AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-01, 01:13   Link #1441
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I never said it was an implamented plan, but it was something they came up with. They said directly, lets impregnate her s it will not be a male. Those were not Arume, but I doubt that this plan was not thought of. This is a young manga, and there are several chapters to come.

But I never said it was a Arume government decision. But those Arume did say it.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 01:16   Link #1442
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Scanlations of the first three chapters of Tenshi no Bokura, the one set ten years after the anime, has the first three chapters scanlated so far. I know where the first and third chapters are, but I can't remember where the second one is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
But I never said it was a Arume government decision. But those Arume did say it.
Indeed they did. But the way you phrased it made it sound like it was state-sanctioned operation to kidnapped young ladies and impregnate them with Arume babies
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 04:48   Link #1443
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Episode 13: CARRIER HAS ARRIVED
Spoiler:

Overall, it was a good show. I think I'll promote it to my "recommended" list.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 05:08   Link #1444
Fweakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
One thing which should be noted about the final episode, but AFAIK wasn't yet:

Spoiler:
Yes! Good god, yes!

I think music in any visual medium is often the most overlooked but essential part of a series. The right kind of music can either make or break a scene, and the scene Mentar mentioned was just exquisite (and heartbreaking ::sob, sniffle:. I am very eager to hear the OST/buy the DVD's.

Ep 13, what can I say? It was not the ending I would have liked, (in my desperation for a happy ending) but regardless it was beautiful, and I can't really think of any other ending that would have done the series justice. I think the strength of the series was that it hard the majority of viewers so emotionally involved, and the reactions to the ending kind of prove that.

Once again, thank you to FLoser for getting the subs out quickly, and I wait with baited breath for Simoun-fans/english licensing/any form of sequel or continuation of the story
Fweakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 05:36   Link #1445
scr
my sides are in orbit

Spoiler:

*off topic*
i can so mentally picture Itoshiki-sensei shouting "zetsubou shitaaaaa !!!" when Arume fleets are hovering above him.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 12:37   Link #1446
Ronja
making the flowers grow;)

If they ever make the second season I don't think it will be about Mari or anyone from the first series. It would probably have a new story, with new characters.
Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 13:19   Link #1447
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Manga rocks, if S2 is based on that I'll most defiantly be happy. No real yuri fest, but lots of room to slap some in there if the director wants to cater for a certain group of fans
Old 2008-01-01, 23:40   Link #1448
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Yes my apologies if they way I said it made it seem like a government plan. But the changing male to female was a government plan. And since there are only three chapters, I might not be wrong, or I might about the getting rid of males. Only time will tell.

As for one thing, I just wonder what happened to Mari. I guess she just moved on. Who knows.
Old 2008-01-01, 23:54   Link #1449
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
And since there are only three chapters
There are 11 in Japanese, 3 of which have been scanlated into English. Several of us here (including myself) have been keeping up with the Japanese releases.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 00:04   Link #1450
TigerII
Pilot in Training

3 chapters to us English readers then
Old 2008-01-02, 02:52   Link #1451
crazyhorse
Procrastinator

I just finished watching the last episode now and while it was really well done, it felt anticlimatic. The final scene where Hagino sacrifices herself was expected, but after that I was like....isn't there going to be more? It didn't feel like an ending to me. I really expected there to be like at least 5 more minutes left to explain all the holes. It ended with a bang, but left nothing to calm it down. It just felt like it was missing something.

Other than that, I like the whole lovey dovey state Hagino and Mari were in. Just made me feel all giddy. I also just loved the "goodbye" scene. Very touching.

Well, it's been great following this, I just wished they explained some stuff more.
Old 2008-01-02, 15:35   Link #1452
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Well, I have a lot of reading to catch up with in this thread but for now I will say I am mostly satisfied with the ending. It was quite clear that there was going to be no happy end, the farewell scene was really poignant and I am a sucker for characters sacrificing themselves to save others, so I liked the kamikaze moment, too. And the music's importance and impact really went up a notch in the final episode.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 20:15   Link #1453
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Is the manga still continuing after the anime's ending or is this it??

I feel kind of sad at the end where Hagino sacrificed herself, but i know something has to be done to stop that crazy ship else all hell breaks loose. But the end didnt explain much, it reached the climax but theres nothing to calm the waves, we dont know what happens after Hagino's sacrifice....

I'll recommend this series, to ones who likes drama.
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 21:31   Link #1454
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Lagenaria Siceraria

Memories of the Night

I'm still slightly far from concluding the series, but it seems that for the ninth episode Mari is just one step closer from finding out the truth that happened at the island.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 23:12   Link #1455
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
Yo. Nooblet here.

I was quite surprised by this series. I'm not really sure what caught my eye about it, maybe it was the promise of yuri, maybe it was the random idea of spaceships, but something told me to stick around.

I watched it and loved it. While the yuri took too long to develop, the drama in the show was superior to many things that season.

I'm currently trying to understand the manga and therefore the Arume way of life, as I'm cooking up a rather unusual fanfic involving them.

I've seen the latest translations of the stuff on the hidden site, such as the Gosutas and the sex pills, but no dice on the earlier stuff (and I'm not navigating SEVENTY THREE PAGES ;_; ), can anyone help?

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Sin Ansem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 00:14   Link #1456
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin Ansem View Post
I'm currently trying to understand the manga and therefore the Arume way of life, as I'm cooking up a rather unusual fanfic involving them.

I've seen the latest translations of the stuff on the hidden site, such as the Gosutas and the sex pills, but no dice on the earlier stuff (and I'm not navigating SEVENTY THREE PAGES ;_; ), can anyone help?
Earlier stuff... mmm. Here's a translation of the official timeline:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...72&postcount=7

And this is Kaoru's translation of the previous bunch of hidden pages:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1183

Some clarifications from my part about those hidden pages:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1196

This is a post by FPB which I think is quite helpful to understand why the Arume are on Earth:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=812

Some general clarifications about the Arume's reproductive method:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...8&postcount=64

Some info about the Thought-Arresting Weapon:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1106

An interesting post by FPB about Arume main characters:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...9&postcount=74

Looking forwards to that fanfic BTW...

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2008-01-03 at 00:27.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 00:35   Link #1457
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
Oh ho ho. That puts a lot of things in perspective for me, thanks!

And uh.. I hope you like crossovers. Of the not-super-serious kind. It starts with Metroid and goes into a Brawl from there. If you're still not repulsed, point me to your fanfic section and I'll post what I have so far.

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Sin Ansem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 12:07   Link #1458
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
Is the manga still continuing after the anime's ending or is this it?....
One manga is continuing and another is just starting, but neither involves the characters from the anime.

The continuing manga involves lots of nudity and some sex, and is a very different animal from the anime.

The new manga is included with the anime DVD, and so far seems to share some of the anime's tone. It is set seven years after the invasion, before Micchi flies to the mothership, so maybe it will connect with the anime, but so far it doesn't.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 13:54   Link #1459
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
One manga is continuing and another is just starting, but neither involves the characters from the anime.

The continuing manga involves lots of nudity and some sex, and is a very different animal from the anime.

The new manga is included with the anime DVD, and so far seems to share some of the anime's tone. It is set seven years after the invasion, before Micchi flies to the mothership, so maybe it will connect with the anime, but so far it doesn't.
ah, thats sad to hear. but i really do want to know whats happens next to the characters, especially Mari and the time gap between Hagino's death and the starting of the peace negotiations.

For some reason, this anime reminds me of the Banners of the Stars series. since is about unknown beings and humans relationships.
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 14:36   Link #1460
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
...For some reason, this anime reminds me of the Banners of the Stars series. since is about unknown beings and humans relationships.
Interesting comparison. I think both shows portray humanoid aliens that are just enough like us for us to relate to, while being just enough unlike us to feel alien.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, sci-fi, shounen, yuri