AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-15, 23:35   Link #1501
Friday
Im shy too...

prediction:

they been officially given permission to enter Glacies and repair the Silvius......
maybe....
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 11:29   Link #1502
TheKage

Who would be...?

The tone of the last episode seem to have implied that Silvius damaged a little bit of what could have been a much nicer reception. The idea that they'd have to do a lot more than even gifting the Silvius to Glacies to avoid conflict I think it was?

I'm just wondering, what happened to the small previews we'd usually get ;w; The last two weeks I keep wondering and wondering about the next episode.
TheKage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 13:31   Link #1503
stormwaltzing
Little Master

IN THIS EPISODE!!!

Spoiler for ..... yeah no real spoilers because.:
Old 2011-12-16, 16:14   Link #1504
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Seriously a RECAP episode in a 24 eps series!!!!!!
Old 2011-12-16, 16:36   Link #1505
stormwaltzing
Little Master

There are 24 air dates but the series is said to have 21 episodes

Which means
Spoiler for :|:
Old 2011-12-16, 17:25   Link #1506
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by EadTaes View Post
Seriously a RECAP episode in a 24 eps series!!!!!!
Saving money!

They are really making this series on a budget.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 17:59   Link #1507
DangerMouse

I'm still not so sure I buy that 21 ep rumor, ofcourse without knowing it's possible, but two recaps would be weird, plus the rumor doesn't even line up as that would be 22 eps, since the full ep count is supposed to be 24 as reported by the broadcasters themselves, so two recaps would be 22 not 21.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Saving money!

I have a hard time agreeing with that (beyond the usual save a chunk of money mid-season with a recap so we can spend it on the finale etc. that virtually every 24-26 ep show does at least once) given the visuals in this series are still some of the best around, even in this season the only show even near them is the also clearly big budget Guilty Crown. I think they've delivered excellent visuals overall and this has been one heck of a comeback show (and it's hard to imagine that the second half won't be even bigger with all the big conflicts that are still waiting, as is usually the case in big action adventure shows like this).

Also, hmm for you and especially EadTaes, maybe I'm missing why it's so shocking that it got that many exclamations. Most 2-cour series still have a recap episode. It would have been great and more rare if it didn't like the first series where instead we got that nice flashback to when they were kids ep, but they're still pretty common.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2011-12-16 at 18:27.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 18:27   Link #1508
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Saving money!

Recap is good for latecomers.
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 18:38   Link #1509
azarhal

I think people took my comment wrongly.

I meant that they had a tight budget and need to have episodes that don't cost too much to have more money for the big actions ones and their budget is lower then other big show this season.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 19:41   Link #1510
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
prediction:

they been officially given permission to enter Glacies and repair the Silvius......
maybe....
maybe next episode

just a recap........

truly, how many episodes are there???
Old 2011-12-16, 19:46   Link #1511
TheKage

I am seriously surprised by the fact that there was a recap. I missed the memo that the next episode was 9.5 xD I honestly thought it was the 10th episode. @_@
TheKage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 20:25   Link #1512
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
truly, how many episodes are there???
This is the most official source we've got.

It's a tweet from back when the show started that was posted way earlier in the thread, the tweet is by Sun TV one of the official broadcasters of the show in Japan confirming the show would be 24 episodes.

https://twitter.com/#!/suntv3/status/115975293524647936

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2011-12-16 at 20:46.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 21:18   Link #1513
Julio C
Bury My Shell

A recap episode? Now my weekend is ruined.

So now I have to wait another week to see the story progressed?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 00:22   Link #1514
tsunade666

so they are doing a recap episode -_- and it's nearing the christmas and new years break. i hope it won't end in a cliffhanger next week.
Old 2011-12-17, 01:37   Link #1515
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
This is the most official source we've got.

It's a tweet from back when the show started that was posted way earlier in the thread, the tweet is by Sun TV one of the official broadcasters of the show in Japan confirming the show would be 24 episodes.

https://twitter.com/#!/suntv3/status/115975293524647936
thanks for that
Old 2011-12-17, 03:14   Link #1516
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Connected Passed Pawn

I can't understand why most of you considered the circumstances at how Giselle reconciliated with Fam lame or uneventful, since I could understand Giselle at a very empathetic and personal level.

Giselle was longing to return to her homeland, but she felt deeply hurt with Fam overlooking her kindness, particularly, after going through a life-death situation barely unscathed which almost claimed her father's and comrades' lives as well.
But, Giselle herself admitted to Millia she was being selfish and unfair to Fam, because knowing Fam since the dawn of their childhood she understands Fam cannot leave people in need to their luck.

She was scared and being adamant with a child-like disposition not to stay longer in the Sylvius. But her revisiting her childhood memories over her and Fam growing together in a family made Giselle reassertive about her friendship towards Fam.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 03:31   Link #1517
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Giselle was longing to return to her homeland, but she felt deeply hurt with Fam overlooking her kindness, particularly, after going through a life-death situation barely unscathed which almost claimed her father's and comrades' lives as well.
But, Giselle herself admitted to Millia she was being selfish and unfair to Fam, because knowing Fam since the dawn of their childhood she understands Fam cannot leave people in need to their luck.
The thing is that Fam herself admitted (to Dio) that she was taking Gisey for granted, so Gisey wasn't all that wrong after all. Yet (and this is the problem!!) Fam in the end never told this to Gisey, and so Gisey ended feeling that it was all her fault.

That's why they should have talked to each other clearly. That way they would have known that both had been unfair. The way it was done, Gisey, at least, ended up thinking it was all her fault and that's just nonsense.
Old 2011-12-17, 04:12   Link #1518
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
The thing is that Fam herself admitted (to Dio) that she was taking Gisey for granted, so Gisey wasn't all that wrong after all. Yet (and this is the problem!!) Fam in the end never told this to Gisey, and so Gisey ended feeling that it was all her fault.

That's why they should have talked to each other clearly. That way they would have known that both had been unfair. The way it was done, Gisey, at least, ended up thinking it was all her fault and that's just nonsense.
I guess Gisey's second problem is she has trouble how to say "no" to Fam without feeling that it's her fault , and she should had voiced her disagreement to Fam instead of shutting it inside herself.

I'm pretty much like that. Sometimes, I cannot find the assertiveness to say "no" to something I don't like or don't want to do and face other people in the eyes to tell so.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 04:36   Link #1519
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I guess Gisey's second problem is she has trouble how to say "no" to Fam without feeling that it's her fault , and she should had voiced her disagreement to Fam instead of shutting it inside herself.
Yes, she should. And Fam too, should have told Gisey that she realized she was taking her for granted. That's what I've been saying: they should have talked to each other properly. It was needed so their characters could start to develop and grow beyond the stereotypes they still are.
Old 2011-12-17, 07:20   Link #1520
ehonglin

Last week, a cheap scrip. This week, a re-cap shit.

What's wrong with these people? Just 9 episodes and you need a re-cap??

To make things worse, in the letter, Giselle blames herself for being selfish and homesick ....... !!! and Fam is full of herself as always.

Last edited by ehonglin; 2011-12-17 at 07:49.
ehonglin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, science fiction