AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-09-29, 07:39   Link #1501
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
What do you think the cards symbolize there?
Weren't Inaho's friends playing cards while he looked at the manual when the sirens went off?
Old 2014-09-29, 07:53   Link #1502
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
What do you think the cards symbolize there?
Who knows, but I spot:

- King of Hearts
- Queen of Clubs
- Jack of Spades
- 5 of Diamonds
- 5 of Spades*
- 3 of Hearts

*Curiously, it's Inaho's birthcard, if you believe in that kind of thing. I don't particularly but I just noticed the date and I thought to point out the coincidence.

It may be a Tarot spread or some pretentious attempt of symbolism or some deck game and this is Inaho's hand? I don't know which game he could be playing. Maybe six card Poker?

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-09-29, 08:10   Link #1503
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I don't disagree about the Rayet parallel as character, but I think you're overestimating what Slaine knows or cares to know about Inaho. Inaho isn't someone important in his eyes (he doesn't have a name, he's Orange), he would have killed him for Saazbaum's sake too (as he displays in his intention to attack him for Saazbaum first and not for Asseylum's sake). He's a nameless enemy to him. But he's the nameless enemy who provoked their separation in episode 7. Which once more it's not tied with Rayet exclusively, it's simply a parallel to episode 7, but Slaine gets the upperhand and it's Inaho who suffers the consequences and cannot be with Asseylum. You're using meta knowledge Slaine has no idea about because he perceives Inaho as someone wicked who will exploit and use her, not as her knight or protector. He sees Inaho not as a rival for a same cause, but as his enemy. Not just for Asseylum-as I tried to bring up: he defends and protects Saazbaum against him.
Well yes, for Slaine it's not really important who Inaho is, as much as Asseylum is not really important to Rayet, as persons. But he/they do are symbolically important:
they both represent the cause of the deaths of who they care the most
  • Inaho is, in Slaine's mind, responsible of the Princess' death.
  • Seylum was, in Rayet's mind, responsible of her father's death.
the analogy is pretty close-fitting. And also in both cases is a major aspect that drove them to lash out, since they both (Inaho and Seylum) took that role Slaine and Rayet wished for themselves.
But what they both couldn't stand, and that's why they ultimately snapped imo, is that they thought this role was not deserved by those ones, since they were responsible of their dears deaths. And in Slaine's case he was also his personal enemy.
So, in this regard what happened in ep. 7 matters (Inaho as someone wicked who will exploit and use her) since it was the moment/misunderstanding that led to Seyum's death in Slaine's mind, going back to my first analogy (Inaho and Seylum as causes of death, so being symbolically the same figure).
It all adds up perfectly in my opinion.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2014-09-29, 08:26   Link #1504
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Well yes, for Slaine it's not really important who Inaho is, as much as Asseylum is not really important to Rayet, as persons. But he/they do are symbolically important:
they both represent the cause of the deaths of who they care the most
  • Inaho is, in Slaine's mind, responsible of the Princess' death.
  • Seylum was, in Rayet's mind, responsible of her father's death.
Slaine blamed himself, at least that's how I interpreted his reaction to Saazbaum and his cry. He was dealing with the "anger" stage of grief.

Quote:
the analogy is pretty close-fitting. And also in both cases is a major aspect that drove them to lash out, since they both (Inaho and Seylum) took that role Slaine and Rayet wished for themselves.
Except by the fact Slaine thinks Inaho isn't a protector but an opportunistic Terran who exploits her? Do you have any factual proof Slaine sees Inaho as this? When he appears in Slaine's narrative (of simultaneous events in episode 8, he coincidently says the lines about being used by Terrans ).

He isn't lashing out to Inaho, he's simply killing an enemy who is about to kill him in middle of a war. It's not like Rayet who was calmly showering and she snapped while having an inner monologue about this. It sounds you're trying to project and make their circumstances exactly alike when they aren't supposed to be in those kind of details.

Quote:
But what they both couldn't stand, and that's why they ultimately snapped imo, is that they thought this role was not deserved by those ones, since they were responsible of their dears deaths. And in Slaine's case he was also his personal enemy.
I still think he just shot him because Inaho drew a gun on him, because of the foreshadowing earlier in the episode (which had to do with Slaine's siding who in this war, he completes his transformation as a soldier of Vers). Of course, he dislikes Orange, so instead of shooting somewhere not vital, he had no mercy, but this dislike of him it's made evident earlier when he protects Saazbaum and just leaps on "Orange" by instinct. It's not really... prompted by Asseylum when he'll do the same for Saazbaum.

Quote:
So, in this regard what happened in ep. 7 matters (Inaho as someone wicked who will exploit and use her) since it was the moment/misunderstanding that led to Seyum's death in Slaine's mind, going back to my first analogy (Inaho and Seylum as causes of death, so being symbolically the same figure).
It all adds up perfectly in my opinion.
Episode 7 matters because what comes around gets around and the misunderstanding continues because the writers are hacks. That's why they remain Orange or Bat, despite their names being spoken loudly but the characters turned deaf to them. I wouldn't be surprised if Inaho believes the one who shot Asseylum was Slaine.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-09-29, 09:02   Link #1505
HtwoN

Quote:
Slaine blamed himself, at least that's how I interpreted his reaction to Saazbaum and his cry. He was dealing with the "anger" stage of grief.
IF he blamed himself, why did't he commit suicide instead of pointing a gun at Inaho. And if he blamed himself, he had no right to say nonsensical things like "Don't tough the Princess". Inaho was the one protecting her, while Slaine was the one who caused her "death".

Quote:

He isn't lashing out to Inaho, he's simply killing an enemy who is about to kill him in middle of a war. It's not like Rayet who was calmly showering and she snapped while having an inner monologue about this. It sounds you're trying to project and make their circumstances exactly alike when they aren't supposed to be in those kind of details.
Inaho was half-death. He was just crawling to Seylum. Slaine has enough time to look at him and decide to point the gun toward him. Was Inaho a thread to Slaine? No. Inaho just respond back when a gun is on his head already. If Inaho ignored Slaine and continued to crawl to Seylum, Slaine would shoot him regardless.
Old 2014-09-29, 09:12   Link #1506
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
IF he blamed himself, why did't he commit suicide instead of pointing a gun at Inaho. And if he blamed himself, he had no right to say nonsensical things like "Don't tough the Princess". Inaho was the one protecting her, while Slaine was the one who caused her "death".

Inaho was half-death. He was just crawling to Seylum. Slaine has enough time to look at him and decide to point the gun toward him. Was Inaho a thread to Slaine? No. Inaho just respond back when a gun is on his head already. If Inaho ignored Slaine and continued to crawl to Seylum, Slaine would shoot him regardless.
I think even if Inaho comply to Slaine's threat, Slaine will still shoot him because he was blinded by jealous and anger at that time.
Old 2014-09-29, 09:12   Link #1507
Thess

Quote:
Slaine's not suicidal. Even if she's dead, he has no reason to kill himself for it.

As I said, Inaho is his enemy, so he'll have pulled a gun of him because of Saazbaum as well. Wasn't this sufficiently clear when he saves Saazbaum? Or with the speech the Martian soldier gave him?

Quote:
Inaho was half-death. He was just crawling to Seylum. Slaine has enough time to look at him and decide to point the gun toward him. Was Inaho a thread to Slaine? No. Inaho just respond back when a gun is on his head already.
He was only an injured enemy soldier who was still dangerous and potentially armed. He wasn't "half dying" and a soldier with a gun, even if he can't walk is still very dangerous.

Quote:
If Inaho ignored Slaine and continued to crawl to Seylum, Slaine would shoot him regardless.
Well then, then he should have stop crawling and follow his instructions as a good and obedient prisoner of war. That was his position, Inaho was in no condition or positions to make demands. Maybe if he was ignored, Slaine would have simply shot his arm and legs so he would stop moving, but he had to pulled a gun on him and thus he sealed his fate.

Old 2014-09-29, 09:13   Link #1508
Arya

Quote:
He acted similar to how he did with Trillram, so I tend to see that scene as a way to let us see him before, so we could get his afterward.

Quote:
Except by the fact Slaine thinks Inaho isn't a protector but an opportunistic Terran who exploits her? Do you have any factual proof Slaine sees Inaho as this? When he appears in Slaine's narrative (of simultaneous events in episode 8, he coincidently says the lines about being used by Terrans ).
He did until the very last moment. That's why the before and afterward matters. In that last moment everything happened rapidly, but I don't think he could have missed Seylum speech. And that's the moment in which he got that info, he just needed time to process it, but in the meanwhile Saazbaum happened.
As I said in that previous spoiler tag, talking about their reversed portrayal, Rayet had Selyum under her nose all the time, and that was also a big factor that led her crazy, so to speak. As much as Slaine was kept away from the source of his drive. And that was also a big factor for him to draw the wrong conclusions. Or increase his anxiety.
Then she appeared out of nowhere, holding the hand of another man, the man who is his enemy, speaking in that way, and at the same time, boom, she died. Too much too fast.

And also, usually parallelisms are used to let the viewers complete the missing points. Or help them to comprehend some aspects flashing out something apparently not related. It somehow in the inner nature of this kind of technique to left something unsaid, at least for a while. But in this case all other pieces are already in place, so I do think it is something that it was intended to be implied.

Quote:
Sorry, but as I said, Rayet and Slaine have been portrayed in reverse, right? So Rayet snapped lashing out, instead Slaine became cold blooded. I used lashing out for both for brevity.
And as I said in the first paragraph, he first acted in panic for a reason, to make his cold blooded status stands more.

Quote:
I still think he just shot him because Inaho drew a gun on him, because of the foreshadowing earlier in the episode (which had to do with Slaine's siding who in this war, he completes his transformation as a soldier of Vers). Of course, he dislikes Orange, so instead of shooting somewhere not vital, he had no mercy, but this dislike of him it's made evident earlier when he protects Saazbaum and just leaps on "Orange" by instinct. It's not really... prompted by Asseylum when he'll do the same for Saazbaum.
He actually shot him because Inaho drew a gun on him, but that was just the tip of the iceberg. It was the factual reason, but it's not the real reason, Slaine is not that kind of guy, he snapped (in the reversed sense I talked about) and he wouldnt' have just for Inaho, that, as you said, is some stranger for him.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2014-09-29, 09:22   Link #1509
HtwoN

Quote:
Slaine's not suicidal. Even if she's dead, he has no reason to kill himself for it.

As I said, Inaho is his enemy, so he'll have pulled a gun of him because of Saazbaum as well. Wasn't this sufficiently clear when he saves Saazbaum? Or with the speech the Martian soldier gave him?

He was only an injured enemy soldier who was still dangerous and potentially armed. He wasn't "half dying" and a soldier with a gun, even if he can't walk is still very dangerous.
Yes, that "enemy soldier" was just comforted by his own Princess. They were really close. Slaine saw that himself. And that "enemy soldier" just crawled toward Seylum, ignoring everything else, showing how much he cared for her.

If you are saying these details didn't give Slaine the idea of what was going on, I will say he is stupid.

Stupidity or jealousy? Pick one.

Quote:
Well then, then he should have stop crawling and follow his instructions as a good and obedient prisoner of war. That was his position, Inaho was in no condition or positions to make demands. Maybe if he was ignored, Slaine would have simply shot his arm and legs so he would stop moving, but he had to pulled a gun on him and thus he sealed his fate.
The nonsensical part is that Slaine had no right to stop Inaho. Slaine was the one who caused this mess, not Inaho.

Slaine was aiming for the head, not the leg.

And it's like you are shooting on your own foot. If this is the case, then Slaine has no right to make a demand in episode 7. He could just do as you say, following Inaho's demands, and this would never happen.

Last edited by HtwoN; 2014-09-29 at 09:34.
Old 2014-09-29, 09:27   Link #1510
Thess

Quote:
Yes, that "enemy soldier" was just comforted by his own Princess. They were really close. Slaine saw that himself. And that "enemy soldier" just crawled toward Seylum, ignoring everything else, showing how much he cared for her.

If you are saying these details didn't give Slaine the idea of what was going on, I will say he is stupid.

Stupidity or jealousy? Pick one.
Hack writing. In case you didn't notice, Slaine had no reaction to them and he was show descending away from them with a limited visibility (he realized the princess was injured in a serious way when she hit the ground). You have to remember that Asseylum turned off the light and it was dark and that the writers wanted Slaine to believe that Inaho is the evil Terran who exploited her and Inaho to believe Slaine took her life that's why Inaho is seemly in a bubble with the Saazbaum drama. The Princess is gullible and naive enough to help someone who wants her dead or has ulterior motives (as we know by her willingness to forgive Rayet), so he just saw her being nice, nothing particularly noteworthy.

Quote:
The nonsensical part is that Slaine ahs no right to stop Inaho. Slaine is the one who caused this mess, not Inaho.
From your perspective, to Slaine, Orange's nothing but an opportunist who was using the princess.

Quote:
He was aiming to his upper part because it was the one moving.

Quote:
And it's like you are shooting on your own foot. If this is the case, then Slaine has no right to make a demand in episode 7. He could just do as you say, following Inaho's demands, and this would never happen.
Yes, and Inaho shot him down. So? I said he'll get a fallout eventually for that action (the sweet flavor of vindication). Now Slaine is the guy with the gun and the power and Inaho didn't comply when all he had to do is stop.

Old 2014-09-29, 09:34   Link #1511
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
The nonsensical part is that Slaine ahs no right to stop Inaho. Slaine is the one who caused this mess, not Inaho.

And it's like you are shooting on your own foot. If this is the case, then Slaine has no right to make a demand in episode 7. He could just do as you say, following Inaho's demands, and this would never happen
Actually the correct response for this entire mess is run to your princess and see whether she was alive, and apply aid on her if necessary, but Slaine just being Slaine, he acts with jealous, grief and rage. Not common sense or logical thinking. Inaho? A dying enemy soldier? He can wait.

That is why Slaine is not suitable to be a knight. Terminator fits him better.
Old 2014-09-29, 09:38   Link #1512
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Actually the correct response for this entire mess is run to your princess and see whether she was alive, and apply aid on her if necessary, but Slaine just being Slaine, he acts with jealous, grief and rage. Not common sense or logical thinking. Inaho? A dying enemy soldier? He can wait.
Yes, because running and exposing your back to the enemy who last time shot you down would help her, right? You first take care of dangerous elements and then you proceed to help. A dead and injured person isn't helpful, they are load.

He thought she was dead anyway.

Old 2014-09-29, 09:41   Link #1513
HtwoN

Quote:
Hack writing. In case you didn't notice, Slaine had no reaction to them and he was show descending away from them with a limited visibility (he realized the princess was injured in a serious way when she hit the ground). You have to remember that Asseylum turned off the light and it was dark and that the writers wanted Slaine to believe that Inaho is the evil Terran who exploited her and Inaho to believe Slaine took her life. The Princess is gullible and naive enough to help someone who wants her dead or has ulterior motives (as we know by her willingness to forgive Rayet).
Now you say it's the writer's faults for all of this...

Following your arguments, Inaho has no fault in episode 7 too, because of the same hack writing, no?

I don't see any limited visibility here. Saazbaum could aim at Seylum really well.

Ok, but that combine with Inaho's crawling? Even a fool can see what was going on there.

Quote:
Yes, because running and exposing your back to the enemy who last time shot you down would help her, right? You first take care of dangerous elements and then you proceed to help. A dead and injured person isn't helpful, they are load.

Yep, that show how much "love" Slaine has for Seylum.

He could skip the looking and threatening parts, shoot Inaho immediately, then run to check out Seylum. I will not blame him if he did that.
Old 2014-09-29, 09:50   Link #1514
Thess

Quote:
Now you say it's the writer's faults for all of this...
I've said the misunderstanding is a forced sham for a long time.

Quote:
Following your arguments, Inaho has no fault in episode 7 too, because of the same hack writing, no?
It was hack writing, one the plot forced Inaho to start, Slaine made it worse and in the end, Slaine paid for it. This is just the inevitable continuation of the terribly written and shoehorned misunderstanding where Inaho gets to suffer the brunt of it this time around. Think about it, there was no way Asseylum would miss a skycarrier helping them in episode 6 and 7, but guess what? She did! Because the plot needed her to become blind so they can force this misunderstanding. She had no idea about the skycarrier in episode 8.

Don't be too shocked if Slaine has no idea Inaho was her friend or Inaho believes Bat killed the Princess next season, because that's probably what they are going to do to stretch this ridiculous misunderstanding.

Quote:
I don't see any limited visibility here. Saazbaum could aim at Seylum really good.
Asseylum has a shiny blonde hair and she was talking. While her speech had different degrees of clarity. Slaine didn't have any reaction to her words, just like Inaho had no reactions to Slaine despite the screaming moments before and only recognized his voice when he approached him directly. Hack writing at its finest to force a dramatic cliffhanger.

Quote:
Likewise, everyone notices the skycarrier but Asseylum in episodes 6 and 7.
It's all for cheap drama's sake.

Quote:
Ok, but that combine with Inaho's crawling? Even a fool can see what was going on there.
Slaine's not sitting on his chair watching a show and making witty remarks like some people. His raison d'etre was just shot down a moment ago. He sees opportunistic Orange approach the corpse, probably to harvest it for the sake of Aldnoah. What is he going to believe when he perceives Inaho as purely someone who wants to use her? Just like Inaho, despite what happened earlier, probably believes Slaine was the one who killed her and never caught Saazbaum called him Slaine.

Old 2014-09-29, 09:59   Link #1515
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Point. No point discussing the motives behind their actions in that scene. Inaho was in distraught and possibly failed to notice whatever happens out side. Slaine is a complete mess after Saaz killed Asseylum. The reasons they went against each other could be absolutely anything, or even a mix of everything.

To put it shortly, everything is just chaos.
Old 2014-09-29, 10:01   Link #1516
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Question: Why is a lot of people saying that Inaho started the misunderstandin in ep 7? Cause Inaho asking about why Slaine is searching for the Princess was a legitimate question, but Slaine refusing to answer was what started the whole mess.
Old 2014-09-29, 10:04   Link #1517
Fjoergyn

Slaine asked Inaho "if he intends to exploit her for his own ends
This is where Inaho asked if he has a problem with that

That scene broke every opportunity to clarify things, this story is pure misunderstanding.
Old 2014-09-29, 10:07   Link #1518
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Question: Why is a lot of people saying that Inaho started the misunderstandin in ep 7? Cause Inaho asking about why Slaine is searching for the Princess was a legitimate question, but Slaine refusing to answer was what started the whole mess.
Because he misunderstood Slaine's intentions, relieved happy tone, and firing down the Countess to protect the ship after he discovered the princess was alive. In other words, the plot made him stupid for no reason. He completely misunderstood Slaine and he was the one who began the questioning. Slaine was confused by it and taken aback because it was kind of out of blue, then the plot forced him to a corner and to act stupid. Another stupidity the plot forced Inaho to do was to not ensure the assassin he shot down died or have him captured when he just witnessed their new tactical advantage. Why? Because the plot demands it.

The most ridiculous though was that everyone in the ship but Asseylum noticed the Martian helping them, because had she, she would have likely opened a communication channel and none of this would have happened. They misunderstood each other:

- Slaine thinks Inaho isn't someone who is protecting the princess, but an opportunistic slime who wants to exploit her for his use.

- Inaho thinks Slaine isn't someone who wants to protect the princess, but an assassin and traitor who was part of the conspiracy to murder her.

I don't think their view of each others changed in the last episode, because, just like they omitted Asseylum missing the clear skycarrier, they omitted Slaine or Inaho reacting to "Oh the Princess thinks he's a friend" or "Isn't that Bat's voice? Did he just say Slaine?" It's frustratingly stupid.

Old 2014-09-29, 10:07   Link #1519
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
Slaine asked Inaho "if he intends to exploit her for his own ends
This is where Inaho asked if he has a problem with that

That scene broke every opportunity to clarify things, this story is pure misunderstanding.
But why didn't Slaine answer Inaho's question of "Why are you looking for her?". Or at least just give a vague question like "What if I'm her friend?" or something.

Hell, Slaine being an emotional guy, I expected him to blow up at Inaho for even suggesting that he's trying to kill the Princess.
Old 2014-09-29, 10:13   Link #1520
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:

So much for someone who "admired" the princess.

That is Slaine for ya. He doesn't even know what he want. I think he is psychopath.
Closed Thread