AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-09-24, 05:40   Link #1501
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcolobo View Post
My story is somewhat complicated, but if read from the beginning it is easy to follow.

SECOND CHANCE

PLOT:
Ichika Orimura was taken hostage for the second time of his life, right after he had taken his high school entrance exams...but this time it doesn't end as well as his first incident. This time he gets caught in an explosion during a rescue gone wrong, and is on the verge of death. Shinonono Tabane, intervenes after being called by Orimura Chifuyuu. She has a daring plan: install an IS core into Ichika's dying body. After a painstaking surgery, it is a success Ichika is now part IS.

But the time to relax isn't now. Do to international pressures of Japan gaining an extra IS (for Ichika's IS is a new one built by Tabane), he is forced to enter IS Academy...a school only for girls.

LINK:

SECOND CHANCE
I like they way you justify Ichika being able to use an IS (I still find the female-only premise silly though, but that's my critique with the series in general)

However, if I may:
Spoiler for some nitpics:

Anyway, that's just my two cents; feel free to ignore it if it only causes you trouble since it's not exactly plot important . I'm more curious on how this will impact the story in general though because right now the story is still the same IS only with an explanation on Ichika's uniqueness. Let the flaps of the butterfly wings shake the world
Old 2011-09-24, 05:41   Link #1502
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Other than Fanfiction.net, have you guys been able to collect and index all the IS fics written and completed so far?

I give up trying to upload my fic onto my weebly page. That server's good for casual webpages, but not if you actually know how to code in HTML...>_<
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 05:47   Link #1503
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Other than Fanfiction.net, have you guys been able to collect and index all the IS fics written and completed so far?

I give up trying to upload my fic onto my weebly page. That server's good for casual webpages, but not if you actually know how to code in HTML...>_<
I think only Fanfiction.net has an archive for the stories, why are you so reluctant to post there?.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 05:56   Link #1504
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
why are you so reluctant to post there?.
1.) The chances of my work being read is so minimal as to be laughable.
2.) I only re-started writing fanfics recently. If you're interested in the stuff I used to do:
http://wavehawk.weebly.com/fan-work.html

So yeah...I've written romance and thrillers before. But I'm going to stay well away from fantasy for the time being, as it makes my head hurt...
Old 2011-09-24, 06:08   Link #1505
Eratas123

Quote:
http://wavehawk.weebly.com/fan-work.html

1.) The chances of my work being read is so minimal as to be laughable.
2.) I only re-started writing fanfics recently
Most of your work is good even if you say you just started re-writing recently. You won't know if people will read it or not so why not try posting it and see what happens. Only a few people are reading my fanfic and I'm still posting it there so it can't hurt to try can it? Also, your work is pretty well written compared to some of the other stories in that archive so I doubt you'll get any flack for that.
Old 2011-09-24, 06:18   Link #1506
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Scratch that. Wavehawk is taken on that board.

That's actually a 3rd reason I don't post to many forums. There's other people who use my netnick, and I've gotten in trouble before for that.
Old 2011-09-24, 06:20   Link #1507
Eratas123

Looking forward to it old man
Old 2011-09-24, 06:30   Link #1508
HasuMasu
*Artist

You don't think anyone will read it?

Nice joke.

(You need more confidence in your work.)
Old 2011-09-24, 06:36   Link #1509
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I'm serious. I get a lot of criticism that my writing isn't anime enough---understandable because I write the way proper books and novels are written, but nobody seems to agree.

Oh, I wonder fi this song will inspire some of you guys to write some cool battle scenes for IS?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlgZS...eature=related
Old 2011-09-24, 07:08   Link #1510
Eratas123

I think requiem of a dream fits as a fight song better, especially if a battle is drawn out then suddenly goes hardcore near the end.
Old 2011-09-24, 07:09   Link #1511
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Ask the mods if putting up a fanfiction-related ideas/music thread is appropriate?

I also had a shudder--not for this fic, but if in a future fic I have someone threaten to kill or injure Ichika...

(gets chills)

...<Ren> would...not be as nice as she is now, that's for sure...She'd probably start by cutting off all the fingers of the children of the man who'd dare threaten Ichika, just as an appetizer. Then...
Old 2011-09-24, 07:24   Link #1512
Eratas123

Quote:
Ask the mods if putting up a fanfiction-related ideas/music thread is appropriate?

I also had a shudder--not for this fic, but if in a future fic I have someone threaten to kill or injure Ichika...

(gets chills)

...<Ren> would...not be as nice as she is now, that's for sure...She'd probably start by cutting off all the fingers of the children of the man who'd dare threaten Ichika, just as an appetizer. Then...
If that happened then Ichika would try to stop her himself since blaming the guys kids is going too far. If Ichika can't talk her out of it then Irish would probably start shooting at her since he hates people involving innocents and civilians in conflicts especially if it's blatant murder and torture.
Old 2011-09-24, 07:34   Link #1513
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Thumbs up

Quote:

(gets chills)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Run away from the keyboard and hid under his blanket)

EDIT: DAMN IT! As expected from the Old man! That would be awesome, you have to post it! NO EXCUSES!

Not Anime enough? Screw it, you took the 'Novel' in Light Novel and made it right! Ling's story is pretty awesome, and I felt this one is going to be better since Thriller is your specialty.

EDIT 2:
Anyone knew how petite is Kanzashi? her picture in the Uchigane Nigata shown that she's really tiny.
So, which is taller, her or Ling? because it's important for my fic.

Chapter 8 is almost done, just this little detail and I'll send it to blitz.
Old 2011-09-24, 07:38   Link #1514
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Don't know if you guys noticed it yet, but <Ren>...doesn't play fair. Ever. So at this point you're probably wondering:
1.) If she's such a nasty piece of work, why hasn't she tried to eliminate the other girls?
2.) What's her secret, that makes her 'not normal'?
3.) What ability does she have?
4.) Is Wavehawk baiting you with hints just to mislead you?

Last edited by wavehawk; 2011-09-24 at 07:51.
Old 2011-09-24, 07:39   Link #1515
HasuMasu
*Artist

She's about as tall as Charlotte and her
bust is roughly the size of Ran's
(which is slightly smaller than Charlotte's).
Old 2011-09-24, 07:48   Link #1516
Eratas123

Isn't involving children still going too far? Using them as hostages or threatening them is can be excused but actively targeting them and torturing them when they don't even know what's happening is going too far, it would make her an outright villain protagonist. Unless that's what you aiming for.

All I know is that Kanzashi is about half a head shorter that Tatenashi and slightly thinner as well. Theres a picture of them together in the Infinite Stratos wiki if you want to check.
Old 2011-09-24, 07:48   Link #1517
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
She's about as tall as Charlotte and her
bust is roughly the size of Ran's
(which is slightly smaller than Charlotte's).

Hmm, so....in my fic, it'll be put like this (Obviously not canon):

Dan (182) > Ichika (174) > Chifuyu (171) > Houki (166) > Madoka (164) > Cecilia (161) > Char (160) > Kanzashi (159) > Ran (157) > Maya (156) > Ling (154) > Laura (148)

Where the hell I put Tabane and Tatenashi?
Old 2011-09-24, 07:51   Link #1518
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123
If that happened then Ichika would try to stop her himself since blaming the guys kids is going too far.
<Ren>: "What Ichika doesn't know won't hurt him. Besides, it's a valid tactic. Oda Nobunaga would regularly annihalate peaceful villages to gain a psychological advantage over his enemies."

Haruko: "HOW CAN YOU TALK AS IF ODA NOBUNAGA IS AN ADMIRABLE PERSON WHEN YOU KNOW DAMN WELL HE'S NOT!?!"
Old 2011-09-24, 08:02   Link #1519
Eratas123

Irish is preparing his gun as we speak and he's setting his sights on a certain knife crazy girl

Tatenashi is about Houki's height isn't she? Btw how tall is 5 feet on that chart of yours? Is ot 152?
Old 2011-09-24, 08:16   Link #1520
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

"Would a man appreciate a woman who smells of blood?"

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest