so this doujin got translated *whistle*

Is a doujin? where I can read that?
Old 2014-03-14, 17:51   Link #1463
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by widagtama View Post

I hate this so much. Bastards in Japan ruining my girls.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-14, 18:00   Link #1464
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
Well, finally, there is something that you and I actually agree on.

This is probably the same doujin that was posted about here last January. This time, I'm not going to do a search. The less I know about this, the better.

I wonder what RoosterTeeth and Monty think about this?!
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-14, 18:16   Link #1465
Tenzen12

I am pretty sure Monty is happy about that, It's best proof that his work is aknowledged by Japanese audience afterall.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-14, 18:43   Link #1466
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I am pretty sure Monty is happy about that, It's best proof that his work is aknowledged by Japanese audience afterall.
I would think that the best acknowledgement by the Japanese audience is if the series itself were to be subbed or dubbed in Japanese. In this regard, the Japanese audience appears to be more restricted than even the Chinese. There have been Chinese dubs of all 16 episodes available for months now.

I don't think a hentai doujin is necessarily a good barometer of the Japanese response to the series per se. It is more of a response to fulfill the prurient interest of a select few members of the Japanese anime watching community. It also contradicts, or so I believe, Monty's own wish to maintain a certain fanservice-free level with the series.

But, Monty is probably happy about the, ahem, exposure to the series it would otherwise not get. Whether or not that would ultimately lead to more money for RoosterTeeth, and thus Monty's pocket, is speculative.

On the other hand, I think, in the end, youtube will have done the RWBY franchise more than any doujin (or even advertising) could do. If you google "youtube rwby" you get a gazillion results (although within youtube you only get about 170,000; I don't know which is more accurate).
Old 2014-03-14, 18:53   Link #1467
CBredbeard
Banned

One thing I like about Rwby was that the girls seem to, get this, actually like...BOYS! A novel concept, I know! Girls finding boys attractive, who would have thought?
Old 2014-03-14, 20:03   Link #1468
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

RWBY has been dubbed into Japanese already, although it's fanmade and only covers Episode 2.

Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-14, 20:16   Link #1469
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
I would think that the best acknowledgement by the Japanese audience is if the series itself were to be subbed or dubbed in Japanese. In this regard, the Japanese audience appears to be more restricted than even the Chinese. There have been Chinese dubs of all 16 episodes available for months now.

I don't think a hentai doujin is necessarily a good barometer of the Japanese response to the series per se. It is more of a response to fulfill the prurient interest of a select few members of the Japanese anime watching community. It also contradicts, or so I believe, Monty's own wish to maintain a certain fanservice-free level with the series.

But, Monty is probably happy about the, ahem, exposure to the series it would otherwise not get. Whether or not that would ultimately lead to more money for RoosterTeeth, and thus Monty's pocket, is speculative.

On the other hand, I think, in the end, youtube will have done the RWBY franchise more than any doujin (or even advertising) could do. If you google "youtube rwby" you get a gazillion results (although within youtube you only get about 170,000; I don't know which is more accurate).
Who said it was hentai?
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-14, 20:33   Link #1470
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
RWBY has been dubbed into Japanese already, although it's fanmade and only covers Episode 2.
I wouldn't consider one single episode of RWBY dubbed into Japanese a very good showing. I had already seen that on youtube, but didn't bother to mention it because it is only a single episode, and it seems to be the only Japanese sub or dub of an actual RWBY episode or trailer.

Yet, there are a myriad of other languages into which RWBY episodes and trailers have been subbed and/or dubbed. Chinese, Thai, Italian, Spanish, Indonesian. Compared to those, and others, RWBY would seem to be having a very lackluster response from the Japanese anime community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatronic View Post
Who said it was hentai?
If you look at my previous post, you will note that I said:

Quote:
This is probably the same doujin that was posted about here last January.
combined with widagtama's comment:

Quote:
I jumped to the conclusion that it is the same doujin (since I haven't heard of any other) and that doujin was definitely hentai, no question about it.

( my previous post about that doujin is here )
Old 2014-03-15, 01:52   Link #1471
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Compared to those, and others, RWBY would seem to be having a very lackluster response from the Japanese anime community.
That's because you've been dismissing the other signs of a response from the Japanese anime community as "not enough".
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-15, 04:45   Link #1472
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
That's because you've been dismissing the other signs of a response from the Japanese anime community as "not enough".
Pray tell, what other signs of response from the Japanese anime community have there been? Does one dubbed episode of RWBY and a hentai doujin really count as an overwhelming response?
Old 2014-03-15, 06:12   Link #1473
Tenzen12

Yes, it does (plus immense amount of fanart on pixiv and other sites).

You appearently think official distribution = popularity which is appearentl BS. Doujins, fanarts, cosplays... all these are real proof of popularity. Only thing that is missing is RWBY-con.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-16, 07:43   Link #1474
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post

The problem with your view is that Rooster Teeth is a very small amateur studio, and probably doesn't have the money or resources to hire any fansubbers, dubbers, etc. Also having an official release isn't a good barometer for the Japanese response to the series, as that only a sign of the actual resources of a company. There is also the fact that while there are professional companies who are dedicated to dubbing and subbing Japanese animation in the west, the same cannot be said for Japan, especially since this is actually a web series, and licensors don't go after shows like that.

Even then having an official release isn't a sign of popularity and doesn't represent the fandom at all, because it doesn't account for amount of unpopular shows that get licensed every year. And to say that it is a sign of popularity is to call shows like "Dragonaut" popular with western audiences. Its not really a sign of supply and demand. By your logic the Macross franchise isn't popular because it doesn't have an official release, but considering that we actually have a subforum for that right here on animesuki, that right there proves your wrong.

Sites such as "Pixiv", cosplayers, fandubbers, etc, are the fandom itself. When they do things to add to the fandom, such as drawing fanart, cosplay, or fandub they are showing their love for the series, and when you see a lot of this stuff from many different users you can most likely account them as different people. It would be gravely idiotic thing to say that they don't represent a fandom, or a series popularity, when they are a the fandom itself.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-16, 08:29   Link #1475
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Yes, it does (plus immense amount of fanart on pixiv and other sites).
You really think one dubbed episode of RWBY and a hentai doujin really count as an overwhelming response?

Four or five subber groups translating each and every episode as they come out would be an overwhelming response. But one dubbed episode and a hentai doujin?

Quote:
You appearently think official distribution = popularity which is appearentl BS. Doujins, fanarts, cosplays... all these are real proof of popularity. Only thing that is missing is RWBY-con.
Funny, I don't recall mentioning anything about popularity. And I do not disagree that fan art, cosplaying characters, and doujins are a limited sign of popularity. But none of that will directly contribute to the extension of the franchise, in other words, financing more episodes of RWBY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
The problem with your view...
You are entitled to misinterpret what you believe to be my point of view. And you are welcome to think that I am an idiot. Indeed, I even welcome it. I have a good laugh whenever people try (and fail) to insult me.

I have no idea where you got the idea that I was talking about a dubbed or subbed "official release" or even a licensed release. But, by your logic, if there had been an episode by episode, non-official Japanese subbed version of RWBY, there may have been sub-forums for this series, as well.

All those so-called fans should put there money where their mouths are, like I did, and buy an official copy of RWBY Volume 1.

Last edited by FredFriendly; 2014-03-16 at 08:53. Reason: hit the wrong button
Old 2014-03-16, 12:45   Link #1476
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Jesus Christ.....*facepalms*

What's the difference? Like Western/American audiences haven't ruined Japanese anime by fanfic and art.....
Old 2014-03-16, 14:48   Link #1477
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post

What's the difference? Like Western/American audiences haven't ruined Japanese anime by fanfic and art.....
Western crap doesn't end up on the internet.
Old 2014-03-16, 15:09   Link #1478
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post

It's a hentai interpretation. Just ignore it.
Old 2014-03-17, 12:02   Link #1479
shadow1296

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-03-17, 12:27   Link #1480
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Western crap doesn't end up on the internet.

Then where does it end up, pray tell?
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby