Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2009-06-09, 05:32   Link #1461
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
I think the comment was regarding Gerard's "final farewell to the light". I think it should be interpreted more as turning completely evil than his impending doom. It's all a possibility though.
Well you should pay attention to the question mark in the last sentence, it's the nucleus of final information, as with every rhetorical question at the end of some FT chapters. This in connection to our experience in FT's story-telling this is somewhat hinting at Gerard changing sides (or already changed) I think, whether this will result in his suicide, or not.
Also, once freed from the mind control it is stated in #101 that he most probably returned to his "kind old self" when he actually saved Erza and Natsu from Aetherion, so why should he be antagonized by the author again. Rather than "activating" this nirvana-thing i rather see him destroying it if it really is a tool of evil whatsoever.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 06:08   Link #1462
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Well you should pay attention to the question mark in the last sentence, it's the nucleus of final information, as with every rhetorical question at the end of some FT chapters. This in connection to our experience in FT's story-telling this is somewhat hinting at Gerard changing sides (or already changed) I think, whether this will result in his suicide, or not.
Also, once freed from the mind control it is stated in #101 that he most probably returned to his "kind old self" when he actually saved Erza and Natsu from Aetherion, so why should he be antagonized by the author again. Rather than "activating" this nirvana-thing i rather see him destroying it if it really is a tool of evil whatsoever.
I don't think destroying Nirvana will be so easy. He'll probably be facing Cobra as an opponent next chapter or in the near future. I don't see how you got the idea of suicide though - it wouldn't make much sense for him to die again.

By the way, does anybody find it strange that Gerard took out Natsu and Brain so easily?

Did he get a power upgrade while he was dead?

On a different note, Racer is the greatest "bad" guy so far. He's dressed like an F1 driver and has a mohawk and a long sharp nose - how cool is that? Too bad that he's facing Gray, so I don't know who to root for. I'm usually against villains turning into good guys, but I'll fully support RAcer to become an FT member.
Old 2009-06-09, 06:29   Link #1463
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
By the way, does anybody find it strange that Gerard took out Natsu and Brain so easily?

Did he get a power upgrade while he was dead?
THAT's what I'd like to know!!

....even though Natsu had just fought a tiresome battle with an entire guild and after getting owned by oracon seis. But still!

..Maybe Wendy gave him ATK buffs? XD
MP+1000, INT+200
Old 2009-06-09, 12:44   Link #1464
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

well I wonder about Brain but Natsu I can see Gerard dealing with easily enough, don't forget only reason Natsu beat Gerard before was cause of his momentary instant SSJ3 power up. Natsu without it I don't see putting up a great deal of trouble. Plus he didn't have to handle Erza this time around before hand.

Natsu has to pull out his trump card at the right moment which will be near the end of this arc same as always
Old 2009-06-09, 14:18   Link #1465
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
Spoiler for 138:
From her perspective, Gerard isn't a bad guy. Sure, they said some stuff about him, and they want to use him for evil, but why would she believe them?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 17:09   Link #1466
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Yeah, what Bonta-kun said. Remember that Gerard is one of "Ten Great Holy Mages" and, well, Natsu ate the aetherion.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 17:20   Link #1467
ellifeedn
Thinker

Say, how many of the "ten" mages have we seen so far?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 07:27   Link #1468
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
4 I think

Makarov (Fairy Tail guild master)
Jose (Phantom guild master)
Jura from Lamia Scale
and Gerard

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 09:09   Link #1469
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Yet I'm 90% certain they're at least 11! (counting a zero, adding exiled members,or an evil counterpart of 10 great evil mages, etc.)
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 12:54   Link #1470
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Yet I'm 90% certain they're at least 11! (counting a zero, adding exiled members,or an evil counterpart of 10 great evil mages, etc.)
well I wouldn't think there would be evil counterparts hope not. I'm guessing it would be exiled/former great mage. Would be pretty cool to see some other old timers that can really kick arse show up.

Like Gildartz! where the hell has he been all this time??!!

Think its about time he shows up
Old 2009-06-10, 13:58   Link #1471
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I'm calling Gildartz playing some sort of Deus ex Machina later on when a ton of sh*t starts hitting the fan...

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 16:00   Link #1472
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
I'm calling Gildartz playing some sort of Deus ex Machina later on when a ton of sh*t starts hitting the fan...
Leaving one question: is he a Gerard, or a Dragon Slayer? Or maybe a Dragon Slayer Gerard?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 17:30   Link #1473
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Leaving one question: is he a Gerard, or a Dragon Slayer? Or maybe a Dragon Slayer Gerard?
lol thats total faceplam shouting bloodymary about stuff but I just LOL. With the story so far you could actually expect such a thing

Well lets hope him showing up is done better than when Mistgun showed up. Back then it was all "WHOA HELL YEAH!!" but it actually failed in epic fashion.
Old 2009-06-13, 08:22   Link #1474
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Random thought: do you think Wendy might have actually met Mistgun and owe him but instead pay back Gerard? After all, they got the same face, and Gerard's been an ass for about...all his life
Old 2009-06-13, 16:58   Link #1475
ellifeedn
Thinker

That may actually be possible. Whether Mistgun's face was ever seen by anyone prior to the previous arc remains to be seen.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 21:12   Link #1476
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Isn't this a bit of a One Piece rip off?
Old 2009-06-13, 21:40   Link #1477
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
You might think that, when it comes to the character designs, and even the logo... but trust me, it's not similar to One Piece at all

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 01:18   Link #1478
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Isn't this a bit of a One Piece rip off?
Yeah, although Natsu is similar to Luffy, Fairy Tail has many elements from Rave Master, and its overall concept is much more different than One Piece: it's an adventure to unravel the mysteries of the world, making it a lot more plot-heavy (or at least it has that possibility).
Old 2009-06-14, 01:42   Link #1479
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

What are you guys talking about?

It's very similar to One Piece, not only in character designs but in plot and characters.

The main themes of friendship (nakama) and following your dreams are present. We have a group of people, who are very close and willing to die for each other, all of whom have a pretty sad past, and yet they are optimistic fun people who know how to party.

Of course, I know some of this can be said about all shounen, I think One Piece and Fairy Tail are much closer in terms of the spirit they are trying to convey - an optimistic, adventurous feeling, which I don't exactly get from Naruto, Bleach, D. Gray man etc...
Old 2009-06-14, 04:55   Link #1480
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
What are you guys talking about?

It's very similar to One Piece, not only in character designs but in plot and characters.

The main themes of friendship (nakama) and following your dreams are present. We have a group of people, who are very close and willing to die for each other, all of whom have a pretty sad past, and yet they are optimistic fun people who know how to party.

Of course, I know some of this can be said about all shounen, I think One Piece and Fairy Tail are much closer in terms of the spirit they are trying to convey - an optimistic, adventurous feeling, which I don't exactly get from Naruto, Bleach, D. Gray man etc...
You know the similarities between FT and OP are that obvious that people forcibly tend to distinguish the two . Still both have qualities that the other one hasn't and i guess you could try to compare them, rate which one's "better" or accuse FT to be a rip-off but i think at the end of the day both are enjoyable pieces of entertainment that are distinguishable enough for both to be popular.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen