Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-29, 21:21   Link #15021
Skellington2612
fighting swine flu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
I bet, there's room for him too.

It seems, Kang's romantic dream gets destroyed bit by bit.
No, leave CC aside... I prefer two boys...
Skellington2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 21:24   Link #15022
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

The terrible thing here is that Newtype was discontinued in its short lived US production run -_- . I'll probably never see a full sized magazine pic like that here unless I find an import copy of that newtype.

And on Kallen's learning of the truth : I don't see how people could have expected her to learn the truth any sooner than she did. Lelouch did everything he could to prevent her from finding out. The guy CONQUERED THE EARTH, you'd think keeping her in the dark on purpose would be slightly less difficult
Old 2008-09-29, 21:24   Link #15023
Theron
Professional Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skellington2612 View Post
No, leave CC aside... I prefer two boys...
Okay, now that's not my department...
Theron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 21:24   Link #15024
Aethos

Quote:
She was true to her character... she was following her ideals... if she thought that Lelouch was bad and followed him she would have been out of character...
Well, she didnīt got it until te end... but what is she supposed to do if he doesnīt let her in and explain things?' force herself?? and remember sheīs a bit hotheaded... act first...
The funny thing about that is. She was blindly loyal to Zero without knowing a thing about him. Even though Lelouch was Zero; Kallen still knew Lelouch better than she did Zero and yet that same loyalty disappeared when the black knights betrayed him.

She never asked Lelouch that question when she only knew him as Zero. So why is it suddenly she needs to know what she is to Lelouch, and why should that rip apart all that blind loyalty she had for him when she didn't even know it was him under the mask?
Aethos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 21:26   Link #15025
yvj
U Mad?

I also think Kallen was handled poorly in the end.
Old 2008-09-29, 21:27   Link #15026
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethos View Post
The funny thing about that is. She was blindly loyal to Zero without knowing a thing about him. Even though Lelouch was Zero; Kallen still knew Lelouch better than she did Zero and yet that same loyalty disappeared when the black knights betrayed him.

She never asked Lelouch that question when she only knew him as Zero. So why is it suddenly she needs to know what she is to Lelouch, and why should that rip apart all that blind loyalty she had for him when she didn't even know it was him under the mask?
It's hard to be blindly loyal to a person who is a former prince of Britannia AND a man with a face. Add in the fact that he was a schoolmate, and you have some holes in the loyalty.

As for the betrayal..... Kallen only "betrayed" Lelouch when he set in motion the Tyrant mode.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 21:27   Link #15027
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
It's just a terrible scan of the original.
I'm taller than lelouch then

Thanks for the info
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 21:29   Link #15028
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I'm taller than lelouch then

Thanks for the info
O_o

Are you 183 cm or something?
Old 2008-09-29, 21:31   Link #15029
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

If I completely mangle my sense of metric system - american only measurement system, thats alittle short than 6 feet, right? Six feet is a pretty standard height really for guys, with anything higher qualifying as "tall" . Though, if Narona says she's taller than that, my understanding of the comparison might be off O_o
Old 2008-09-29, 21:33   Link #15030
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by kir44n View Post
If I completely mangle my sense of metric system - american only measurement system, thats alittle short than 6 feet, right? Six feet is a pretty standard height really for guys, with anything higher qualifying as "tall" . Though, if Narona says she's taller than that, my understanding of the comparison might be off O_o
1 inch = 2.54 cm.

Lelouch would be 5'10". Kallen is probably 5'9".
Old 2008-09-29, 21:34   Link #15031
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Because the question was about her and Lelouch, not Zero. She wanted to know what she meant to him, not to Zero.
Old 2008-09-29, 21:37   Link #15032
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

Okay, not too far off at all. I typically take it as 1 foot = roughly 30, 31 cm, so 178 is alittle shy of 6 feet, give or take the inexactness of my scale.

5' 10" & 5' 8" ....wow, I'm barely taller than Lelouch, and Kallen's pretty tall herself O_o . Most women I know are closer to 5' 0" - 5' 6" .

Of courrse...where does that put Narona O_o ?
Old 2008-09-29, 21:38   Link #15033
Skellington2612
fighting swine flu

Quote:

She was going to die... thatīs why she asked... then she had spent like a month with Nunally talking about Lelouch... she feels confused and almost going to give her life... She wanted to knew sacrifing herself was worth...
Zero was just a crush... she said it in episode 9, that she feared that if his identity was revealed he will go away... thatīs why she just followed...
Old 2008-09-29, 21:40   Link #15034
Strygwyr
Attention Queen killer.
*IT Support

Quote:
Okay, not too far off at all. I typically take it as 1 foot = roughly 30, 31 cm, so 178 is alittle shy of 6 feet, give or take the inexactness of my scale.

5' 10" & 5' 8" ....wow, I'm barely taller than Lelouch, and Kallen's pretty tall herself O_o . Most women I know are closer to 5' 0" - 5' 6" .

Of courrse...where does that put Narona O_o ?
A 6 footer girl
Strygwyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 21:42   Link #15035
Aethos

Quote:
She was going to die... thatīs why she asked... then she had spent like a month with Nunally talking about Lelouch... she feels confused and almost going to give her life... She wanted to knew sacrifing herself was worth...
Zero was just a crush... she said it in episode 9, that she feared that if his identity was revealed he will go away... thatīs why she just followed...
Meh this from the same Kallen who in season 1 would be all "I'll help Zero even if I have to sacrifice my life!" It just doesn't make sense for her to just turn her back on Lelouch. Someone she knew far more than Zero.
Aethos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 21:42   Link #15036
lovecakecookies

NO way.. Lulu was freaking a head taller than Kallen in episode 22.. I think that scan is probably making assumptions.. when she kissed him she was a stair or two above him...
Old 2008-09-29, 21:44   Link #15037
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
NO way.. Lulu was freaking a head taller than Kallen in episode 22.. I think that scan is probably making assumptions.. when she kissed him she was a stair or two above him...
No, I watched the scene. I will take a screenshot. It fits apparently
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 21:45   Link #15038
Skellington2612
fighting swine flu

Quote:
Wait a moment... 5,10 inches for lelouch is less than a dwarf... it must be feet right?? how many centimeters are in a foot?

People in Europe are taller... right?
Old 2008-09-29, 21:49   Link #15039
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Wait a moment... 5,10 inches for lelouch is less than a dwarf... it must be feet right?? how many centimeters are in a foot?

People in Europe are taller... right?

' is foot, " is inch.

I guess being about 3 inches taller than Kallen means I wouldn't have trouble kissing
Old 2008-09-29, 21:49   Link #15040
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

Ah, you misunderstand some terms I take for granted.

' after a number denotes Feet

" after a number denotes inches

Thus 5'10" is translated as 5 feet 10 inches. So lelouch is roughly that and Kallen is 5'8", which reads as 5 feet 8 inches. Both are extremely respectable heights. I myself am 5'11" verging on 6' (and have been for 5 years XD), and most people I meet are close to, or under my height ^^.