AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2007-04-01, 08:57   Link #1541
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I have no doubt that someone big will die. I have been waiting for the deaths of either Tessa or one of his Mithril buddies for a while now. If its not Kaname or Souske, I don't care if anyone else dies.

Kill off all of Mithril then. That would be fine by me. Have Tessa and all the others die.

Also, I am confused. Is the latest novel the end novel? I really hope so. I wanna finish this story.

Sorry if I sound harsh, but I am just tired of tragic endings. EVERYONE seems to do it now. I know the tragic endings were made because happy endings were cliche, but it is getting to the point where tragic endings are so common, they are cliche. It seems over half of the shows I watch, or stories I read end sad. I just don't want my favorite series to leave me with a bad taste in my mouth when I am done.

Last edited by TigerII; 2007-04-01 at 09:11.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 09:54   Link #1542
Meatrose
Antihero

I tend to agree with you Tiger. There's definately some kind of trend going on where you as an author kill off one of the individuals in the series would-be couple (or something of the same importance) and truth to be told, I'm getting a bit sick of it too. Sure, happy endings are OFTEN cheesy, and I seriously hate cheesy endings. So the REAL obstacle to overcome as an author/director should be to create a happy ending that makes a lot of sense, results in good closure and that AIN'T cheesy. Being a somewhat grim story, it wouldn't be proper to end it with "and they all lived happily ever after in a world with no wars and conflicts".

Well, I wouldn't be satisfied if Sousuke and Kaname ended up not being together, but since the main story is far from being all fumoffu-cute and happy-happy I think that some "important" character/characters have to die in the process. Dunno who though, but I would be pissed to see either Sousuke or Kaname go.
Old 2007-04-01, 10:15   Link #1543
TigerII
Pilot in Training

What I say. I understand that a big character will most likely die. And even want this as it would cause Souske to go into a revenge mode. Kill Tessa. That is a huge character that I would lable as expendable. Hell blow up the entire sub with everyone on it, minus Souske of course.

I just have a feeling that either kaname or Souske will die right after they tell the other their feelings. I would say a good "good" ending would be have Souske and kaname together, but in hiding. Never being able to see their friends again or something.
Old 2007-04-01, 11:40   Link #1544
Autumnaki
Superstar

Hmm... I suppose the ending could go eitherway in my mind. I am DESPERATELY worried that we are going to get a Escaflowne ending... UGG... That ending seriously left an impression in my mind.

But I also see it as a possibility that te kids at the school will welcome back Sousuke. They have no idea what he went through to get Kaname back. (Provided they are both alive at the end.) and the students will hopefully realize he was honorable enough, and kept his promise to return her to them. They have been gone a few months right? Surely Kyouko is better now? And Kyouko has always struck me as a forgiving person, especially when it came down to Kaname. I mean seriously Kaname has done a few things to Kyouko without a proper explanation. I am sure if Kyouko is a true friend she might realize Kaname's feelings for sousuke (the ones she is always trying to get Kaname to ADMIT.) She will prolly want him back atleast. And as for the others. If they see Kyouko wanting him back, they might change their hearts. Maybe tehy were all just pissed about Kaname, and at the moment, having been kept in the dark so long.

He will either be welcomed back, because of how much the students missed his antics. Or he will still be despised. Either way, I really hope Kaname goes with him wherever he ends up. I can't deal with seperation if the two mains areboth still alive. Tragic endings are really starting to bug me. LIKEALOTOK.

I don't think, though, that Gatou will kill of one of his main characters that he has spent 11 YEARS writing about, and developing, and planning, not to mention all the manga and anime and blahblahblah... TO KILL OFF ONE OF THE MAIN CHARACTERS ON HIS 11TH ANNIVERSARY. Ugg... I guess its possible... in a wierd... sick... sadistic/masochistic way. But to me it seems highly unlikely. I could see how one of the other gang might die. But not Sousuke or Chidori please.

*prays*
Autumnaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 12:17   Link #1545
CRM

I am simply praying for an ending like Saishuu Heiki Kanojo (Saikano).
It's the most bitter-sweet ending you can ever have imagined
CRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 12:46   Link #1546
Autumnaki
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRM View Post
I am simply praying for an ending like Saishuu Heiki Kanojo (Saikano).
It's the most bitter-sweet ending you can ever have imagined
I've never seen it.

How does its ending go?
Old 2007-04-01, 13:22   Link #1547
TigerII
Pilot in Training

What?....Man that ending left everyone dead.
Old 2007-04-01, 13:35   Link #1548
blackflash
Cookie Monster

Send a message via MSN to blackflash
Only ending i can think of is if Sousuke and Kaname seeming like the were kia during the final fight, but the last pic is maybe 1 of them in a wheelchair staring at their graves
Old 2007-04-01, 14:55   Link #1549
Autumnaki
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackflash View Post
Only ending i can think of is if Sousuke and Kaname seeming like the were kia during the final fight, but the last pic is maybe 1 of them in a wheelchair staring at their graves
WOW... LOL.

I kinda get the feeling we are all trying to think of the most terrible endings possible, so that when it hits us we wont be despressed. LOL.
Old 2007-04-01, 15:01   Link #1550
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnaki View Post
WOW... LOL.

I kinda get the feeling we are all trying to think of the most terrible endings possible, so that when it hits us we wont be despressed. LOL.
It certainly seems that way. Hopefully it will not end like that. I mean with all the talk on Japanese sites and whatnot, that would really hurt the FMP fanbase if they killed off Sousuke, Kaname and even Tessa.
Old 2007-04-01, 15:29   Link #1551
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I say everyone will die in a massive nuclear blast...
Old 2007-04-01, 16:09   Link #1552
Autumnaki
Superstar

Hey just an FYI.

Apparently Brandi has posted the last chapter of BOMF. I saw that posted in the Abstractia forums.

*needs to find a link*

Its in the Verterans forum....

I dunno if I am allowed to post a link... >> I know they did at Abstratica. I dunno I if I should do it here. LOL.

OMG AND CHECK THIS OUT. >>

Tokyopop has apparently contacted Abstractia?? For FANCONSULTING??? >> << >>;;

http://fmp.abstratica.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4539

Thats really exciting READ THAT. Seriously it seems we have alot of ppl here who know what tehy are talking about. So seriously ppl. Read that.

(If you ahve already. Forgive me. LOL.)

Last edited by Autumnaki; 2007-04-01 at 16:25. Reason: Abstratica stuffs.
Old 2007-04-01, 16:12   Link #1553
Autumnaki
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generalgm View Post
It certainly seems that way. Hopefully it will not end like that. I mean with all the talk on Japanese sites and whatnot, that would really hurt the FMP fanbase if they killed off Sousuke, Kaname and even Tessa.
Japanese sites??

I seriously have the hardest time finding them... the only ones I know of are Gatou's blog and skyblue07 I think it is.

You wouldn't happen to have some linkage would you??? XD;;

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
I say everyone will die in a massive nuclear blast...
*applauds*

LOL. I'd probably laugh... and then cry... cry for a very long time
Old 2007-04-01, 16:22   Link #1554
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Here it is. Souske is fighting [Insert Name] in [Insert City]. Blah, blah [Insert Name] realizes they can't beat Souske so they set off a nuclear timer, say 20 seconds. Souske and Kaname embrace as we see the giant fireball.
Old 2007-04-01, 16:26   Link #1555
Autumnaki
Superstar

OMG. You know whats really sad is that I can actually see that happening... >>
Old 2007-04-01, 18:31   Link #1556
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Here it is. Souske is fighting [Insert Name] in [Insert City]. Blah, blah [Insert Name] realizes they can't beat Souske so they set off a nuclear timer, say 20 seconds. Souske and Kaname embrace as we see the giant fireball.
............XD had to add the "...", said my msg was too short
Old 2007-04-01, 18:42   Link #1557
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnaki View Post
Japanese sites??

I seriously have the hardest time finding them... the only ones I know of are Gatou's blog and skyblue07 I think it is.

You wouldn't happen to have some linkage would you??? XD;;
there somewhere back in this spoilers forum page. I'll give you a couple I go to regularly.
United G Nations - Have tons of fanart and where I get some of the stuff to do on my art page (asking permission of course). Alot of the people that do the art have websites that they update and have forums on http://kurogyu.fc2web.com/ugntop.htm
Eastwind - http://eastwind.sub.jp/fmp06/
They had some get together or something last year. Did some FMP stuff and have a fanzine.
My Fav Pull Metal Panic- http://pullmeta.fc2web.com/
Fanzine Basically
Old 2007-04-01, 20:32   Link #1558
CRM

Just for your information the ending of Saikano is that the hero and heroine are still united but everyone else on earth is dead and further more the heroine only exists in an ethereal state... So you can't really say everyone died or the heroes died and you can't even say that the heroes were seperated cuz the heroine existed within the hero. (highlight the text before to see spoiler) It's the most evil ending in history ever, I am still trying to get over it...
Sorry i can't seem to find the spoiler tag to encapsulate the ending of the anime for those who didn't want to see it.
CRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 20:34   Link #1559
Autumnaki
Superstar

OMG WOW.

I am going to see if I can find some other Japanese sites.

I'm not into hentai, but I was looking at ebay, and i came across some covers of doujinshi for FMP, and they had a few pages scanned also for advertising, and the artwork and stuff looked really really cute!

I was trying to find one of the doujinshi circles online, but I don't think they have a site. I wish I could actually find out what some of the story plots are for the doujinshi.
Old 2007-04-01, 20:36   Link #1560
Autumnaki
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRM View Post
Just for your information the ending of Saikano is that the hero and heroine are still united but everyone else on earth is dead and further more the heroine only exists in an ethereal state... So you can't really say everyone died or the heroes died and you can't even say that the heroes were seperated cuz the heroine existed within the hero. (highlight the text before to see spoiler) It's the most evil ending in history ever, I am still trying to get over it...
Sorry i can't seem to find the spoiler tag to encapsulate the ending of the anime for those who didn't want to see it.

LOL, OMG... THAT WOULD BE HILARIOUS.

Say... Kaname merges with AL... and in the end you see Sousuke making out with his computer. ROFL.

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen