match?
Old 2007-11-28, 19:06   Link #14567
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
From the 07 season?

what was the avg number of votes per round/match?
One-on-one battle vote total can range from 4000-8000 depending on the contestants.
The final battle between Yuki and Konata had a vote total of 8191.

However you have to consider that Chinese people are very experienced computer users, spam votes are relatively easy for them to cast.

Claymore characters were banned in the middle because they have thousands and thousands of spam votes detected every round.
Old 2007-11-28, 20:21   Link #14568
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
One-on-one battle vote total can range from 4000-8000 depending on the contestants.

However you have to consider that Chinese people are very experienced computer users, spam votes are relatively easy for them to cast.

Claymore characters were banned in the middle because they have thousands and thousands of spam votes detected every round.
YEEEOUCH!

Wow, they handled things quite differently. I would have preferred Japan's P-range ban rather than the banning of characters as a whole.
Old 2007-11-28, 20:41   Link #14569
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:

The voter turnout is very good.

Though vote spamming is obviuosly a problem.
I still prefer Japan's voting system to the Chinese.
Old 2007-11-28, 20:58   Link #14570
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Yeah, that's the thing. China is completely fixed, and since they are the most populated country in the world (or is that India?), vote spamming detection is a huge problem. I'd rather go with the IP ban rather than just the removal of characters.
Old 2007-11-28, 22:42   Link #14571
Konata-chan
Wannabe Konata Izumi

Send a message via AIM to Konata-chan Send a message via MSN to Konata-chan
Wow, I never knew there was a Chinese Saimoe tourny with Konata as the winner. Considering that Rika won the Japanese and Hina/Shana won both Korean tournaments, either China, Japan and Korea have different definitions as to what "moe" is or different winners would result from a one-on-one elimination tournament. As happy as I am with Konata's victory in China, I'm surprised though cuz she isn't as top-tier as some other characters, ie. Shana.
Old 2007-11-28, 22:48   Link #14572
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Actually, Japan and Korea are quite similar. It was just the fact that Japan added the idea of strategic voting in 2007, hence the results were completely mixed up from what was expected.

I mean, last year, both Jade and Crimson made both final fours in Japan and Korea, and in both tournaments, Jade won.

... wait... why am I pairing those two? They're like worlds apart!
Old 2007-11-29, 00:14   Link #14573
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konata-chan View Post
Wow, I never knew there was a Chinese Saimoe tourny with Konata as the winner. Considering that Rika won the Japanese and Hina/Shana won both Korean tournaments, either China, Japan and Korea have different definitions as to what "moe" is or different winners would result from a one-on-one elimination tournament. As happy as I am with Konata's victory in China, I'm surprised though cuz she isn't as top-tier as some other characters, ie. Shana.
Lucky Star is really big in China, SHnY used to be bigger but hey, that was like a year ago. The reason why the outcome are different is not because that the different countries have different view of moe, but because they have different group of otakus voting. Most of the people in China who are interested in Saimoe 07 have their favourites from LS/RM/Nanoha. However, most of them didn't bother with Chinese Saimoe simply because they don't think the result will suit there taste.

EDIT: For those of you who are interested, this is the link to the Chinese fan-made Saimoe 07 newspaper. There are lots of interesting stuff, like character stat cards, series focus, detailed character description and my favourite, the after match character interview
Old 2007-11-29, 05:47   Link #14574
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
EDIT: For those of you who are interested, this is the link to the Chinese fan-made Saimoe 07 newspaper. There are lots of interesting stuff, like character stat cards, series focus, detailed character description and my favourite, the after match character interview
Oh, crap! The post-Super Moe Interview! I totally forgot!

I'll get it up as soon as I can. In the meantime, enjoy my new website. It's only a draft, and it's not the official one for my Saimoe fan fics.

EDIT: oh, should I hire a fan-artist?
Old 2007-11-29, 09:24   Link #14575
wontaek

About wikipedia entry for Korean Best Moe Tournament, I have received an email from Eundong, the Best Moe Tournament website administrator, that easy to access tournament result pages for both 2006 and 2007 results are being planned. He is busy with other things, however, thus won't get to it until about the end of this year. What may be more pertinent is that there are no entry about the Best Moe in Korean Wikipedia page. Best Moe Tournament data is abundant in Korean websites, but no one has taken the trouble of mentioning about them in the KOREAN wikipedia page. Although this is probably due to fact that very few Koreans use wikipedia, I hope this oversight will be addressed very soon.
Old 2007-11-29, 09:26   Link #14576
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
A fan-artist? To do this light novel style? Hmm... probably get some text to show them exactly what you're trying to do. Go with the assumption you won't have images to help describe situations though.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2007-11-29, 09:32   Link #14577
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
About wikipedia entry for Korean Best Moe Tournament, I have received an email from Eundong, the Best Moe Tournament website administrator, that easy to access tournament result pages for both 2006 and 2007 results are being planned. He is busy with other things, however, thus won't get to it until about the end of this year. What may be more pertinent is that there are no entry about the Best Moe in Korean Wikipedia page. Best Moe Tournament data is abundant in Korean websites, but no one has taken the trouble of mentioning about them in the KOREAN wikipedia page. Although this is probably due to fact that very few Koreans use wikipedia, I hope this oversight will be addressed very soon.
Did you just say easy access to 2006 results? Maybe I will hold off the Villa of Jade story development for a while...

I'm still doing the introductory portion.
Old 2007-11-29, 10:06   Link #14578
Psieye
Lore Hunter

If they include the graphs and piecharts of past matches, that would be a huge boon indeed. But I'll still be satisified even if it's just text lists of match results.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2007-11-29, 11:11   Link #14579
FateAnomaly

Quote:

Thats a weird way to do things. So if you want your char to win , spam vote the other party?
Old 2007-11-29, 11:39   Link #14580
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Well, it was only done against Claymore which hardly is the biggest target possible. Thus, all the more suspicion that it had to be spam votes every round as opposed to if it happened to really big shows (this includes the mainstream shows that were doing strong in C Saimoe).

Closed Thread