AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-05, 08:21   Link #1441
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Like when someone pretends to be someone they're not to get far but doesn't really want to and feels ashamed.
Old 2011-12-05, 14:23   Link #1442
com_gwp

This series needs its own sub-forum. Where's the fun when we can't discuss the references they're throwing around?
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 06:15   Link #1443
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Eh, if there were a sub-forum, I'd prefer one for the entire Megami Tensei franchise rather than just for the Persona sub-series.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 12:42   Link #1444
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
I'm pretty sure Persona has pretty much become the main series. ~_~

I'd love a new SMT, though I want a new Persona more...
Old 2011-12-06, 13:23   Link #1445
Yuna Amakura

I wouldn't say Persona has become the main series. After all, SMT games just pop up suddenly, it's not like the series is dead. But if we're talking about popularity, it's obvious that Persona is "the main series" (even though SMT is way better).
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 15:01   Link #1446
piccahoe
Pain & Determination

This Anime is so underrated. It would need fan service to get in a sub forums, I guess.
piccahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 15:07   Link #1447
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccahoe View Post
This Anime is so underrated. It would need fan service to get in a sub forums, I guess.
I'm pretty sure its #1 on the sales charts. Its rated well where it counts.
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 17:23   Link #1448
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccahoe View Post
I actually think the anime is actually overrated instead of underrated. The anime has not impressed too many people who played the game.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 17:30   Link #1449
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
I actually think the anime is actually overrated instead of underrated. The anime has not impressed too many people who played the game.
False, there is backlash but that is it. I think majority/casual fan like it and the critical one is more harsh.

But, as much I love this adaptation I can't really regard this as top class show because the production value is piss poor, which is a shame because I like everything else beside its.
Old 2011-12-06, 17:43   Link #1450
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
But, as much I love this adaptation I can't really regard this as top class show because the production value is piss poor, which is a shame because I like everything else beside its.
They are saving it for P3... I can hope.
Old 2011-12-06, 17:59   Link #1451
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
They are saving it for P3... I can hope.
I don't think P3 is suited for anime though, P4 is the choice for that if they want make one (and they did)
Old 2011-12-06, 18:12   Link #1452
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
I don't think P3 is suited for anime though, P4 is the choice for that if they want make one (and they did)
They did make the non-canon P3, but I guess the issue with P3 in and of itself is the way the game was set-up. I'll hold out hope, nevertheless, because I really enjoyed the story of P3.
Old 2011-12-06, 19:01   Link #1453
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
False, there is backlash but that is it. I think majority/casual fan like it and the critical one is more harsh.

That's one reason why i call it overrated, it could not live up to the hype that it got. It somewhat dumbed down some of the things in the game, like the inner struggles of the characters when confronted by their shadows and it rushed the character developments with the social links. And like you mentioned the production value are also lower than they should be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
They did make the non-canon P3, but I guess the issue with P3 in and of itself is the way the game was set-up. I'll hold out hope, nevertheless, because I really enjoyed the story of P3.
P3 had pretty much almost no story up untill half way in the game (let's destroy the big shadows that appear in the city and the group only realizes after a few months that those things only appear during full moon), i also think that p4 that had a plot (let's prevent the deaths of the people who appeared in the midnight channel and look for the criminal at the same time) from the start is more suited for an anime.
Old 2011-12-06, 19:10   Link #1454
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
P3 had pretty much almost no story up untill have way in the game (let's destroy the big shadows that appear in the city and the group only realizes after a few months that those things only appear during full moon), i also think that p4 that had a plot (let's prevent the deaths of the people who appeared in the midnight channel and look for the criminal at the same time) from the start is more suited for an anime.
Part of the story of P3 is the mystery of our main character, though, and that is what is established early along with most of the arcana connections. Then, later, everything falls into place and the plot gets going.

But we're OT.
Old 2011-12-06, 19:15   Link #1455
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Im hoping for a P3 aswell, i wouldnt mind them altering it either so it fits better in anime format.
And yeah The SMT series should have its own sub forum
Old 2011-12-06, 19:21   Link #1456
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Some are looking down on it because of the poor animation quality, but if Fairy Tail is being excepted despite stiff movement then so can this. And the series are getting better with each episode. Especially after episode 7 and 8, which gathered a rather positive feedback from the community. As a game fan I too am not satisfied with some of the things, but I'm still highly enjoying this. Ep 10 can't come soon enough.
Old 2011-12-06, 19:45   Link #1457
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
That's one reason why i call it overrated, it could not live up to the hype that it got. It somewhat dumbed down some of the things in the game, like the inner struggles of the characters when confronted by their shadows and it rushed the character developments with the social links. And like you mentioned the production value are also lower than they should be
To be honest that part in game isn't so great either...
I like the shadow showdown in Yosuke and Yukiko episode that is as good as its get.

And I don't really get the complain about S.Link either, they doing good job for me involving it, of course they not gonna go full course on that but the game counterpart isn't more significant either, the event is just about 2-3 minute per each.

I much rather with moon and strength's arcana episode approach than what the game does for anime.

Well maybe its because infact I don't really have the problem with the pacing either, because I think I'm already experienced the whole thing in game, I can shake the rushed part because that. Its not really different with adaptation from novel, 1:1 adaptation is impossible anyway

So I'm just enjoying the fun part in anime, the cool thing that they add in anime (mutiple persona, fusion) and the joy of dialogue flowing without waiting 45 sec per dialogue bubble.

I think people that enjoying the anime must be thinking like that too.
Old 2011-12-06, 20:08   Link #1458
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
To be honest that part in game isn't so great either...
I like the shadow showdown in Yosuke and Yukiko episode that is as good as its get.
And would you make a somewhat serious sexual confused Kanji confronting his shadow into a comedic laugh off? I doubt that.

Quote:
And I don't really get the complain about S.Link either, they doing good job for me involving it, of course they not gonna go full course on that but the game counterpart isn't more significant either, the event is just about 2-3 minute per each.
So i talked with a guy for 3 minutes while camping and i immediately created a powerfull bond with him ?(and yes he did create a bond with him, because in the beginning of the next episode, you can see Margeret holding an Hanged man card)

Quote:
Well maybe its because infact I don't really have the problem with the pacing either, because I think I'm already experienced the whole thing in game, I can shake the rushed part because that. Its not really different with adaptation from novel, 1:1 adaptation is impossible anyway
The game was not that long if they only used the dialogue and some boss battles, because most of time you were busy doing quests and dungeon crawling, Pacing was not the issue here,
My main point was not an 1:1 adaption, but rather a poor implementation of this adaption
Old 2011-12-06, 22:09   Link #1459
4Tran

Quote:

The direction has been pretty weak at times as well. There are some elements that are obviously from the game that haven't been implemented very well: the Velvet Room stuff doesn't really hold any meaning without some context on what's happening.

Despite all that, Persona 4 is legitimately entertaining, and it feels like a lot of that is coming from the strength of the source material.

Quote:
And would you make a somewhat serious sexual confused Kanji confronting his shadow into a comedic laugh off? I doubt that.
I think that the creators were aware that they'd fail if they tried to play that out dramatically.

Quote:
The game was not that long if they only used the dialogue and some boss battles, because most of time you were busy doing quests and dungeon crawling, Pacing was not the issue here,
My main point was not an 1:1 adaption, but rather a poor implementation of this adaption
The anime is better now than it was at the beginning of the series. I haven't played the game, but it feels like this is because the creators are taking more liberties with the source material.
Old 2011-12-07, 00:31   Link #1460
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Personally I've been fine with the job they've done. Included a ton of game mechanics that I didn't think were going to make their appearance in this. Besides I think seeing the animated terror of Mystery Food X was worth it . Have liked the shadows as well and mixing together the main battle and the mental attack on their victims. Think overall they've done a good job here.

Tags
action, fantasy