AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-20, 15:50   Link #1501
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki
Strawberry Panic manga...now...if they animate the series according to the manga, i prefer that.

What about you guys? if strawberry panic is to be er...say...animate at beginning, would you guys use the manga's plot to animate it or use stick it to like this?
I checked out Chapters 1-6 at work today since i had nothing else today. Wow what a diffrence. iF the anime had followed the manga more i think i would have liked more. I even didnt mind Amane but Yaya creeped me out a little
Old 2006-09-20, 19:19   Link #1502
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
Kuro and CYZ have either you read the manga or have any intention to do so?
Mmm, good question. I gave up reading on it because I kept watching all the newly downloaded animes (that includes Strawberry Panic of course). I guess if I have the time again, I'll read it....hopefully. Why do you ask?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 13:59   Link #1503
ati

I read both of them (Manga and Novel) however it share same story.
The plot is so different from the anime but still focus on Shizma/Nagisa and Amane/Hikari couple but Amane/Hikari on Manga version it's really better than the anime is. And also I like Tamao in manga version more than the anime, she is more funny and seem get along with Shizuma sometime

Don't talk about Chikaru, she is so cool where she is , she seem to have big plan for Lulim after all (she was call shadow queen on Manga version)

And after finished novel vol.2, I think in Manga they still be Shizuma/Nagisa couple like in the anime coz it seems Nagisa love Shizuma, she thought about her feeling in the end of the novel vol.2 However the situation between them still not good coz she withdraw from the Etoile contest right now, in the other way Amane/Hikari broke the rule so they was take off the contest.
ati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 19:03   Link #1504
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
Mmm, good question. I gave up reading on it because I kept watching all the newly downloaded animes (that includes Strawberry Panic of course). I guess if I have the time again, I'll read it....hopefully. Why do you ask?

I have been asking the frequent posters in here. I just wanted to see if you had any feed back on it as compared to the anime. I noticed some real diffrence in the manga that could have helped out the anime.

Posted by Ati read both of them (Manga and Novel) however it share same story.
The plot is so different from the anime but still focus on Shizma/Nagisa and Amane/Hikari couple but Amane/Hikari on Manga version it's really better than the anime is. And also I like Tamao in manga version more than the anime, she is more funny and seem get along with Shizuma sometime

Don't talk about Chikaru, she is so cool where she is , she seem to have big plan for Lulim after all (she was call shadow queen on Manga version)

And after finished novel vol.2, I think in Manga they still be Shizuma/Nagisa couple like in the anime coz it seems Nagisa love Shizuma, she thought about her feeling in the end of the novel vol.2 However the situation between them still not good coz she withdraw from the Etoile contest right now, in the other way Amane/Hikari broke the rule so they was take off the contest

Your so right the manga plot is so much better and the charcters more intresting. Especially Yaya and Chikaru "Shadow Queen" the anime stays true to the couplings but Amane's personality is nothing like manga's in the anime. I cant wait for more i finshed chapter 10 today
Old 2006-09-21, 23:27   Link #1505
Kuro

Kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 23:49   Link #1506
potholes
~ hanabi

i've been browsing thru the forum looking somewhere else other than BGI & NANA and I bumped into this thread. Wow to have 77 pages worth of threads? Is strawberry panic any good? Do you guys recommend it?

Ookiku nattara, nani ni naritai n' ?
potholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 06:53   Link #1507
Rin-Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuro
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! PRICLESS!!!! but you forgot to add Chyio to the Nagisa group!
Rin-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 08:39   Link #1508
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Just Spica and Miator? What happen to Chikaru and her gang? I was re-watching the past episodes. Before Shizuma is making her move and Nagisa is playing hard-to-get. Now, it was Shizuma who's playing hard-to-get. That's just my random thought
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~

Last edited by Cyz; 2006-09-22 at 09:53.
Old 2006-09-22, 12:29   Link #1509
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by potholes
i've been browsing thru the forum looking somewhere else other than BGI & NANA and I bumped into this thread. Wow to have 77 pages worth of threads? Is strawberry panic any good? Do you guys recommend it?
Hey Potholes SP is what you make it, just like Bokura Ga Ita, this series has sparked quite the little war from time to time beware of the flames enjoy. my recommendation is to watch it. its by no means ground braking but its fun
Old 2006-09-22, 12:30   Link #1510
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Kuro priceless just priceless i LMAO for about 20 min
Old 2006-09-22, 14:03   Link #1511
Cyz
"Show it to me"

watched ep. 25. that amane x hikari thing ate all the time of this episode and as a result, we didn't get to see nagisa and co. that much. oh well, last episode is coming next. after that...i don't know what to do they better have at least a satisfactory ending for this
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-09-22, 14:04   Link #1512
htsuji

The picture posted by Kuro seems to be taken from: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/36404158/
The artist's page: http://bootleg.deviantart.com/

(The site sometimes strangely inserts an ad page or redirects the page request to the common top page (not the artist's page) when you click a link, though. I don't know why. When you see an ad, just reloading the page would work. But when the request is redirected to the common top page, you maybe need to click the back button of the browser, then click the link again.)

Last edited by htsuji; 2006-09-22 at 14:31.
htsuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 14:39   Link #1513
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Thumbs up Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Oh this is TOOOOOO F***ING HILARIOUS!!!

Only one more ep. to go. I'll say one thing the "group" is getting it out fast.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."

Last edited by chrno; 2006-09-22 at 14:53.
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 19:54   Link #1514
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

The end of things

Spoiler for My thoughts on Ep 25:
Old 2006-09-23, 01:45   Link #1515
Kuro

Quote:

1. Really? I thought it was pretty cheesy how that one ray of light shone on Hikari. Much like their relationship, that scene (and this episode) meant very little to me, if anything at all.

2. There was no way for me to feel for them, either. They were both underdeveloped, and a sudden angle for Kenjou to admire Amane out of the blue did nothing for me as it was TOTALLY out of the blue.

I don't even care about Miyuki's involvement anymore. She seems to be hatching something in her sleeve, yet the writers hadn't even revealed the slightest implication as to what it is. That's not suspense. That's just them pulling something out of their asses to seemingly buy time. Whatever does happen, I doubt it'll be a truly satisfying ending, so much it is a forced one.
Kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 03:04   Link #1516
Zelda1

I have always enjoyed the Hikari/Amane arc more than the Shiz/Nag one. So I really enjoyed ep 25.
Zelda1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 05:13   Link #1517
htsuji

Quote:
Miyuki has pushed Shizuma into the current situation. Shizuma was forced to decide what to do. Miyuki said "Now, we have done all we should do (as the leaders of Miator). Don't you think so?" However, it's quite obvious that she was indirectly saying "But are you really ok? If not, then, what do you think you should do next?" That was not a question but an encouragement.

Last edited by htsuji; 2006-09-23 at 05:36.
htsuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 08:23   Link #1518
Sunsh
a.k.a Arsen

Quote:
Quote:
1. Really? I thought it was pretty cheesy how that one ray of light shone on Hikari. Much like their relationship, that scene (and this episode) meant very little to me, if anything at all.

2. There was no way for me to feel for them, either. They were both underdeveloped, and a sudden angle for Kenjou to admire Amane out of the blue did nothing for me as it was TOTALLY out of the blue.

I don't even care about Miyuki's involvement anymore. She seems to be hatching something in her sleeve, yet the writers hadn't even revealed the slightest implication as to what it is. That's not suspense. That's just them pulling something out of their asses to seemingly buy time. Whatever does happen, I doubt it'll be a truly satisfying ending, so much it is a forced one.
1. Cheesy? Well... THAT'S their selling point! In contrary to exploding relationships in Miator, here we have a normal, cute couple, with some spicy conflicts.
And we like them because they are cheesy and shy thus they're lovely~ <3

2. Out of blue? I think it's Unexpected. They've foreshadowed it in ep. 7, where Momomi commented on Kaname's attention to Amane. In that time, Kaname said that as her biggest rival, she must observe Amane's weakness.
SO they've hinted that Kaname could have an obsession with Amane.

And thanks for pointing out those scenes, Sinestra. Spicas are entertaining, aren't they?

Now it's only three hours for ep. 26 to be aired...
Sunsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 09:59   Link #1519
NLTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh
Now it's only three hours for ep. 26 to be aired...
I thought StoPani aired on a Monday *is a little confused*

I ended up downloading the entire series two days just because I was bored and wanted to watch some type of anime (I do things like this a lot ) and I've got to say, I've really enjoyed it so far. Apart from the fact it seems (at least to me) that there won't be a nice Shiz/Nag ending like I was hoping for (watching the whole series in one go kind of gets you really involved in the characters, you know?). And it'd better not be Nagisa and Tamao, that might just make me want to hurt people.

Damn, I'm getting kind of caught up in the whole thing now, more than is probably healthy :P

*goes off to re-watch and get food&
NLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 11:33   Link #1520
Cyz
"Show it to me"

-> Well, that's true. Kaname suddenly admiring Amane is out of the blue. Kaname acts so "manly" to Momomi and Hikari before and now she suddenly feeling a little...how would you say it...girly to Amane. Then again, I'm happy that Kaname and Momomi's relationship was fixed. I guess they're not so evil after all. That light thing on Hikari, IMO, I think that was just a symbol on what Amane said about Hikari being an angel and nothing more. You could say it's half-cheesy and half-romantic in a way.

-> Btw when Nagisa and Shizuma dances, Miyuki said that that's the first beautiful dance she saw on her time in Astraea. What, she didn't see Shizuma and Kaori dance? Or maybe Shizuma and Nagisa's dance is much more beautiful than the one Shizuma and Kaori had.

-> I thought the announcement speech will be a little interesting but I guess not. From the looks of it, Miator students expected that Nagisa and Tamao-chan will be chosen to participate on the Etoile election

I can't believe two of my favorite animes I'm currently watching are about to end...well, make that three (Utawarerumono, Strawberry Panic, and Zero No Tsukaima). Da Capo is done but I'm still downloading them and it's taking forever
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~

Last edited by Cyz; 2006-09-23 at 11:58.

Tags
drama, romance, seinen, yuri