AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2014-08-05, 02:29   Link #1541
scyllus
Tormund's Member

Okay this should clear up the confusion it's from the official site of the adaptation.
scyllus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 02:52   Link #1542
Tenchi Hou Take

So Fate route is released the same day as UBW? That would explain it.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 10:32   Link #1543
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

So what they referred as "Fate/Stay Night" in the last line is the game itself while the 2 routes are released in final form in different formats? Talk about confusion. Not as bad as the people I've encountered who had misunderstanding about HF based on those lines though.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
BloodyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 10:44   Link #1544
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

No, it is simply referring to the game. By no means they advertised the movie towards the anime. You completely mixed up the intent of the original japanese line.
Old 2014-08-05, 10:59   Link #1545
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
No, it is simply referring to the game. By no means they advertised the movie towards the anime. You completely mixed up the intent of the original japanese line.
Well that's what I thought too, but I wasn't sure since I don't understand Japanese. Thanks for clering it up.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 11:06   Link #1546
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It basically means: This is the story that shapes the last form of the work based on what's been told after the two scenario [Fate] and [Unlimited Blade Works] from Fate Stay Night.

They pretty shoehorned the "ultimate / very last" aspect of the work intended to be adapted, which makes sense for HF, although it is just a mess to read.
Old 2014-08-05, 11:08   Link #1547
Death Usagi
Banned

So how is that Andorid/iOS Fate going to work out anyway?
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 11:09   Link #1548
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

They will simply adapt the original VN to IOS, what else is there to understand?
Old 2014-08-05, 11:10   Link #1549
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanfoo View Post
Directors goal to be a sequel to F/Z? Pretty sure the interview with Nasu said the opposite, and that they want F/SN to be it's own thing.
One does not contradict the other. While FSN won't force itself to be like FZ, it will likely still take into consideration that a lot of people have watched FZ only and relate some things to FZ, like flashbacks and such.
Nasu himself was most likely worried that UBW Anime would have the style and feel of FZ rather than FSN and may make more radical changes (a legit fear as UBW has a radically different feel than FZ). The staff in return assured him that they understand the difference between FSN and FZ and thus won't take it too far.
It does NOT mean that it will be copy-paste of the VN's story nor does it mean that some original content, relating to FZ, would not be added. IIRC, even Nasu added into later versions of Realta Nua some new staff to correlate it with FZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYouSaber View Post
...so the anime is going to a mix of two routes? That's really a game changer if true, and it almost makes the previous numerous route battles/discussions in this thread look silly...
Misunderstanding or not, the elements of Fate route will definitely be added in, it is naive to even think otherwise. Saber at least will get more screentime (which was not necessary in the VN due to everyone having read Fate beforehand).
How Kirei kept Gilgamesh from disappearing will no doubt also be mentioned in the Anime.
And Illya too. The scenes from Fate, where Shirou meets her while shopping for groceries, may also be included if only to make her get to appear in a few more episodes.
In general, there are many things from Fate that can easily be added into UBW storyline without any serious consequences or changing the plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
You buy the game, it gets downloaded onto your Smartphone/iPhone and you play it in a smaller resolution
Old 2014-08-05, 11:45   Link #1550
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
The Realta Nua versions of FSN were released as three separate routes, so I would assume they're just porting the Fate route to iOS. I'd expect the other two routes to be ported reasonably quickly, though, since the underlying engine is (presumably) the same, and the data files shouldn't depend on the OS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Misunderstanding or not, the elements of Fate route will definitely be added in, it is naive to even think otherwise. Saber at least will get more screentime (which was not necessary in the VN due to everyone having read Fate beforehand).
How Kirei kept Gilgamesh from disappearing will no doubt also be mentioned in the Anime.
And Illya too. The scenes from Fate, where Shirou meets her while shopping for groceries, may also be included if only to make her get to appear in a few more episodes.
In general, there are many things from Fate that can easily be added into UBW storyline without any serious consequences or changing the plot.
Yeah, this. Saber will almost certainly get some of her scenes from Fate pulled over, particularly the stuff about her past. That stuff isn't shown in the VN because it would just be repeating the same scenes again, but there's no reason it couldn't have happened.

Kotomine is probably the same. Whilst he can't play a massive role in the story itself, he can certainly be given more explanatory scenes which are not shown in the original VN because, again, they're shown in Fate.

Ilya is a more difficult case, though, because any interaction between her and Shirou affects the plot development. So, she might have to wait for HF to get proper involvement.

Also, Sakura is an interesting case. Obviously, HF focusses on her, so she's not going to be given a massive role in UBW but, at the same time, she is Rin's little sister, and UBW is meant to be Rin's route, so I'm not so sure that they'll ignore her entirely. Particularly given that the UBW ending comes across as rather unsatisfactory and incomplete once you are aware of Sakura's situation and relationship to Rin, which people who come into the story from Zero will be.
Old 2014-08-05, 11:52   Link #1551
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
One does not contradict the other. While FSN won't force itself to be like FZ, it will likely still take into consideration that a lot of people have watched FZ only and relate some things to FZ, like flashbacks and such.
Nasu himself was most likely worried that UBW Anime would have the style and feel of FZ rather than FSN and may make more radical changes (a legit fear as UBW has a radically different feel than FZ). The staff in return assured him that they understand the difference between FSN and FZ and thus won't take it too far.
It does NOT mean that it will be copy-paste of the VN's story nor does it mean that some original content, relating to FZ, would not be added. IIRC, even Nasu added into later versions of Realta Nua some new staff to correlate it with FZ.

You buy the game, it gets downloaded onto your Smartphone/iPhone and you play it in a smaller resolution
Gilgamesh explains how he remained after F/Z in UBW, he in fact explains it far better than what was said in Fate.

Honestly if their going to shoe in Fate stuff their going to have to do it at the beginning of the story or very near it, because Shirou actually loses his contract with Saber fairly early on (not HF early but still quite) and then she makes a contract with Rin so you can't really directly shoe in Fate development like some people here are expecting. At most I expect some flashbacks.
Old 2014-08-05, 11:52   Link #1552
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Quote:
From what I have heard it's going to be completely free actually. The latter routes will probably end up costing money if they ever get ported though.
Old 2014-08-05, 12:09   Link #1553
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Honestly if their going to shoe in Fate stuff their going to have to do it at the beginning of the story or very near it, because Shirou actually loses his contract with Saber fairly early on (not HF early but still quite) and then she makes a contract with Rin so you can't really directly shoe in Fate development like some people here are expecting. At most I expect some flashbacks.
Shirou loses his contract with Saber somewhere in the later half of the middle of the story, IIRC. And, even then, Saber is still around, and still cares about Shirou. I think they could fit the majority of her development from Fate in just fine, and I'd be very surprised if they don't attempt to do so.
Old 2014-08-05, 12:19   Link #1554
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Gilgamesh explains how he remained after F/Z in UBW, he in fact explains it far better than what was said in Fate.

It just means that Saber would not be telling about her past to Shirou. For example, while she is being "tamed" by Caster, we can get her to remember about some things from her past... and while she looks at Shioru fighting Archer, she can get some char. development. For UBW, Shirou and Saber building a bond ain't that necessary.
Yeah, this would make it original scenes inspired by Fate ones, but still.
Old 2014-08-05, 12:28   Link #1555
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Shirou loses his contract with Saber somewhere in the later half of the middle of the story, IIRC. And, even then, Saber is still around, and still cares about Shirou. I think they could fit the majority of her development from Fate in just fine, and I'd be very surprised if they don't attempt to do so.
As in he doesn't actually learn much about her history at all, he doesn't have the time to. He only even finds out about Avalon from Archer. The major point of fate development is Saber moving on from her past with Shirou's help, that past Shirou barely even knows.

Basically your going to have to tell this from Saber's point of view and she develops largely on her own.

Basically it would be nothing like Fate at best.

I mean shit even in the VN getting too close to Saber either means good end or Rin get's captured because your neglecting her and so you get a bad end. There's no point in reproducing fate.
Old 2014-08-05, 12:36   Link #1556
Cherry_Lover

He doesn't learn much about Saber's history in the VN because it's already covered in Fate. I don't think it would be difficult to alter that and still stick to the UBW story.
Old 2014-08-05, 12:48   Link #1557
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
He doesn't learn much about Saber's history in the VN because it's already covered in Fate. I don't think it would be difficult to alter that and still stick to the UBW story.
And that would be largely pointless. Saber could develop but you would have to do that in the beginning of the story. This story is not about Saber it makes no logical sense why he would be continuing to worry about Saber when his future self is attempting to kill him and he's questioning every single aspect of himself (she's not even his servant anymore), trying to turn this story in Fate dilutes it and serves no real purpose (Saber has her own route and her own route that's been developed into an anime).

Besides all that time you would be spending trying to turn UBW into Fate you could have spent you know focusing on the routes own heroine who herself didn't get have that much time spent on her because the main point of the story about Shirou and Archer.

There is no need to shoe in Fate stuff like that, it's not the point of this story (which is far more close knit than the other two routes) and it's needless pandering. Have Saber develop on her own by watching shirou's battle with himself expound with some flashbacks you know like how she actually develops in the VN.
Old 2014-08-05, 12:53   Link #1558
Raziel1991

Quote:
The Realta Nua versions of FSN were released as three separate routes, so I would assume they're just porting the Fate route to iOS. I'd expect the other two routes to be ported reasonably quickly, though, since the underlying engine is (presumably) the same, and the data files shouldn't depend on the OS.

Yeah, this. Saber will almost certainly get some of her scenes from Fate pulled over, particularly the stuff about her past. That stuff isn't shown in the VN because it would just be repeating the same scenes again, but there's no reason it couldn't have happened.

Kotomine is probably the same. Whilst he can't play a massive role in the story itself, he can certainly be given more explanatory scenes which are not shown in the original VN because, again, they're shown in Fate.

Ilya is a more difficult case, though, because any interaction between her and Shirou affects the plot development. So, she might have to wait for HF to get proper involvement.

Also, Sakura is an interesting case. Obviously, HF focusses on her, so she's not going to be given a massive role in UBW but, at the same time, she is Rin's little sister, and UBW is meant to be Rin's route, so I'm not so sure that they'll ignore her entirely. Particularly given that the UBW ending comes across as rather unsatisfactory and incomplete once you are aware of Sakura's situation and relationship to Rin, which people who come into the story from Zero will be.
You can add Saberīs backstory and her problems in this UBW adaption and if done correctly it would actually fit with the themes of the Unlimited Blade Works route. However if Ufotable does this they have to be careful for Saberīs story to not intrude in the main core of the story, in other words the conflict between Archer and Shirou. Adding stuff about Sakura however makes no sense, mainly because it does not fit with the themes of the Unlimited Blade Works route no matter how you spin it. And the fact she is Rins little sister or their relationship does not really matter since those who have read the UBW route should know that its Archers story, its certainly not Rins story despite her being the heroine of the route. In my opinion adding Sakura stuff here would just feel like putting an out of place filler.

Last edited by Raziel1991; 2014-08-05 at 13:33.
Raziel1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 12:58   Link #1559
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel1991 View Post
You can add Saberīs backstory and problems in this UBW adaption and if done correctly it would actually make fit with the themes of the Unlimited Blade Works route. However if Ufotable does this they have to be careful for Saberīs story to not intrude in the main core of the story, in other words the conflict between Archer and Shirou. Adding stuff about Sakura however makes no sense, mainly because it does not fit with the themes of the Unlimited Blade Works route no matter how you spin it. And the fact she is Rins little sister or their relationship does not really matter since those who have read the UBW route should know that its Archers story, its certainly not Rins story despite her being the heroine of the route.
You can add it and that's what I'm saying have her develop largely on her own, which is what happens in the VN and doesn't intrude on the core story they can expound on that as much as they want, but Shirou doesn't have to develop with Saber for that. The route goes out of it's way so that Shirou doesn't develop with Saber that way because A she's not the main heroine and B he loses his contract with her half way through the story.

This is not Fate I don't understand why people want it to suddenly become Fate. In terms of priorities Rin should be the one the they spend more time on, then Saber then offpanel fights.
Old 2014-08-05, 14:06   Link #1560
Raziel1991

Quote:
You can add it and that's what I'm saying have her develop largely on her own, which is what happens in the VN and doesn't intrude on the core story they can expound on that as much as they want, but Shirou doesn't have to develop with Saber for that. The route goes out of it's way so that Shirou doesn't develop with Saber that way because A she's not the main heroine and B he loses his contract with her half way through the story.

This is not Fate I don't understand why people want it to suddenly become Fate. In terms of priorities Rin should be the one the they spend more time on, then Saber then offpanel fights.
I agree if they decide to develop Saber she should do it on her own like in the Visual Novel, otherwise her development would almost certainly intrude the main story. They should spend most of the screen time to develop Archer, because after all UBW is his story and Shirous inner struggle to keep his ideal. And of course they should also spend a good amount of screentime with Rin not only because she is the heroine of the route but she is also very important for Shirous character development.
Raziel1991 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heaven's feel, ubw, ufotable