Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-03-24, 05:33   Link #1461
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by speck123 View Post
I've ripped my BluRay discs to watch whenever I'm away, and there are literally two files with almost the same size on it. Only the credits are different, or more to the point the credits are hard-coded onto each version.
Oh, my mistake then. I thought they'd do something like switch out the ending credits sequence, since that would given them more room for other extras. But I guess it's easier just to encode separate files...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-24, 07:34   Link #1462
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Wtf. Did I seriously just read 4-5 pages of people arguing about moe ... in a Shirobako thread.

Firstly, f*** you Archon_Wing. You managed to troll everyone into this argument . I guess people aren't experienced with you to know you are amongst the biggest "moefags" on this forum. I mean you refuse to watch series unless if it has lulz or cute girls (or both). I mean I'm still waiting on you finishing Uchoten Kazoku and Kyousogiga, but no cute girls . But seriously, next time add a [sarcasm] tag or use more exclamation marks, because you managed to trick way too many people (including a moderator lol)

In saying that, to everyone saying that Shirobako doesn't have moe, you are kidding yourselves. News flash, this is a PA Works show, and every PA Works show I've watched except for the Professor Layton movie and Uchoten Kazoku has moe has an element or significant element. Actually even Uchoten Kazoku had that Ebisuwga twins little sister character so scratch that.

But the bigger question is, is this a bad thing? Imo, absolutely not. In fact part of the reason why I watch PAW shows is because I like the way they do moe. For me they are definitely among the best because I'm always attracted (not sexually you perverts) to their female characters. Their shows have some the best female leads for its genre. Only if they did their male characters half as good though... maybe if the studio wasn't majority female staff it wouldn't be! (do not take this comment seriously please...).

But anyways, Shirobako has moe and it's not a bad thing. I mean it's not like the girls in Shirobako are excessive in their traits like some run of the mill JC Staff/A-1 Picture light novel or second tier Kyoani show with exaggerated tsunderes, yanderes, kuuderes or just plain retard. Oh, sorry I forgot about Ai. Ok she falls under retard. But hey that's like 30 seconds max per episode.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2015-03-24 at 07:46.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-24, 08:08   Link #1463
Archon_Wing
Did nothing wrong
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Wtf. Did I seriously just read 4-5 pages of people arguing about moe ... in a Shirobako thread.

Firstly, f*** you Archon_Wing. You managed to troll everyone into this argument . I guess people aren't experienced with you to know you are amongst the biggest "moefags" on this forum. I mean you refuse to watch series unless if it has lulz or cute girls (or both). I mean I'm still waiting on you finishing Uchoten Kazoku and Kyousogiga, but no cute girls . But seriously, next time add a [sarcasm] tag or use more exclamation marks, because you managed to trick way too many people (including a moderator lol)

In saying that, to everyone saying that Shirobako doesn't have moe, you are kidding yourselves. News flash, this is a PA Works show, and every PA Works show I've watched except for the Professor Layton movie and Uchoten Kazoku has moe has an element or significant element. Actually even Uchoten Kazoku had that Ebisuwga twins little sister character so scratch that.

But the bigger question is, is this a bad thing? Imo, absolutely not. In fact part of the reason why I watch PAW shows is because I like the way they do moe. For me they are definitely among the best because I'm always attracted (not sexually you perverts) to their female characters. Their shows have some the best female leads for its genre. Only if they did their male characters half as good though... maybe if the studio wasn't majority female staff it wouldn't be! (do not take this comment seriously please...).

But anyways, Shirobako has moe and it's not a bad thing. I mean it's not like the girls in Shirobako are excessive in their traits like some run of the mill JC Staff/A-1 Picture light novel or second tier Kyoani show with exaggerated tsunderes, yanderes, kuuderes or just plain retard. Oh, sorry I forgot about Ai. Ok she falls under retard. But hey that's like 30 seconds max per episode.
Uhh thanks, I guess.

I would refrain from that 4chan-style terms like "moefag" because that's exactly what people are complaining about. I'm no doubt a fan of moe, but even my tastes in moe are relatively narrow compared to what most people would think is moe. I mean, I'm sure a lot of people would think stuff like Prism Illya is moe, but really...I think claiming that I only watch shows with moe is a bit too much; more of a correlation thing. True Tears for example had moe elements that were desirable, but there's no way anyone would come that show is moe dominated. I like shows that have this so called moe element but even say Shirobako, I wouldn't claim that because hey what is the director lol? I suppose he is kind of moe. It is probably true that I appreciate various aesthetics so yea I do toss certain shows out the window due to looks at times like post K-on Kyoani or something.*

*in b4 someone tries to split hairs, it all looks the same to me. Idc

I think I approach this kind of stuff like fanservice. Sure, it helps, but there's rarely any shows I'd watch just for the perv. Moe is like that too-- don't mix the two usually...

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-24, 08:35   Link #1464
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Uhh thanks, I guess.

I would refrain from that 4chan-style terms like "moefag" because that's exactly what people are complaining about. I'm no doubt a fan of moe, but even my tastes in moe are relatively narrow compared to what most people would think is moe.
Well that's true, but the amount of anime you watch is limited anyway. But don't lie, nearly all of the ones you watch have cute girls in them. You're just picky in what you find moe (like I am).

Quote:
It is probably true that I appreciate various aesthetics so yea I do toss certain shows out the window due to looks at times like post K-on Kyoani or something.*

*in b4 someone tries to split hairs, it all looks the same to me. Idc
Now now, that's not true. They've been Free-d afterall.

Quote:
I think I approach this kind of stuff like fanservice. Sure, it helps, but there's rarely any shows I'd watch just for the perv. Moe is like that too-- don't mix the two usually...
That's what PA works tries to do. Mix perv and moe together. Bonus [negative] points if it's Okadaperv. And you know what the result is
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-24, 08:52   Link #1465
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
what series or movie features a cowboy who went against all odds & obstacles, fight against guardian apostles, to reach god himself so he could talk to him directly? also those body crunching sounds feels painful
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-24, 11:08   Link #1466
cyth
Banned

Why I think moe really works well in case of Shirobako is because the characters are adults and the "cute" aesthetics and mannerisms manage to bring out their almost childish innocence when creating shows. I mean Hiraoka is easily the easiest to hate character, then we learn he just lost that innocence. Realizing that, he's immediately easier to relate. The characters feel more relatable (at least to me) because they visually express that all of them are still young at heart. This doesn't work for all shows, but since its topic is anime ... It's especially nice when some guy that's not drawn in moe style, like Maitake, gets super excited over something, like a little kid. But that's why we're still sort of watching cartoons, right? The moe style only amplifies this sentiment.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-24, 12:26   Link #1467
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Joe View Post
Saw there's an Shirobako small event right before ending
http://zakuzaku911.com/archives/4346002.html

And there's The Third Girls Aerial Squad characters setting pictures
Spoiler for Characters:
As a fighter jet otaku, I'm kind of disappointed that the Swedish pilot and her SAAB Viggen didn't get a cover. I'm a big fan of SAAB's jet fighter designs, they tend to be rather unique.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-24, 13:35   Link #1468
HandofFate

is there going to be an OVA episode 1 of Third Girls Aerial Squad as well?
Old 2015-03-24, 14:11   Link #1469
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Mang, I hope so.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-24, 14:29   Link #1470
Kazu-kun

Quote:
It was announced a few days ago.
Old 2015-03-24, 14:38   Link #1471
moodie

just caught up from episode 6

nice watch it really seems like they took their own advise with this

i just cant help thinking they are poking at glasslip from time to time
moodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-24, 17:41   Link #1472
Archon_Wing
Did nothing wrong
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Well that's true, but the amount of anime you watch is limited anyway. But don't lie, nearly all of the ones you watch have cute girls in them. You're just picky in what you find moe (like I am).
That is is a correlation fallacy. You might as well say that I watch anime that has frames of animation. This is why I claim the discussion of moe has gotten so pointless along with other overused labels because anime has just gotten so inundated with it. I think it does carry a certain feeling, and might have been relevant like 9 years ago, but that's about it.

On the other hand, I'd rather specialize at something than be mediocre at everything.

Quote:
Now now, that's not true. They've been Free-d afterall.
Same shit, different costume.

Quote:
That's what PA works tries to do. Mix perv and moe together. Bonus [negative] points if it's Okadaperv. And you know what the result is
Reminds me of how bad most of the Shirobako posters are, but that seems to be what sells. I always wondered if the bad fanservice in Exodus was satirical, because having that kind of show where they look kinda loli and giving them huge breasts is kinda odd. Well, that and casting Ai, I mean Mui Kayano, as the lead. At least there's no "sex doll" thing going.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2015-03-24, 18:24   Link #1473
ices
Working Hard

Quote:
It was announced a few days ago in Shirobako Official Twitter

Rough translation:
[Notice 3] We’re formally announcing that the OVA on Volume 7 will be the first episode of “Third Aerial Girls Squad.” Rather than just a bonus video like Exodus!, the first episode is a chubby 24 minutes! Please stay tuned! #musani glasses
[source]

Edit: Also this cutie ...

Last edited by ices; 2015-03-24 at 18:26. Reason: add some image...
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-24, 18:47   Link #1474
mad_season

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
what series or movie features a cowboy who went against all odds & obstacles, fight against guardian apostles, to reach god himself so he could talk to him directly? also those body crunching sounds feels painful
Were you referring to El Topo (1970)?
mad_season is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-24, 18:51   Link #1475
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
Rough translation:
[Notice 3] We’re formally announcing that the OVA on Volume 7 will be the first episode of “Third Aerial Girls Squad.” Rather than just a bonus video like Exodus!, the first episode is a chubby 24 minutes! Please stay tuned! #musani glasses
That translation must be wrong since the Exodus episodes is a 24 minutes episode too. It probably says "just like" instead of "rather than."
Old 2015-03-24, 20:04   Link #1476
D-Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
As a fighter jet otaku, I'm kind of disappointed that the Swedish pilot and her SAAB Viggen didn't get a cover. I'm a big fan of SAAB's jet fighter designs, they tend to be rather unique.
I remember i saw Tarou reading manga vol.5 in episode 21 or 22 or 23(forget which episode) with Swedish girl as cover, you can check it out.
D-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-24, 23:32   Link #1477
Archon_Wing
Did nothing wrong
*Author

Episode 23: The Final Battle II

When we last left off in White Box, Musani's once again tossed into a shitty situation right at the doorsteps of victory. A most dire situation and they're given no input by Mr. jerk Editor whatsoever, mainly because he doesn't know what he's talking about. It's so serious they had to cancel the Opening Credits; what are they gonna do?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

A great way to really bring things down to a conclusion. The next episode will probably wrap things up for the future so we can see where they're at, or if they're preparing for Shirobako 2: Gib us moneyplz.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2015-03-25, 03:46   Link #1478
DiabloCthulhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
Anyway, there is a phone number for Musasi Animation in http://musani.jp and if you call it, you will hear different musani staff speaking different lines each week. And someone said that this week Aoi answer the phone while sobbing but deny herself that she was crying.
Here's that answer:

DiabloCthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 08:54   Link #1479
Tranhieu

^ The way she denies it while sobbing is just too funny
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 10:43   Link #1480
DiabloCthulhu

And here's one that was on after Erika's comeback:

Aoi is so happy :3
DiabloCthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags