AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-28, 17:03   Link #1501
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
First Gio was hurt pretty bad better to run and live to fight another time. At that point they accomplished their objective which was to save Toa. There is no point staying behind enemy lines any longer than needed.
Well, yes, but for all they knew Garnet was a dragon, ergo she was supposed to be able to pursue them by flying.

Quote:
She ample time while Machina was holding Akira to try to heal her but they all just stood there. Garnett was not even attacking she basically retreated and watched.
We know Toa is not the sharpest tool in the box, maybe she forgot about her healing ability. Seriously, resurrecting Akira would be rather silly but not as silly as the way she was killed off. I am usually totally against all kinds of resurrections but in this case I am on the fence. It will cheapen Akira's sacrifice but I don't see Toa as worthy of such a sacrifice, so...

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 17:37   Link #1502
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

You know what amuses me? In some regards, Akira set herself up for what happened. Toa, Gio, and Jin wanted to get out quickly but Akira insisted on the wedding ceremony which lead to what occurred. The first time Jin and Toa do something smart, Akira does something stupid and pays for it badly. =/

Damn you Gonzo/karma/whatever, I want my lovely redhead back >=(
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 18:24   Link #1503
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Could those marks mean Machina is dieing? She reminds me of Mai Otome ~ Nina BTW. Not a bad thing as far as I'm concern ...if it goes MO it's pretty much a 666-Scenario. And oh noes their boobs are gonna grow larger!
Old 2008-01-28, 18:47   Link #1504
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouta View Post
You know what amuses me? In some regards, Akira set herself up for what happened. Toa, Gio, and Jin wanted to get out quickly but Akira insisted on the wedding ceremony which lead to what occurred. The first time Jin and Toa do something smart, Akira does something stupid and pays for it badly. =/

YEP YEP YEP! It was the time for Akira to make a stupid move. So out of character for Gio,Toa and Jin to be the smart ones. I want my flat chested redhead back, I don't care she has not much, I will make them grow!
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 19:46   Link #1505
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah really of all the characters to do this too they pick one of the most likable. I'd kill half that cast over Akira. Really I do understand concerns about bringing her back after this. But really if its for Akira I'm fine for whatever stupid resurrection scheme they have. You pull something stupid by killing her no reason to follow logic by not bringing her back now.

Just seems out there that they introduce some healing ability for Toa and then her quick reflexes again display themselves in just standing around.

Stupid Gonzo and their killing off one of the few characters I like.
Old 2008-01-28, 20:18   Link #1506
Machina

Quote:

Petition for reset button signed. I wouldn't mind if she came back, really. Dragonaut makes no sense already, anyways.

I just hope the series doesn't follow the path of tragedy.
Machina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 21:37   Link #1507
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:

what is 'amuse' means? anyway my thought about Garnet mclaine's character -

What A MILF!
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 01:43   Link #1508
hello_ct

Don't think Garnet's a mother though... and she's a wee bit too evil for my liking (killing Akira was the final straw).

And Akira wasn't to know really - they'd already spent quite a while resting and talking, and I think it was just supposed to be a small ceremony in light of what she'd just found out about Toa's shortened lifespan. They don't know how long she's got left so she probably thought better now than (possibly) never.
hello_ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 02:22   Link #1509
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_ct View Post
I think it was just supposed to be a small ceremony in light of what she'd just found out about Toa's shortened lifespan. They don't know how long she's got left so she probably thought better now than (possibly) never.
Perhaps, but the wedding just weirds me out. Neither Toa or Jin have ever said "I love you" let alone proposed, and all of a sudden they're getting married. Say what?

Of course in this show, something so bizarrely ridiculous is par for the course.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 03:45   Link #1510
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Wont those rings melt ? :eyetwitch:

*killing a kitter so softly .. *
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 03:49   Link #1511
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Probably not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Neither Toa or Jin have ever said "I love you" let alone proposed, and all of a sudden they're getting married. Say what?
The author perhaps imagined it too much in his head. Or maybe all that mumbling between them on the moon etc was suppose to count.
Old 2008-01-29, 04:27   Link #1512
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Well, they may be "married" now, but since they didn't kiss in the ceremony they still have their first kiss to look forward to. Considering the ack-bassward way that they got married before proposing, I suspect that the first kiss will have to come after they consumate their relationship. Perhaps not even until after they have children. Maybe some day they'll actually confess their love, but nobody should really expect it to happen before the last episode even if sex comes first.

Darn, that wedding really bothers me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
That bothered me also. Finally I just decided that the water was sealed inside some weird force field or else it would be too darn uncomforable to have ice wrapped around your finger for several minutes. It was just the animators way of making wedding rings on the spur of the moment and they didn't expect anyone to bother thinking more about it than they did.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 05:44   Link #1513
ChibiMenos
Gillian-class Chibi

Finally got around to watching episode 16... it could have been really good, but the way things happened seemed really forced... *sigh* interesting that Garnet's a dragon, but has green eyes...contact lenses, perhaps? Or maybe she's not from Thanatos at all. hmm...

also, a little bit of crappy fanart from me. I know my cartoony style isn't great, please be gentle.

Spoiler for picture:
ChibiMenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 06:04   Link #1514
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post

*killing a kitter so softly .. *
Forget the melting, how about severe frost burns (for Jin at least)
Old 2008-01-29, 06:11   Link #1515
golthin

I have to say something, I don't get tired of watching the Akira dying scene. I have to give it to gonzo, they really animated akira in a gorgeous way, they didn't cheap the scene, that is the best Akira has ever looked and that scene was Movie quality!
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 06:58   Link #1516
Silverwyrm

if machina doesnt kick there ***es I'll be upset
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 07:08   Link #1517
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Forget the melting, how about severe frost burns (for Jin at least)
Dont kill the kittens

yea yea.. I know I should listen to my own advice first
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 08:08   Link #1518
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Well, they may be "married" now, but since they didn't kiss in the ceremony they still have their first kiss to look forward to. Considering the ack-bassward way that they got married before proposing, I suspect that the first kiss will have to come after they consumate their relationship. Perhaps not even until after they have children. Maybe some day they'll actually confess their love, but nobody should really expect it to happen before the last episode even if sex comes first.

Darn, that wedding really bothers me.

That bothered me also. Finally I just decided that the water was sealed inside some weird force field or else it would be too darn uncomforable to have ice wrapped around your finger for several minutes. It was just the animators way of making wedding rings on the spur of the moment and they didn't expect anyone to bother thinking more about it than they did.
Hell consumate the marriage if i were Jin id be freakin afraid of that. God what if shes goes dragon mode on him in the middle man what a way to go.

Bring back my Akira Gonzo you bastards yes im being childish and i dont care bring her back the petition has been signed by enough people here and on other forums

Kira_Naruto killing kittens is bad i dont do anymore i felt bad afterwards
Old 2008-01-29, 10:05   Link #1519
Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiMenos View Post
Finally got around to watching episode 16... it could have been really good, but the way things happened seemed really forced... *sigh* interesting that Garnet's a dragon, but has green eyes...contact lenses, perhaps? Or maybe she's not from Thanatos at all. hmm...

also, a little bit of crappy fanart from me. I know my cartoony style isn't great, please be gentle.

Spoiler for picture:
SO CUTE!~ I like it =3
Machina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 11:19   Link #1520
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
My apologies to all the doomed kittens. Poor little guys didn't deserve such a fate.

I don't see anything wrong with wanting Akira back. Call it childish, but when a good character and one of the most likable gets offed because the writers were drinking. Only reason to explain those rings (not that I mean anythign that could injure a kitten ).

Grab the petition and let's charge them. Been a while since I could be part of a mob with torches and pitchforks .

Tags
action, ecchi, romance, sci-fi