AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Master Clan Conference Arc (Volume 17-19) Rating
Perfect 10 12 25.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 21.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 27.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 14.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-11-10, 09:52   Link #1561
Izumo
Banned

Bleh I was expecting the vol 18 preview, well anyways Masaki going to the first high is a very risky move and a really pathetic one. He's going to get BTFO so hard for Miyuki.
Izumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-10, 10:01   Link #1562
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Figures you guys would make this scene into a shipping one lol. I expected it really.
The text is wrong based on vol 17 though. It would have been so much better with Erika saying "I'm not suicidal" too.

Some spoilers from 2ch (or speculations, take them with a grain of salt until someone can confirm with raw):

- Toshikazu and/or Inagaki are (or suspected to be) under the Black Sage's puppeteer magic
- Miyuki, Izumi and Minami were attacked by a group of anti-magicians thugs with psion interference. Izumi and Minami couldn't do anything, but Miyuki apparently dealt with it (how, I have no idea...).
- Going to First High wasn't Masaki's idea or even his father's. Gouki was ready to let him skip the remaining of the school year to go join the hunt for the Black Sage. Third High principal suggested he attend First High instead.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-10, 10:03   Link #1563
YbKWzNEb
Uninstall

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
Nope
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
lol. looks like the final antagonist at medaka box or something?
YbKWzNEb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-10, 10:05   Link #1564
Izumo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
The text is wrong based on vol 17 though. It would have been so much better with Erika saying "I'm not suicidal" too.

Some spoilers from 2ch (or speculations, take them with a grain of salt until someone can confirm with raw):

- Toshikazu and/or Inagaki are (or suspected to be) under the Black Sage's puppeteer magic
- Miyuki, Izumi and Minami were attacked by a group of anti-magicians thugs with psion interference. Izumi and Minami couldn't do anything, but Miyuki apparently dealt with it (how, I have no idea...).
- Going to First High wasn't Masaki's idea or even his father's. Gouki was ready to let him skip the remaining of the school year to go join the hunt for the Black Sage. Third High principal suggested he attend First High instead.
The first one is something new, also not so sure about that. The last 2 spoilers, well I've seen them on different places and seems legit as far as I know because on 2ch someone posted the text in japanese but as you said, we need to wait for confirmation.
Old 2015-11-10, 10:32   Link #1565
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izumo View Post
The first one is something new, also not so sure about that. The last 2 spoilers, well I've seen them on different places and seems legit as far as I know because on 2ch someone posted the text in japanese but as you said, we need to wait for confirmation.
I took them all from the 2ch spoiler thread, but only Inagaki might be under the Black Sage's magic, Toshikazu isn't mentioned the first time someone talk about it. He shows up in later posts though.

It's hard to differentiate what is a spoiler and what is a speculation in there though and context is sometimes totally missing.

Last edited by azarhal; 2015-11-10 at 10:47.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-10, 10:39   Link #1566
IceHism

Hmm, I just checked volume 10 which this volume is suppose to mirror and there was only a start of a cool fight in that near the end with not much action elsewhere or in the illustrations. Hmm, maybe we could get some interesting world building details or learn some new things about the characterd. I'm just hoping the volume 19 payoff will be worth it.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-10, 10:48   Link #1567
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Spoiler for #3:
I am on page 94 of the raw, and that one is confirmed.
Spoiler for transfer:
Old 2015-11-10, 10:55   Link #1568
amtro
Distro

Dying to know what happens in Mayumi's scenes. Did she have a change of heart about stealing Tatsuya from Miyuki?

Last edited by amtro; 2015-11-10 at 11:58.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-10, 11:02   Link #1569
Izumo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
I am on page 94 of the raw, and that one is confirmed.
Spoiler for transfer:
Can't wait to see how is Masaki going to react after getting rejected by Miyuki, seriously I don't mind about Mayumi but Masaki is just an immature kid who needs to stay away.
Old 2015-11-10, 12:08   Link #1570
dere_lover21

Seriously??? Can't masaki take the hint already that miyuki doesn't like him.... Please dude give up already don't cling to false hope that miyuki will response to your feelings.. Just find other woman that will response to your love. Your ruining the love of miyuki and tatsuya... Your going to be hated by the fans of miyuki and tatsuya. Just give up already and be a good boy masaki this is a fight that you cannot win no matter what you will do.
dere_lover21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-10, 12:09   Link #1571
bakato

Hey, hey. This wasn't his idea and the point was to hunt Jie.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-10, 12:30   Link #1572
TrueAlchemist

The rest of preview sample pages was translated in Korean, so I am sharing few interesting and relevant details just like last time.
Spoiler for Vol.18 preview - Interesting Details.:
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-10, 12:45   Link #1573
dere_lover21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Hey, hey. This wasn't his idea and the point was to hunt Jie.
Maybe but it was a shit kind of move to visit the first high. Can't he just well I don't know grow a damn spine already and accept the reality that miyuki will never response to his feelings.
Old 2015-11-10, 12:48   Link #1574
TrueAlchemist

Spoiler for Vol.18 Color illustration translation.:
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-10, 12:53   Link #1575
amtro
Distro

Giri chocolate is often translated as obligation chocolate.
Old 2015-11-10, 12:54   Link #1576
Zeborg

Well, Satou has to resolve the storythread he started. You can't really write a crush on a character and then ignore it the entire series, like what Satou has done. It had to come up eventually.

The positive side of this is that it's most likely going to get resolved next volume after Masaki's period of 1 month is over, and we can move on to more interesting things.

The negative side is that, the execution of this entire thing doesn't do Masaki any favors, and the entire thing seems too stupid to actually be true. Transferring to 1st high almost immediately after Tatsuya's and Miyuki's engagement was announced to court Miyuki, who finally gets to be in the relationship with Tatsuya that she always wanted? It's a lose situation for everyone involved, Tatsuya, Miyuki and Masaki.
Zeborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-10, 13:03   Link #1577
Requiem-x
The slacking one

New volume time? What is it about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
This looks like a another chill volume full of romcom antics... uhhhhhhhhhhh
Ok then. Thanks for the heads up. Ugh, stuff like this is mahouka as its weakest, unless its Tatsuya softly trolling someone. Kinda interested to know about Mayumi, of course, but that's about it.

Checking earlier pages, seems like Ayako fans got a bit of a scare for a moment there. My sympathies, I know that feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Satroll reeling those shippers in. Tatsuya gets choco from every girl; Except from Erika. Really now? Not only that he didn't even move the plot. All illus are romcom shet. See you guys in january.

PS: is that ai ai gasa one of Mayumi's day dream?

P.S.S: So after vol. 19 we get a SS well I guess we'll see in May.
Guess Erika can't shake off the scare so easily. Or has an idea of how futile it is.

Adorable avatar, by the way.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-10, 13:16   Link #1578
dere_lover21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeborg View Post
The negative side is that, the execution of this entire thing doesn't do Masaki any favors, and the entire thing seems too stupid to actually be true. Transferring to 1st high almost immediately after Tatsuya's and Miyuki's engagement was announced to court Miyuki, who finally gets to be in the relationship with Tatsuya that she always wanted? It's a lose situation for everyone involved, Tatsuya, Miyuki and Masaki.
Your right about masaki looking like a D and A.hole in this volume. Can't he see that miyuki doesn't like him and he's making it difficult for miyuki. It's like announcing that he's going to be a D and A.hole in this volume.
Old 2015-11-10, 13:45   Link #1579
Izumo
Banned

Ok let's be serious (don't kill me), if Masaki is friendzoned by Miyuki who can be his partner?

Spoiler for hmm:
Old 2015-11-10, 13:48   Link #1580
bakato

Where's Yakumo? Isn't he supposed to get involved?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
political intrigue