Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-07, 07:18   Link #1541
Fweakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpt37 View Post
Just finished watching it and I've got 1 question:

Is there any reason why Kei and Chihiro don't see or talk to each other throughout the story? I know they sent text messages to each other, but isn't it strange that that was the only communication between them? Is it because Kei still feels guilty about the accident? Or am I just think about this too much?

That one little thing aside, I really enjoyed it and finished it in one sitting. The Chihiro and Renji story is what kept me hooked.
I thought of it (as we didn't really get an explanation) that as Chihiro and Kei are (presumably) identical twins, seeing Kei would be a constant reminder for Chihiro as to how 'stuck' she was. I think of it like Kei would be a measuring stick.

That, and it would be as painful as all heck for Kei to see Chihiro in the state she was in at the start of the anime, especially knowing that she bares some responsibility for the situation.
Fweakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 09:07   Link #1542
EFrules

In Episode 6, when Kei was criticizing Kyousuke's video it's like all of her critiques was about EF itself.

She said "the actors were bad, the story was cliche, I thought it was interesting at the beginning....." And then Kyousuke ask her why she thought it was interesting at the beginning and she answered, "because it looked beautiful" and she also add "the acting was bad, but they, somehow appeared lively."

Also in the previous episode where his group members were editing his film they said "the shot you took are good, but it's though to combine them together. The shots require so much attention that they interrupt the flow...."

In my opinion these critiques was referring to the production of EF itself, I think EF's staff have the same thoughts, when they were doing the series.

Sorry I can't explain it better but I've been meaning to post this thoughts....
EFrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 12:28   Link #1543
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFrules View Post
In Episode 6, when Kei was criticizing Kyousuke's video it's like all of her critiques was about EF itself....
I think you're right, but I don't think the staff agrees with those criticisms, I think they were making fun of them.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 12:30   Link #1544
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fweakin View Post
I thought of it (as we didn't really get an explanation) that as Chihiro and Kei are (presumably) identical twins, seeing Kei would be a constant reminder for Chihiro as to how 'stuck' she was. I think of it like Kei would be a measuring stick.

That, and it would be as painful as all heck for Kei to see Chihiro in the state she was in at the start of the anime, especially knowing that she bares some responsibility for the situation.
The way I took it was that they all tired to "protect" chihiro by allowing her as little human contact as possible. It may be cruel but that way she may never know the word "lonely" because her experiences day after day has been the same for the past how many number of years.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 10:37   Link #1545
zero7090

just finished watch the series
it is quite good with the romance and sadness especially renji x chihiro love .
however hiro part ending is really doubtful. i wonder how he can check all the public telephones in the town in 100s
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 10:46   Link #1546
Troilism

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
just finished watch the series
it is quite good with the romance and sadness especially renji x chihiro love .
however hiro part ending is really doubtful. i wonder how he can check all the public telephones in the town in 100s
small town
Troilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 11:22   Link #1547
zero7090

assume with bicycle his speed is 1km/ minute (60km/h ,very fast ) 100s = 1,66 km . And if you can look at the town (in ep12 while renji sudden found those paper plane ) i'm pretty sure it took you further than 1.66 km to go around ( unless the town only has 2 public telephones )
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 13:49   Link #1548
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
assume with bicycle his speed is 1km/ minute (60km/h ,very fast ) 100s = 1,66 km . And if you can look at the town (in ep12 while renji sudden found those paper plane ) i'm pretty sure it took you further than 1.66 km to go around ( unless the town only has 2 public telephones )
I think you're really over-thinking this... You could either say that it was "convenient", or you could say that events were "abridged for time" (since the anime only showed us extracts of a day -- "and now we spend 15 minutes while we wait for Hiro to find her in order to be realistic..." ). Either way, the point of that scene (like so many (all?) in the anime) was largely symbolic anyway. (I mean, if that's doubtful, what about Yuko? )

And by the way, that phone scene wasn't "100 seconds", it was 100 yen on the calling card. That's why it lasted a lot longer than 100 seconds.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 21:15   Link #1549
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Wow nice ending. Ive always asked " If she saw him every 12 hours then they could be happy right?" well keeping someone in your heart works just as well.

Very good ending to a series i wanted to drop early on. I am so glad i decided to watch on because it overtook everything as my top series of 2007. (I'm still watching code geass now so it doesn't count :P).

Anyways, i've followed this thread on and off, and i'm sure it's been explained before, but i don't really want to go through 78 pages to find it. I've seen post mentioning some code running throughout the series. Does someone have a compiled list of all twelve codes and what exactly are they for?
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 01:46   Link #1550
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

I guess you mean this code:

1. eve
2. upon a time
3. paradox
4. honestly
5. outline
6. rain
7. I...
8. clear color
9. forget me not
10. I'm here
11. ever forever
12. love
12.5. dream

The first letter of each word spells the title of the OP song...just something imaginative Shaft decided to add into the series

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2008-01-10, 03:11   Link #1551
Ksendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
12.5. dream
Whoa, did I miss something? I have a prologue and 12 episodes.
Ksendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 03:18   Link #1552
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksendrix View Post
Whoa, did I miss something? I have a prologue and 12 episodes.
Nope, it's the last few minutes and also the conclusion of the the show. They call it a "Coda".
Old 2008-01-10, 19:52   Link #1553
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I guess you mean this code:
I think he meant the code where you find the hidden english word in the episode to unlock some secret content on the anime's official website.

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 22:29   Link #1554
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
I think he meant the code where you find the hidden english word in the episode to unlock some secret content on the anime's official website.

Yeah, actually, I'd be curious to see if anyone managed to collect an entire list of them (and if so, could they share the wealth?). I tried going through and looking for them myself, but... sometimes it's not as easy as it seems!
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 04:34   Link #1555
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Finished in one sitting! 8D

As soon as I realized it'd be a competition between Miyako and Kei, I knew I wasn't going to like that portion of the show. I dislike love battles between the childhood friend and the interesting new girl, and I also wasn't fond of Miyako herself. D:

However, like many others here, the Renji and Chihiro portion hooked me and kept me going. I wasn't sure what would happen and I was interested all the way to the very end, and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

Neat and unique series overall. (o_o)b
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 09:27   Link #1556
EFrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yeah, actually, I'd be curious to see if anyone managed to collect an entire list of them (and if so, could they share the wealth?). I tried going through and looking for them myself, but... sometimes it's not as easy as it seems!
Yeah I want to know what's the reward if you enter the special code in the main site of EF.

By the way, I re-watched EF ~episode 12~ twice yesterday and really paid attention to the scenes, but It's really hard to find and I never saw any hidden English.
Are the "codes" are all in English or can be a different language?
Old 2008-01-11, 09:58   Link #1557
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Oh...that code...
I actually tried to find some but was never able to spot any...gosh I'm so blind @_@
Yea...whoever has got them, share the loot! XD

Old 2008-01-11, 10:45   Link #1558
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

dang i'm currently rewatching the final episode and i cant seem to find any clues(i even watched the raws)

but what would the reward be? does anyone know?
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 11:57   Link #1559
andromeda0201

Just finished watching this, very good show indeed especially the visuals and of course, the music. Renji and Chihiro reminded me a bit of the '50 first dates' movie, nevertheless, they were my favourite couple.
Also noticed the slight change in the OP theme in episode 12 where the 3 girls were joined in by the 3 boys and so did not dissolve, nice touch there =D
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 13:46   Link #1560
EFrules

In addition to Inujun.

Not only that part changes but the part where all the girls were in chains they broke free.

Tags
bishoujo, drama, romance, seinen, shaft