AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-01-30, 04:14   Link #1461
CrazyPerson

Spoiler for For 53:

I really wish the last few pages were translated too. Going to go look for some raws and try to finish the chapter. Oh, as a side note, the battle is great. Great tactics.
CrazyPerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 04:36   Link #1462
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPerson View Post
Spoiler for For 53:

I really wish the last few pages were translated too. Going to go look for some raws and try to finish the chapter. Oh, as a side note, the battle is great. Great tactics.
Spoiler for The Truth?:
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 10:06   Link #1463
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for c53:
Old 2014-01-30, 10:09   Link #1464
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

Quote:
Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
It may be Bismarck, who's mental models were last seen with both a sun and moon inscription engraved in their respective compasses.
My thoughts exactly, notice the "two" voice arrow heads each points to the Sun and Moon.
Is there actually a connection/myth between the Sun and the Moon with Bismark and Tirpitz?

Have you guys noticed the insignias on that "dream-dress", how many of them can you identify?

Zuikaku need a back story... [After fog locks humans out of sea, she hoarded all the good fishing spots, then made a fortune by selling hard-to-catch sea produce to humans and renovated her ship into a private resort.....] I think 402 is just jealous and rages because Zuikaku makes much more than the 3 part time jobs she's been taking in semi-indecent !**@ shops...

What could make Takao so popular in school in such short amount of time??
Don't tell me Kotono blew herself up just because her entourage was getting waayyy out of control

For the 100000th time, this manga is just Gold and Platinum, every chapter is fresh and filled with stuff you could boil your head over the hidden implications.
Tim yy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 13:13   Link #1465
CrazyPerson

I don't know about Zuikaku renovating her ship as a resort to humans, but she's definitely been fishing and trading for them. I402 is most definitely jealous that she didn't think of doing that first.

As for the symbols, in the frame where Iona asks about the plot leading to Gunzou's destruction (for which the question was completely evaded by the diagnostic program *ominous*) I can see Haruna, Kirishima, Kongou, and Takao, but I can't identify the W-like symbol on the front of her skirt and the symbol to the right of that. Can someone help? (Is the W symbol for Iona herself? I tried looking up the two and failed miserably.)
Old 2014-01-30, 14:15   Link #1466
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

Quote:
I don't know about Zuikaku renovating her ship as a resort to humans...
Zuikaku's Ship,
Spoiler for This definitely won't be cheap:

And these "furnishings" clearly doesn't come from the sea.........
Old 2014-01-30, 14:53   Link #1467
LystAP

Quote:
I don't know about Zuikaku renovating her ship as a resort to humans, but she's definitely been fishing and trading for them. I402 is most definitely jealous that she didn't think of doing that first.

As for the symbols, in the frame where Iona asks about the plot leading to Gunzou's destruction (for which the question was completely evaded by the diagnostic program *ominous*) I can see Haruna, Kirishima, Kongou, and Takao, but I can't identify the W-like symbol on the front of her skirt and the symbol to the right of that. Can someone help? (Is the W symbol for Iona herself? I tried looking up the two and failed miserably.)
Well, they could just as well be sigils belonging to mental models of ships we haven't yet been introduced too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim yy View Post
Zuikaku's Ship,
Spoiler for This definitely won't be cheap:

Nanomaterial is amazing stuff.
Old 2014-01-30, 18:16   Link #1468
00Zy99
In Winter, Is Zeong

The "W" symbol on the center is Iona's symbol.

Look on page 30 of the special book.

As for the symbol to the right...

That appears to be a treble clef flanked by mirrored bass clefs.

Chapter 43, page 2.

That's Maya's symbol-quite appropriate, given her musical nature.

Also, I've noted that Zuikaku's overlapping squares could be representative of the rectangular plates on which they serve sushi-and she loves fish. Nagato has a cherry blossom, and she's always seen with sakura petals. There's some definite symbolism there...

Since 400 and 402 are the "right and left hands" of the Supreme Flagship, maybe 401 is her mouth? Her hair IS very similar when it's re-shaded here. The "W" would then stand for the anime pursed lips. So then 401 represents Yamato's suppressed love for her boyfriend, and her equally suppressed desire to have the fleet get into contact with humans?
00Zy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 19:14   Link #1469
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

@00idiot, Looks about right, nice analysis

There are two more symbols on her back, Those we've never seen before, I would wild guess they are insignias for Yamato and Musashi.
Old 2014-01-30, 20:20   Link #1470
Tenzen12

I realy hope Haguro is alright. Is it weird I worry for character that had like two pages of screen-time and two lines of characterisation?
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 22:06   Link #1471
D-Joe

Maybe because Haguro looks like twin tail version Tomoko Kuroki
D-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 22:21   Link #1472
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I facepalmed at high flagship, but thats probably because I'm used to 'supreme flagship' by now.
Either way I'm glad I don't hgave to stuff my flat with hard copies now.

Oh and lol the carrier got experience points
Well at least we know that they were indeed using the MMs for scouting; Another piece to the puzzle.

And on Chrunchyroll restrictions:
They are slowly being lifted one by one.
I couldn't use it in the past either, the one time someone offered me a full access guest key the only show I would have been able to watch was something about a little crocodile.
Now, a while later, pretty much the entire EU has full access to everything

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 00:58   Link #1473
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I realy hope Haguro is alright. Is it weird I worry for character that had like two pages of screen-time and two lines of characterisation?
A lot of people interpreted the scene also of Haguro pushing away Nachi (which looking back on it, is the case), before being engulfed in the explosion herself; self-sacrifice tends to bump up the likability points for most characters.
Old 2014-01-31, 02:33   Link #1474
CrazyPerson

Quote:
Ah, I can't read that, but I saw it posted somewhere. Someone mentioned off-hand that it was a nature preserve and I took that at face value. I thought Zuikaku made a park to "farm" animals for food or something. Didn't realize she was making a floating hotel for people.

Also, thanks for pointing out the symbols, 00. Was too lazy to go through the whole manga and I just googled+danboru'd for the different ships to see if I could find their symbols.
Old 2014-01-31, 03:42   Link #1475
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

Oh, We are not missing pages are we? I mean from the free-to-read version? I count 30 pages, which is the correct page count for a regular chapter.
No Fog theater/4-koma at the end of this issue right?

To me, Nachi and Ashigara are just younger versions of Haruna and Kirishima. they need to stumble a couple of more times to learn a valuable lesson.

I'm okay with these kids getting their vessels wrecked, their MMs still can swim.

not sure why Zuikaku pimped her ship like that, but she's definitely got the cash reserve to live like an amazonian goddess.
hope she spares that squidward....it's still very much alive
Old 2014-01-31, 03:55   Link #1476
cloud04
Scanlator

id lol if in the 4koma one they make zuikaku saying something like she going to be a huge fisher
Old 2014-01-31, 04:01   Link #1477
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

Oh, on the Chinese side....to make up for the lack of scanlation
They fully translated the Doujinshi

Spoiler for C85 Kikurage-ya:
Old 2014-01-31, 04:06   Link #1478
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Oh, on the Chinese side....to make up for the lack of scanlation
They fully translated the Doujinshi

Spoiler for C85 Kikurage-ya:
O_O *grins*
Old 2014-01-31, 06:22   Link #1479
DLRevan

Quote:
Oh, We are not missing pages are we? I mean from the free-to-read version? I count 30 pages, which is the correct page count for a regular chapter.
No Fog theater/4-koma at the end of this issue right?
I've got no clue. The few other series I checked out don't have missing pages. Then again, there's no teaser line at all in chapter 53 and it ends....a little abruptly.

Could be a mistake as well, I see some other series had missing pages by accident in the past.

When I get home I'll sub a month and have a look again.
DLRevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 06:50   Link #1480
D-Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
I've got no clue. The few other series I checked out don't have missing pages. Then again, there's no teaser line at all in chapter 53 and it ends....a little abruptly.

Could be a mistake as well, I see some other series had missing pages by accident in the past.

When I get home I'll sub a month and have a look again.
Chinese scan also out today,same as CR,so no missing page here(other than little theatre)
D-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, sci-fi, seinen