AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-02, 22:02   Link #1461
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Er... why do you need Japanese subtitles, exactly?
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2010-03-03, 00:31   Link #1462
netvope
SOS-Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Er... why do you need Japanese subtitles, exactly?
To learn informal Japanese

Isn't it great if you can learn something extra when you re-watch a series you love?
Old 2010-03-04, 16:33   Link #1463
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
I just received a package today containing something people may like to see:
http://twitpic.com/16m2rd

I'm working on a review for Cartoon Leap. Shall update this post when it's done in a few hours. Review linked in signature and in the post below.

vvv Why yes, it is. I warn those who haven't read the novel that it does contain spoilers, but my review shall not use any of those sections.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-03-04 at 19:06.
Old 2010-03-04, 16:36   Link #1464
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Is that the Disappearance official Guide?
Old 2010-03-04, 16:42   Link #1465
Gyom

Send a message via MSN to Gyom
Yes it is !
I've received it today too.
Old 2010-03-04, 16:44   Link #1466
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I ordered 2 books:

One was Otameshi Cooking (cookbook for otaku: and how to make a Haruhi bento) and the Disappearance Official Guide Book. (I hope they get both books for me XD)
Old 2010-03-04, 18:57   Link #1467
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
I've just finished a brief review of the guidebook, or as much as I can do being that I can't read Japanese yet. It's about 175 pages long and I've put about 15-17 of those in the review. Absolutely no spoilers in there, so feel free to check it out!

Old 2010-03-04, 19:10   Link #1468
TMSIDR
Haruhi's Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
I've just finished a brief review of the guidebook, or as much as I can do being that I can't read Japanese yet. It's about 175 pages long and I've put about 15-17 of those in the review. Absolutely no spoilers in there, so feel free to check it out!

I ordered mine at cdjapan.co.jp with air mail, so it will take a will till it arrives, so it's nice to get a small preview^^
Old 2010-03-04, 20:06   Link #1469
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSIDR View Post
I ordered mine at cdjapan.co.jp with air mail, so it will take a will till it arrives, so it's nice to get a small preview^^
I honestly can't recommend it enough to justify how amazing this little book is. There's much more that I couldn't show and keep it free from copyright infringement and/or spoilers. For only 1200 yen, it's an absolute steal. If you can luck out and get it, do so. It's easy to see why it's the 15th ranked book on Amazon.co.jp.

The only drawback that I can see would be spoilers if you haven't read the novel. I'm so glad I got this book. Absolutely fantastic and you'll see why I'm so gushing over it when you get it and really dig through it.

Old 2010-03-04, 20:17   Link #1470
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
I honestly can't recommend it enough to justify how amazing this little book is. There's much more that I couldn't show and keep it free from copyright infringement and/or spoilers. For only 1200 yen, it's an absolute steal. If you can luck out and get it, do so. It's easy to see why it's the 15th ranked book on Amazon.co.jp.

The only drawback that I can see would be spoilers if you haven't read the novel. I'm so glad I got this book. Absolutely fantastic and you'll see why I'm so gushing over it when you get it and really dig through it.
It's times like these I honestly wish why I have to ask parents permission for mailing crap...
What exactly is a guidebook?
Old 2010-03-04, 20:25   Link #1471
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
It's times like these I honestly wish why I have to ask parents permission for mailing crap...
What exactly is a guidebook?
I'm not certain about other books, but this one takes you through scenes of the movie with text from the novel and pictures from the film. There's also interviews with Tanigawa-sensei and the script writers, the producers from Kyoto Animation, Ito-san, the character designers, and all of the main seijuu, even though the minor characters share two pages. There's character art, background art, and images used in promotions (that we've all seen in the images thread). Finally it ends with the lyrics to Yasashii Bokyaku and the credits seen in the movie.

Old 2010-03-04, 21:35   Link #1472
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Thanks!
I would get it, but I have an inability to read Japanese.
Old 2010-03-05, 01:31   Link #1473
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Thanks!
Same here, I would totally love this if I could only understand it.
Old 2010-03-07, 03:07   Link #1474
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Thanks!
Me too, but I'm still getting it because... Well, because it's about Yuki's big moment
Old 2010-03-10, 08:30   Link #1475
Philos
Official Siscon Member

Can anybody tell me what is this about?

Better resolution is here.
Old 2010-03-10, 08:39   Link #1476
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philos View Post
Can anybody tell me what is this about?

Better resolution is here.
It's from the latest NewType where they are advertising special body pillows for sale in the address in the lower right corner. Each pillow is 9800 yen and go on sale on the 23rd of this month. They also have a Yuki pre-paid book card and live event pamplet from the 25th anniversary NewType celebration for 2000 yen.

Old 2010-03-10, 08:47   Link #1477
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

*can imagine someone furiously humping one or MORE of them*

Yeah.

I think these will go down well...lol.
Old 2010-03-10, 09:05   Link #1478
darksassin
Is this dangerous??

Somehow... I'm not interested with this kind of merchandise. For collectors item, maybe but for something more personal.... NO.
Does that make me normal eh...?
Old 2010-03-11, 18:26   Link #1479
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

I would like to give a warning that this post is going to be big.

Kyoto Animation has put up some new goods from the Disappearance movie on their "KyoAni Store". I've already placed an order for 2. The new items are:

1. A B2 sized poster of the artwork where the SOS Brigade is standing against the wall (seen in many promos)
2. A Postcard book set containing many pictures from the movie (not linking due to spoilers)
3. A cloth that you can use to clean glasses which has a smiling Yuki on it.
4. A set of 2 clear files with the artwork from both sets of tickets (none of the teaser image of Yuki)
5. A A3 size poster set with the teaser Yuki art and the picture of Yuki and Ryoko serving oden.

Also today, I received a package from Japan containing my copies of the Disapperance OST, Yasashii Bokuyaku, Imaginary ENOZ featuring HARUHI, and the Suzumiya Haruhi no Gensou DVD. What is new for this thread is a preview of something that a lot of people may not get: STORE GOODS!

Around the beginning of January I noticed that there was a special campaign that took place with the Disappearance OST and Theme song thanks to the official fansite. If you ordered both CDs from certain stores, you would get a free reversible B2 poster. I am a sucker for posters, so I got my middlewoman to purchase the CDs with the poster. It is huge and it is awesome! I put a playing card beside the poster to show the relative size.

Now what else came with my order was a real surprise:
Spoiler:

Store goods are completely awesome at times. If Amazon Japan doesn't offer a great deal like on CDs, it's worth it to get the goods.

Old 2010-03-11, 18:57   Link #1480
Animexcel

Wow, I'd like to buy the B2 poster of the group against the wall..some how.
Closed Thread