Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-17, 23:15   Link #14961
Micante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Who are you to say that?

A viewer who is aware about everything in this show (even the secrets/subplots between each characters) and who has lot of time to think about the situation.

If you were a character in this show, you will not have the same possibilities.
If you were a character in this show, you'd be dead.
Old 2008-08-17, 23:15   Link #14962
Vakir

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbytay View Post
If those Knighmare didn't exist they'd probably be all dead by now-_-.
Who gives a shit?

It doesn't matter if Zero got you this far, there is the very nagging possibility that you're his pawns, whether the audience knows that to be false or not. They DON'T know that, and they couldn't know that.

You are presented with the possible case of your faceless leader being of the opposing country's lineage. Ok, no big. Said guy has some mystical power. Wait, WHAT? Ok that's...odd. Go on. He also gave the order to wipe out thousands of your own countrymen and blamed it on a pink princess?

Back up.

Let's do a FORMAL INVESTIGATION, GUYS! For 4-6 weeks we'll track Zero's activity and...

No. Fuck that shit. There's a Britannian envoy right here. We've been presented with incriminating evidence of what occured that we were bold-faced lied to about. We're sort of pressed for time given any other route involves us getting nuked to holy hell with a FLEIJA in any given time with lack of compliance. Nippon banzai and all that good stuff, but if we're DEAD or MIND CONTROLLED, we can't RECLAIM JAPAN.

Is this really a hard concept? REALLY? Or are you grasping that desperately to defend someone who has almost no defense potential here?

Quote:
The part about being under geass influence it´s really naive of them... why having doubts if you´re under geass, but I guess the rage was stronger by then...
Whether or not they were under its influence, he orchestrated the entire SAZ incident and admitted to it. When confronted her took off his mask and, while it was for Kallen's sake of not getting gunned down like an idiotic firecrotch, decidedly hammed it up and made himself look 100x better than he needed to.

Quote:
Seriously though, what made Lelouch better in my opinion was his ability to shoulder everything, to acknowledge his own faults, while all they did was blame him for anything and everything, not even looking at themselves and what they had done. Do they think there was only one person using people here? Of course not? Do they honestly think they joined him because of Geass? How they hell an they even think about treason if that's the case? These guys aren't thinking, they're not considering anything beyond the mild spectrum woven by Schniezel, and they got played harder then Lelouch ever did to them. What makes him better, is that he believed in them too and he didn't lose that faith, that's the difference. Simple really
You really don't comprehend the concept of someone who may not necessarily be controlling you to stay in, but may be controlling the events around you to convince you to stay there. There's more than one street to earning someone's trust. And just because someone shoulders and acknowledges something doesn't mean that it's ok.

Quote:
It's obvious logically that there are limitations to his power to control or else he wouldn't have needed the OotBKs in the first place. If you could control anyone at any time wouldn't he have won this war already. So if they actually thought about it for more then two seconds they could have come to that conclusion.
Except even if they came to that conclusion, all the evidence presented was still entirely true. And he still admitted to everything. And you don't exactly have time to conduct thorough investigations when someone admits to causing a massacre using "MAGIC~!" and he's in the same ship as you and your enemy that has NUKES.

THAT is logic.
Old 2008-08-17, 23:15   Link #14963
Eiontalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
Naturally when you hear about some incredible MYSTIC POWER, you don't question if there are any rules at all, for god's sake.

It's like the people here have no capacity for empathy or something. Is it so hard to comprehend the state of mind they'd be in with all of this crap crushing them at once?
It's obvious logically that there are limitations to his power to control or else he wouldn't have needed the OotBKs in the first place. If you could control anyone at any time wouldn't he have won this war already. So if they actually thought about it for more then two seconds they could have come to that conclusion.
Old 2008-08-17, 23:16   Link #14964
leechbox
Kallen & Zero are my hero

Send a message via MSN to leechbox
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
i think they would just report to UN that zero died in action.
Agreed, they were saying he was wounded before... im expecting them to say he died for japan, or something. And randomly japan goes to the 11's without any questions. XD
Old 2008-08-17, 23:16   Link #14965
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Yo have any ideas for your 4koma yet? I shall be waiting lol.
He mentioned having one idea in mind
Old 2008-08-17, 23:16   Link #14966
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micante View Post
If you were a character in this show, you'd be dead.
Sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I know
Old 2008-08-17, 23:17   Link #14967
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by leechbox View Post
Agreed, they were saying he was wounded before... im expecting them to say he died for japan, or something. And randomly japan goes to the 11's without any questions. XD
And all of a sudden....

Zero:I'm back you fools!!!!! Time to die!!!
Old 2008-08-17, 23:17   Link #14968
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
But that doesn't change the fact that Schneizel is a manipulative bastard. He's always trying to act perfect and nice, but there is a knife behind that smile of his. They are morons for trusting him to return Japan to them.
He may have a knife behind his smile, but he DOES keep his word. If they gave him Zero, he would give Japan back (probably with a few rules in place to make sure they still remain loyal to at least some degree.) I don't question that at all.

And I think he does care about Lelouch (and he does seem to fear him.) Why do you think he wanted to protect him when he first captured him in 17? As for teh scare tactics, you may be right, but I guess that is the history of Geass in general...<.<
Old 2008-08-17, 23:17   Link #14969
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
Atleast he doesn't need geass to manipulate people, thats a step up.
Well, props go to Schneizel for managing to outmaneuver Lulu without resorting to some weird power. Though to be fair, it's not like Lelouch used geass every time he did something manipulative.

Don't get me wrong though, I actually respect Schneizel for being a manipulative bastard and having mad acting skills.
Old 2008-08-17, 23:18   Link #14970
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey D. Luffy View Post
Zero was his cause though, he met Villeta and betrayed Zero without bothering to get both sides. It seems like he was blinded by love and acted out emotion, even if Villeta told Ougi the truth behind Zero, how was he to know if it was fact or lie? Yet he still managed to make up his mind against Zero.

You said it yourself though, how can Zero be a traitor when freeing the Japanese wasn't even his cause, I think he was a hypocrite not a traitor.
ok? so? doesn't mean they weren't any less justified in kicking zero to the curb.
Old 2008-08-17, 23:18   Link #14971
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
It is confirmed that Nunnally is DEAD. According to the official character chart, of course. BOO HOO. not to mention sayoko and the others.
Old 2008-08-17, 23:18   Link #14972
Skellington2612
fighting swine flu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
The only thing that is kinda dumb, and I wish someone in the show would point it out, is that if he used Geass on them to do whatever he wanted, then they wouldn't even be able to think about betraying him.
I pointed it read above... but people seems to be ignoring me... or maybe it was because I edited that comment
Old 2008-08-17, 23:19   Link #14973
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I know
Hahahahahahahaha nice.
Old 2008-08-17, 23:20   Link #14974
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
He may have a knife behind his smile, but he DOES keep his word. If they gave him Zero, he would give Japan back (probably with a few rules in place to make sure they still remain loyal to at least some degree.) I don't question that at all.
And that makes the BK servants to the Empire, as such China and India get shafted. India and China will withdraw their support and thus render BK powerless, then Japan can be re-invaded by Britannia with no problems.
Old 2008-08-17, 23:21   Link #14975
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by leechbox View Post
Zero is dead.. Long live Lelouch!
Old 2008-08-17, 23:21   Link #14976
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
And that makes the BK servants to the Empire, as such China and India get shafted. India and China will withdraw their support and thus render BK powerless, then Japan can be re-invaded by Britannia with no problems.
They probably won't see it coming
Old 2008-08-17, 23:22   Link #14977
Nekotaku

Quote:
You see the situation with your eyes of viewer...

If you were one of the members of the OotbK, Given what Lelouch said and did, I doubt that you would have made another choice.
I would doubt, because of the fact that the person who is accused, save my fuc**** life in the past.
Old 2008-08-17, 23:22   Link #14978
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafri View Post
It is confirmed that Nunnally is DEAD. According to the official character chart, of course. BOO HOO.
That's likely or perhaps the nuke might have opened a warp rift to the Sword of Akasha and she and the others ended up there.

Well, no bodies were found which means they are dead.

ACQUIRING COMPLETE.
Old 2008-08-17, 23:22   Link #14979
Monkey D. Luffy

Quote:
Villetta told him about the geass and about "Lelouch"'s lies.

I doubt that a lot of people would not have made the same choice as him

As always, people comment the situation as "viewer".
I'm sure people would of done that same thing as him but at the same time Ougi was Zero's second in command, yet he was one of the first to have his commitment shaken. To me it shows a weak mind not fit for what Zero was doing, so I don't blame Ougi for doing what he did.

I do however call him a traitor for not confirming what he so easily recieved as "truth" from Villeta that made his faith in Zero dwindle.

Quote:
ok? so? doesn't mean they weren't any less justified in kicking zero to the curb.
They weren't any less justified but that doesn't make Zero a traitor, which is what you called him. He can't be a traitor for a cause he never stood for, Zero recognized it himself.
Old 2008-08-17, 23:24   Link #14980
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Atleast he doesn't need geass to manipulate people, thats a step up.
If you haven't noticed from what just happened with Rolo (or the last 44 episodes for that matter >_> ), Lelouch doesn't need a geass to "manipulate" people either.
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoiler, spoilers, theories