AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-23, 10:13   Link #1441
rei
Nya~ I'm a good actress

I'm so tired today. Gonna abstain from the exhibition match today. (I hope that Nanoha & Suigintou will still be at the top )

As for the match on Oct 25th, I'll decide later on. And obviously, I'll vote for Fate on 26th.
Old 2006-10-23, 10:14   Link #1442
NissanNut
Mochi Addict

Send a message via AIM to NissanNut
I'm really enjoying Saimoe. It's my first one and I love the pageantry that comes with it as well as all the support from the many fans that vote. I would have like to see a Haruhi female make it, though. Still, it's fun regardless of who wins. I was hoping Tsuruya would at least make it to 3rd round. I'm sure everyone has the same sentiments about some other characters, but someone has to lose. The system is not perfect, but what format is? I don't care to change it much at all. Random is random and there is always at least one "Group of Death" where there are mostly strong competitors. In a way, that's part of the beauty of a tournament. Everyone has some sort of chance. We stil lhave some great matchups to look forward to. Shana vs Suiseiseki may not be as big as Suiseiseki vs Yuki, bit it will be great nonetheless. Too bad it's ending soon, but to be part of the hype for these last few months is worth it. Look foward to next year's tournament.
Old 2006-10-23, 10:38   Link #1443
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
In all fairness, F/SN and supporters put up quite a fight for this match. 1:1.2 ratio isn't that bad at all. We shall see how it goes very soon with that. (and yes, Chikaru's got that Haruhi midas touch from time to time)

Leaving that aside, today's a day of reprieve. How'd everyone think of Saimoe thus far?
Exciting, very exciting.

There were a lot of interesting matchups, and many of the characters came from series that I have watched, so I had a pretty good idea of how they were like. Can't say the same about next year though, since I have been watching less anime this season than I did last season.

I think what made this fun is all the discussion generated from it. To see the views of other posters towards your favorite characters is always interesting. Although I think campaigning is part of the fun, but even without it, we generated a lot of discussion about the characters nonetheless.

The lowest point obviously was Yuki's loss for me, but other than that, this tournament has been more than satisfactory.

But it's not over yet. My second favorite character Feito-chan is still in it, so gotta keep hope.
Old 2006-10-23, 10:41   Link #1444
Azuma Denton
~AD~

So Chikaru wins huh.
Hmm but at least Rin isnt being mascared.. ^^

So Shana vs Suiseiseki huh??
Guess i'll root for Shana then...
Old 2006-10-23, 11:02   Link #1445
rikchik

I'm enjoying Saimoe - even if I haven't seen any of the anime of the remaining contestants. (I've seen the first 4 episodes of Nanoha.) Like a lot of people, I considered Yuki to be unbeatable - but I thought that about Brazil too, and they were also knocked out in the quarterfinals.
Old 2006-10-23, 11:02   Link #1446
Skane
Anime Snark

I'll be supporting Shana in the first semi-final, but I am quite undecided for the second one. Hmm...
Old 2006-10-23, 11:10   Link #1447
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Er, how many people can we vote for in the Exhibition Match this round? Also, the code generation page doesn't give out a list of candidates.

My thoughts on SaiMoe? I'm already participating in the discussion to get more SaiMoe around (Western/International, and I'm planning on documenting/summarising the Korean SaiMoe too). I'm finding myself watching a lot of shows that I would otherwise have dropped, solely to have broader contextual knowledge for SaiMoe 2007. Yeah, I'm enjoying this, at the cost of several hours daily ^^;;

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2006-10-23, 11:16   Link #1448
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

I am voting for Shana in the first semi. But I won't decide on 2nd-semi till i know who won.
Old 2006-10-23, 11:19   Link #1449
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
This is a Saimoe where a lot were possible and some were unexpected. But it is also one where various forces played a great role.

Like when I watch a football match, my fun and pleasure had been sometime spoiled by "fouls". First for Alice Caroll, then Yuki. The Hazuki vs Rin one was pretty questionnable too, since Rin did not need help, but the fake votes came in anyway.

But there were a lot more of enjoyable unexpected turn outs to outweight the bad.
A lot, especially the anon crowd on 4chan, expected a rape of Fate by Rena. The outcome was pretty much fun. Another jab came in the form of the victory of Mion over Souseiseki.

But for me, the most pleasant surprise did NOT come from SHnY and its voting base, but from the underrated Strawberry Panic Legion. They took out favorites or expected winners like Rika, Satoko, Kaede and Shinku, to name a few, spawning lot of bitching about how could a show about lesbian be so popular. I think, it is not something to take lightly.

Finally, it also show how the quality and exposure of an anime or an animated adaptation, and how their characters are portrayed, can affect the proportion of the voting base. I don't think that MoHS girls would have gone that far if it was as bad as To Heart 2. I don't think Mikuru would have beaten Shion if Shion was not portrayed like she was in her arc. But like a friend said, I'd rebuild Atlantys with ifs.
Old 2006-10-23, 11:29   Link #1450
ando

Yesterday's invalid votes graph:
http://mig380.chez-alice.fr/up1/file/a1_062607.png

After yesterday's match:

Top 4 characters:

This year the third place match isn't held, instead the exhibition match for losers of quarter finals and semi finals is going to be held at Oct 27th. So no exhibition match today. Sorry for those looking foward to it.
Old 2006-10-23, 11:34   Link #1451
dzer

I joust saw a suggestion on 4chan to include some males..its very interesting idea IMO.
Old 2006-10-23, 11:37   Link #1452
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

HQ:

LQ:

[tCi], can you repost the SemiFinal 2 poster? Imageshack removed it for high bandwidth usage.
Old 2006-10-23, 11:38   Link #1453
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzer View Post
I joust saw a suggestion on 4chan to include some males..its very interesting idea IMO.
I would so support Kyon, Saito and Hakuoro.
Old 2006-10-23, 12:06   Link #1454
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Semis 1: Shana

Semis 2: Fate

My choices. Hopefully it won't be wishful thinking for a Shana/Fate final showdown.
Old 2006-10-23, 12:15   Link #1455
dzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post

My choices. Hopefully it won't be wishful thinking for a Shana/Fate final showdown.
Is that otome sig?
Old 2006-10-23, 12:21   Link #1456
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post

I want the Same... After all... Shana is better and Fate too, for me^^
and for the Final... I want Fate...
Old 2006-10-23, 12:31   Link #1457
Shana-tan
Uruchai Uruchai Uruchai

Oh damn... well Now I have only 2 favorites... Shana and Fate...

Owaranai Destiny did you remember me?

I can't see the posters

Uruchai! Uruchai! Uruchai!
Old 2006-10-23, 12:50   Link #1458
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
oh dam rin lost well ill keep the siggy of her to remeber her by until the next match between shana and sui...

hmm...i think a lot of yuki supporters are likely to go against sui and votr for shana...based on that i think that shana would have the upper hand in the next match...as for my choice...ill need to think about it more

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-10-23, 12:56   Link #1459
Conri

Kind of cool to see that the fake votes turned out to be even this time, and less than 100. Still, that is 100 too many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [tCi] View Post
*A blaring air raid alarm echoes in the distance*
Seek cover in your designated bomb shelters, cuz there be a war afoot. Here is the Semifinal 2 poster:
Hope you don't mind that I repost this for you. Hopefully it lasts a little while...

[tCi]'s semifinal #2 poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
hmm...i think a lot of yuki supporters are likely to go against sui and votr for shana...based on that i think that shana would have the upper hand in the next match...
Not this Yuki supporter. And I maintain the (fruitless) wish that those who do genuinely like Shana and genuinely prefer her to Suiseiseki.
Old 2006-10-23, 12:59   Link #1460
LCeh

I am going to support Fate and Shana in the semi-finals.

Shana, for a couple reasons:

1) Loli usually isn't my type of moe, but tsundere loli is quite a deadly combination.

2) If we have a Shana vs Fate final, then it would be a win-win situation for me. Obviously I would still be rooting for Fate, but at least I like Shana enough not to be sad. If it was desu vs Fate in the final, then things get a lot more intense, and that's not good for my blood pressure. It also makes it a lot harder for Fate to win as well.

But if you asked me, which would I prefer, Fate beating Shana in the final, or Fate beating Desu in the final? I would pick Fate beating desu in an instant, since that's a much bigger win, but it's also a lot harder, I feel.
Closed Thread