ShootingStars

just watch guys... nanami will make her come back way later
ShootingStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 03:53   Link #1462
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingStars View Post
just watch guys... nanami will make her come back way later
I am not talking about making a comeback, what I meant was their overall personalities, Nanami simply was a selfish, possesive girl who was afraid to take risks and had a very dull, unattractive personality. In short, there was nothing "electric" about Nanami and she wasnt very friendly to begin with, nothing special about her that will immediately make you like her except maybe her good-looks and she rarely sat down and had a chat with Haruto which gave off the feeling that she was enjoying the company wheras with Shiho you can tell already that she genuinly likes talking to Haruto and finds him interesting. While Nanami, barely even noticed Haruto before the confession and even after that all her conversations with Haruto never quite gave the impression that she was genuinly interested or enjoying Haruto's company, it gave off more as an obligation feeling to it as if Nanami was forcing herself. I dunno that's just what I feel that Shiho wants to get alot closer to Haruto than Nanami ever did
Old 2009-10-21, 04:15   Link #1463
mammothb

yea nanami is definitely afraid to take risks, during the summer festival rin said that nanami is using haruto as a safety net. what's more she gets jealous easily, her reason to reject haruto was actually because she was jealous when haruto went to look for eba when she went missing, i mean, come on, eba wasn't very familiar with the place and it's dangerous for a girl to go missing at night so it's understandable that haruto is worried and went to look for her.

shiho is mature and not fake, though i'm still rooting for haruto x eba all the way
mammothb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 04:33   Link #1464
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothb View Post
yea nanami is definitely afraid to take risks, during the summer festival rin said that nanami is using haruto as a safety net. what's more she gets jealous easily, her reason to reject haruto was actually because she was jealous when haruto went to look for eba when she went missing, i mean, come on, eba wasn't very familiar with the place and it's dangerous for a girl to go missing at night so it's understandable that haruto is worried and went to look for her.

shiho is mature and not fake, though i'm still rooting for haruto x eba all the way
You perfectly understood what I meant as that's exactly my opinion also. Yeah me too, I am still rooting for Eba but I wouldnt mind seeing Shiho atleast sway Haruto's feelings abit and bring a little more drama as a girl like Shiho deserves more than just making a dissappearing act and the whole drama can give this story a little life and it would make Haruto and Eba a little more eager to continue their relationship and bring them closer.

Nanami definitely played it safe and didnt even want to give their relationship a chance to work out.
Old 2009-10-21, 06:15   Link #1465
mammothb

ha.. probably when haruto and eba's long distance relationship has met with problems, then haruto will talk about it with shiho since she had similar experiences before(based on the latest raw and my not so good jap, i figured it is something like this). and then they may get into a relationship, probably
Old 2009-10-21, 08:16   Link #1466
justavisitor

read the translation of ch 65

Spoiler for little bit spoiler:
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 10:14   Link #1467
Dark Mage

@justavisitor..whta's the point of bringing a girl like that and make Haruto interact with her, get her to be impressed by him, just to make her dissappear that soon?...It doesnt make much sense, unless Seo Kuji was testing out new girl character designs to use for his next manga. LoL ...I personally hope that we get to see more of Shiho later on in the manga
Old 2009-10-21, 10:19   Link #1468
justavisitor

@Dark Mage
I sincerely hope that's not the case, but after the "Yui incident" in Suzuka, I am not that sure XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-10-21, 10:34   Link #1469
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
@Dark Mage
I sincerely hope that's not the case, but after the "Yui incident" in Suzuka, I am not that sure XD

Man you can compare Yui with Kotone but Shiho is different and has nothing in common with Yui except working in the same place part, there wasnt a character like Shiho in Suzuka although Miki came close to Shiho's character while Yui and Kotone have alot in common if you think about it and characters like Yui and Kotone can go jump off a cliff for all I care.(but I must say,even Yui was better than Kotone)

Last edited by Dark Mage; 2009-10-21 at 10:54.
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 10:37   Link #1470
justavisitor

I am not comparing Shiho to Yui...I am just saying from Suzuka, Seo seems to have a habit of creating random girls and dispose them shortly afterward...of course Suzuka is just one manga so I can't really predict anything..but I just have a feeling that it may be the case for Shiho XD
Old 2009-10-21, 18:54   Link #1471
gaffer7

Quote:
I am not comparing Shiho to Yui...I am just saying from Suzuka, Seo seems to have a habit of creating random girls and dispose them shortly afterward...of course Suzuka is just one manga so I can't really predict anything..but I just have a feeling that it may be the case for Shiho XD
Sigh, and here I was hoping we had one that would actually have a significant role in the story...
Old 2009-10-22, 10:01   Link #1472
justavisitor

it's just my assumption/hunch...I am probably wrong but that's my impression after reading the latest chapter (with translation)

Sorry for any confusion
Old 2009-10-23, 21:28   Link #1473
Dark Mage

Quote:
it's just my assumption/hunch...I am probably wrong but that's my impression after reading the latest chapter (with translation)

Sorry for any confusion
No...After having read the chapter myself, unfortunately, I have to agree with you, that it is more than likely that we have seen the last of Shiho unless Haruto gets to see her in his next summer. Damn! and I really would've preferred if she stuck around. Also, I think Shiho didnt fall for Haruto at all, it was more like a Senpai-Kouhai relationship and that also saddends me because I wanted Shiho to fall hard for Haruto, instead she turned out to be another Miki(the track & Field teammate) from Suzuka who was shot down even before she had the chance to confess and then supported Yamato in his persuit of Suzuka. I would love HYaruto to join a club, become someone rather than just waste his time typing text messages like atleast we saw Yamato had a dream but as Haruto and Eba's relationship is starting to get boring, slow-paced and starting to drag on me, and as its pretty much confirmed now, that there wont be any worthy rival girls, I would like to see Haruto do something about his future and step out of his comfort zone to keep the manga interesting for me. Its getting all to draggy IMO
Old 2009-10-23, 21:40   Link #1474
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I also think this is the last we've seen of Shiho, for now. I'm really hoping not, but...since she and Haruto might follow the same path (chef) they can always "coincidentally" meet again.

Interesting, so she was in a relationship like Haruto before or maybe KINDA, since she said "get along well" and not in a relationship.
Old 2009-10-23, 21:42   Link #1475
DeotoxSlayer

Question, has Haruto ever actually been to the cooking club he's part of in his school?
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 22:02   Link #1476
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Question, has Haruto ever actually been to the cooking club he's part of in his school?
he goes but the times they showed him he has always been distracted by other things.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 22:19   Link #1477
mammothb

it gets boring when things are going so well for them and nothing bad happens. well i think the next arc will be the trip and maybe something big will happen. probably he would meet the guy shiho got along well with or something. keeping my fingers crossed, cuz i don wan shiho to just disappear like this.
Old 2009-10-23, 22:19   Link #1478
Noblesse

Shiho has feeling for Haruto with that last impression in the chapter and i hope she chase after him that would be sick
Noblesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 22:52   Link #1479
gaffer7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothb View Post
it gets boring when things are going so well for them and nothing bad happens. well i think the next arc will be the trip and maybe something big will happen. probably he would meet the guy shiho got along well with or something. keeping my fingers crossed, cuz i don wan shiho to just disappear like this.
I'm hoping for something along those lines, would seem pointless to include a character like her as a passing interest for the space of four or so chapters only.
Old 2009-10-23, 22:53   Link #1480
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
Bah! Still no drama and the smooth-sailing and rapidly becoming boring and slow-paced relationship of Haruto and Eba continues. But I am sure of one thing that, I like Shiho way better than Nanami and Kotone. She left an impression in just 3 chapters that Nanami hasnt done despite being there from the beginning and I dont even wanna say anything about Kotone. Shiho has a far better personality than those other two girls
It was a tad dull. I had expected something to happen. But Shiho is pretty cool. I guess it comes with being a year older.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
@justavisitor..whta's the point of bringing a girl like that and make Haruto interact with her, get her to be impressed by him, just to make her dissappear that soon?...It doesnt make much sense, unless Seo Kuji was testing out new girl character designs to use for his next manga. LoL ...I personally hope that we get to see more of Shiho later on in the manga
I can't see this being the last time we see her. We never found out what school she goes to and Haruto never discussed it. Maybe he'll see her once school starts or something. And Seo can say Haruto never saw or met her before since she skips school a lot. lol.

Shiho end anyone? Haruto and her can open up a nice little food place.

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life