AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-07-11, 11:01   Link #15161
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
The point is, I doubt it's gonna take two full chapters to complete the flashback. I think the fight between Moka and Akuha isn't gonna last long at all. I think one chapter should be enough.
Well ... we don't know that yet ... and personally, while the fight in the flashbback might take one chapter to resolve (I'm assuming that the flashback is going to take one to two more chapter's to resolve) ... the actual fight between the present day Moka and Akuha will take some chapter's to resolve, with all that buildup and suspense being made around the "reunion" of Moka and Akuha and a flashback to even show what actually happened between Moka and Akuha before ... I doubt that it's going to take one chapter to actually resolve the fight between Akuha and Moka (in the present time, of course), because well Akuha is currently, better established as a opponent ... not to mention, she's certainly stronger then Kahula ... and her Dimensional Blade technique, doesn't have any apperent weaknesses at this point, so judging from that I think she might take a longer time to defeat then Kahula ... though it's probably better to wait and see how the actual fight between Akuha and Moka will look like, but after establishing how strong Akuha is, I think it would be a little too unrealistic, for Moka and Tsukune to only need one chapter to make her run away, and that's the reason why I think the actual fight between the present Day Moka and Akuha is going to take a little longer then just one chapter to resolve, but ... will probably need to wait and see how the author is going to resolve this particular fight.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 11:14   Link #15162
Tachibana
タチバナ

The Dimensional Blade is to much of a 1 hit kill, Moka and Tsukune will find a suitable counter for it, no matter how strong that technique is gonna be, its gonna have a weakness, only touhou fuhai would know about it...
Old 2010-07-11, 11:35   Link #15163
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well ... we don't know that yet ... and personally, while the fight in the flashbback might take one chapter to resolve (I'm assuming that the flashback is going to take one to two more chapter's to resolve) ... the actual fight between the present day Moka and Akuha will take some chapter's to resolve, with all that buildup and suspense being made around the "reunion" of Moka and Akuha and a flashback to even show what actually happened between Moka and Akuha before ... I doubt that it's going to take one chapter to actually resolve the fight between Akuha and Moka (in the present time, of course), because well Akuha is currently, better established as a opponent ... not to mention, she's certainly stronger then Kahula ... and her Dimensional Blade technique, doesn't have any apperent weaknesses at this point, so judging from that I think she might take a longer time to defeat then Kahula ... though it's probably better to wait and see how the actual fight between Akuha and Moka will look like, but after establishing how strong Akuha is, I think it would be a little too unrealistic, for Moka and Tsukune to only need one chapter to make her run away, and that's the reason why I think the actual fight between the present Day Moka and Akuha is going to take a little longer then just one chapter to resolve, but ... will probably need to wait and see how the author is going to resolve this particular fight.
The fight in the flashback won't be very long. It's quite clear judging from how easily Moka pwned Akuha just then. The only thing that might make it longer than one chapter is Alucard, but considering he hasn't caused any trouble for the whole time Moka's been away in the human world, and the fact there's no real threat from him in the world of the Ayashi, I find it pretty doubtful Alucard will amount to much. I suspect the next chapter will focus more on Moka and Akasha, and that's when Kurumu will find the others and drag them out of the dream before we know what happens after that between Moka and Akuha. And that's when those two meet in the present.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 11:42   Link #15164
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
The Dimensional Blade is to much of a 1 hit kill, Moka and Tsukune will find a suitable counter for it, no matter how strong that technique is gonna be, its gonna have a weakness, only touhou fuhai would know about it...
Well that is a possibility ... though I still belive that Moka and Tsukune would have to awaken their Shinso abilities to some extent, since I doubt that they could counter Akuha's attacks, if they don't match her in terms of speed and power.

Well, will probably know once the actual fight between the present day Akuha and Moka begin, but at this point I don't think that what Tsukune and Moka has demonstrated so far (I'm not talking about the Moka in the flashback, since so far their hasn't been anything that demonstrated that the current Inner Moka, is able to use her Shinso abilities), so both of them are going to go through some kind of developments that will allow them to release a higher extent of their vampire abilities.

Of course ... it could still be possible that Akuha is going to defeat Moka and Tsukune, but since something like that will probably involve Akuha taking the Shinso blood from either Moka or Tsukune and killing them in the process .. .I doubt it's a possibility that has a high chance of happening.

@Yoko Takeo

I'm sorry I thought that you were talking about the fight between the present day Akuha and Moka.

Yes ... the actual fight between Akuha and Moka ... in the flashback, shouldn't take long, and as you said Alucard hasn't been given any problems lately to the world of aysahi and humans ... so his involvement shouldn't bring much to the situation in the flashback, but I'm reserving one chapter in my assumptions, in case that Ikeda sensei pulls another plot wist out of nowhere ... and the flashback will have to be prolonged as a result, personally I hope that doesn't happen, since I want the flashback to end already, but since the author seems to be quite fond on ending the chapters with some sort of cliffhanger lately, he might do something like that again, though in my opinion that would be a little too much, but unfortunately, I'm not the one who decides how the story is going to develop from here, so anything is possible.

Last edited by Chris38; 2010-07-11 at 11:59.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 12:53   Link #15165
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
When we get back to the present day (which will hopefully happen in September, but October will certainly be the latest), I'm personally hoping that even though Inner is now stronger due to having her memories awakened, Akuha is also insanely strong... Inner might get a few hits in on her sister, but I see Akuha beating the shit out of her anyways, and as she's about to go for the killing move, sense another shinso-like presence behind her, and looks back to find Tsukune having tapped at least a little into his own shinso power, causing Akuha to go WTF???

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 16:43   Link #15166
Tachibana
タチバナ

Well 1 things for sure, for Akuha to find out that Tsukune has the Shinso blood and that he was originally human, shes gonna be pist.
Old 2010-07-11, 19:30   Link #15167
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Is it ok for me to say Moka looks gorgeous even when she's agry?

Quote:
All 3 are like, super cute like that lol.
^
What he said.

Anyways can 't wait to see the teen look of Akuha.
Old 2010-07-11, 21:16   Link #15168
khprincessh

akuha is not a teen no more she is a grown up maybe the 3rd oldest sister is like maybe 19 and so yeah.
khprincessh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 21:52   Link #15169
khprincessh

Talking GREAT NEWS! :b

Rosario and vampire ch33 comes out in 25 days! :d
khprincessh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 22:10   Link #15170
Tachibana
タチバナ

Hmm, thats interesting...
Old 2010-07-11, 22:53   Link #15171
Cio
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
^
What he said.

Anyways can 't wait to see the teen look of Akuha.
I believe she doesn't looks much different with the past.

And i think she still that flat *get shot
Old 2010-07-12, 00:55   Link #15172
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
*Dusts off crown, places on head* The king of quotes appears.
Quote:
Fodder good character for one of the villain character i might say.

Again Iam the image/announcer guy here.

Moka REFLECTION FULL IMAGE
Nice image.
Quote:
Like that one too.
Quote:
I don't think that the Holy Lock will break, during the confrontation with Akuha ... to me it's a little too soon ... for something like that to happen, since while it's true that Tsukune has made some progress in using his vampire abilities ... I don't think it's enough for Tsukune to be able to control himself, without the Holy Lock's assistance.
I wonder what Fuhai will say about the lock once he actually notices it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
in bram stokers novel sun doesn't kill dracs or vampires just weakens there power considerably. Same with the video game series legacy of kain sun doesn't kill em
In this case, water is the weakening factor. Though I think that even though it's painful for vampires to be exposed to water, it won't kill them. It, like your reference to how Bram depicted them with sunlight, only weakens them. Anything further would be just them drowning like any air-breathing creature would.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
Gotta love vampires
Quite frankly they're the alpha predator of the monster folklore world; just like us, except BETTER in nearly every way.
Yeah, only problem is that they cant reproduce as fast it seems. Thus why their numbers are so few.
Quote:
Even if that's the case the R+V has an interesting plot, interesting character's and even if it has moments when it isn't well ... as good as it could be, I think we can all keep a blind eye that the vampires in R+V aren't portrayed as some of us expected them to be. Personally I have nothing against them ... and well it's not like it really matter's how vampire's are portrayed in this manga ... the important matter is how they fit within the world that the author created, and for someone who's debuting as a mangaka, since from what I heard R+V is the first manga that Ikeda sensei makes ... I think he did a very good job ... so while the vampires in R+V aren't perfect, they fit within the world that Ikeda sensei created for them ... and he has managed to make a pretty good story with vampires, being one of the central things in the plot of the mangas story ... which is already pretty impressive for someone who debuts as a mangaka ... and well I don't really see the sense of further delving in this topic.

I mean it's not like it's important how the vampires are portrayed in a story ... the thing that matter's more is if the plot of the story that has vampires involved is interesting and keeps the reader interested enough so that he will stay until the end of the story ... and I think Rosario + Vampire passes that with flying colors.
Actually, R+V is Ikeda's second work. I don't recall the name of his first work, but I know it was fairly short lived until R+V came along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
And let's not forget a couple other things- Alucard, which for anyone uninformed is Dracula spelled backwards... Dracula's origins and powers/weaknesses are something that is set in stone. Sure, Hellsing tweaked him to a certain extent, but even he still had a weakness to water and was not comfortable in sunlight. And in Underworld (keep in mind I haven't seen Rise of the Lycans yet), the vampires were weak to sunlight but had no problem with water

the bottom line is... there are only some general guidelines for vampires (and supernatural creatures in general), but in the end, the author is God of their story and can tweak things however they want
Lets not forget Blade. That has many of the same things going on there as well. However I think the way the vampires 'die' is also interesting, in many stories like Blade and Dance in the Vampire Bund, vampires just disintegrate into dust upon death, I think this also happened in Hellsing as well. But all in all, I wonder how R+V deals with the death of vampires, because it seems that youkai in R+V can die and leave a corpse just as any human would.

And I think I've seen some haphazardly buried skeletal bodies in the background of some of the R+V panels. So, it seems to me that even though the youkai do bury their dead, they don't have as much respect for them as humans do to bury them properly, and the tomb stones are probably just a generic item or even stolen from human graves. But you never know. I just feel that they bury them just enough to keep the rotting corpse out of sight, but nothing much more.
Quote:
I have a wild theory that there are creatures beyond the world of Earth were the Ayashi reside where there exists demons far beyond Vampires. There is some literature that states the first Vampire was originally human but was given power by Lucifer and became a Vampire. Perhaps there is a similar story behind the Vampires in R+V, and that the very first Vampire was originally human but after blending with the Demons, he became a Vampire, eventually giving rise to Alucard.
That's very possible. There is a saying that "you should never think that you're the top of the food chain, because there are always things out there that are bigger and badder than you are, and likely see YOU as food." So goes the saying, so there is no doubt that vampires are competing with others to that top possition. I think though there was a hint that even vampires are weary of Phoenixes, because of the firey nature of them. Kyoubi might be the other contender for that as well, but are probably only a step or two below phoenixes.
Quote:
Speaking of animals. Kyou is somewhat similar to Naruto's Kyubi and the baby Phoenix was beaten by vamps. The series tend to favor the vamps rather than the other monsters in terms of power I guess.
Well, considering that Moka is a shinso vampire, it's not really strange to see her be favored for winning a fight. If it were Kokoa, she probably would have had a lot more difficulty dealing with the phoenix, and I think if Kokoa and Tsukune were to spar with Tsu at his full current potential, or at least what he was fighting Hokuto with, they'd probably be evenly matched, or 50/50 chance one or the other would win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Well, that was the calculations of the Major. Unfortunately, someone forgot to read his copy of Dracula. How did our Count arrive in London back during the Victorian Era? He took a ship, that's how.
Kinda like what's his face from Black Blood Brothers. He ended up taking a ship somewhere and had to fight off a bunch of hijackers, but ended up in the water later, and by the time he made it to shore, he was quite literally a walking skeleton, but he regenerated as fast or even faster than Akasha did from that. I'd have to say that I'm glad the R+V vampires aren't THAT weak against water, or Moka wouldn't be looking as good as she does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
...and now for going back to R+V- so it's confirmed that Moka is Shinso... which makes me wonder what's in store for Tsukune. He may be part human, but based on a few things that were pointed out earlier, it seems the original, strongest vampires also started out human.... Tsukune, a half-shinso with tremendous power and none of the weaknesses. Fully train his power, and FT will be going OH SHI-
I'd say that's one way to put it. I think Tsukune is the headmaster's trump card because he's got so much potential, and has Moka as his companion, as well as other potentially strong youkai. I say that Tsukune is literally surrounded by the "cream of the crop" when it comes to youkai types. Each are either already strong in their expertise, or have the potential to get stronger from here. It's just giving them the 'reason' to get stronger that all this seems to lead to.
Quote:
They hate you Tsukune..........

Spoiler:

This never happened yet in the anime nor s1 or s2 manga. Only the game
Kinda wonder what they're saying in that pic. Obviously they're pissed, but at who and why?
Quote:
There might also be a little stint in there where Fuhai might notice Tsukune's potential and may even be able to teach him how to do that trick Akua does, so that could put them on similar grounds, even though Akua uses martial arts as well. Hopefully Moka trained Tsukune enough to be able to compete against Akua should he need to get involved directly. I would hope that since Fuhai knows a few tricks, that he's at least able to impart some techniques unto our fledgling hero to help deal with Akua, since now he knows that Akua stole his technique, I would say that he'll probably tell Tsukune how to counter that technique if anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cio View Post
I believe she doesn't looks much different with the past.

And i think she still that flat *gets shot*
Yeah, considering that she's wearing something similar to what she wore during her first appearance, I don't think she'd look any different really. Kahlua, Kokoa, and Moka have had some changes, but since Akua is supposed to be older already, I think her being a teenager in the past, at least around 14 to 16 already, I'd say she'd be just looking just a little more mature, but generally no different from her past self, as she still seems to sport the same clothing, and hair style.I'd say she'd be reaching her early 20's at the present, if we were to assume Kahlua is about 18 or 19 in the present.
Old 2010-07-12, 01:31   Link #15173
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by khprincessh View Post
akuha is not a teen no more she is a grown up maybe the 3rd oldest sister is like maybe 19 and so yeah.
iirc, Akuha was 14 or 15 at the end of the flashback when she fought Akasha. Indeed, she may be 20 or 21 (possibly even 22) considering Moka is 16 or 17. She was 10 at the end of the flashback after all.

Last edited by Tsuyoshi; 2010-07-12 at 01:59.
Old 2010-07-12, 05:56   Link #15174
Tachibana
タチバナ

I hope the flashbacks end next chapter. >_>
Old 2010-07-12, 10:45   Link #15175
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Well 1 things for sure, for Akuha to find out that Tsukune has the Shinso blood and that he was originally human, shes gonna be pist.
Oh man. If only Tsukune didn't know she was evil. It'd be really good to see her try and seduce him to get his blood. I'm interested to see how Inner Moka would react to that.
Old 2010-07-12, 10:53   Link #15176
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Oh man. If only Tsukune didn't know she was evil. It'd be really good to see her try and seduce him to get his blood. I'm interested to see how Inner Moka would react to that.
Hell, she could still try to do that anyway. She's probably self-confident enough to think she could make him forget she's evil by seducing him. It's not like she'd know him well enough to know that'd never happen.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 11:08   Link #15177
Tachibana
タチバナ

Id vote Akuha seduce Tsukune for blood.
Old 2010-07-12, 11:24   Link #15178
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

We all know that Akuha is a conssummate schemer. I don't see it beyond her to try and seduce Tsukune at first, until she finds out that he knows what happened in the past between her and Moka. She probably will attempt to seduce Tsukune, but it will be a short-lived attempt considering that at this stage, after he saw what happened to Akasha, it's probably the last thing he would want.
Old 2010-07-12, 11:26   Link #15179
Tachibana
タチバナ

Well if she attempts to seduce Tsukune, Moka will be furious to learn that Akuha is trying to "take" what rightfully belongs to her, if yall know what i mean.
Old 2010-07-12, 11:33   Link #15180
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Well if she attempts to seduce Tsukune, Moka will be furious to learn that Akuha is trying to "take" what rightfully belongs to her, if yall know what i mean.
There is that. Point is, Akuha will enrage both Moka and Tsukune, and Moka's already mad at her for Akasha. I doubt she will agree to her taking Tsukune only to kill him. But this makes me wonder, knowing Akuha, could it be that in the past 7 years she also acquired other magic skills that allows her to seduce others more easily? Magic akin to that of a Succubus?

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire