AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-26, 07:49   Link #1561
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
I agree about Ise's magic forte ... I don't want it to suddenly become one of Ise's talents as well, since that would be pretty weird.

Still, it wouldn't hurt for him to have some small improvements in that area.

Anyway ... I think that Ise's current body has definitely given Ise some improvements in his base stats ... so, I hope that we will finally see Ise using his abilities, in his normal form, a bit more frequently, at least against lower ranked opponents, rather then having him switch to his Balance Breaker mode all the time.
Personally I don't see a reason for him not to use his BB. There is no real reason not to use it even if he doesn't need it. It doesn't cost him anything to use it and its sheer arrogance to forgo its protection. Even Vali uses his BB pretty much all the time.

Sparring without it might be interesting, but it doesn't seem like a very useful training.
Old 2013-08-26, 08:06   Link #1562
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Personally I don't see a reason for him not to use his BB. There is no real reason not to use it even if he doesn't need it. It doesn't cost him anything to use it and its sheer arrogance to forgo its protection. Even Vali uses his BB pretty much all the time.

Sparring without it might be interesting, but it doesn't seem like a very useful training.
True, at the current point there is no real reason for Ise to not use his Balance Breaker armor.

Although, I think that's going to change after Ise unlocks the capability to use Albion's stolen power, without the restrictions that it currently has, since ... Albion's power is the direct opposite of the power that Ddraig has.

In other words, similarly to Kiba's second Balance Breaker, which prevents him from creating swords that aren't Holy, whenever he uses it ... Ise won't be capable of using any ability that has a relation to Ddraig's power (his armor Balance Breaker, Tirana Mode and CCQ) whenever he is going to want to use Albion's dividing power.

Meaning that he is going to need to train some other abilities that will compensate the lack of his Ddraig related powers, in other to not get himself killed, whenever he starts using Albion's power.
Old 2013-08-26, 08:55   Link #1563
bludvein

Quote:
True, at the current point there is no real reason for Ise to not use his Balance Breaker armor.

Although, I think that's going to change after Ise unlocks the capability to use Albion's stolen power, without the restrictions that it currently has, since ... Albion's power is the direct opposite of the power that Ddraig has.

In other words, similarly to Kiba's second Balance Breaker, which prevents him from creating swords that aren't Holy, whenever he uses it ... Ise won't be capable of using any ability that has a relation to Ddraig's power (his armor Balance Breaker, Tirana Mode and CCQ) whenever he is going to want to use Albion's dividing power.

Meaning that he is going to need to train some other abilities that will compensate the lack of his Ddraig related powers, in other to not get himself killed, whenever he starts using Albion's power.
If that was really the case there would be no benefit to using the Dividing Gear. Its not even a SG on its own. Just a little stolen power from Albion that Ddraig incorporated. It's not separate like the case with Kiba's sacred gears.

Its really only an upgrade for Issei if he can use both at the same time.

Plus, since when has Issei ever listened to logic? We already know Kiba managed to incorporate incompatible powers into a working BB. No reason Ise can't do the same.
Old 2013-08-26, 09:18   Link #1564
Chris38

Quote:
If that was really the case there would be no benefit to using the Dividing Gear. Its not even a SG on its own. Just a little stolen power from Albion that Ddraig incorporated. It probably can't BB or anything. Its not Divine Dividing.

Its really only an upgrade if he can use both at the same time.

Plus, since when has Issei ever listened to logic? We already know Kiba managed to incorporate incompatible powers into a working BB. No reason Ise can't do the same.
Well, I know that it would be a demerit, it has been even mentioned in volume 10 that it would be a negative thing, but at the current moment, I think that the author has a lot more room to develop Ise's powers compared to before.

After all, you shouldn't forget that Ise also has the existence of Great Red and Ophis in his current body, so it's not like using his Divine Gear powers in combination with Ddraig's powers is the only option that the author has at his disposal.

And I'm quite aware that Ise hardly uses logic, but like I said before ... the author has a lot more possibilities to develop Ise's abilities compared to before, and I think it would be more realistic, if Ise had at least some restrictions to his powers, considering how many abilities he can potentially have - I mean, there are Ddraig's Boost powers, the power of dividing that Albion has, and whatever abilities that Ise is going to develop from Great Red's and Ophis's existence that his current body possesses ... if he could use all of them, at the same time, I think that, he would become a pretty broken character.
Old 2013-08-26, 10:17   Link #1565
bludvein

Quote:
Well, I know that it would be a demerit, it has been even mentioned in volume 10 that it would be a negative thing, but at the current moment, I think that the author has a lot more room to develop Ise's powers compared to before.

After all, you shouldn't forget that Ise also has the existence of Great Red and Ophis in his current body, so it's not like using his Divine Gear powers in combination with Ddraig's powers is the only option that the author has at his disposal.

And I'm quite aware that Ise hardly uses logic, but like I said before ... the author has a lot more possibilities to develop Ise's abilities compared to before, and I think it would be more realistic, if Ise had at least some restrictions to his powers, considering how many abilities he can potentially have - I mean, there are Ddraig's Boost powers, the power of dividing that Albion has, and whatever abilities that Ise is going to develop from Great Red's and Ophis's existence that his current body possesses ... if he could use all of them, at the same time, I think that, he would become a pretty broken character.
True, the Dividing Gear isn't the only way. There is lot of abilities that Ise could develop. My point was just that if the Dividing Gear can only be used alone there is really no benefit in pursuing that route. It would just be a downgrade that he wouldn't even use, and the author did mention it playing a part later.

Anyway, could Issei master shapeshifting into a full dragon form as his new body stabilizes? Right now he is limited to a single limb and he can't change back on his own, but that could be an interesting power too. He is a dragon now after all.

He also has to "master" CCQ, add attributes to his dragon shots (and upgrade his control of the dragon shot's movements), and find out whatever else his new body can do... I'm probably missing some things too.

Theres so many ways this can go.
Old 2013-08-26, 16:48   Link #1566
GundamFan

Quote:

I see a couple of issues with the theory of Ise not being able to use to Divine Dividing at the same time as Booster Gear first one is it's just an added ability to his scared gear it's not a second scared gear Kiba has 2 scared gears and can't use them both at the same right now who knows this may be something he over comes in the future. The second problem is 3 times I remember seeing Divine Dividing he already was using the Booster Gear in some form. Now this could easily taken care of as him not being able to safely use both modes at the same time but that would be the best they could do.
Old 2013-08-26, 22:30   Link #1567
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
I see a couple of issues with the theory of Ise not being able to use to Divine Dividing at the same time as Booster Gear first one is it's just an added ability to his scared gear it's not a second scared gear Kiba has 2 scared gears and can't use them both at the same right now who knows this may be something he over comes in the future. The second problem is 3 times I remember seeing Divine Dividing he already was using the Booster Gear in some form. Now this could easily taken care of as him not being able to safely use both modes at the same time but that would be the best they could do.
Yes it's not a complete Sacred Gear, but it's still a power that is in direct opposition to the Boosted Gear's usual functions, and that's the reason why currently using it, trims Ise's life.

So, a controlled version of it, would require some compensation for using it, without trimming his life in the process.

It's true that the compensation might not be the capability to use his Boosted Gear powers, but in that case, it would need some other price, for not taking Ise's life in the process of using it.

In other words, to me ... the situation with the Dividing Gear is more similar to Juggernaut Drive - which is an uncontrollable version of Ddraig's unsealed power, that trims Ise's life in the process of using it - and Ise's CCQ mode - which is the controllable version of the same power that consumes a large amount of Ise's stamina as the price of it, not taking Ise's life in the process of using it.

Since, it hasn't been mentioned, at all ... that Kiba's second Sacred Gear was consuming his life, before he created it's sub species Balance Breaker, I think that his situation was a little different compared to Ise's situation with his Divine Gear.
Old 2013-08-27, 11:18   Link #1568
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
I was thinking about one way it could be done. It may be possible to have Ise use Gift on himself to use DD, if that's the price to pay to safely use DD. Limitation is just the time it takes to boost to a certain level then use gift to activate DD for a limited duration, or up to a certain potency for one or more attacks. Kind of like how a capacitor can store power for a large burst of energy, but can retain a much smaller burst afterwords until needing to recharge.

I was also wondering what routes could be used to "reclaim" Le Fay from Vali's team in the eyes of the public for Ise to make a pact with. Perhaps one route would be negotiating with Vali and Arthur to "stage" a rescue of Le Fay in some kind of rating game like way, so it looks like she was just dragged along with her brother and forced to fight with them during their time with the KB.

Last edited by GrrDraxin; 2013-08-27 at 11:31.
Old 2013-08-27, 13:12   Link #1569
Chris38

^ Except that I don't think that Ise can use Gift on himself, since that would be nothing different then undergoing a usual boost of his power.

As for how Le Fay is going to make a pact with Ise ... well, you're scenario has some possibility of happening, especially considering the fact that it might give Arthur and Vali the chance to fight Kiba and Issei.

But, I also think that Kuroka has some kind of idea on how to resolve this issue as well ... at least, her lines from volume 15, seem to imply that.
Old 2013-08-27, 19:19   Link #1570
GundamFan

Quote:
Yes it's not a complete Sacred Gear, but it's still a power that is in direct opposition to the Boosted Gear's usual functions, and that's the reason why currently using it, trims Ise's life.

So, a controlled version of it, would require some compensation for using it, without trimming his life in the process.

It's true that the compensation might not be the capability to use his Boosted Gear powers, but in that case, it would need some other price, for not taking Ise's life in the process of using it.

In other words, to me ... the situation with the Dividing Gear is more similar to Juggernaut Drive - which is an uncontrollable version of Ddraig's unsealed power, that trims Ise's life in the process of using it - and Ise's CCQ mode - which is the controllable version of the same power that consumes a large amount of Ise's stamina as the price of it, not taking Ise's life in the process of using it.
Who knows maybe Ise new body will have enough of a magicial reserves this won't be an issue after all it was made by a fusion of Great Red's flesh and Ophis power that wouldn't be an unreasonable upgrade.
Also I want to make this clear I'm not in anyway or form suggesting Ise should become a mage since people seem to assume that everytime he gets a bit magic power.

Quote:
Since, it hasn't been mentioned, at all ... that Kiba's second Sacred Gear was consuming his life, before he created it's sub species Balance Breaker, I think that his situation was a little different compared to Ise's situation with his Divine Gear.
Yeah there is no evidence that Kiba's 2nd scared gear was causing him any harm and we have no clue either why he can't use both at the same time.
Ise's Booster Gear having Divine Dividing mode has some similarities to Saji's Vritra scared gear which is a fussion now of multiple scared gears and to Kiba's Sword Birth balance which produces swords that have 2 opposing elements present. However there is one big difference Saji's 4 scared gears fused on there own once present inside of him and Kiba wasn't trying for a holy demonic sword BB so you could say both of there's occurred naturally while forced his to occur by ramming another dragons soul gem into his gauntlet. While Ise did have some basis for this crazy plan Kiba's holy demonic swords he knew there was a very high probability it would destroy both himself and Ddraig so other side effects wouldn't be unexpected.
Old 2013-08-27, 22:41   Link #1571
luluvibritannia

for the Le fay issei pact someone mentioned on an earlier page the quickest way to resolve this would be for Azazel to tell everyone that he gave the entire Vali team a mission to infiltrate and spy on Khaos brigade or if that's to far fetched that he simply knew Le fay and told her to spy on Vali's team
Old 2013-08-29, 22:55   Link #1572
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by luluvibritannia View Post
for the Le fay issei pact someone mentioned on an earlier page the quickest way to resolve this would be for Azazel to tell everyone that he gave the entire Vali team a mission to infiltrate and spy on Khaos brigade or if that's to far fetched that he simply knew Le fay and told her to spy on Vali's team
Or she might just get a pardon Ise is in good with the Three Factions leadership, Kunou has a crush on him and after the whole Loki incident I'd say Odin owes Ise group a couple favors at least. The second thing to consider is we don't know what all she has done it's possible she actually ranks pretty low on the wanted list for her crimes. So even though some groups may not like her being free going head to head with Ise and company might not seem worth it.
Old 2013-08-29, 23:12   Link #1573
Chris38

OK, seems like I have gotten a quite probable theory on how the Devil Resurrection system, using the Evil Pieces works:

1.) The King infuses their devil power into an unused Evil Piece that they want to try using on the potential candidate that they want to add into their peerage.

2.) The candidate has to still be alive, or in a state where his soul hasn't left the body yet (which, takes some time) - otherwise the process is going to fail at this point.

3a.) An algorithm installed within the Evil Pieces calculates the quality of the King's devil power, connects to some kind of database (probably contained in the King piece) to determine which clan this devil power belongs to.

3b.) After that step, the algorithm checks the candidates latent and dormant abilities and calculates which and how much of the Pieces are necessary to revive that person into a Devil.

3c.) Depending on the results of those steps ... the Evil Piece used at the beginning of this procedure, shows either an accepting or rejecting reaction.

4) The Devil power that the King unleashed, at the beginning of the process, is used up to change the candidates body into a Devil belonging to the same clan as the King, as well as, start up the candidates own devil and magical powers ,using an algorithm that calculates the value of those powers, basing it on the physical parameters of the candidates body, while they where still members of their original race and negating the special / latent abilities that the candidate has.

5.)If all of those points end successfully ... the King gains another member to their peerage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's how, I think the Evil Pieces resurrect someone into a Devil.

If you think that I have made a mistake somewhere or have any other issues with this theory, fell free to comment
Old 2013-08-29, 23:52   Link #1574
bludvein

Where did you get that the candidate is turned into a devil of the same clan? If that were the case they would potentially have the same powers that the king's family is famous for, which they don't.

They are just changed to a stock devil with whatever powers they might have had before.

I also think your over-complicating it. I doubt there is any database or whatever, as the only values needed are relative. The stronger the king the more each of his pieces are worth. They check the candidate's potential and revive them if there are enough pieces of the same type to do so. Its that simple.
Old 2013-08-30, 00:05   Link #1575
Chris38

Quote:
Where did you get that the candidate is turned into a devil of the same clan? If that were the case they would potentially have the same powers that the king's family is famous for, which they don't.

They are just changed to a stock devil with whatever powers they might have had before.
I got it from Rias statements in volume 1,after she has healed Ise from the Fallen Angel attack that happened in the previous day:

Quote:
“I-I was sure I was wounded……”
“I healed it. It was critical, but thanks to your tough body, it was healable with my power in a night. I shared some of my demonic powers with you by embracing you while we were naked. I was able to do it because we are from the same clan.
Judging from that,I think that it makes them into low ranked members of their respective clan, that don't inherit any of their clans unique abilities (basically, something similar to Sairaorg's case)

Quote:
I also think your over-complicating it. I doubt there is any database or whatever, as the only values needed are relative. The stronger the king the more each of his pieces are worth. They check the candidate's potential and revive them if there are enough pieces of the same type to do so. Its that simple.
Yeah, I agree that something like that, might be more likely.
Old 2013-08-30, 00:14   Link #1576
G147

Well i think it's more like they gain some form of similarities/traits with their master's clan. Like Raiser's servant, most of them can attack with fire but none of them possess the Phoenix's immortality.
Old 2013-08-30, 00:32   Link #1577
Chris38

^ Let's just say that the Resurrected Devil's have some kind of connection with their master's clan, since, at the current point, the details haven't been clarified in the LN.
Old 2013-08-30, 05:13   Link #1578
sky black swordman

Quote:
^ Except that I don't think that Ise can use Gift on himself, since that would be nothing different then undergoing a usual boost of his power.
Actually, he can:

Vol 4 life 1:
Quote:
Splash! I hear the sound of someone jumping in the pool.

In the other course Buchou was swimming elegantly! Uoooooh! This is my chance! I dived hurriedly into the water, and activate my boosted gear! I put the gauntlet on my left hand to my face, and transferred the power that was doubled.

[Transfer!!]

Power flows in both my eyes, my eyesight suddenly increased! My field of vision increased. I caught a sight of Buchou swimming far away! I believe that my Sacred Gear is meant to be used in such times!
There is also another or 2 instances were Issei has used Gift on himself.
Old 2013-08-30, 09:24   Link #1579
Chris38

^ Thanks for reminding me of that.

Still, I think that using this function as the solution to the issues that Ise has with is Dividing Gear would be a little too easy ... but, we will see, in the future volumes, what the author has in mind when it comes to the Dividing Gear ability that Ise can potentially have.
Old 2013-08-30, 12:21   Link #1580
bludvein

That's just a simple transfer of power within his own body, not gift. He could do that before he even had access to the gift power.

The functions are the same, but gift is actually defined by using it on someone else. Its paradoxical to use it on himself.

Last edited by bludvein; 2013-08-30 at 12:43.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, echii, harem, oppai, romance, school life