AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-02-03, 19:47   Link #15781
GotEffed2RageQuit
N.Kurogane x N.Vermillion

What if Empty was Tohka, and Kurumi wants to kill the 1st Spirit because of her?
Old 2017-02-03, 20:05   Link #15782
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotEffed2RageQuit View Post
What if Empty was Tohka, and Kurumi wants to kill the 1st Spirit because of her?
Wanted, you mean? She's given up on that now, in favour of killing Westcott, Woodman and Ellen, thanks to <Raziel> confirming that she will never be strong enough.

But I thought that as well, actually - that Tohka might be Empty - but Kurumi didn't react to her at all in Volume 3, and Empty is described there as a little girl - which Tohka is certainly not - and Spirts don't age. Still...would Tachibana really use the same set up twice...?
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-04, 10:27   Link #15783
TobiBadass6969

What if instead Empty was Kurumi? A "her" before she was a spirit.
TobiBadass6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-04, 11:17   Link #15784
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

That Kurumi meets in person? She does have time powers, I guess. Why would she be completely amnesiac, though? Was she amnesiac as a human?
Old 2017-02-04, 15:50   Link #15785
JonasDown!

Alright, so I'd like to pick up this particular topic that no one seems to think much about:

Phantom is the one giving out sephira crystals to these girls and turning them into spirits thus that makes her a superior being compared to normal spirits. As quoted here: "A spirit dares oppose me?" when Origami attacked her. So if there's anything higher than the tree, the "Ains" would be the plausible answer am I right? They sit above Kether, the crown.

Also, we've now got two girls that might be spirits yet hold no numerical value in their names or surnames, the first being "Mio" and this second girl whose name is "Empty".
As for the "semi-spirits" I can't really come up with anything for that. As far as we know, each spirit used to be human and they all have a sephira crystal inside their bodies, so semi-spirits are something we can't explain right now.
The only thing I can say is that this other world where the spirits live may have different laws that work differently from Shidou's world. The thing is, I can understand turning a human into a spirit by handing out the sephira but, why does even another world exist? For what purpose? Is it to keep the spirits safe from human experimentation for instance? Did this world exist since the very beggining?

When you start thinking about this, it gets deep, really deep.
JonasDown! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-04, 17:38   Link #15786
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasDown! View Post
Alright, so I'd like to pick up this particular topic that no one seems to think much about:

Phantom is the one giving out sephira crystals to these girls and turning them into spirits thus that makes her a superior being compared to normal spirits. As quoted here: "A spirit dares oppose me?" when Origami attacked her. So if there's anything higher than the tree, the "Ains" would be the plausible answer am I right? They sit above Kether, the crown.

Also, we've now got two girls that might be spirits yet hold no numerical value in their names or surnames, the first being "Mio" and this second girl whose name is "Empty".
As for the "semi-spirits" I can't really come up with anything for that. As far as we know, each spirit used to be human and they all have a sephira crystal inside their bodies, so semi-spirits are something we can't explain right now.
The only thing I can say is that this other world where the spirits live may have different laws that work differently from Shidou's world. The thing is, I can understand turning a human into a spirit by handing out the sephira but, why does even another world exist? For what purpose? Is it to keep the spirits safe from human experimentation for instance? Did this world exist since the very beggining?

Perhaps Semi spirits are the offspring of former spirits. It hasn't been said the spirits we know were the first ones to use the sephira crystals.
Old 2017-02-04, 18:41   Link #15787
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:

Well, Mio's likely either <Phantom> or Tohka.
As for the Ains, then yeah. Specifically, it is said that Ain (Nothingness), Ain Soph (Infinity), and Ain Soph Aur (Infinite Light), are all different aspects of the same being - God, and that the light of Ain Soph Aur is contained within ten vessels, with these vessels being called 'Sephirah' or 'Sephiroth' in terms of multiple. It is also said that the fifth portion of light was too strong for its vessel and cracked it, which created the ten husks or 'Qliphah'/'Qliphoth'. I assume Kotori's inability to control her powers is a nod to that.

Also, at least we get to see this other world, finally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Perhaps Semi spirits are the offspring of former spirits. It hasn't been said the spirits we know were the first ones to use the sephira crystals.
That...makes a lot of sense.

Last edited by Dark Rose Princess; 2017-02-04 at 19:10.
Old 2017-02-04, 19:29   Link #15788
tuckersister

If Kurumi had a mom, what kind of person would she be?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-04, 19:52   Link #15789
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
If Kurumi had a mom, what kind of person would she be?
Well, she almost certainly did once, unless you mean 'if she knew her mother', in which case, who knows. Her mother could have been a loving person, or a cruel one. We'll just have to wait and see.
Old 2017-02-06, 17:56   Link #15790
JonasDown!

So chapter 2 has finally been translated and there are three major topics I'd like to talk about:

First and foremost: Mukuro's character.
It was really funny in a way the way she behaved when she picked Shidou up for their date by using a gateaway and appearing in the middle of the street with lots of witnessers. Makes you wonder how long she's been isolated from human interaction. And as said by many, she's like a samurai, who likes quiet places and doesn't care about popular stuff such as clothing and frenquent visited places by people, kinda reminded me about Tohka when she wanted to use her angel in public.

Second is Elliot.
Like the summary said, he can freaking stand and fight, managed to rip off Westcott's arm but he himself lost his arm and leg sadly. As we know from vol.14, he could also seal the power of the spirits? I can't really buy an old underdog man like him could hold his own agaisnt Westcott, so do you guys think he can use an angel too?

Third but no less important: Shidou's past.
So apparently, Tachibana thought it was about time we got some hints of Shidou's past and indeed we got them. When I read that, man, I really felt bad for him, those were some great emotional scenes just being memories/flashbacks. I wonder what you guys think about it. Even thought it wasn't much at least we now know he felt during that time.
Old 2017-02-06, 18:05   Link #15791
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Mukuro is absolutely adorable, in a word. Also yeah, very Tohka. Fitting that the last Spirit Shido meets parallels the first.

Yeah, I'd say that Elliot perhaps used the First Spirit's power there. Which is seriously cool.

There's so much I could say in response to that last point, but in respect to the translation project, I'm not comfortable doing so, given that the translator specifically asked spoilers not be given out as it would ruin the emotional build-up of the volume.
Old 2017-02-06, 18:20   Link #15792
cyberdemon

Quote:
So chapter 2 has finally been translated and there are three major topics I'd like to talk about:

First and foremost: Mukuro's character.
It was really funny in a way the way she behaved when she picked Shidou up for their date by using a gateaway and appearing in the middle of the street with lots of witnessers. Makes you wonder how long she's been isolated from human interaction. And as said by many, she's like a samurai, who likes quiet places and doesn't care about popular stuff such as clothing and frenquent visited places by people, kinda reminded me about Tohka when she wanted to use her angel in public.

Second is Elliot.
Like the summary said, he can freaking stand and fight, managed to rip off Westcott's arm but he himself lost his arm and leg sadly. As we know from vol.14, he could also seal the power of the spirits? I can't really buy an old underdog man like him could hold his own agaisnt Westcott, so do you guys think he can use an angel too?

Third but no less important: Shidou's past.
So apparently, Tachibana thought it was about time we got some hints of Shidou's past and indeed we got them. When I read that, man, I really felt bad for him, those were some great emotional scenes just being memories/flashbacks. I wonder what you guys think about it. Even thought it wasn't much at least we now know he felt during that time.
It's too bad we have been shown that arms can be reattached. Would be nice to see westcott struggle for a while
Old 2017-02-06, 18:21   Link #15793
JonasDown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
Mukuro is absolutely adorable, in a word. Also yeah, very Tohka. Fitting that the last Spirit Shido meets parallels the first.

Yeah, I'd say that Elliot perhaps used the First Spirit's power there. Which is seriously cool.

There's so much I could say in response to that last point, but in respect to the translation project, I'm not comfortable doing so, given that the translator specifically asked spoilers not be given out as it would ruin the emotional build-up of the volume.
Yeah seriously, Mukuro is really sweet. I specially liked the scene where she extends her hand towards Shidou and Shidou understanding her intentions went "shall we go ojou-sama?". I'm upset the anime will never adapt this

Yeah, reagarding Elliot, he must have sealed a spirit before and he's still holding onto that power. It will be interesting to learn more about him.

I understand, that's why I kept it simple by saying it was heartbreaking. Not going into detail but when the full volume is out, this will be a major topic. The next chapter is called: "Unlocked Memories", oh boy
Old 2017-02-06, 18:24   Link #15794
JonasDown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
It's too bad we have been shown that arms can be reattached. Would be nice to see westcott struggle for a while
We didn't learn if Elliot saved his limbs so what a bad luck. Well, at least we got to see Ellen snap.
Old 2017-02-06, 18:24   Link #15795
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Yeah seriously, Mukuro is really sweet. I specially liked the scene where she extends her hand towards Shidou and Shidou understanding her intentions went "shall we go ojuo-sama?". I'm upset the anime will never adapt this

Yeah, reagarding Elliot, he must have sealed a spirit before and he's still holding onto that power. It will be interesting to learn more about him.

I understand, that's why I kept it simple by saying it was heartbreaking. Not going into detail but when the full volume is out, this will be a major topic. The next chapter is called: "Unlocked Memories", oh boy
I know! It's so cute <3

It was confirmed he sealed the First's power in V14, IIRC. I may be remembering, though.

Oh no, it's (likely) not at all what you think. Those flashbacks are...something else.
Old 2017-02-06, 18:34   Link #15796
JonasDown!

Quote:
I know! It's so cute <3

It was confirmed he sealed the First's power in V14, IIRC. I may be remembering, though.

Oh no, it's (likely) not at all what you think. Those flashbacks are...something else.
I'm so looking forward to reading more of Mukuro and her "innocent" love

He fell in love with the first spirit, we don't know if he sealed her.

Whatever those flashbacks were, they were really deep. I'd like to say more about them but I have to "refrain" myself if you understand
Old 2017-02-06, 18:55   Link #15797
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:

Whatever those flashbacks were, they were really deep. I'd like to say more about them but I have to "refrain" myself if you understand
Ah~ I knew that that was confirmed, but I must have confused theory with fact when it came to his sealing her.
When was it revealed he could seal Spirits again? Skimming through V14 just now didn't yield it.

Oh no, talking about what has already been translated is fine, I think. The reason I have to refrain is because I know (part of) what hasn't been translated, or at least, why Shido's having those flashes now, and I seem to recall the translator (or someone?) requesting on the wiki that it be kept a secret for maximum impact when the translation is done. Inverse-Kurumi is a fantastic translator, after all, and his adaptive writing is top-tier - it's sure to be gut-punching when it finally is done. And just because I know what happens, doesn't mean I don't want to read the actual novel - if the translation is halted, I'm out of luck.
Old 2017-02-06, 19:06   Link #15798
JonasDown!

Quote:
Ah~ I knew that that was confirmed, but I must have confused theory with fact when it came to his sealing her.
When was it revealed he could seal Spirits again? Skimming through V14 just now didn't yield it.

Oh no, talking about what has already been translated is fine, I think. The reason I have to refrain is because I know (part of) what hasn't been translated, or at least, why Shido's having those flashes now, and I seem to recall the translator (or someone?) requesting on the wiki that it be kept a secret for maximum impact when the translation is done. Inverse-Kurumi is a fantastic translator, after all, and his adaptive writing is top-tier - it's sure to be gut-punching when it finally is done. And just because I know what happens, doesn't mean I don't want to read the actual novel - if the translation is halted, I'm out of luck.
I see, so it's the real deal. Well, that only leaves me hanging wanting to read more. This volume is packed up with everything from the looks of it.
Old 2017-02-06, 20:40   Link #15799
cyberdemon

Quote:

It's highly implied. He knows he can seal spirits like shidou so he must have had some experience with it.
Old 2017-02-06, 22:41   Link #15800
Kouta6659
Path To The Goddess

Quote:

So I take it Shido ever sealing the first spirit is out of the question. Rats was hoping if Shido does get the harem end that the first spirit and a couple other characters would be added as well.
Kouta6659 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy