*Graphic Designer

Wink

Spoiler for Vampire Ninja Nyann:
Old 2011-03-01, 07:26   Link #1482
mikoo
Banned

Freebies

Spoiler for Nyann:

Last edited by mikoo; 2011-03-01 at 07:37.
mikoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 07:32   Link #1483
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Vampire Ninja nyan was the only thing that saved this episode from being terrible. As it was, it was still average.
Old 2011-03-01, 07:33   Link #1484
Sixth
Hu Tao

Just saying that the female cast in this series isn't horny or desperate like other female characters from other series, especially the harem one.

Is it a good thing or bad thing in your opinion?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 08:00   Link #1485
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Episode 8... well, more or less fine.
I can't say I'm particularly affected by Yuki's attempts: she is certainly not frugal in her efforts, but it just doesn't cut it. I was expecting something a bit more "subtle", but even though she doesn't exactly like him, she is acting as if she already was (I know it is the intent of it, but it would have been more interesting if she was really "trying" to like him, not doing it already).
I wish they used that "gossip old ladies" joke once at most...

But the real problem with this episode was Haruna. Although her antics weren't bad previously, it was extremely tiring in this episode. She wasn't particularly "tsun" before, but this week takes the cake, to the point I was wondering if it wasn't "that day of the month".
Suffice to say, I couldn't help but sigh at her complaints while she is the origin of the issue to begin with.
And despite Ayumu has his hands full, he is still considerate enough, trying to clear the "misunderstanding" and act accordingly (while your cookie cutter lead would simply have a "?" from start to finish).

Meanwhile, Yuu had her usual cute quirks, but the notable mention indeed belongs to Sera for this episode: weak spot! Perhaps Ayumu's delusion back in Episode 2 may not be that far from reality
That said, I'm satisfied that they didn't sidetrack the main plot for more than an episode: I admit that I was expecting the King of the Night plotline surging back only for the very last episodes.
Old 2011-03-01, 08:46   Link #1486
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita
By the way, is Ayumu rich? He seems has no trouble to support 4 girls at the same time.
The convenient supported financially by absentee parents working overseas trope.

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2011-03-01 at 10:48.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 09:48   Link #1487
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious View Post
Should have let the horse megalo or the school of jellyfish have their way with her a few episode back.
ha, that would've been "interesting" to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo View Post
Spoiler for Nyann:
oh, my. Omamori Himari? eh... the memories.
Sera has still a long way to go, before reaching Himari level. but, I'm sure she can do it.
Old 2011-03-01, 10:12   Link #1488
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Nice episode. I find it kind of stupid how NO ONE noticed Yuu disappearing. I mean, she was RIGHT THERE... But aside from that, cute epi. I'm totally all for Ayumu x Haruna if possible! (Although Tomonori is quite adorable.)
Old 2011-03-01, 10:28   Link #1489
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

I'm totally in love with Yuki after this episode. Also, I wonder if there's any hope for this series to have a second season?
Old 2011-03-01, 12:12   Link #1490
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
But the real problem with this episode was Haruna. Although her antics weren't bad previously, it was extremely tiring in this episode. She wasn't particularly "tsun" before, but this week takes the cake, to the point I was wondering if it wasn't "that day of the month".
Suffice to say, I couldn't help but sigh at her complaints while she is the origin of the issue to begin with.
And despite Ayumu has his hands full, he is still considerate enough, trying to clear the "misunderstanding" and act accordingly (while your cookie cutter lead would simply have a "?" from start to finish).

Meanwhile, Yuu had her usual cute quirks, but the notable mention indeed belongs to Sera for this episode: weak spot! Perhaps Ayumu's delusion back in Episode 2 may not be that far from reality
That said, I'm satisfied that they didn't sidetrack the main plot for more than an episode: I admit that I was expecting the King of the Night plotline surging back only for the very last episodes.
I think the "tsun" behavior is always there, in a sense that all three girls are ungrateful freeloaders off Ayumu. Well, there's a few hints like Dai-sensei noting that Haruna remembers Ayumu's name which makes him unique, so her liking Ayumu doesn't completely come out of nowhere. Maybe the reason she go full tsun is because there's a new, credible threat, unlike Sera who always rebuff Ayumu and Yuu that is generally cool, so the competition threatens her.

Still doesn't excuse her actions though - I mean, I can sorta get hitting others when they have sex dreams about you, although it's not like they can fully control it. But when it's your own sex dream? This isn't Yumekui Merry, and Ayumu doesn't have any Inception abilities, Haruna. But yeah, I agree that I generally like the way Ayumu handles the situation - best harem male lead of the season, and because it's early in the year, also means he's best harem male of the year (as well as the decade, in a way).

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Nice episode. Also, I really like how this series use Mask Donald instead of WcDonald like other series did for the McDonald parody. The basketball girl is hot..I hope she will be included into Ayumu's harem in the future.
Yeah, I loved Mask Donald as well. Unlike they usual examples when they replace a letter of a brand name, here they actually do something with the mask theme, with mask as Happy Meals and Mask wearing waiters. Sure, it's a bit ridiculous - but this is KWZD after all, and it's actually not quite there if you want your restaurant to stand out. In fact, if you replace the Donalds part, I wouldn't have guessed that it's a McD parody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Just saying that the female cast in this series isn't horny or desperate like other female characters from other series, especially the harem one.

Is it a good thing or bad thing in your opinion?
Personally I loved it, after all something feels a lot better when you got it after you fought hard for it, right? That's why seeing Haruna being so aggressive this episode kinda bothers me, as previously the girls doesn't really show that they like Ayumu unlike in the usual harem shows.

Sera outwardly berates him (there's a growing grudging respect, sure, but not quite 'like' yet), Yuu kinda likes him but due to the whole magic thing doesn't really show it (even can joke against him like in this ep). Yuki is actually quite an interesting angle - rather than falling in love at first sight or fallen after being impressed by their single action, here she realize she didn't like him but try her hardest to find something she could like in order to keep their relationship together (looks like she has already found the secret of marriage life after all ). It's just that, like Klashikari said, this is unfortunately undermined by showing that Yuki has already liked Ayumu from the start after all, with all the blushing and what not. It's fine, but just a bit too fast.
Old 2011-03-01, 12:36   Link #1491
taichi-kun

Great episode

Both ninja vampires are the best for ayumu XD
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 13:26   Link #1492
AzureWrath

Could I claim this one? She's just really cute and I like her in the ending ^^

Anyway, Yuki has one of the best excuses every to get close to Ayumu. She could just tell him that she needs blood and has picked him as the donor

Just gotta be sure to avoid Haruna so he doesn't get bludgeoned to death xD
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 13:28   Link #1493
kitten320

Somehow Yuki always acting cutely is a bit annoying... I would prefer for her to keep her tomboy character though her imaginations were hillariouse

Haruna is taking things too far... she was the main cause of it all to starts with! I don't care of she is geniuse because right now she acts like a spoiled brat! Dai-sensei should give her a lesson about behaviour.

Those ladies appearing all the time also got slightly over used.

Loved the Sera moment both with glasses and when she tied to attempt a cat.

Looks like the bad guy is in the picture... for some reason he looks like someone who could be Ayumu's father...

Ayumu really is a good guy to forgive all those abuses.
Old 2011-03-01, 14:57   Link #1494
Stefkov

I guess I'm in the minority when I say I enjoyed the antics of all characters including Haruna. I've never been interested in characters like that before but for some reason I like Haruna. The hitting might be excessive but I don't mind it. In fact I think this episode made me laugh more than previous episodes.
I like all the characters in this show actually and I've not gone down the familiar path, when watching harems, of rooting for one of them (only to be disappointed in the end... every time). I hope I keep this mindset.

I was confused by the Yuki's 'trying to like' Ayumu, she already looks like she likes him. I felt like that wasn't conveyed across in the right way.
Not much was done with the glasses. Was it just me or did anyone else think that Ayumu was going commando in the opening bit when Sera looks at him. Thinking of it that way makes it much more funnier.
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 15:35   Link #1495
tsunade666

I like the episode as a whole. I like harem theme anime so I'm pretty much alright with it. Seeing naru hitting keitaro before in a weekly routine already pretty much establish to me that the main lead in a harem is always misfortune

though Haruna is really taking it over the top. If Ayumu isn't a zombie he should be dead by now.

But aside from the usual thing about this episode the one who caught my attention is the letter and when Sera look at Yuu and Also the disappearance of Yu. The guy reminds me of Ayumu. Specially the dead, no emotion eyes. I wonder if he is the king of nightmare or what ever king that zombie is. Though he should probably be still dead according to Yuu but that same zombie is controlling kyoko.
Old 2011-03-01, 15:42   Link #1496
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I like the episode as a whole. I like harem theme anime so I'm pretty much alright with it. Seeing naru hitting keitaro before in a weekly routine already pretty much establish to me that the main lead in a harem is always misfortune

though Haruna is really taking it over the top. If Ayumu isn't a zombie he should be dead by now.

But aside from the usual thing about this episode the one who caught my attention is the letter and when Sera look at Yuu and Also the disappearance of Yu. The guy reminds me of Ayumu. Specially the dead, no emotion eyes. I wonder if he is the king of nightmare or what ever king that zombie is. Though he should probably be still dead according to Yuu but that same zombie is controlling kyoko.
Naru? Keitaro?

You mention that Haruna took it over the top but you didn't mention Sera's leaf shurikens breaking Ayumu's eyes.

Yeah, it was weird that Sera and Tomonori didn't notice Yuu's disappearance. And yeah, the guy who kidnapped Yuu is the King of Night, he also had the same voice and yes, he does look like the only other zombie that should (not) exist. Still controlling Kyouko... Kyoukoooo where are you?! Btw. assuming KoN is very powerful, he was just able to somehow cover up the kidnapping with some magic or so.
Old 2011-03-01, 15:42   Link #1497
carcanclaw
Kitty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
It alternates between stronger than average, somewhat creepy affection and a desire to see violence inflicted on them (sometimes said jokingly, sometimes not - and it's the sincere ones that are the scariest) if the character does something they don't like. It's a rather jarring shift of extremes.
Erm... I'm a girl... so yeah. That's what I meant by anime patronizing "us," the "us" being women.

I'm fine with fanservice, what I hate is the way the girls are often only sexual. You don't see girls getting the type of silly injuries the guys get, and I feel like it's because of the stigma around violence against women.

Put simply: I, as a woman, am not offended by slapstick against women. And honestly, I'm also not offended by shows like Index showing a male protagonist punching female villains in the face.

Please don't do the whole white knight defending women thing. If a female character is a bitch and a male character is an ass, then they both deserve an anvil to the head.
carcanclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 16:04   Link #1498
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcanclaw View Post
I'm fine with fanservice, what I hate is the way the girls are often only sexual. You don't see girls getting the type of silly injuries the guys get, and I feel like it's because of the stigma around violence against women.

Put simply: I, as a woman, am not offended by slapstick against women. And honestly, I'm also not offended by shows like Index showing a male protagonist punching female villains in the face.

Please don't do the whole white knight defending women thing. If a female character is a bitch and a male character is an ass, then they both deserve an anvil to the head.
In contrast, many guys are also depicted as being senseless perverts. See Orito.

I'm being subjective here but it's not so much a matter of a guy slapstick punching a girl (Index does a good job at showing this even on a serious level), but more that the guys generally have less reason to hit them than other girls. I can see why Tomonori and Haruna would catch themselve in a slapstick battle, but I can't see Ayumu doing the same with Haruna. I could see it if he had a proper reason, but he does not.

I agree in this case it's kinda over the top but generally speaking, it's funnier and cuter when the girl hits the guy and not vice versa (of course there are exceptions since there are quite the mean male protags out there).

Btw. it wouldn't be justified if Haruna actually got everything back she inflicted on Ayumu. Ayumu is a zombie, she is not. She slapsticks Ayumu with the knowledge that he is a zombie. On the other hand, someone like Kirino from OreImou, is not only selfish, but also heartless in some aspects (although realistic). We see that Haruna actually cares a lot about him, the single fact that she remembered his name so quickly says a lot.

Long story short, Haruna may have seemed bitchy, but that's all there is to it. Find it funny or not.

PS: Midonin's quote can be valid for both gender so yeah.
Old 2011-03-01, 16:27   Link #1499
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I knew I recognized this week's Delusion Yuu voice. I would have known her best as Akane Tendou from Ranma 1/2. ...Yes, I am 10,000 years old.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 17:02   Link #1500
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
I knew I recognized this week's Delusion Yuu voice. I would have known her best as Akane Tendou from Ranma 1/2. ...Yes, I am 10,000 years old.
Oh, please tell us another one, Grandpa! :3

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen